Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria (32370 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors / Is Kidnaping Now An Occupation In The Niger/delta Region? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Dgunnerz(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]
I beg come and kidnap me then you will know that kidnapping should be no 1 well paid job in Naija.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by yacks: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
I believe that so many people may  be wondering why some students study the French language in the University while other curses like engineering are there. Well i just want to refresh our memories that the French language have being confermed the Nigerian 2nd official language, and if not for any reason, French should be studied an thought in Nigeria because we are surrounded by francophone countries.
PARLER TOUJOUR LA LANGUE FRENCAIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by izby(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria

Let me think,
1) Pastor or Prophet
2) Lecturer Or Professor
3) Lawyer
4) Political appointment job
5) House of Representative member
6) High-ranking Civil Servant working in the following NFF, PHCN, NNPC or CUSTOMS
7) Professional Pastor or Prophet in a Non-Catholic Church
cool MEND Member
9) Ritual
10) Local Government Chairman South-East/West/South Nigeria
The only way to change this country is for our president to rule without hoping for second term in office.Make him Bleep all those bad politician up and make up happy simple.Too many demand and compensation for/from political traditional leaders oooo
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
these guys as already posted the bitter truth, embarassed cry
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Viciyke(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
1. Politics
2. Bank Executive Chiefs
3. Oil Company workers (mostly staffs n executive workers)
4. Mega Pastors. (Mostly d Chris's, Adeboye's, Joshua's etc)
5. Doctors/Health Workers
6. Engineers.
7. Lecturers (Mostly Masters n Phd Degree holders)
8. Underwater/Pipeline welders
9. Lawyers (Justice n Judiciary workers)
10. Modernized Farmers/Modern Furniture Makers.

Jus my own opinion.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Politician- You would probably earn $1 billion a year.

Kidnapping- You would earn about 20 million naira.

Armed robber- It all depends on the location your performed your duty.

But politics can seal your fate of being the richest man in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by johnsonpal: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
Na wa o
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by owohblow: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
interesting revelation
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by oloritinu: 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
grin grin grin @Mcsheda i think you have asked the wrong question . people are speaking from what they had experience and not making fun of it

grin grin grin grin grin grin i believe you must dumbfounded by the answers you have got.

Shallom!!!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by baslone: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
Naija na the only place wey u fit sleep wit 50bucks
in your pocket and 15M in your account before the
following night!!!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by ZAYD(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
All i Know is that whatever you do ,always do it right
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by alanbolo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
baslone:

Naija na the only place wey u fit sleep wit 50bucks
in your pocket and 15M in your account before the
following night!!!

,   as funny as that might sound, I don't mind it myself, just let me know what the formula (code) is to get that type of Miracle.   Imagine the profit margin or the Return on Investment from that mega-miracle.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by mrkoma2012: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
@poster nigeria is a country where staff are not paid for 6months for example a friend of mine told me she left daar communication due to non payment of wages.In response to your question,

Politics is the most lucrative profession,you do need any qualification, simply attach yourself to a political godfather and not only will you have power but access to plunder your people resources with impunity just ask folks like Odili,Ibori,Tinubu
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
ZAYD:

All i Know is that whatever you do ,always do it right
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by jokingmary(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
mrkoma2012:

Politics is the most lucrative profession,you do need any qualification, simply attach yourself to a political godfather and not only will you have power but access to plunder your people resources with impunity just ask folks like Odili,Ibori,Tinubu

You're right my dear.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by aktunde(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
I just don't know why the poster is finding it hard to accept the bitter truth. He probably thinks everyone is joking here. Some one has already pointed the jobs out. Find it here again

1. Mega Oyel Bunkering (like those guys in the ND creeks)
2. Kidnapping (will soon displace oyel bunkering for the no. 1 spot because it has a higher "Return On Investment" rate)
3. More oyel bunkering (like that dude in Lagos)
4. Politics (Pays like hell. ever heard of "Sitting Allowance"? yeah, they get that too!)
5. Police (N50 x 500 Motorists x 365 days. We're talking some really huge figures here!)
6. Yahoo-Yahoo
7. Multinational Oyel workers
8. Bank Executives
9. Contractors
10. Others

Dear Mr. Poster,

If you do not want to accept the list above, please kindly come back home (if abroad) to create your own job, and try to make it one of he best 10. You will be surprised by the way poor power supply and other economic frustrations will swallow up the business within a year. I just pray it would not get so bad to the point that you will start considering the first six jobs listed above.

