Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation (946 Views)

Naira Scarcity: You Have Endured Enough, Vote Out APC Now, Saraki To Nigerians / "Sign The Electoral Bill Now" - Saraki Advises President Buhari / DSS Arrests Adams Oshiomhole Over APC Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by mrakeli62: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has asked the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adams Oshiomhole to resign from politics.

Saraki was reacting to the allegations of collecting kickbacks in dollars levelled against Oshiomhole, adding that there is no moral justification for him to continue to remain in politics.

Saraki also described a statement credited Oshiomhole, asking him to resign his position as the Senate President on moral ground as a “joke.”
Speaking with journalists in Ilorin yesterday on the sidelines of the sixth remembrance prayer for his late father, Dr Olusola Saraki, the Senate President said that Oshiomole has no locus standi to talk about morality in today’s Nigeria’s politics.
He said, “That must be a joke coming from Oshiomole talking about moral ground. I think Oshiomole has no locus standi to talk about morality today. Oshiomole is somebody, who we have been told had been collecting not even Naira but dollars from candidates and he is being accused by his party’s aspirants and Governors. I don’t think he has any moral ground, even to continue to be in politics not to talk about being a Chairman of a party.
“I remember in those days even Oyegun, they never accused him of something like this. I have left that party. I’m sure the President, based on integrity, knows the right thing to do. So, on moral ground, he cannot speak on moral ground.

Also speaking on the Saturday by-election in Irepodun /Ekiti /Oke Ero /Isin federal constituency, Saraki decried huge deployment of policemen and sudden change of divisional heads of police in four local government areas for the by-election.
“You see, the mistake we sometimes make, we forget that Nigeria is a big nation in this global world, not only in the context of Africa. We provide leadership. An action that we take that tries to suggest that we are not civilised with rule of law and processes, doesn’t augur well with the image. Today, the President is the President of ECOWAS likewise the Chairman of INEC as chairman of electoral bodies in Ecowas, even show that we are a responsible country.
“So, when the Inspector General of Police(IG) begins to do things like this without following due process, it is not good for our country. And that is what we always stand for. And all those who are supposed to caution him should ensure that due process is followed in things like this.
“We have been doing bye-election here, I have never seen where the Divisional Police Officers( DPOs), are being transferred. We have been doing bye-elections here, I have never seen where 200 or 300 security personnel are being deployed. It is not about Kwara, it is about the country. It is about how the world sees us. It is about how we provide leadership in the continent.
“And we keep on saying that people like these are not doing the President any good. The people at the end of the day will speak, and they should allow people to exercise their rights, vote in peace and vote their wishes and should not do anything that creates fear or break law and order.
“In spite of all these, I see PDP winning the election because we are on ground. There is no doubt about it. If you go round, you will know who is on ground. And you will see that in the results. They should allow people to exercise their rights”, he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/11/quit-politics-now-saraki-advises.html

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by mbaboy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
Saraki Buhari's nightmare shocked
Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by onubijoe(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Oshiomole has no moral reputation for one day both home and abroad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by SolutionMee: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
cheesy
I wonder what an inexperienced pygmy is doing in politics.
I also wonder what an ugly sandfly needs money for to be involved in corruption allegation.
I also wonder what a man with an improvident manhood needs power for than to impregnate his wife.
The short-arse should be expelled from politics and locked up inside jail. Jaildom being that he must restore the happiness of Lara by making her pregnant.
Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by magoo10(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
The midget is an hypocrite like his oga at the top
Good advice from baba oloye

3 Likes

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by Racoon(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
".....Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissn im(EFCC) to commence criminal proceedings against Oshiomole for allegedly diverting state funds into personal use..."
This two-prong investigation Oshiomole is facing from criminal abuse of office during the period of governorship & that arising from the controversial primaries conducted by his party are enough reasons for him to stand down until he is cleared.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by GavelSlam: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
Saraki you and PDP and you should mind the business of your party.

You are the senate president and there are scores of other parties. Your interest in APC suggests you are not just idle but scared stiff

2 Likes

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by Stocking: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are the senate president and there are scores of other parties. Your interest in APC suggests you are not just idle but scared stiff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by Racoon(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
GavelSlam:
Saraki you and PDP and you should mind the business of your party.You are the senate president and there are scores of other parties. Your interest in APC suggests you are not just idle but scared stiff
Rather is the APC is morbidly scared of Saraki going by all the barrage of attacks the party have launched on him which he survived.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by Modphase: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
I am so excited Buhari is stepping up his political game. The wailing from Igbo over 2014 election must be extended to top PDP politicians. I remember clearly how PDP rigged Ogun Osun Ekiti Ondo n also stole Oshomole mandate shamelessly because it held federal power. They must be paid in kind and the time is now.

1 Like

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by vbnn(m): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
Oshiomole,you'v been warned!
Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by bedspread: 7:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Oshimole Is Morally Challenged!!
!
Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by socialmediaman: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2018
Oshiomhole is working for his master Buhari, just like Gandollar. They’re proxies used by Buhari to raise money for his 2019 re-election by collecting bribes from party members and contractors, while Buhari continues to play the ‘upright’ card to energize his base ahead of 2019

1 Like

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by Omeokachie: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2018
Oshi-omoh-OLE is just another frustrated, treasury looting, bribe taking midget.

1 Like

Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by saaron(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
A man who ran away to USA immediately after few hours grilling by DSS should never be taken serious.
This is the reason why I admire FFK. Despite spending close to a month under DSS custody, and treated like a common criminal, FFK never fled the country. The guy is still in Nigeria defending himself, kicking strong and giving buhari-clone rudderless govt sleepless nights.
Re: Quit Politics Now – Saraki Advises Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegation by mushystuff: 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
GavelSlam:

So why has Oshiomole been concerned about someone in another party? If u bothered to read carefully, you'd have seen from the beginning that his statement was in response to one from Adams about him.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose In Road Accident On Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / Reactions As Orji Kalu Shares 18 Years Throwb picture f Him And President Buhari / Buhari Act Funny When Casting His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.