Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday (9305 Views)

I Was Scammed At Tecno Carl Care.(RESOLVED NOW) / How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Dream1: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
I think its about time one of these banks set up a payment system similar to paypal that will serve as an intermediary. Where payment may be made for goods and payment held until item is received . if there seem to be a problem and no feedback has been given , the money will be held until the issue has been resolved. There are so many security measures in place especially with new sellers and new buyers. Wonder why Nigerians are so untrustworthy.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by cmon(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
I think its about time one of these banks set up a payment system similar to paypal that will serve as an intermediary. Where payment may be made for goods and payment held until item is received . if there seem to be a problem and no feedback has been given , the money will be held until the issue has been resolved. There are so many security measures in place especially with new sellers and new buyers. Wonder why Nigerians are so untrustworthy.

Great Idea. All we need now is someone to develop the app. I'll look into it cool
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Orikinla(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
Expose all scammers and show their photographs if you have them.
When you expose them with their photographs, they cannot scam others and other scammers will think twice before doing so.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by jmoore(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
@poster, you are to be blamed. Why send a laptop to someone you never met? The buyer pays first before the seller delivers the goods. Here is how it is done. The transaction should be via bank since it involves large cash. Let's say Mr a is selling a phone to Mr b, Mr b should first of all pay into the bank account of Mr a after which Mr a delivers the product to Mr b. If Mr a fails to deliver the goods, Mr b should report to the police with the account details of Mr a which the police can use to track that criminal.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by topsy1971: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
this is a lesson to all nairalanders that deal  with selling of items. Dont send your article without full payment(even to me). Period!
If you can send any item to somebody you've never met or know and without a guarantor, it means you dont value the item.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by SleekMc: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
guy u know the account no. and the bank the guy can be caught. just dat it will cost more money and involve people from the bank and security personell
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
This was how it all started:

He sent a lady to me when he took the asus, i met with the lady at agofure park in mile 2, she gave me 10k and sent the

asus to him there, i sold the asus to him for 25k and he said he'll balance the payment once he receives the package

the lady's name is Gloria, he texted me her name and the number i could reach her on, i met with the girl at the park and

she said she is his girlfriend that he told me of that is school
ing at igbinedion university, the girl also wanted to buy the Blackberry i had at that time.

after the asus got to Warri, he started complaining about one thing and another, that he doesn't want to buy the asus anymore, that he has to return it to me but i'll have to pay for the return charges. i disagreed. he called me the next day that someone in the office likes the asus and was going to buy it at that price and there was no need for the return anymore as he'll send the 15k balance to me once he recieves the money , i agreed with him and i was expecting the payment to the account i gave him, he then called me later that day that the person doesn't seem serious, that he will send the asus netbook back to lagos but he knows i wont be able to still have the 10k he gave me as part payment for the asus that i should therefore help him get another notebook that i can send to him and he'll add the remaining balance to the 10k once the new notebook arrives then i decided to send the compaq mini to him, which we agreed that he was going to buy it for 40k and we'll share the courier charges for sending it to him

I'll pay 1k while he'll pay 2k (Agofure Parcel Services charges 3k to send computers to PTI, Warri park), that's make it 42k for the compaq mini. I went to the Jibowu park of agofure motors to go and send the compaq to him, he texted me the name and park where d compaq should be sent, he then asked me which name i want him to put on the Asus that he was returning to me and i told him that he should use my NL username. after i have sent the compaq, he called me that the guy in his office said he has d money now and that their wont be need for him returning the asus back to me, that since he has collected the money from his colleague that was buying the Asus, he'll send 35k to the account the next day before the laptop arrives at agofure PTI park located in Warri

He said I should text him the waybill number that I was given for the package and i sent the waybill no to him because i thought he was someone I could trust. when he will pay the remaining 22k the next day when he has confirmed that the notebook is working perfect with no fault whatsoever to the GTB account i sent to him but i haven't heard from him since the notebook arrived at the pack, he has refused to pick my calls someone that calls me about 4times daily and spend up to 10mins on each calls.

Trust here didn't become an issue to me because i have met so many good people here on nairaland that we've since become good friends despite just meeting online and i see no reason why i should doubt them if they tell me something, but this has become a lesson to me.

