Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (48032 Views)

Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Omeokachie: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
Stick to topic.

Between the ineffectual buffoon and madam headress, who is lying? grin

Either you cannot read or you have issue comprehending, or both.
#Nextlevelmadness surely.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by sureheaven(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2018
This man wrote his own book to cast blames on people.
He never learns from his mistake and apologize to Nigerians for ruining the nation.

What a buffoon that he is.

God save u didn’t listen to those bad people around u. Your own would have been worst than Samuel doe. shocked

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Franzinni: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2018
grin
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by TEDHorsePower: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2018
GEJ is a hero of black race

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Afamed: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
Look at their lives.

Bloody lying crooks.

Their dumb fanatics wondering whom to support in this like.. cheesy
Jonathan book is full of his usual deceit. Early it was stated that Okonjo advised gave Jonathan to concede defeat. Now it's another story coming up again.Hallmark of PDP lies,deceit and Propaganda

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2018
ok
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by mezarddinny: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2018
igbos are big fraudsters, that is why we will not trust them with our leadership

ngozi okonjo and osita chidoka didn't want jonathan to leave, so criminal of them

despite iweala's portrayal of a modern woman, she didn't want to reliquish power, what a big hypocrite, twitter should sack her immediately

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by mayweather145: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2018
T
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:
Someone ain't telling the truth sad
My friend u ar intelligent enough to Know from d write up above that d title was misleading.

And nothing from this write is diff from what NOI said

Kindly read it again!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by GavelSlam: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2018
So NOI , Adoke and Chidoka aren't really democrats.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 8:12am On Nov 21, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Mohammed Bello Adoke have a different recollection of events sir grin grin grin

Okojo-Iwela offers the following insight

And this is corroborated by both Segun Adeniyi and Mohammed Bello Adoke

My friend u ar intelligent enough to Know from d write up above that d title was misleading.

Kindly read it again!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by contigiency(m): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2018
And those are the ones that rush to shout at the slightest provocation that democracy has been, tried, killed and battered. Real enemies of the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by otokx(m): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2018
Looks like GEJ has things mixed up as usual.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2018
He lost his re-election bid period.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2018
yarimo:
And people are seeing OKONJO IWEALA and OSITA CHIDOKA as role model, never trust any IPOBIANS

Kindly read it again n stop embarrassing us here abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by guywitzerogal(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:
You did what you are suppose to do. Nothing special.

We should stop celebrating bullshiiiiit in this country.
you are sick.....pls see a doctor or use ds

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by StevenOba: 8:14am On Nov 21, 2018
But okonjo said she begged you

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2018
Afamed:

Jonathan book is full of his usual deceit. Early it was stated that Okonjo advised gave the for Jonathan to concede defeat. Now it's another story coming up again.Hallmark of PDP lies,deceit and Propaganda

Stop embarrassing ur self n everyone here

Kindly read it again!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by nokatakata: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2018
so who is lying? NOI or Jonathan?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by EternalTruths: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Someone should check that book again.
The report by Okonjo Iweala and Jonathan, contradicts each other. Why.?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Martartins(m): 8:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Some comments deserve slap sha. You won't know what it means for a black man to leave his sit after tasting power. Go to Cameroon, Zimbabwe and a host of other countries and see how 80+ years old are still fighting to remain in power. In fact, they have made sure they eliminate any opposition and you say we shouldn't celebrate Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by BrokenTV: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed how he was advised against accepting defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan also declared that the election was marred with some irregularities, including the difficulty he faced before he could vote in his native Otuoke, Bayelsa State home.

The ex-president said he conceded defeat principally because it was his belief that his ambition should not lead to loss of lives and property as it was the case in previous elections.

The revelations are contained in the former President’s book, “My Transition Hours”, which was presented in Abuja yesterday on his 61st birthday.

Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

“I reached out for his telephone and placed a call through the State House operators at about 4:45pm. A peace I had never felt since my political sojourn descended on me. It showed me where I had been in the past sixteen years and where I was then. I smiled at the thought of what I was about to do. I waited calmly for the person at the end of my call to answer.

“My Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, sought my permission to tweet my phone conversation with Buhari. I obliged and he did. The country was no longer waiting for the declaration of the election results. The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water. Thereafter, I addressed the nation.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html
I hope buhari will reciprocate the same gesture when he is voted out in 2019, because with the character of buhari he would even left the country burn to ashes than relieving power of his opponent when defeated comes 2019.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by AngelicBeing: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:

Exactly, it is becoming boring, the ogogoro master should enjoy his loot in Bayelsa, nonsense grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Coldfeets: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:

True words, my brother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by hush15: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2018
IamD18:

Common, stop showing your mediocrity. Not that ita not what its expected of him but the boldness to go through with. when you are a leader with so much power, its very hard to let go. Thats why people like Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomole, Rochas and the likes, even Buhari are fighting and manipulating to hold on to power.

So give respect to whom its due and stop displaying your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Dayoara: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2018
Gej deserve a Nobel peace prize.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Carlyscales: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2018
mezarddinny:
igbos are big fraudsters, that is why we will not trust them with our leadership

ngozi okonjo and osita chidoka didn't want jonathan to leave, so criminal of them

despite iweala's portrayal of a modern woman, she didn't want to reliquish power, what a big hypocrite, twitter should sack her immediately

Tribalism makes the worst of in human specie.

Stop embarrassing ur self here.

Kindly read it again!

In an event of such magnitude no two accounts will be exactly same. Even in d Bible Matthew, mark, luke n John's account of Jesus are not exactly same.
U guys should grow up abeg

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by Badonasty(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed how he was advised against accepting defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan also declared that the election was marred with some irregularities, including the difficulty he faced before he could vote in his native Otuoke, Bayelsa State home.

The ex-president said he conceded defeat principally because it was his belief that his ambition should not lead to loss of lives and property as it was the case in previous elections.

The revelations are contained in the former President’s book, “My Transition Hours”, which was presented in Abuja yesterday on his 61st birthday.

Jonathan said he turned down the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.”

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

“I reached out for his telephone and placed a call through the State House operators at about 4:45pm. A peace I had never felt since my political sojourn descended on me. It showed me where I had been in the past sixteen years and where I was then. I smiled at the thought of what I was about to do. I waited calmly for the person at the end of my call to answer.

“My Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, sought my permission to tweet my phone conversation with Buhari. I obliged and he did. The country was no longer waiting for the declaration of the election results. The nationwide tension automatically dissipated as through a red hot piece of iron had been dipped in a bowl of water. Thereafter, I addressed the nation.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/jonathan-reveals-advised-not-concede-defeat-buhari-2015.html

great man
Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2018
He was sure the game was over. He did concede because he was cheated but had no option because he lost and if not gbagbo’s fate would have been his too....our politicians should stop writing rubbish.

He should tell us about the looting and how he used Obanikoro and Dasuki and finance minister NOI to steal billions of $

God purnish GEJ

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 by bigtt76(f): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Hmmmmm ...who do we believe now? cheesy cheesy cheesy What me know be say baba conceded to gain World recognition ...he was going to lose anyway whether the irregularities were canceled or not. Nigerians were already boiling in anger that year as we all are now grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Man Celebrates APGA Victory With His Fowl (Photo) / Jonathan’s Life After Aso Rock- Daily Trust / DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.