Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! (2574 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by wales(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2010
The Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday apologised to journalists in Edo State over the brutal attack on the Edo State correspondent of The Nation, Otabor Friday, when he received a beating from suspected thugs during last Saturday's by-election into the state house of assembly in Ovia North-East constituency II.

Mr. Otabor was attacked by thugs while attempting to take shots of hundreds of persons casting their votes at Igo Primary School polling station, even when they were told by the electoral officer that they were not registered in the place.

Mr. Oshiomhole yesterday promised to get to the root of the incident and ensure that those responsible were fished out.

"I am really sorry for what happened. We will ensure that we get to the root of the matter to know what actually happened, because we have a responsibility to protect the media. We need the media to ensure that we have credible election in this country, and that is what I am committed to in this state and beyond," he said.

He also called for the compilation of a genuine voters register before next elections, saying that "the foundation of credible election is in a credible voters register, which we must ensure we get before the election."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5599711-147/oshiomhole_apologises_to_edo_journalists_.csp

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by snowdrops(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
I am not sure why this made front page. The initial attack on the journalist with pictures of his battered body should have.

There was even a more exciting story from Edo state today which is on Oshiomholes attack on health workers in the state accusing them of holding the state to ransom.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
INEC should be apologising for the problem that led to attack on the journalist not oshiomhole.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by 2makesense: 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
agree with Bluetooth INEC should be the one apologising not the governor…
Or its he actually sorry about something he is not telling us wink smiley wink smiley
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by papa190(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2010
the face of a thief angry
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
osho baba
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by snowdrops(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
2makesense:

agree with Bluetooth INEC should be the one apologising not the governor…
Or its he actually sorry about something he is not telling us wink smiley wink smiley

quite a poignant and fundamental question
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by MeGaStReEt: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
the face of a betrayer
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by usbcable(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
He is in charge of security(i.e. Chief security officer) for the state. So he is apologizing for that reason. And note he said everything will be done to fish out the culprits(why una no talk say make INEC fish out the crime perpetrators).
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by category(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ papa190 and Megastreet,
wat did he still from u and
hw did he betrayed u respectively?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by aikuda(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
@USBCABLE, at least you show say no be everybody mumu for NL. I am surprised at the repsonse of some of our so called "literate nigerians." Wht is wrong in apologzing when something bad happen to a guest in ur tuff? Must we criticise everything and everyone at all times?

Have to say I agree that INEC should be pushing to know what happened to the Journalist.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by wealthlift(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
The sympathetic governor there!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by nex(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
There's nothing sympathetic about Oshiomhole. He just loves being in the headlines. It's not his business to apologise, or that of INEC for that matter since they have no control over the Police. It is the Police Commissioner that should ensure that things like this don't happen all Oshiomhole can do is support the police. Unless of course he has spent all of Edo state security budget on that Ring Road round about that doesn't work anymore.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by category(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ nex,
U amaze me. A man is appologisin knowin
dat electorial violence is wrong
and u r here critisizin him.
Was he wrong to have cleaned up ring road in Benin?
Do u prefer thoz noisy animals that alwayz charateris ring road?
Me think u should grow up!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by chelseabmw(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2010
embarassed embarassed
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises To Edo Journalists ! by nex(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2010
The guy should stop wasting time in front of the TV cameras and get work done. I'm not saying that he shouldn't clean up Ring Road, but if he knew that bloody fountain he spent a majority of the state budget on was not going to be functional, then perhaps he should have spent more of the money on speeding up Airport Road construction. I almost had an accident on that road last week Saturday!

If the fountain works, cool. But it doesn't! This is still the same political mago-mago that happens in every other part of Nigeria. Elephant project that have no value. If the man wants to always be in front of the cameras and in the limelight, he should become a rockstar. Its not too late.

(1) (Reply)

Revelation Linking Ibb To Mko Abiola ,ige, Elewi And Abacha’s Death / Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood / EXPOSED! Nigerian Military Chopper That Crashed Was Used By Boko Haram Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.