Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan (35117 Views)

Atiku Lied About His Background, Source Of Wealth: Tinubu (Video, Pics) / Wike: Atiku Lied, Sent Lamido, Aliyu, Other Attack Dogs After Me / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bantudra: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
Smile4daddy:
Atiku is truly broke now.

Look at him sucking garri with orange juice.

Steady observing his Laptop to see who's going to fall victim to his Dubious plans.

how do you even eat garri with orange juice....??...must taste nasty.... undecided undecided

like somebody eating rice with ketchup....i was wonderin and tried it....it tasted terrible....ewwww....
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by mfm04622: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Atiku has never said he never grew up with a mother rather he has always said in many for how he was raised by his mother and how he built a house for her ... Atikus dad died very early and he was raised by his mother ..why will he say that when he has a picture of he and his mum in his living room in Abuja ...nonsense zombie propaganda and we all know how it got to front page

Atiku was the one that claimed he is an orphan! So either he lied it he didn't know the meaning of the word orphan! Chose the one you like better !
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by mfm04622: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
SlimBrawnie:
But my dictionary tells me that an orphan is one, whose both or either parent is dead, so how is it a lie... Abi na my dictionary dey lie?

Go and check your dictionary well. A child who lose one parent is not referred to as an orphan!

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by jayson87: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
abc115:
Atiku is a fraud
If you like post all dirty write-ups about Atiku, we will still vote him. A least the money he stole he invested them in Nigeria and started commendable business that employed many persons, unlike idiotic buhari you have been stylishly supporting in your posrt, who looted ptf and ministry of petroleum and has not a single company to show for it ONLY COWS
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bantudra: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
jayson87:
If you like post all dirty write-ups about Atiku, we will still vote him. A least the money he stole he invested them in Nigeria and started commendable business that employed many persons, unlike idiotic buhari you have been stylishly supporting in your posrt, who looted ptf and ministry of petroleum and has not a single company to show for it ONLY COWS

then vote him....who cares...am not voting him....

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Optimumj: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
Shaikh Muhammad b. Saalih al-‘Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) said:
The limit at which one remains an orphan finished at adolescence (adulthood). So when a child reaches adulthood then he is no longer an orphan. And before the age of adolescence, he remains an orphan if his father has passed away. And if it is the case that his mother has passed away whilst his father is alive, then he is not an orphan.
End of quote

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by KanwuliaExtra: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
Anything to shift attention from this JUBRIL of a carcass sha! grin

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Quality20(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
I'm not an Atiku supporter o, but even at that he has nor lied. In Islam a child who loses his dad is referred to as an orphan. It doesn't matter d mother is rich or poor or whether d child Inherited so much

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Xisnin:
Atiku growing up as an orphan is a metaphor.
There are a lot of kids living under a bridge in Lagos who have 1 or 2 living parents but
are practically orphans.

Atiku is not living under Bridge, his parents took care of him till he reach 38.
The orphan comment spoken by atiku himself

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by pedel: 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
You have one of the best mums in the world.

REDshouse:
Like my mum used to say

He that lie too much will eventually be a thief... Same as Atiku

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by gare(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Keep spinning hopelessly.

He has never mentioned hawking firewood at an early age on any interview he has ever granted home or abroad.

Even his own autobiography does not contain that vital info.

Suddenly as the elections draw near he decided to include that false narrative.

I thank God I am not a wailing zombie like you sha

I know you are a very confused being, so wouldn't want to argue with you because the next level will be insulting.me, so I will advise you get your meds as quickly as possible, because I will not respond to your messages again so you better stop mentioning me

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by tunmedies(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
REDshouse:
Like my mum used to say

He that lie too much will eventually be a thief... Same as Atiku
She used 2 tell u dt because u do tell lie. In nutshell, only thief recognises eachoda.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by SarkinYarki: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
gare:

I know you are a very confused being, so wouldn't want to argue with you because the next level will be insulting.me, so I will advise you get your meds as quickly as possible, because I will not respond to your messages again so you better stop mentioning me

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
stansaintly:
Sometimes a child may have both parents yet lives like an orphan. "All mothers are women but not all women are mothers", "all fathers are men but not all men are fathers".

Calling a 35 year old man orphan, baba
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
SarkinYarki:

He misused the word orphan ..so it was some type of typo

cheesy grin

So on live release and broadcast of his Plan to Loot Nigeria he misused the word Orphan despite none of his earlier narratives about his early life anywhere in the world ever containing any story about him being a firewood selling orphan in his early years in Jada.

I guess his brain keeps manufacturing new narratives daily which never existed then. cheesy
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by mfm04622: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
SarkinYarki:

He misused the word orphan ..so it was some type of typo

Good! You have chosen the option you are comfortable with
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Iamgrey5(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Eketem:
Buharists are dull people they don't research so they cannot know that somebody with only one parent is termed a single orphan;

An orphan can be further classified by using definitions such as UNICEF’s  “single orphans,” which is a child with only one parent has died, or “double orphans,” which is a child with both parents having passed away.  In practice, though, we tend to think of children living in orphanages as orphans, although it is possible that both of their parents are alive but not caring for their child.
Going to copy from Wikipedia without acknowledging the source now makes you bright abi ?
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Damsyjay(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
For playing with our intelligence...Atiku deserve this kind of punishment

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Ganduri: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
waste of time. Even if his father abandoned his mother and ended up a motor park tout in Ajegunle, even if both of them are still alive, we will still vote for Atiku.
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bilulu(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

Did Buhari not told us how he borrowed money to buy his nomination form? Did he not lie to us dat he never own a house in Abuja? Ogbeni go try another method jare

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by docadams: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
gare:

Please next old news, Father and mother dead, what do you call such person, or are you the step father ? Did you marry the mother after the father died.

You are posting concessions of the ports, intels where Atiku with minimal interest and Tinubu with a larger interest has just five compared to others, have checked out the owners of the other companies.

This post justifies the saying that PDP and its minions are empty upstairs. Where is it stated that Tinubu shares in Intel's is more than Atiku's. Firstly when did Atiku incorporate Tinubu into Intel's. Your noisy nature. here on NL is matched by your ignorance
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by dahnimoh(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku is busy campaigning and APC is busy looking for loopholes in his campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by nkowaputa(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

Could you check the meaning of orphan?
Loss of a single parent, makes you an orphan.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
ManirBK:
I love President Buhari, he make all Nigerian thieves to gather in one political party.
WE WILL RETIRE THEM IN 2019
what of Tinubu,amaechi,el Rufai,abaa Kyari, Both Apc And Pdp Are Thieves
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Topshow4real: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2018

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by stansaintly(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
FreelanceRebel:

Calling a 35 year old man orphan, baba

It's obvious that you didn't read the message.

When one lacks parental care one is an orphan. I pray you won't delegate the role of parenting to your house help because it's not only when one's parent(s) is/are dead that can make one an orphan

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by xrenzy(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Atiku has never said he never grew up with a mother rather he has always said in many for how he was raised by his mother and how he built a house for her ... Atikus dad died very early and he was raised by his mother ..why will he say that when he has a picture of he and his mum in his living room in Abuja ...nonsense zombie propaganda and we all know how it got to front page
abeg tell them oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Obaseki, Oshiomhole Became Pawns In The Anti-tinubu Fight / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa State. / Governorship Elections: APC 21 APGA 1 PDP 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.