Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday (9303 Views)

I Was Scammed At Tecno Carl Care.(RESOLVED NOW) / How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by alldone(m): 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
i wonder why ppl can go with gentleman agreement. sorry bro. some people are scammers naturally.
too bad. pls let money be deposited to ur account before you send the goods atleast to a good percentage.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
Sorry to hear about this.
So sad to know that our people can still do all these kinda stuff . . . . .

Good luck with your exams . . . . remain blessed.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by matiltomd(f): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
Sorry bro! But I'll have to blame you honestly, How could you have sent a package to someone without payment? Does it sound right to you? People you know very well can scam you;let alone someone you met online and that you've never met/seen, Are you a kid? I honestly feel like whipping you right now, tongue
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by zenus(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-219993.0.html#msg3349500

Same guy some years back and he's coming again
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Fhemmmy: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
matiltom_d:

Sorry bro! But I'll have to blame you honestly, How could you have sent a package to someone without payment? Does it sound right to you? People you know very well can scam you;let alone someone you met online and that you've never met/seen, Are you a kid? I honestly feel like whipping you right now, tongue

If you read him well, he said, he trusted the dude . . .
There is nothing wrong in trusting people when you doing business, without trust, it will be hard to transact business, but i do understand where you are coming from as well.
And We wonder how come Nigeria is still way behind the bunch?
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by joanana(f): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
I m so sorry dear. That idiot forgot abt the law of karma. What goes around comes around!!!!!!! My God lives, He shall never go unpunished!!!!!!!! Hes punishnment will come in a thousand fold. My guy i feel for u ooooooo! Dont worry trust in Lord, he will replenish ur loss in a million fold!
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by jensinmi(m): 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Gloaded

You have my deepest condolences my brother.

I would like to commend you on the job you have done so far with working on your business. From startup to current level.
I also want you to know that in business, just like life, there will always be ups and downs, highs and lows. Don't ever let that cause you to turn back.
Even me as sharp Naija man that arrived in the U.S.A 2 months ago, I got defrauded 3 weeks ago by 2 oyinbo men of the sum of $400 in what was supposed to be a business opportunity for me. But like I said. This happens.

T[b]HERE IS ONE AND ONLY ONE THING THAT IS IMPORTANT LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKE.

LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

ONLY BY SO DOING CAN YOU AVOID SUCH IN THE FUTURE. DON'T LET SUCH A THING REPEAT ITSELF.

You know what they say - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.[/b]

Now that I've said that. It's Donation time for all involved. We all gotta help each other out in times of need.

If you don't mind dropping a name or something like that. I can send small western union to help you get back on track with business sha.

It won't be much o. Maybe just between $50 or $100. If you are lucky enough to find one or two other people on nairaland to throw in something extra, it might just be enough to kick-start business.

I would have PMed you but well,  we all know. I could also tell you to mail me but I know some sharp people here i.e gloaded fit mail me their name and info sharp sharp and claim Initialize as family name.  grin grin grin grin grin

I've learnt my lesson.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
a mugu thats what you are
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by UNLEASHED(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
Sorry for your loss
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by NaijaNaWaa: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
You said that this happened on Wednesday? I assume that's a week ago, right? Have you:
1. Tried calling him/is he in touch with you?
2. Have you tried tracing him with the address? If the parcel is delivered/received and acknowledged, have you tried to see if you can trace him with the addres/signature, etc?

Ask any successful man, the road to success is ladden with sorrows, tears, blood, betrayals (not just by people on nairaland but betrayal by ur own brothers, sisters, parents, spouse, friends, etc). Therefore this should not discourage you. It should encourage you and serve as a vital milestone in practical experience. The road to the top is rough and tough my brother.

Be strong and keep climbing.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by dustydee: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
hard luck
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by softgirl1: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
if this post is true u made a very big mistake by not giving him ur accout number to credit first before sending it to him but tank God it is just 57k try as much as posible to collect ur money first before sending ur goods it will help a great deal and for that thief don't wory soonest he will meet his waterlow,
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by baslone: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
No need trading blames.

It's part of hustles of Life! All y'all forming
superman! Nobody is immured to scams. It comes
in different forms.

Just pray it does'nt come your way!

Take heart broda and move on!

Na another one no go happen again!
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by 5p1naz(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
we learn daily. . . . sori about it tho. . .
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by oshyno(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Sorry mate. I have done online transaction b4 and It worked. Hear how it happened;

I placed an advert for a PTDF pin.a fellow called me and said he's interested.
Both of us being wise and mindful of scams, I told him for me to send the pin number I must have my cashew first.What he did was to call somebody that gave me the money cash and insisted  I must wait for awhile while he confirms the  pin.He confirmed it and the deal was sealed.
so guy once bitten twice shy.no fall mugu again ehh.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by jensinmi(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
Seems my initial post magically disappeared so, I'll split it into 2 parts. 1st part.

