Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser (2052 Views)

Wike Sacks Opunabo Inko-Tariah, His Media Adviser / Honourable Moji Lawal Gets Married (photos) / Why I Appoints Lawal As SGF- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser by AloyEmeka8: 5:28am On Jul 26, 2010
Obama to name US-based Nigerian as trade adviser

Sunday, July 25, 2010

NIGERIAN-BORN US-based oil guru, Dr. Kase Lawal is expected to be named by US President Barack Obama as a top presidential adviser, Empowered Newswire reports.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/25/613.html

The hint was dropped by US sources during the week.

The nomination of Dr. Lawal, the Houston-based oil guru is coming several months after the failed nomination of Jide Zeitlin as one of the American Ambassadors to the United Nations last year December.

Sources knowledgeable about the appointment process said Obama will soon name Houston-based Nigerian oil guru, Dr. Kase Lawal one of his international trade negotiation policy advisers, a position that is an active and honorary presidential adviser's ranking.

Unlike in the case of Jide Zeitlin, a former investment banker whose nomination to the US Senate was later withdrawn by Zeitlin himself, according to the White House after controversial reports on his investments in India surfaced, Obama does not require a senate confirmation to select Lawal as his trade policy and negotiation adviser.

In the US, there are different levels of trade policy advisers, some named by Congress and some the president and his administration.
Re: Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser by Becomrich0: 5:42am On Jul 26, 2010
O no. Obama did not give me the job. I am crying michelle. I should have relocated to the US. O my God. Michelle I am crying over here. O my God . joking
Re: Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2010
Becomrich0:

O no. Obama did not give me the job. I am crying michelle. I should have relocated to the US. O my God. Michelle I am crying over here. O my God . joking

lmao!!!! grin grin grin grin

I see through your facade mehn
Re: Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser by sjeezy8: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
lol hes replacing a Nigerian with another Nigerian-

that Jide zeitlin guy dey fuk up - Kase lawal and him are making too much money.
Re: Obama To Name Kese Lawal As Trade Adviser by sjeezy8: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2010

Governor Paterson of New York.

Kase lawal

both are doing well tho- I give it to them

(1) (Reply)

Church Plans Quran-burning Event / Why Africa Needs 'cheetahs,' Not 'hippos' / Army To Tackle Security Lapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.