Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,148 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process (19892 Views)

UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International / Malami Releases Statement On Abba Kyari's Extradition Process / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by bizzibodi(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
Awoo88:
Efcc and her ineffective tactics. Extraditing some one who had indicate interest incoming back to face trial. Very stupid magu
She cannot just travel out of Britain,her bail restrict her there unless she want to escape alameighesia.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Awoo88: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
bizzibodi:

She cannot just travel out of Britain,her bail restrict her there unless she want to escape alameighesia.
Efcc was just being lazy. You bet this is nothing but the usual noise. Efcc was tactically waisting for the conclusion of her case there. This is nothing but the usual anti corruption propaganda.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by KanwuliaExtra: 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
Dem nor go extradict ADEOSUN too? shocked
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by surgical: 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
Omeokachie:
Biased anti-corruption agency head.

Was it not this same Maga Mugu that refused to investigate Gandollar, and Oshi-omoh-OLE?

Diezani had volunteered to return to Nigeria to clear her name, but maga Mugu rejected her return.
Now he files for extradition like he was fighting corruption just to score political point for his lifeless boss, whose lapel he was caught wearing on national TV.
I wanted to say this same thing you have said this is a very clear indication that these people are just playing on people's intelligence with this their fake anticoruption fight,it's all to score political point, they remember diziane now because of election, this woman volunteered to come and defend herself you refuse and cited ibori case that it is better she is tried there.To the supporters of this government shame on you,if you are not a political office holder or their family members who are direct beneficiary shame on you

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
Arokhetah:
they will use your yash to do all those things you just mentioned?
Na ur papa nyash them go uses learn to mind ur bizzz
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by reuben79: 12:31am On Nov 24, 2018
man decieving man...next level indeed.yeyee

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by explorerwebs: 1:52am On Nov 24, 2018
MY FEEDBACK TO #LETSGETNIGERIAWORKINGAGAIN.

Greetings to you HE Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar, It is with admiration that I painstakingly read y(our) plans to #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain. Permit me to commend the great job done sir.

Sir, just as you rightly said that “Access is not the only challenge facing the education sector: there are critical challenges with regards to quality, relevance and equity.” I will like to share my main points with you on the level of deterioration that our tertiary education curriculum is into now.

I got admitted into the University with my dream high and lofty as I was lucky to be offered Computer Science. With so much enthusiasm, I was looking forward to getting my hands filled with IT skills that were in demand all over the world through my course modules. I never knew that I would be stuck with only theories and notes through out of my claimed “Computer Science Degree”.

In the twenty first century, it was PASCAL and some other “dead” programming languages that were taught in class with a blue moon practical class. It was frustrating, painful and absurd; it’s as if we were in step one while other developing and developed countries were in step 200.

Education was to equip us with the right, current and practical knowledge not with out-dated knowledge. We paid for this education, via the sweat and sleepless night of our underpaid or unpaid parents, yet we were denied the right knowledge and skills that would position us as top talent in the IT world and other fields of study.

Many of us sold bread, sachet water on the streets just as you did sell firewood just to pay for our education, which we believed would make us better. It is unfair if we are still unemployable after graduation due to lack of hot skills in demand in the business world as we were never equipped with in school.

We were told to produce a project as requirement for graduation with emphasis on its contribution to the Academic body. We thought by working on projects like: Development of a record keeping system or Design and Implementation of student voting system will pave way for us in the corporate world, we never knew what we did and many are still doing is obsolete and has no significance to the corporate world.

Sir, without mincing words, there is a great gap between the acceptable in the education space and the “in demand” solutions of the corporate world.

After years upon years to attain a degree certificate in Nigeria – following the 6-6-4 education system. We never knew that to succeed again we have to start another school in the corporate world called “Internship” – where many employers don’t mind paying graduates N20, 000 per month. They say – you know you don’t have any skills, we will train you.

Without doubt, many young Nigerians dream has been thwarted by the result of poor academic curriculum, which in turn has rendered them unemployable. Most grow up with beautiful career dreams but it is painful to see that upon graduation many have become the opposite of what their dreams. Imagine dreaming to become a Pilot then becoming a Social Media Influencer or Natural hair seller or buy your MTN 1GB for N500 just to make ends meet.

It is very painful and if our education system were to stay the train, I’m afraid we will never be the giant; as the rightful empowerment of students with modern knowledge in their field of study will pave way for innovations that will make Nigeria work.

My resolutions:
• Let there be a total revamp of our education curriculum all over tertiary institutions, to make it match that of developed countries with readily available infrastructure for practical classes and well knowledgeable lecturers to teach and also who knows what they are teaching.

• In support of the above mentioned, let industry stakeholders (those who have deep knowledge on the present and future skills that will be in demand - the future jobs) be involved in the new curriculum development.

• Let students be mandated to start developing industry specific or business world solutions rather than ordinary academic fulfilment projects.