@ Initialize

You have my deepest condolences my brother.

I would like to commend you on the job you have done so far with working on your business. From startup to current level.
I also want you to know that in business, just like life, there will always be ups and downs, highs and lows. Don't ever let that cause you to turn back.
Even me as sharp Naija man that arrived in the U.S.A 2 months ago, I got defrauded 3 weeks ago by 2 oyinbo men of the sum of $400 in what was supposed to be a business opportunity for me. But like I said. This happens.

THERE IS ONE AND ONLY ONE THING THAT IS IMPORTANT. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKE.

LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

ONLY BY SO DOING CAN YOU AVOID SUCH IN THE FUTURE. DON'T LET SUCH A THING REPEAT ITSELF.

You know what they say - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by jensinmi(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
Part 2

Now that I've said that. It's Donation time for all involved. We all gotta help each other out in times of need.

If you don't mind dropping info or something like that. I can donate small cash to help you get back on track with business sha.

It won't be much o. Maybe just between $50 or $100. If you are lucky enough to find one or two other people on nairaland to throw in something extra, it might just be enough to kick-start business.

Hate to see another marketer quit just because of nonsense like this.

I would have PMed you but well, we all know. I could also tell you to mail me but I know some sharp people here i.e gloaded fit mail me their name and info sharp sharp and claim Initialize as family name. grin grin grin grin grin

I've learnt my lesson.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Chongaiman: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
The first person to report a case always seems right.
Wish Gloaded would comment on this matter in order to prevent
NLers from making presumptions and jumping to conclusions.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
Chongaiman:

The first person to report a case always seems right.
Wish Gloaded would comment on this matter in order to prevent
NLers from making presumptions and jumping to conclusions.

ummmmmmmmmm
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by tobaina: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
pele jare
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
thanks for all your replies.

I know i was wrong to have sent the package without cash in my hands but i didn't just start trading today and there are people who do pay the money despite recieving the package first. I also want you to know that this GLOADED guy has been on NL for more than 2years and he's one of the people that are on my YM! list and we chat frequently, he even calls me weekly and spend minimum of 5 minutes on phone, someone that i will say has been my e-pal for over a year, why should i have reason to doubt him. take me and HAYPROF as example, if i tell him to send something to me, that i will pay once i verify that he sent it, will he not send it to me? it's just a case of a Judas among the 12 disciples. I regret my action for trying to trust someone, even Tuface said in his song that "although it has hard to trust you still have to trust someone". Life is a teacher, just let keep learning our lessons and move on with it.

Thanks once again.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by massach79: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
I feel your pain
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Ranoscky(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^ O ka mi lara O!
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
@  Chongaiman

I thought someone pasted a link about this same guy scamming someone in 2009. follow the link here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-219993.0.html#msg3349500

You said that this happened on Wednesday? I assume that's a week ago, right? Have you:
1. Tried calling him/is he in touch with you? before Wednesday, he calls me frequently (about 4 times a day) and spent minimum of 5-10mins each time, after Wednesday, not even a missed call. I have called him severally and he didn't pick the calls, he picked yesterday after i sent him a text (text on how God helps the tailless Cow ) but didn't utter a word.

2. Have you tried tracing him with the address? If the parcel is delivered/received and acknowledged, have you tried to see if you can trace him with the addres/signature, etc? I haven't been to the courier service since it happened cos i don't even know how the courier operates, he directed me to the Agofure park, the one on mile 2 and the one at Jibowu area in Lagos. the two laptops were sent on different days. if you can help with the tracing, i can give you the load down of how everything unfold.

Thanks
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by sirp2007: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
naijanawaa said it all.The guy taught he has scammed u but take it as if u have learnt a new skill in doing business.never place absolute trust on anyone.
btw have u gone to agofure to confirmed if the dude received the lappy?if he has,then send me the location in warri where he received(ie deco or pti),the receiver name,weigh bill number etc.lets see what we can do

take heart bro.its only a set back,time will come u will think of this and jus smile because of hw God would have blessed u.we have all passed thru this road before even somebody u have been dealing with can change and zoom off overnight with ur cash or goods,
those of u making mouth jus pray d day they hit u,u will be strong enough to still stand on ur feet, nobody is immune to scam anywhere in d world
some are jus to ashamed to say it out
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
If you sabi him name carry am enter Ijebu, With N500.

He would hear the report.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Adrianne(f): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
Instead of you to get the admin of the website to nab the guy, you are here taking sorry.

