Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Video Game Business In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Game Business In Lagos (31183 Views)

How To Make Money Running A Video Game Store In Nigeria. / Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre / Will Game Business And Game Competition Give Huge Profits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by jesuspikin(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2010
@poster your thought of coming back home is a good one,my advice is that you do it gradually by setting up a trial outlet here in 9ja.so that if there is too much hitch you zap.at least you will have something to fall back on and not get stuck
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by femmy2010(m): 4:01am On Sep 16, 2010
Your business would do well but nepa can be killing ooOO.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by fbi1: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
Hello,
I stay in Ijebu-ode ogun state, The business moves like wildfire there too.I have an idea of the how to run the show there, If you want to try it out mail me fasasiabiodun@yahoo.com
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by mahal(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2010
Your best bet is Nigeria even with all the wahala mentioned.
Ghana? Am i the only one that heard about the $300,000 fine imposed on Foreign firms and businesses.
Or the recent small scale Xeno attacks cropping up?
If you re scared of Lagos why not try Port-harcout or Abuja
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by poweredcom(m): 3:10am On Dec 25, 2010
Men it s gonna sell a lot in Surulere Apapa area, Ikeja.,V.I Lekki, Ikoyi , Okota, that all, OK, WELL MEE TO HAVE rented one shop to open one here in my area, ps3 2 games, and one ps2, to manage life, its 50Naira per game and soccer is d most played here in Naija, Ok, bro,

wel at Silverbird galleria its 200N per game, Ok
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Cikks: 3:27am On Jun 10, 2011
Great gamers,

You all have the ideas and most of us here have given it a try. Game business in Nigeria is good but economic situations are not favourable yet.

> I started this business as old as the late 80's. My first tournament was hosted at my 10yrs of age. Really challenging but i had great support to host it.
> Given the challenges of not keeping track of the income made by your staff, you might end up working for the board boys (your staff) and wound down.

> however, I continued to move on with this business and today, am a great successful gamer. but one thing is still missing. am not recognized. No Trophy, No award, nothing to add to my gallary.

> My talent is on games, just name it.
                        Live football, I captained my team and won trophies
                        Chess, am very good
                        Monopoly, I play with real Naira and you know what that means
                        Scrabble, you will suffer to win me
                        Lawn tennis, I am a sampras
                        Snooker, I win cue you out in 2 chances
                        Above all, I am a GURU with PS no matter the software used and I dont set formations to play.

> Am sure you must be flabbergasted if this chap studies his books, believe me I am a 2.1 material in banking and practicing

> I still continued my game show and have decided to let gamers to be recognized in Nigeria.

> Partnering with 2 companies, we have set up a Grand Slam competition of N1,000,000 cash prize and lots of consolation prizes

> Lots of benefits will be accrued to the winners as we will go into signing advert contracts with PS,XBOX,NINTENDO etc. They will sign deals to use the winners to advertise their products. That way we will be recognized.

> moreso, our loved babes, girls, wives will see the potentials in us and stop harassing us especially when we play our addictive games e.g Soccer and adventure

> The competition has been slated and application ends 24th of June 2011. If you are interested to play the soccer competition log into www.dchallenger.net

> The competition will be in VI Lagos, this show will be on the media and given a red carpet at the grand Finale, its already on the jingles and flying. Several companies are calling in to showcase their products and believe me fellow gamers, you have opportunities to be signed into deals with companies like Redbull, Nigerian Breweries, Guinness, Coca Cola, Pepsi, etc for adverts.

> Let us all arise and grab this opportunity. Well D'Challenger is copyright and trademarked to avoid people like one of the telecommunication company in Naija hijacking the competition (Sorry to call name) but it was painful to see them hijack Lagos Street soccer competition my friend gave to them. Check it out. its true

> Every gamer will be given a special line in order to maintain our community, match updates will be sent to everyone.

> Come and showcase your skills. Too many people think its easy to coordinate 11 players at the same time, bearing in mind all their special skills and moves, knowing when to attack, using great formations etc. 