I didn't tell anyone since Wednesday that it happened because I didn't believe that he can scam me, I thought something was wrong with him or sought, I waited till Monday and he still didn't put a call through to me, when I sent him a text, telling him about what God can do, if i beg him to interfere into this matter, he switched off his phone. On tuesday (yesterday), I decided to call him again and he started picking my calls and wasting my credits and he wouldn't say anything each time he picks it. that was when i now realise that he actually knows what he is doing and he's surely a scammer for not to have said anything to me since Wednesday despite having my two notebooks which is valued as 57k(The price he agreed to pay for the two), then i decided to create this thread for everyone to be informed and aware,

I still have the waybill receipt i was given at Jibowu when i went to send the compaq mini to the PTI Warri pack, I have the name he gave me to write on it.

Thanks everyone for your sincere comments, those that said i'm stupid for being scammed at this age, I did the same when SMARTKING scammed TOLUXA1 here on NL. just pray that God keeps your enemy far away from you.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
This is what happened

he sent a lady to me when he took the asus, i met with the lady at agofure park in mile 2, she gave me 10k and sent the

asus to him there, i sold the asus to him for 25k and he said he'll balance the payment once he receives the package

the lady's name is Gloria, he texted me her name and the number i could reach her on, i met with the girl at the park and

she said she is his girlfriend that he told me of that is school
ing at igbinedion university, the girl also wanted to buy the Blackberry i had at that time.

after the asus got to Warri, he started complaining about one thing and another, that he doesn't want to buy the asus anymore, that he has to return it to me but i'll have to pay for the return charges. i disagreed. he called me the next day that someone in the office likes the asus and was going to buy it at that price and there was no need for the return anymore as he'll send the 15k balance to me once he recieves the money , i agreed with him and i was expecting the payment to the account i gave him, he then called me later that day that the person doesn't seem serious, that he will send the asus netbook back to lagos but he knows i wont be able to still have the 10k he gave me as part payment for the asus that i should therefore help him get another notebook that i can send to him and he'll add the remaining balance to the 10k once the new notebook arrives then i decided to send the compaq mini to him, which we agreed that he was going to buy it for 40k and we'll share the courier charges for sending it to him
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
cont'd

I'll pay 1k while he'll pay 2k (Agofure Parcel Services charges 3k to send computers to PTI, Warri park), that's make it 42k for the compaq mini. I went to the Jibowu park of agofure motors to go and send the compaq to him, he texted me the name and park where d compaq should be sent, he then asked me which name i want him to put on the Asus that he was returning to me and i told him that he should use my NL username. after i have sent the compaq, he called me that the guy in his office said he has d money now and that their wont be need for him returning the asus back to me, that since he has collected the money from his colleague that was buying the Asus, he'll send 35k to the account the next day before the laptop arrives at agofure PTI park located in Warri

He said I should text him the waybill number that I was given for the package and i sent the waybill no to him because i thought he was someone I could trust. when he will pay the remaining 22k the next day when he has confirmed that the notebook is working perfect with no fault whatsoever to the GTB account i sent to him but i haven't heard from him since the notebook arrived at the pack, he has refused to pick my calls someone that calls me about 4times daily and spend up to 10mins on each calls.

Trust here didn't become an issue to me because i have met so many good people here on nairaland that we've since become good friends despite just meeting online and i see no reason why i should doubt them if they tell me something, but this has become a lesson to me.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
cont'd

I didn't tell anyone since Wednesday that it happened because I didn't believe that he can scam me, I thought something was wrong with him or sought, I waited till Monday and he still didn't put a call through to me, when I sent him a text, telling him about what God can do, if i beg him to interfere into this matter, he switched off his phone. On tuesday (yesterday), I decided to call him again and he started picking my calls and wasting my credits and he wouldn't say anything each time he picks it. that was when i now realise that he actually knows what he is doing and he's surely a scammer for not to have said anything to me since Wednesday despite having my two notebooks which is valued as 57k(The price he agreed to pay for the two), then i decided to create this thread for everyone to be informed and aware,

I still have the waybill receipt i was given at Jibowu when i went to send the compaq mini to the PTI Warri pack, I have the name he gave me to write on it.

Thanks everyone for your sincere comments, those that said i'm stupid for being scammed at this age, I did the same when SMARTKING scammed TOLUXA1 here on NL. just pray that God keeps your enemy far away from you.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by mamagee3(f): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
I'm sorry, it sucks to be scammed by all those money looting twats.

I hope you get your money back and the culprits are sent to jail.