F UCKI NG F OOL.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Redman44(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Adrianne,

Hey, stop the cursing shocked shocked If you want to advise the guy, advise him without mocking him. Nairaland is not a place for obscenities and curses. Thanks.

@Initialize,

Accept my sympathy. Seun needs to do something about scammers on Nairaland. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by muelzik(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Gloaded ke, that crook I had know to be what he is before today, He don use warri brain for you, but you fall my hand as you allow an ordinary foolish Nigerian like him to cook you rough like this, Ol'boy, I'm really sorry for this though but I still think this is to serve as a warning to other online business men.

Beside, do you guys still rely on online business of this kind where you exchange goods and services without meeting up first, ha, eliyi kudie ka to, !!! Take heart sha
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by hilli666(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
Redman44:

@Adrianne,

Hey, stop the cursing shocked shocked If you want to advise the guy, advise him without mocking him. Nairaland is not a place for obscenities and curses. Thanks.

@Initialize,

Accept my sympathy. Seun needs to do something about scammers on Nairaland. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

Is it the same nairaland we are talking about?? Or is there a different one that i have missed?
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
This was how it started but i am hopeful it will come to a good conclusion

he sent a lady to me when he took the asus, i met with the lady at agofure park in mile 2, she gave me 10k and sent the

asus to him there, i sold the asus to him for 25k and he said he'll balance the payment once he receives the package

the lady's name is Gloria, he texted me her name and the number i could reach her on, i met with the girl at the park and

she said she is his girlfriend that he told me of that is school
ing at igbinedion university, the girl also wanted to buy the Blackberry i had at that time.

after the asus got to Warri, he started complaining about one thing and another, that he doesn't want to buy the asus anymore, that he has to return it to me but i'll have to pay for the return charges. i disagreed. he called me the next day that someone in the office likes the asus and was going to buy it at that price and there was no need for the return anymore as he'll send the 15k balance to me once he recieves the money , i agreed with him and i was expecting the payment to the account i gave him, he then called me later that day that the person doesn't seem serious, that he will send the asus netbook back to lagos but he knows i wont be able to still have the 10k he gave me as part payment for the asus that i should therefore help him get another notebook that i can send to him and he'll add the remaining balance to the 10k once the new notebook arrives then i decided to send the compaq mini to him, which we agreed that he was going to buy it for 40k and we'll share the courier charges for sending it to him, I'll pay 1k while he'll pay 2k (Agofure Parcel Services charges 3k to send computers to PTI, Warri park), that's make it 42k for the compaq mini. I went to the Jibowu park of agofure motors to go and send the compaq to him, he texted me the name and park where d compaq should be sent, he then asked me which name i want him to put on the Asus that he was returning to me and i told him that he should use my NL username. after i have sent the compaq, he called me that the guy in his office said he has d money now and that their wont be need for him returning the asus back to me, that since he has collected the money from his colleague that was buying the Asus, he'll send 35k to the account the next day before the laptop arrives at agofure PTI park located in Warri, He said I should text him the waybill number that I was given for the package and i sent the waybill no to him because i thought he was someone I could trust. when he will pay the remaining 22k the next day when he has confirmed that the notebook is working perfect with no fault whatsoever to the GTB account i sent to him but i haven't heard from him since the notebook arrived at the pack, he has refused to pick my calls someone that calls me about 4times daily and spend up to 10mins on each calls

Trust here didn't become an issue to me because i have met so many good people here on nairaland that we've since become good friends despite just meeting online and i see no reason why i should doubt them if they tell me something, but this has become a lesson to me.

I didn't tell anyone since Wednesday that it happened because I didn't believe that he can scam me, I thought something was wrong with him or sought, I waited till Monday and he still didn't put a call through to me, when I sent him a text, telling him about what God can do, if i beg him to interfere into this matter, he switched off his phone. On tuesday (yesterday), I decided to call him again and he started picking my calls and wasting my credits and he wouldn't say anything each time he picks it. that was when i now realise that he actually knows what he is doing and he's surely a scammer for not to have said anything to me since Wednesday despite having my two notebooks which is valued as 57k(The price he agreed to pay for the two), then i decided to create this thread for everyone to be informed and aware,

I still have the waybill receipt i was given at Jibowu when i went to send the compaq mini to the PTI Warri pack, I have the name he gave me to write on it.

Thanks everyone for your sincere comments, those that said i'm stupid for being scammed at this age, I did the same when SMARTKING scammed TOLUXA1 here on NL. just pray that God keeps your enemy far away from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Fix Laptop Screens At Very Good Price in Lagos. / Black Friday Clearance Sales, everything must Go!!! / My Gotv Decoder Is Refusing To Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.