Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process (19873 Views)

UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International / Malami Releases Statement On Abba Kyari's Extradition Process / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Naijaalive(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2018

The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has met with National Crime Agency in the United Kingdom to kick-start the process of extraditing a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The EFCC said in a statement that Magu met with the UK official on Thursday to also discuss the efforts of the commission in the recovery of all ill-gotten assets domiciled in foreign jurisdiction by Nigeria’s Politically Exposed Persons.

“Outside the recovery of assets, the EFCC boss in the course of the high power meeting with officials of the NCA will also present the commission’s position on ways to fast-track the extradition of all PEPs who have found safe havens in foreign jurisdiction,” the statement read in part.

Magu had explained why the anti-graft agency is bent on extraditing all PEPs.

“For instance, speaking on the former minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Deziani Alison-Madueke, whose process of extradition from the UK has commenced, Magu explained that having waited for three years, the Nigerian government believes that it is time to initiate the extradition process,” the statement added.

The EFCC said apart from Diezani, there were several other politically exposed persons who have fled the country 2015 when the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari came on board in May 2015.

It would be recalled that in 2017, a Federal High Court in Lagos ordered the final forfeiture of N7.6 billion alleged loot recovered by the Commission from the Diezani. The order of final forfeiture to the Federal Government.

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/magu-meets-uk-authorities-begins-diezanis-extradition-process.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by jlinkd78(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
F
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Sagamaje(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
grin
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by SolutionMee: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
cheesy

So unnecessary.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Abdulwasiu1991(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
That is good

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by richidinho(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
If you like extradite Abacha from the spirit world

Your time is up

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by planetx13: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Very good ..... no hiding place for looters of our destiny

Anyone who has a case to answer should go and answer his case... period

Ciao

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Fesomu(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
This woman is a product of PDP intellect. Yahoo yahoo party

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Sunofgod(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Waste of time......

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by IrokoOluwere: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

So unnecessary.
Defender of theif

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by LOWPEAK: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
Never in my life will my vote go for the lifeless one...

After all my academic achievements.... Mbanu....!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Magalan: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
For the 15th time....

We are no longer bothered with media propaganda.... Ganduje is just a few kilometres away.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Omeokachie: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
Biased anti-corruption agency head.

Was it not this same Maga Mugu that refused to investigate Gandollar, and Oshi-omoh-OLE?

Diezani had volunteered to return to Nigeria to clear her name, but maga Mugu rejected her return.
Now he files for extradition like he was fighting corruption just to score political point for his lifeless boss, whose lapel he was caught wearing on national TV.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by bettercreature(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
richidinho:
If you like extradite Abacha from the spirit world

Your time is up
Are you a thief?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Aldebaran(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
Diezani the thief grin...

She can hide a fortune inside those Eye shocked balls grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Mankosi: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
O boy ghen ghen
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Macgreat(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
kiss
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by dechriscool(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
EFCC Should do the needful and stop this media trial of Diezani.
Extradite her if you can and stop disturbing the media space with her extradition.

Gandolllar doesn't need extradition,start with him

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
Diezani the thief

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Scatterscatter(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
LOWPEAK:
Never in my life will my vote go for the lifeless one...

After all my academic achievements.... Mbanu....!!!!

Despite your academic achievements, you can't even win the chairman of your house or compound!

Shame!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by maxiuc(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
Buhari is never fighting corruption he's only after opposition

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Scatterscatter(m): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
I thought she claimed to have cancer.

May God punish her and all the people that couldn't checkmate her when she was on her embezzling spree.

GEJ was truly an ineffectual baboon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Brizzy404: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Una neva fit fight d ones wey dey house with una... Na uk una d go

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
just join APC for the mean time and see the magic that will happen

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by Newpride(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
Jonathan is a monumental disgrace to Nigeria and Africa at large.

He supervised and watched this woman looting of our common wealth to stupor. Yet he has the effrontery to launch a book that never contain a single achievement during his administration. shocked

The day Madueke is extradited to Nigeria, Jonathan will cover his eyes with shame. cool

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by papiwyte(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
Tank u Buhari for saving Nigeria Treasury from looter.... PDP

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by delzbaba(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bobmichael:
Please I'm in need..I've not been able to meet ends meet...I've been unable to eat since morning and its unbearable...I did some jobs and I haven't been paid, I'm not jobless but I get to do some menial jobs but they have refused to pay me...I've exhausted almost all means to borrow...God bless....6553685405 OLUWASEGUN.....fidelity
me

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process by OneHead: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
So nobody noticed EFFC not EFCC

lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Freed, Orubebe Convicted — CCT Cases Of Five Prominent Nigerians / 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.