Please shine your eyes, and face the truth. If this is not the type of responses you are expecting, please rephrase your question. However, the answers you have received are the best for the question asked. That is Naija for you. Hope you understand.

Bye for now, and remember to greet mummy for me. Don't forget that thing I told you o!

Yours sincerely,

aktunde
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by adamse(f): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ am like naija 4 life. funny thread.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
Its rly funny when u read some post frm nigerians outside the country.they tlk abt been patrotic with all sense of stupidity and folishness. When south africans were fighting 4der freedom,mst of their musicians then sang abt d societal ills prevailing then in S.A,letting d world knw what exactly is going on there which generated much attention, so when some people get upset when they read d post of others because u wnt them to tell d world that all is well in nigeria then u mst be a proper fool. Somebody mentioned BBC reporting some post from nairaland which he felt does nt project our image positively among the commitee of nations but i beg to remind u dat this countries ve their envoys here and they c d rot happening & report bck to their gvmt bck home, so if u like decive urself with false sense of patrotism it changes nothing because d reality on ground is so glaring even 4d blind 2c. Even d person dat started d use of d word rebranding has dropd dat slogan along time ago when reality done on her. I salute all those dat posted those criminal skilld jobs as d highest paying jobs in nigeria cos dats d bitter truth,u can even see that our president nw and past has gone ahead to bestow national honours to some knwn criminals in nigeria,showing to the world dat we do reward criminality according to ur perfomance,d higher ur criminal activities and records d higher d award. Pls my brothers in diaspora,wake up and stop championing blind patrotism.what r u evn dng there,i bet u cnt stay up to a mnt in nigeria whn u evn decide 2visit. Our senators earn 1000000 times more than obama/anum each and compare their acmplshmnt. A local govrmt chairman in 9ja earns more than british prime minister david calderon. So y r some people paranoid when u read dat kidnaping,oil bunkering and other criminal acts r d highest paid jobs.they r d obvious fact. PATROTISM MY ASS.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Kilode1: 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Thread, LMAO!!

I just pity the OP.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Its rly funny when u read some post frm nigerians outside the country.they tlk abt been patrotic with all sense of stupidity and folishness. When south africans were fighting 4der freedom,mst of their musicians then sang abt d societal ills prevailing then in S.A,letting d world knw what exactly is going on there which generated much attention, so when some people get upset when they read d post of others because u wnt them to tell d world that all is well in nigeria then u mst be a proper fool. Somebody mentioned BBC reporting some post from nairaland which he felt does nt project our image positively among the commitee of nations but i beg to remind u dat this countries ve their envoys here and they c d rot happening & report bck to their gvmt bck home, so if u like decive urself with false sense of patrotism it changes nothing because d reality on ground is so glaring even 4d blind 2c. Even d person dat started d use of d word rebranding has dropd dat slogan along time ago when reality done on her. I salute all those dat posted those criminal skilld jobs as d highest paying jobs in nigeria cos dats d bitter truth,u can even see that our president nw and past has gone ahead to bestow national honours to some knwn criminals in nigeria,showing to the world dat we do reward criminality according to ur perfomance,d higher ur criminal activities and records d higher d award. Pls my brothers in diaspora,wake up and stop championing blind patrotism.what r u evn dng there,i bet u cnt stay up to a mnt in nigeria whn u evn decide 2visit. Our senators earn 1000000 times more than obama/anum each and compare their acmplshmnt. A local govrmt chairman in 9ja earns more than british prime minister david calderon. So y r some people paranoid when u read dat kidnaping,oil bunkering and other criminal acts r d highest paid jobs.they r d obvious fact. PATROTISM MY ASS.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by honiye(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
I see that solutions to our economic problems not forthcoming until we individuals change our attitude, mentality and perception to our own country. we made up of everyone represented in every crime committed in this country. someone just asked a question that might be vital to him/her, only for some silly idiots to enlist social vices and criminal activities as option. You and you need to change yourself before you can change anyone. If you can not utilize this forum for things more reasonable why don't you sign off?
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2010
byrron:

Its rly funny when u read some post frm nigerians outside the country.they tlk abt been patrotic with all sense of stupidity and folishness. When south africans were fighting 4der freedom,mst of their musicians then sang abt d societal ills prevailing then in S.A,letting d world knw what exactly is going on there which generated much attention, so when some people get upset when they read d post of others because u wnt them to tell d world that all is well in nigeria then u mst be a proper fool. Somebody mentioned BBC reporting some post from nairaland which he felt does nt project our image positively among the commitee of nations but i beg to remind u dat this countries ve their envoys here and they c d rot happening & report bck to their gvmt bck home, so if u like decive urself with false sense of patrotism it changes nothing because d reality on ground is so glaring even 4d blind 2c. Even d person dat started d use of d word rebranding has dropd dat slogan along time ago when reality done on her. I salute all those dat posted those criminal skilld jobs as d highest paying jobs in nigeria cos dats d bitter truth,u can even see that our president nw and past has gone ahead to bestow national honours to some knwn criminals in nigeria,showing to the world dat we do reward criminality according to your perfomance,d higher your criminal activities and records d higher d award. Pls my brothers in diaspora,wake up and stop championing blind patrotism.what r u evn dng there,i bet u cnt stay up to a mnt in nigeria whn u evn decide 2visit. Our senators earn 1000000 times more than obama/anum each and compare their acmplshmnt. A local govrmt chairman in 9ja earns more than british prime minister david calderon. So y r some people paranoid when u read dat kidnaping,oil bunkering and other criminal acts r d highest paid jobs.they r d obvious fact. PATROTISM MY backside.
david calderon kor, jose calderon ni grin
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by aktunde(m): 1:00am On Jul 29, 2010
@ honiye

I see that solutions to our economic problems not forthcoming until we individuals change our attitude, mentality and perception to our own country. we made up of everyone represented in every crime committed in this country. someone just asked a question that might be vital to him/her, only for some silly idiots to enlist social vices and criminal activities as option. You and you need to change yourself before you can change anyone. If you can not utilize this forum for things more reasonable why don't you sign off?

Judging from the location I see on your profile, I assume you currently reside in Canada. No wonder  . I expect you to know the meaning of occupation. otherwise, I expect you to have a dictionary. From own dictionary occupation means " The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money". Occupation can be legal or illegal. This is the first flaw the poster made. He did not phrase his question very well. That is why i advised him to phrase his question again, if he is not getting the kind of response he got.

Second. Nigeria is a free country where people get away with just anything as long as you are highly connected and you have the money to buy justice. That is why legal and illegal occupations are rampant everywhere. The Poster was not specific. He asked a general question, and  he got general answers. Someone gave a list, which I consider as the best. It comprises of both legal and illegal occupations. Assuming he listed only illegal occupations, I would have felt like you too. He wasn't biased at all. If you like pretend not to know, but that is Nigeria for you. Take it or leave it, the illegal ones take the lead. see the list again

2. Kidnapping (will soon displace oyel bunkering for the no. 1 spot because it has a higher "Return On Investment" rate)
4. Politics (Pays like hell. ever heard of "Sitting Allowance"? yeah, they get that too!)
5. Police (N50 x 500 Motorists  x 365 days. We're  talking some really huge figures here!)
6. Yahoo-Yahoo
8. Bank Executives
9. Contractors
10. Others

I want to assume that the poster knew his answers already. How did he know Nairalanders are wrong, if he didn't have his own answers already? So, why is he disturbing people when he knows their views won't count? Even if he googles the question up, what he would get will still be the view of someone else. Everything he gets on search engines are posted by someone. And that doesn't mean every answer he gets in search engines will always be right. Only a federal bureau of statistics should have the kind of answers he wants. He should have contacted them if that of Nigeria is friendly enough to answer him without him bribing any office clerk. And yes, that is still Naija for you.

And you too. If you are this patriotic. Why are you abroad? To study? why cant you study here? To work and live there? why can't you work and live here? For business? why cant you sit here and do business here? Please do not deceive yourself. Those white people know most of the things we are trying to hide. Face the reality!

On a final note, I do not support crimes. But I will never pretend not to know that criminals earn more than doctors or engineers and others you expect to see on the list. But I want you to know that those things you see as crimes, are only crimes in papers as far as Nigeria is concerned. But its a way of life here. Those who should bring the criminals to book are even the ones behind it. This is a country where only poor people go to jail for crimes committed. The rich ones (often our leaders) get away with it. So, what are you trying to prove? Abeg shine your eyes jare, and leave matter!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 29, 2010
rebranding this cartoon is not feasible oh
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by jaguar09(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2010
1. Engineers (Petroleum, Civil, Electrical)
2. Bankers
3. Accountants
4. Doctors
5. Lecturers
6. Lawyers

The above is a joke right?
Lemme summarize"

Item 1. How much do they earn per annum compare to Kidnappers
Item 2. Hope it is not the Nigerian bankers? Sanusi is not done yet, so why go there.
Item 3. Accountants, jeez this guys gets a little taste of good life at 65yrs.
Item 4. Doctors, which onces? hope not the doctors that are always "begging" for better renumeration from the Govt.
Item 5. Lecturers, As we speak now they are on strike. hoover your beam light to the South East Unis. I rathered do conductor than this.
Item 6. Lawyers. All for the money, they can brandish a broadday light criminal innocent. Like the Keyamos, Aondokas etc.

NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE PERIOD, the Indians and the Arabs doing biz here are releaving Nigerians of their job, only to tell you that they have state of the art IT tool do the same job anywhere in the world (from there countries), Indians have the technology, the Arabs have the money to buy. checkout what Ericsson did to their staff deployed to the failed Zain NG. and Arab IT firm is on the verge of following suite and we have Labour Laws. God give me strength and courage to start this much anticipated REVOLUTION. the Jerry Rawlings way.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by Ultrame(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2010
honiye:

^^^^
we individuals change our attitude and perception? Don't make me laugh! let me ask you these very simple questions:
1.  When was the last time your vote counted in Nigeria?
2.  When was the last time Nigeria had a 'Honest-To-God' Politician, that is not a thieving, scheming 'basterd' like all the lot?

If any of your answers to the above questions happens to be 'i cant remember', then your conviction that a change in the attitude and mentality of an individual (whose vote doesn't even count) is seriously flawed, my friend.

Let me also point out to you my dear friend, that great minds (whom in your own warped and prejudiced opinion you chose to call 'silly idiots') answered the poster's query with the sick and bitter truth. Deal with it!

So come off your high horse from far away Canada and face the truth. These are the Top 10 Well Paid Occupations In Nigeria (like i posted earlier)

5. Police (N50 x 500 Motorists  x 365 days. We're  talking some really huge figures here!)
6. Yahoo-Yahoo
8. Bank Executives
9. Contractors
10. Others

Shallom.
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by vinmol: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2010
@ Ultrame correct man!
@Honiye you are far away in oyinbo land with water, electricity, good roads, good health facilities, food and shelter, and u draw stupid silly conclusions! about naija u ran and left for obvious reasons

come try start business here and u will be frustrated out!
carry your C.V waka the streets and u go know how far!

na to dey there dey draw conclusion? let us wey wear the shoe tell u how e be man!
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by dejilam(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2010
I Think KIDNAPPING should top the list .Bros you can make cool 50million in just one deal.By the the time you do 5to 6 deals you are made for life. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.Mouth watering aint ?it
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by cystein(m): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2010
Hahahahaha! Well you brethren from Africa are funny! I think I got nothing to say. U just made my day! LOL
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by shollyboy2: 11:23am On Jul 29, 2010
militants. yahooo(plus),,, politics(you have to get some baba for viallage too),, and road block police men
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by zenus(m): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2010
The speaker was accused mainly of misappropriating N11b capital vote of the House in 2008 and 2009 financial years. In the same vein, in a serendipitous discovery, our distinguished senators’ earnings per annum were uncovered as follow:

• Basic salary - 2,484,245.50;
• hardship allowance at 50 per cent of Basic salary - 1,242,122.70;
• Constituency allowance at 200 per cent of BS - 4,968,509.00;
• furniture allowance at 300 per cent of BS - 7,452,736.50;
• Newspaper allowance at 50 per cent of BS - 1,242,122.70;
• Wardrobe allowance at 25 per cent - 621,061.37;
• Recess allowance at 10 per cent - 248,424.55;
• Accommodation at 200 per cent - 4,968,509.00;
• Utilities at 30 per cent of BS - 828,081.83;
• Domestic Staff at 75 per cent of BS - 1,863,184.12;
• Entertainment at 30 per cent of BS - 828, 081.83;
• Personal assistants at 25 per cent of BS - 621,061.37;
• Vehicle maintenance allowance at 75 per cent of BS - 1,863, 184.12;
• Leave allowance at 10 per cent of BS - 48,424.55;
• severance gratuity at 300 per cent of BS - 7,452,736.50;
• Motor vehicle allowance at 400 per cent of BS - 9,936,982.00 (every 4 years); Total = N29,479,749.00; Senator‘s Salary per month = 2,456,647.70; Grand Total (109 Senators) = N3,264,329,264.10

(Source Newswatch, July 12, 2010, p.14).
Re: Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2010
So you have to be dishonest if u want to succeed in nija sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / How Do I Break Into Oil & Gas Industry In Nigeria? / Valentine Ewudo Works With His Mother In The Same US Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.