To showcase your products or
To sponsor call 08065523686 or 07068689905

BBpin: 20D164FD
email: info@dchallenger.net
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 10, 2011
Cikks:

Great gamers,

You all have the ideas and most of us here have given it a try. Game business in Nigeria is good but economic situations are not favourable yet.

> I started this business as old as the late 80's. My first tournament was hosted at my 10yrs of age. Really challenging but i had great support to host it.
> Given the challenges of not keeping track of the income made by your staff, you might end up working for the board boys (your staff) and wound down.

> however, I continued to move on with this business and today, am a great successful gamer. but one thing is still missing. am not recognized. No Trophy, No award, nothing to add to my gallary.

Chess, am very good
                        Above all, I am a GURU with PS no matter the software used and I dont set formations to play.

> Am sure you must be flabbergasted if this chap studies his books, believe me I am a 2.1 material in banking and practicing

> I still continued my game show and have decided to let gamers to be recognized in Nigeria.

> Partnering with 2 companies, we have set up a Grand Slam competition of N1,000,000 cash prize and lots of consolation prizes

> Lots of benefits will be accrued to the winners as we will go into signing advert contracts with PS,XBOX,NINTENDO etc. They will sign deals to use the winners to advertise their products. That way we will be recognized.

> moreso, our loved babes, girls, wives will see the potentials in us and stop harassing us especially when we play our addictive games e.g Soccer and adventure

> The competition has been slated and application ends 24th of June 2011. If you are interested to play the soccer competition log into www.dchallenger.net

> The competition will be in VI Lagos, this show will be on the media and given a red carpet at the grand Finale, its already on the jingles and flying. Several companies are calling in to showcase their products and believe me fellow gamers, you have opportunities to be signed into deals with companies like Redbull, Nigerian Breweries, Guinness, Coca Cola, Pepsi, etc for adverts.

> Let us all arise and grab this opportunity. Well D'Challenger is copyright and trademarked to avoid people like one of the telecommunication company in Naija hijacking the competition (Sorry to call name) but it was painful to see them hijack Lagos Street soccer competition my friend gave to them. Check it out. its true

> Every gamer will be given a special line in order to maintain our community, match updates will be sent to everyone.

> Come and showcase your skills. Too many people think its easy to coordinate 11 players at the same time, bearing in mind all their special skills and moves, knowing when to attack, using great formations etc. 

Abegi make we hear word, The above 3 that u mention which include Footballing, Snookering and Scrabbling, i will deal with you in all that
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Cikks: 7:18am On Jun 10, 2011
Great guy,no probs,dare the competition, then later come to Kanu's hotel at V.I and let's prove ourselves in each of those you mentioned. Anyway how you dey?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Panache(m): 3:37am On Dec 14, 2011
Try Gamerzzz at Mafoluku (Stone throw from MMA2). Call 08030788770 for directions.

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by DisGuy: 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
na wa o, them no dey seat down for this place?

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Panache(m): 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
The seats kuku dey there o. Na the intensity of the game no gree them sit. loooool
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by sazii: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
Hey playmode nice meeting u. I too wants 2 cum in 2 d biz but on a small scale. Can we merge? Call me 07028178877

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by motmedia3: 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
am looking at setting up a gaming center , any advice on how to go about.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 2:02am On May 19, 2013
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by kaybest1: 11:42am On May 21, 2013
house is there no license or what ever that can get from govt to stop police constant harassment. i shut KRP in agbado crossing,down cos of police wahala hoping that after youth service i cont but i was not encourage.
pls any one with useful info on how to beat police raiding genuinely cos am consider the business again.
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by born2boink(m): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
kay best: house is there no license or what ever that can get from govt to stop police constant harassment. i shut KRP in agbado crossing,down cos of police wahala hoping that after youth service i cont but i was not encourage.
pls any one with useful info on how to beat police raiding genuinely cos am consider the business again.
only God could saves you from lawless nigeria police

1 Like

Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Ups01(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sprumbaba:
http://topdowndeals.com/lagos-video-gaming-store.htmlGame center is lucrative

motmedia3:
am looking at setting up a gaming center , any advice on how to go about.
Cikks:
Great gamers,
                        Chess, am very good
CJAY5:
The video game business is a money spinner, but it isn't legitimate in my honest opinion. Its dogged by the same problems faced by viewing centres who feed what is supposedly a meduim for private entertainment to the public for a fee.
So as a serious minded person u shud b asking urself how big do u want this to b in ten to fifteen years. What sort of problems would u anticipate by then.