• Let industry stakeholders and Federal Parastatals be invited for final year project defence to pick brilliant solutions for mentoring and funding for growth and launch.

• Let all faculties/departments in the tertiary institution have a taste of Industrial Training/SIWES experience – not just science students alone. This will help to give every students a feel of working experience upon graduation and alleviate the no work experience, no job frustration.

• Let NITDA and all related bodies be evaluated using KPIs of impacts they are making among Nigerians, channel of communication to people and how effective, how many people gets to know about their initiatives (a case study of OIIE - Office of ICT Innovation & Entrepreneurship) etc.

• Let universities give people the courses they ask for, in as much they meet the requirements. This will put passion to proper use as most Nigerians are frustrated via the medium of reading courses they have no passion for, doing jobs they never dreamt of hence the lackadaisical attitude to work and innovation.

Let us save the future of Nigeria. Let us make our education system right, so frustrated graduates will not turn to the alternative of “Japaa” - the most trending decision among Nigerians now to run away to other countries to seek greener pasture. In so doing, we are losing our best brains with potentials to other nations.

This is just a clue of pains in the mind of Nigerian youths.

Let us get Nigeria working sir. Sincerely, I cannot wait.

Oluwajuwon Obaniyi.
A Concerned Nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Rhea(f): 4:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Naijaalive:

The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has met with National Crime Agency in the United Kingdom to kick-start the process of extraditing a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The EFCC said in a statement that Magu met with the UK official on Thursday to also discuss the efforts of the commission in the recovery of all ill-gotten assets domiciled in foreign jurisdiction by Nigeria’s Politically Exposed Persons.

“Outside the recovery of assets, the EFCC boss in the course of the high power meeting with officials of the NCA will also present the commission’s position on ways to fast-track the extradition of all PEPs who have found safe havens in foreign jurisdiction,” the statement read in part.

Magu had explained why the anti-graft agency is bent on extraditing all PEPs.

“For instance, speaking on the former minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Deziani Alison-Madueke, whose process of extradition from the UK has commenced, Magu explained that having waited for three years, the Nigerian government believes that it is time to initiate the extradition process,” the statement added.

The EFCC said apart from Diezani, there were several other politically exposed persons who have fled the country 2015 when the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari came on board in May 2015.

It would be recalled that in 2017, a Federal High Court in Lagos ordered the final forfeiture of N7.6 billion alleged loot recovered by the Commission from the Diezani. The order of final forfeiture to the Federal Government.

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/magu-meets-uk-authorities-begins-diezanis-extradition-process.html

Magu the mago mago Mugu
Even the mama recognize when she give am name
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by chuckjonesbaba(m): 4:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Why only her? What about thousand of others stealing Nigeria blind in the government. Are there sacred goats?
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by chuckjonesbaba(m): 4:20am On Nov 24, 2018
explorerwebs:
MY FEEDBACK TO #LETSGETNIGERIAWORKINGAGAIN.

Greetings to you HE Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar, It is with admiration that I painstakingly read y(our) plans to #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain. Permit me to commend the great job done sir.

Sir, just as you rightly said that “Access is not the only challenge facing the education sector: there are critical challenges with regards to quality, relevance and equity.” I will like to share my main points with you on the level of deterioration that our tertiary education curriculum is into now.

I got admitted into the University with my dream high and lofty as I was lucky to be offered Computer Science. With so much enthusiasm, I was looking forward to getting my hands filled with IT skills that were in demand all over the world through my course modules. I never knew that I would be stuck with only theories and notes through out of my claimed “Computer Science Degree”.

In the twenty first century, it was PASCAL and some other “dead” programming languages that were taught in class with a blue moon practical class. It was frustrating, painful and absurd; it’s as if we were in step one while other developing and developed countries were in step 200.

Education was to equip us with the right, current and practical knowledge not with out-dated knowledge. We paid for this education, via the sweat and sleepless night of our underpaid or unpaid parents, yet we were denied the right knowledge and skills that would position us as top talent in the IT world and other fields of study.

Many of us sold bread, sachet water on the streets just as you did sell firewood just to pay for our education, which we believed would make us better. It is unfair if we are still unemployable after graduation due to lack of hot skills in demand in the business world as we were never equipped with in school.

We were told to produce a project as requirement for graduation with emphasis on its contribution to the Academic body. We thought by working on projects like: Development of a record keeping system or Design and Implementation of student voting system will pave way for us in the corporate world, we never knew what we did and many are still doing is obsolete and has no significance to the corporate world.

Sir, without mincing words, there is a great gap between the acceptable in the education space and the “in demand” solutions of the corporate world.

After years upon years to attain a degree certificate in Nigeria – following the 6-6-4 education system. We never knew that to succeed again we have to start another school in the corporate world called “Internship” – where many employers don’t mind paying graduates N20, 000 per month. They say – you know you don’t have any skills, we will train you.