I feel your pain.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by temodent(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2010
You were to be blamed, you probably were too focus on the profit margin you were going to make to have clearly seen the trap set on your path, I'm quite sorry to say there is an evidence of greed on your part that's where it always start from anyway a tempting offer, somebody willing to buy higher than everyone else. Well u've got to brace up you know as they say Leopards dont change their skin, Nigerans with just a few exception will keep been Nigerians - fraudulent, trustless and heartless.
And if I may suggest here, the issue of a clearing house should be looked into where payments would be received and goods sent until both parties are satisfied with goods released and payment effected, A food for thought, peculiar situations require peculiar solution.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
I feel ur pain bro.its quite pathetic dat while we blame politicians for milking d country dry,most young nigerians are so criminal minded. I wonder what kind of country our generation will make out of nigeria by the time this thieving old politicians wld ve died a long time. Im nt gona blame u like some people here are doing.we all cld be victims 2mrw,it might be through another disguse nt tru sending of goods like this issue in focus. Nxt time,any prospective buyer shld pay in2 ur bank account,atleast u cant run cos ur bnk has all ur details along with dat of those dat refrenced u while u were opening d acnt,with such knowledge i guess both parties r both on d safe side. I started using dis medium after i ve bin scamd twice in nairaland,but dat cnt happen again cos im ready to track dat acnt with all relevant security agencies. What dis dumb skulls dnt knw is dat a happy and satisfied client will refer others to u,which will nt only increase ur client base bt also more patronage and good will from people which also adds 2ur blessings. Last wk,i got a call from somebody in abuja who read my post on d introduce ur business section here in nairaland. She paid in2 my acnt after we ve discussd xtensvly on phn for 2days. I did what i was paid for and snc ystd she has refferd 6 persons to me of which 4 has paid me evn more 4d same advertising service which i did carried out 4dem of which they ve calld me to thank me 4d positive responces they ve bin getn frm my service which has also earned them money too. D point here is dat honesty pays and do ve a mutiplying positive effect which goes on and on,bt when u swindle som1,u ve lost a potential client that wld ve added value 2u and d referals u wld ve gottn frm dat source is gone jst 4peanuts. For those reading dis xprnc dat r involved in dis act,my candid advice 2u is dat u r d real loser,there is no progress 4u in whatever form.u keep dng samething but u aint prospering rather u will always be in dare need because u dnt ve a legitimate means of income der4 u cant get d blessings dat comes from GOD rather d curse u get from those u ve scamed kips hunting u.mind u God is a God of justice.get a life and turn away from evil,if u r cought -d price can nt be quantified. My dear brother,i surely belive u ve learnt ur lesons bt b rest assured dat tru dis same forum God will bless u in many folds. U will surely meet upright people here dat will add value 2ur endeavour so dust urself and move on after all NO PAIN NO GAIN, NO EVENT NO HISTORY. Wshn u d best in ur upcoming exams and ur future endeavours. CHEER UP
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by jokingmary(m): 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
What a pity sad
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by lookmangiw(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
I swear to God that vreated,i dont believe this story abit
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by JohnDoe77(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
Too bad. You ought to be smarter than that. You be naija man and u still they allow them dey scam you like that. How you go send goods to person wey you no see?
Chai, U be real maye, And them suppose flog your behind.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by seedord247(m): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2010
If this story i real i thing the guy use charm to talk to you, I mean it's unbelievable, how could someone tell you ship ur goods without confirming the payment first even my perfect illiterate Landlady can't fall for this
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by initialize(m): 3:13am On Jul 29, 2010
I really appreciate all your comments, someone said the story is not real, I bet you can do a little study on me here and you'll know i have no reason to lie about anything, all what i have said in my post is true, sometime you just think you're doing the right thing until someone proves to you that you are wrong, i really thought of not sending the Compaq, even after getting to the park but i will say he outsmarted me with the format he used but I know he's not going to enjoy what he did.

Someone also said I was greedy and i sold the notebooks at outrageous prices which i don't agree with, I just think he is a prospective buyer cos i have sold to people i haven't met and they actually paid to me for the service rendered.

I sold the Asus UMPC to him for 25k and the Compaq mini to him for 40k, which of the two was sold at an over hyped? tell me.

@texazz

I'm a fool if i let someone scammed me of my hard earned money but you shouldn't say i'm a bird of the same feather with GLOADED, I have never collected money from someone without sending their orders, or disappointed after i have had an agreement on selling, I always consider the interest of my customers all the time. To the post you made mention of; I haven't seen the post up till now, I was stupid not to have done a background check on him but I wish you have had a chat with this GLOADED guy and you will never doubt him, even if he told you he is going to buy something worth millions of naira from you. You can ask people that has chatted with it, or those he call frequently like he did with me.