How do you bill your clients? is there a software that you use in keeping track of time? or do you monitor the business yourself(Some bahd guys can really cheat after playing 5 games they'll claim they paid only 3)?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Ups01(m): 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
playmode:
I am a 30 year old Nigerian who has been residing in South Africa for a couple of years now. I currently own and run a Video Games Store in the CBD of Johannesburg. My store consist of a Video Game's arcade section, A video game repair section and a sales section. I am a self trained Playstation3, Xbox 360 and Wii technician.

In the video Game's arcade section, customers can come and play their favourite game titles on any of my 10 consoles connected to full 10 HDTVs. We charge them per hour for each game they choose to play. I currently have 5 pS3s and 5 Xbox 360 consoles in the arcade section.

In the Repair section i do the following:

Repair 3 Red light Xbox 360s(RROD)
Repair Xbox 360 E70 errors
Repair Xbox360 blank picture errors
Replace Ps3s faulty lens
Chip / Flash Xbox 360s consoles to play copied games
Chip Nintendo wii to play copied games

In the sales section ,i sell copied Xbox 360 games and copied Wii games.
I also sell video games accessories in this section like battery packs, power adaptors, av cables e.t.c

The reason i have created this topic is because i will like to relocate back to Nigeria, I have here in SA for a while and i really miss home. I want to come back home to settle down with my family and establish my business in Lagos. I know how people love video games in Nigeria and i also know how expensive these video games have become.

I feel that i may be able to contribute something positive to the country and the youths if i establish my business there. From what i have gathered so far ,there is no one in Lagos who repairs Xbox 360s ( i may be mistaken but that is what i have heard from my relatives).My business can benefit video game loving Nigerians because here in South Africa i am able to source second hand video game consoles which are in good condition and resell them in Nigeria at reasonable prices. Another plus is my ability to make copied games. The cost of an original Xbox  game range from $60 to $100 but i can make a copy of those games for a mere $5 or less.This will really benefit Nigerians who are struggling to buy one single game.

Like i mentioned above i have been out of the country for a while and i need the professional input of people on the ground in Nigeria. Please advice and tell me if it wise for me to establish this type of business in Lagos or if i should remain in SA.I have attached a picture to give you an idea of what my business is like. I will also like the good people of Nairaland to suggest to me which areas of Lagos my business will thrive in.

>>>>5 years down the line, how's the business doing?<<<<<

How do you bill your clients? is there a software that you use in keeping track of time? or do you monitor the business yourself?
Re: Video Game Business In Lagos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

Your thread is quite helpful but I have a couple of questions though;
1. How do I set price for adventure games. I mean its easy to set 50 bucks for most games (a game of soccer at roughly 10mins or a session of Call of Duty since its easy to set time in most of the modes except Campaign. Mortal Kombat can be priced per round). All these are easy to price but some other gamers might want to enjoy God of War, COD Campaign Modes, Drake's Fortune, Assassins Creed, or Phanthom Pain. The value customers will enjoy in this games is a direct function of how long they spend holding the pad. So, how do we price.

2. Second question. Am only about to set up my own Game Center and am interested in knowing how to best manage and control the players time since am trying to start with 4 game stations. Is it better to use the TV timer function or manually look at each game and physically stop the player when the time is up. The difference between these too options is that the player who now has to drop pad has no choice since the TV has gone off on its own as opposed to him arguing with the manager or begging for extra time. Is there any other option.

Please advice!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos / Church Member Gives Nigeria’s Old £1 Note Used Between 1907-1973 As Offering / Ebenebe Residents Trooped Into Blord's House For Christmas Gifts (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.