Without doubt, many young Nigerians dream has been thwarted by the result of poor academic curriculum, which in turn has rendered them unemployable. Most grow up with beautiful career dreams but it is painful to see that upon graduation many have become the opposite of what their dreams. Imagine dreaming to become a Pilot then becoming a Social Media Influencer or Natural hair seller or buy your MTN 1GB for N500 just to make ends meet.

It is very painful and if our education system were to stay the train, I’m afraid we will never be the giant; as the rightful empowerment of students with modern knowledge in their field of study will pave way for innovations that will make Nigeria work.

My resolutions:
• Let there be a total revamp of our education curriculum all over tertiary institutions, to make it match that of developed countries with readily available infrastructure for practical classes and well knowledgeable lecturers to teach and also who knows what they are teaching.

• In support of the above mentioned, let industry stakeholders (those who have deep knowledge on the present and future skills that will be in demand - the future jobs) be involved in the new curriculum development.

• Let students be mandated to start developing industry specific or business world solutions rather than ordinary academic fulfilment projects.

• Let industry stakeholders and Federal Parastatals be invited for final year project defence to pick brilliant solutions for mentoring and funding for growth and launch.

• Let all faculties/departments in the tertiary institution have a taste of Industrial Training/SIWES experience – not just science students alone. This will help to give every students a feel of working experience upon graduation and alleviate the no work experience, no job frustration.

• Let NITDA and all related bodies be evaluated using KPIs of impacts they are making among Nigerians, channel of communication to people and how effective, how many people gets to know about their initiatives (a case study of OIIE - Office of ICT Innovation & Entrepreneurship) etc.

• Let universities give people the courses they ask for, in as much they meet the requirements. This will put passion to proper use as most Nigerians are frustrated via the medium of reading courses they have no passion for, doing jobs they never dreamt of hence the lackadaisical attitude to work and innovation.

Let us save the future of Nigeria. Let us make our education system right, so frustrated graduates will not turn to the alternative of “Japaa” - the most trending decision among Nigerians now to run away to other countries to seek greener pasture. In so doing, we are losing our best brains with potentials to other nations.

This is just a clue of pains in the mind of Nigerian youths.

Let us get Nigeria working sir. Sincerely, I cannot wait.

Oluwajuwon Obaniyi.
A Concerned Nigerian youth.

Thank you for your post. I am deeply grateful for your glaring and inspiring write up.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 24, 2018
Naijaalive:

The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has met with National Crime Agency in the United Kingdom to kick-start the process of extraditing a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The EFCC said in a statement that Magu met with the UK official on Thursday to also discuss the efforts of the commission in the recovery of all ill-gotten assets domiciled in foreign jurisdiction by Nigeria’s Politically Exposed Persons.

“Outside the recovery of assets, the EFCC boss in the course of the high power meeting with officials of the NCA will also present the commission’s position on ways to fast-track the extradition of all PEPs who have found safe havens in foreign jurisdiction,” the statement read in part.

“For instance, speaking on the former minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Deziani Alison-Madueke, whose process of extradition from the UK has commenced, Magu explained that having waited for three years, the Nigerian government believes that it is time to initiate the extradition process,” the statement added.

The EFCC said apart from Diezani, there were several other politically exposed persons who have fled the country 2015 when the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari came on board in May 2015.

It would be recalled that in 2017, a Federal High Court in Lagos ordered the final forfeiture of N7.6 billion alleged loot recovered by the Commission from the Diezani. The order of final forfeiture to the Federal Government.

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/magu-meets-uk-authorities-begins-diezanis-extradition-process.html

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by ORACULUM(m): 5:43am On Nov 24, 2018
U never carry anyone for Naija go court Na person wey dey UK you de go find ...Slow poke
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by maasoap(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

So unnecessary.

And this one is among the people clamouring for a better Nigeria! Shame!
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Naijaalive:

Mrs Alison left Nigeria almost 4 years ago, why now?
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by grandstar(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
Biased anti-corruption agency head.

Was it not this same Maga Mugu that refused to investigate Gandollar, and Oshi-omoh-OLE?

Diezani had volunteered to return to Nigeria to clear her name, but maga Mugu rejected her return.
Now he files for extradition like he was fighting corruption just to score political point for his lifeless boss, whose lapel he was caught wearing on national TV.

She maybe able to delay her extradition citing disobedience of court orders! I would gladly do the same if in the same boat!
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by gogodaye(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
Naijaalive:

So is it now The EFCC's duty to request the extradition of suspects?
Hahahahahahaha........
They should tell us some other story as the rational for the visit
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Kassidy4luv(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Untill they investigate Ganduje........

EFCC is just a scam.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by deji68: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2019
How far ?? cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Would Soon Be Stoned - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President / Sowore: DSS Lied, I Personally Served Them Court Order – Falana / Suntai, Deputy Claim Taraba Governorship Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.