I may have been bitten know but i know by God's grace it will only be a story i'll love to tell someday.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by madlady(f): 5:55am On Jul 29, 2010
temodent:

You were to be blamed, you probably were too focus on the profit margin you were going to make to have clearly seen the trap set on your path, I'm quite sorry to say there is an evidence of greed on your part that's where it always start from anyway a tempting offer, somebody willing to buy higher than everyone else. Well u've got to brace up you know as they say Leopards dont change their skin, Nigerans with just a few exception will keep been Nigerians - fraudulent, trustless and heartless.
And if I may suggest here, the issue of a clearing house should be looked into where payments would be received and goods sent until both parties are satisfied with goods released and payment effected, A food for thought, peculiar situations require peculiar solution.

Sir, is this possible? smiley
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by VALIDATOR: 7:55am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^^
Yes it is.I was actually developing such an application but along the line I STOPPED. I realized some other problems will be introduced simply because there is no existing database of all Nigerians and their activities to be used as a reference when legal tussles arise.
The success of any such app greatly depends on reference/history of the person to fall back on it when the situation arise.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by abakpa(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2010
eeh my guy wetin me i like talk be say na everyday for the thief but just only one day for the owner. Nemesis will surely catch up with him trust me.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by madlady(f): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2010
VALIDATOR:

^^^^
Yes it is.I was actually developing such an application but along the line I STOPPED. I realized some other problems will be introduced simply because there is no existing database of all Nigerians and their activities to be used as a reference when legal tussles arise.
The success of any such app greatly depends on reference/history of the person to fall back on it when the situation arise.

It seems very risky, who would hold the goods and cash undecided.

Paypal seems undecidedthe only way to do this safely.

Ebay sellers (myself included) are in tassels with paypal to remove Nigeria from the banned list, if this happens buying and selling will be easier.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by anitabest(f): 8:52am On Jul 29, 2010
O sorry my guy.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Ranoscky(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2010
somtyms wen tins lyk dis happens, i keep askin myself dat, r dia stil good peeps in nigeria? undecided

*well, i know dia is buh, dey'r just so hard to find.*
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by madlady(f): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2010
Ranoscky:

somtyms wen tins lyk dis happens, i keep askin myself dat, r dia stil good peeps in nigeria? undecided

*well, i know dia is buh, dey'r just so hard to find.*

For sure you have honest ones, I have met a few on this forum ( one even paid more than the agreed amount, I returned the over-payment)

Sadly scammers are all over the world.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by semid4lyfe(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2010
Hmmm. . .can't believe this happened to my guy ,initialize of all peeps undecided

Shocking! shocked

Take heart bro. . .$h!t happens! Forget the gbege and read for your exams.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by kotons(m): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2010
Naija united FC we lost away and now it's home,We scammed oyinbo now it's our fellow nigerians,nawa oo,
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Tolulop001(f): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2010
didnt any of the mods see this

apparently the gloaded character had scammed someone in 2009

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-219993.0.html

there should be a list of known criminals on NL,at least we are sure there are such rogues
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by HotKween: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2010
@topic
Dis story stinks. There is smtin wrong with it. Nobody is dis gullible. D poster is definitely nt telling us d truth. I cnt imagine sending laptops witout at least 50% down payment n a guarantee of d balance. It is nt enuf 2 cme on forums n cry foul jst cos u r a "known" name on nairaland. Like sm1 observed, d poster must b a partner-in-crime wit d gloaded fella 2 av bin involved in bizness dealings of dis kind dat involves trust. My questn 2 d poster is: HAVE U EVA SCAMMED SM1 IN UR LIFE? IN ALL HONESTY AND B4 GOD CAN U SAY U HV NEVA SCAMMED IN UR LIFE? If you hv then NEMESIS is at play. If nt n u r saying d truth then ur battle shall b fought by a higher being.
Re: Initialize Was Scammed On Wednesday by Djswaggz(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2010
Pele o!! If the money was paid into an account. . . u can definitely catch the guy. Just hope the bank co-operates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Fix Laptop Screens At Very Good Price in Lagos. / Black Friday Clearance Sales, everything must Go!!! / My Gotv Decoder Is Refusing To Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.