Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist (17895 Views)

Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Lotechi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
If it were to be in Nigeria, a ruling by an incompetent judge would bar Cnn from taking the issue to court just like what is playing out in Kano state. Nigeria is such a big joke.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Lotechi(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
Reference:

Na...he doesn't have to answer and he will completely ignore him. I think CNN is become too partisan and they will lose out in the long run. They have more at stake than a 'here today, gone tomorrow' political office holder.
have u ever listened to fox news? So you do not think there is a reason Cnn is the leading news channel in the world?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Lotechi(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
FisifunKododada:
Trump is acting like a bloody tyrant.

Even 'disrespectful' speech is protected under the 1st Amendment of the US constitution. If you don't know STOP yapping.
. The guy does not know the meaning of free speech and freedom of the press. Free speech is supposed to cause some level of discomfort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Reference(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lotechi:
have u ever listened to fox news? So you do not think there is a reason Cnn is the leading news channel in the world?

Was the leading news channel. They are going the way of FOX News and losing objectivity. They are supposed to be a global network but 16 out of 24 hours a day it is Trump, Trump, Trump. Other networks are quietly filling the gaps.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by PROPHETmichael: 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Alzirida:
Wow.
Victory for press.

I can't wait to see when CNN reporter Jim Acosta will throw him (Trump) his first question

He will be rendered as persona non grata at the white house because Trump will ignore him any time he raise his hand to ask question.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Lotechi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Reference:

Was the leading news channel. They are going the way of FOX News and losing objectivity. They are supposed to be a global network but 16 out of 24 hours a day it is Trump, Trump, Trump. Other networks are quietly filling the gaps.
have they ever reported a story about Trump and it turned out to be false?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here

Those of you quoting me I guess you didn't watch the press conference.
CNN is hypocritical fake news media.
There were over 100 journalists present in the conference and each were entitled to a single question
Jim Acosta didn't ask a question but rather he was interviewing Donald Trump on the moral behind his banning of illegal immigrants arguing with Trump that they were not invaders.
He completely disrespected Sarah by refusing to hand over microphone to her while other journalists were struggling to have a chance to ask the president a question
I watched it and journalists are NOT allowed just one question. They can ask as many as they can until Trump chooses to call someone else. additionally which "Sarah" are you referring to please? Sarah Sanders?!
The US constitution upholds freedom of the press and a sitting president should not try to breach constitution simply because he is uncomfortable with lines of questions poised at him. Trump needs to grow up.

BTW, all other press houses (Fox News inclusive!), rallied around CNN and Acosta during this legal process. They all witnessed the exchange and what is unfair, was clear for all to see.

If anyone lied, go see the crap Sanders pulled out after the revocation. Acosta never touched (or as they claimed) grabbed the intern.

Please let's stop being biased.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by lionson(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

IPOB Pig spotted! grin

Yoruba vulture spotted! grin grin grin
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Ugosample(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here

There were over 100 journalists present in the conference and each were entitled to a single question
Jim Acosta didn't ask a question but rather he was interviewing Donald Trump on the moral behind his banning of illegal immigrants arguing with Trump that they were not invaders.
He completely disrespected Sarah by refusing to hand over microphone to her while other journalists were struggling to have a chance to ask the president a question

undecided

so it is on that basis that his pass should be revoked?

typical black man monkey brain thinking at play here

"you cannot try that with a local govt chairman here "

that is why Nigeria remains a $hithole

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Ugosample(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

I watched it and journalists are NOT allowed just one question. They can ask as many as they can until Trump chooses to call someone else. additionally which "Sarah" are you referring to please? Sarah Sanders?!
The US constitution upholds freedom of the press and a sitting president should not try to breach constitution simply because he is uncomfortable with lines of questions poised at him. Trump needs to grow up.

BTW, all other press houses (Fox News inclusive!), rallied around CNN and Acosta during this legal process. They all witnessed the exchange and what is unfair, was clear for all to see.

If anyone lied, go see the crap Sanders pulled out after the revocation. Acosta never touched (or as they claimed) grabbed the intern.

Please let's stop being biased.

no mind them jare

many Nigerians have lived so long in a $hithole jungle, that they cannot fathom a thing like this happening

They think every where is like that cesspir Nigeria, where you can bully, threaten and deal with people with impunity

America is a law abiding country and the law will be followed

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Ugosample(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lotechi:
If it were to be in Nigeria, a ruling by an incompetent judge would bar Cnn from taking the issue to court just like what is playing out in Kano state. Nigeria is such a big joke.

a gigantic joke of a country
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Ugosample(m): 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
linearity:

When I sometime say, Nigeria have little to no hope from our current dismay condition, individuals like this poster are my evidence.

How can you hold up the way a local government chairman in Nigeria treats others, especially the media as a standard for the world?

The Media is the 4th Estate of any democracy, they have a duty to confront the 1st, 2nd and 3rd estates and to get answers to their questions...these other three estates cannot shut off the media.

I watched that video too, Trump was trying to use his bully pulpit to shut off that Journalist and in true discharge of his responsibilities, he stood his ground and refused to be shut down or intimidated. The next journalist who took the mic, immediately supported the CNN journalist. Even Fox News filed a friend of the court amicus brief supporting the journalist against Trump and the White House.

The goal of the White House was to deny coverage to those who are not in their favor...It is called democracy for a reason and another word for democracy is divided government i.e. where diverse opinions should be allowed to strive.

Am ordering pop corns already to see how he is going to shut down the House, which from January will have individuals with diverse opinion. He will have to learn the hard way on how to compromise and work with them, or he will just settle for a lame duck President from here with no accomplishments and have to rule with EO which have limited power, limited authorities, can be challenged in court and can be deleted from the books by the stroke of the pen of the next President with a diverse opinion....and also confirm Judges, period!

It is even poetic justice that the Judge that ruled against him here in the D.C court, was the very Judge he appointed.

you have said it all jare

no mind all these people

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Ugosample(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
ruffp:

Nigerians sha...na only u watch am ba.
The skewed thinking that office holders are lords over all.
Even his fellow reporters seated during the press conference sided Jim while you seated in front of the TV feels otherwise.
If u must know, ALL major news network including Fox joined CNN in the suit.
Its your kind of thinking that has resulted in this country being a mess.
Change your mindset.

no blame them

growing up in a poisonous $hithole like Nigeria affecrs the psyche of so many undecided

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by tianshie(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
Reference:

Na...he doesn't have to answer and he will completely ignore him. I think CNN is become too partisan and they will lose out in the long run. They have more at stake than a 'here today, gone tomorrow' political office holder.

Did you watch the exchange on TV? I don't think so. Do you live in the US? I don't think so. CNN isn't partisan. Right now they're criticizing the Dems for not conceding the governorship and senate races in Florida. Not saying they aren't biased. Any good journalist would tell you that no news organisation is completely fair. The news is always skewered toward a particular interest. Trump refuses to answer questions, because he is a liar, and when confronted with his lies, he becomes apoplectic with anger.

If you think CNN is problematic, what of FOX news whom are shameless shills for Trump. Trump tweets FOX lies from his twitter account. He promotes books by FOX news anchors. It's become his propaganda machine.

Stop parroting everything you hear. Peel away from the crowd, and cooperate with your individual reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Caseless: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2018
bedspread:
Definitely He will !

The USA Is a Law Abiding institution
"US a law abiding institution"? grin grin
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by MrPRevailer(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2018
If some like Trump doesn't win the next Presidential election, (if the leftist party wins) the sorrows of this world will increase 10 fold.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by MrPRevailer(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2018
If someone like Trump doesn't win the next Presidential election, (if the leftist party wins) the sorrows of this world will increase 10 fold.

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by TEYA: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge

There were over 100 journalists present in the conference and each were entitled to a question
Doing the bolded does not permit Trump to fire him. And did you say "You can't try that here"? America is not "here". And besides, if Buhari should do that here, people like you will not be calling the journalist disrespectful. Talk about double standard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Sacks National Security Adviser (John Bolton) / Revolution Loading In Malawi, As The People Say No More Oppression (Video) / "Dying By The Dozens Every Day" - Ukraine Losses Climb - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.