Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC (14874 Views)

I Am Willing, Ready To Support PDP’ — Jonathan Backs Atiku/Okowa ticket / Daniel Bwala Finally Joins PDP, Backs Atiku Abubakar / Moghalu Backs FG, NERC On Service Based Electricity Tariff Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Omooba77: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Moghalu during an interview on Channels Television programme, Business Morning said privatizing the NNPC will make it a more profitable organisation.

The political economist said he wonders why a presidential candidate will say that he will sell 90% of the NNPC and added that public organisations should not be a tool for political agenda

“The NNPC needs to be partially privatised between 41% to 51% whether private sector or government. This will turn the NNPC to a much more transparent organisation that is run consistently profitably.

“Today, the NNPC is just an impress account for the Nigerian politicians. This is because it is completely state-owned. One presidential candidate has said that he will sell 90% of the NNPC. I disagree with this. The question is, who are you going to sell 90% of the asset to?

“In privatising the NNPC partially, we should make sure that the oil producing communities have 10% ownership stake and we will sell those shares on Nigerian Stock Exchange in a carefully and transparently managed process.”

https://reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/15034-moghalu-backs-atiku-on-privatising-nnpc/features

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Metuh: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Zombies aka Buhari media cows will avoid this thread like a plaque. grin grin

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Racoon(m): 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
NNPC must be privatized.Government corruption is horrendous with this unscrutinized agency.I'm with Atiku/Obi on this issue.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Ndonu101: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
Kingsley Moghalu should step down and support the Atiku/Obi Ticket

He will do a good job as CBN Governor

Nigerian politics is quite complex

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Omooba77: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
If we must sell, the process must be open and transparent
Lalasticlala will you buy for Chi baby

5 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Omooba77: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by nzeobi(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
NNPC the conduit pipe

7 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by deboysben(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
Man wey Sabi

Don't mind that fraudulent man without certificate and his evil supporters.

Wetin bubu know about economy

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Omooba77: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
deboysben:
Man wey Sabi

Don't mind that fraudulent man without certificate and his evil supporters.

Wetin bubu know about economy
Abi oooo

10 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Omooba77: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
nzeobi:
NNPC the conduit pipe
Large one indeed!

5 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by BruncleZuma: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Abfinest007(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
someone is atikulatin .apc won*t like this

19 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by theoldpretender(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
I support privatising NNPC....however, if Atiku insists on keeping fuel at N90....privatising NNPC would have been sabotaged.

Best thing to do...privatise NNPC,remove subsidy....yes fuel will shoot up to N300 per liter...YES...prices will go up.....BUT....NNPC will FINALLY become a responsible organisation.

And prcies will go down eventually.

GSM wasprivate from the wordgo...they were allowed to set their prices, yes...we paid N10000 for a sim, but the money enabled the GSM to make investments that led to price falls.

Even the act of removing subsidy would end the scams around subsidy being carried out by elements in NNPC.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by NaijaRoyelty: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buhari and APC Bmc crew are dumb , obviously

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
That's why I love IGBOS..
They are reasonable and differenciates between good and bad.....
Unlike the other tribe

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by MXrap: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Things are taking shape. Before the election Moghalu, Ezekwesili and others will effectively ATIKULATE

cheesy

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by TheKingIsHere: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
Idiotic APC zombies right now grin

27 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Sirjamo: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Whether you sell NNPC or not, all I know is that you must pay subsidies on petroleum products, Nigerians will never pay 200 naira landing cost of PMS
Subsidy scam will come roaring back like a Bull
Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by festacman(m): 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
If Atiku wins, he will NOT be in government: he will be in business.
Sale of government assets suits him and his cronies well. Privatization under him as VP was an eye opener.
African Petroleum (AP) became Sadiq Oil overnight using his runsman Okocha as a front until Obasanjo wrestled it out of his hands and sold to his own front Otedola.

7 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by bettercreature(m): 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Omooba77:

You can not sell state own oil company in Africa it can not work.The money invlove is just too much

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by theoldpretender(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sirjamo:
Whether you sell NNPC or not, all I know is that you must pay subsidies on petroleum products, Nigerians will never pay 200 naira landing cost of PMS
Subsidy scam will come roaring back like a Bull

Yes, the truth is,removing subsidy MAKES economic sense.

But no Nigerian poltician worth his salt wants to remove subsidy. (GEJ tried partial removal,got his hands burnt. PMB was forced to increase due to forex /revenues not being enough to sustain N87 per liter).

Still...the day willcome when Nigerians have to face the fact and remove subsidy. If we don't...we will keep on having subsidy scams and scarcity scams...to say nothing of lack of investment in the oil industry....including jobs and new refineries.

Nigerians have to face facts. We need to stop lying to ourselves. Oil subsidy must go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by luckysmills: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
I think this Moghalu of a guy is the best person for Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Deeldorado: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
But he actually disagreed with Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by theoldpretender(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
Deeldorado:
But he actually disagreed with Atiku.

Yes...only on the 'who will they sell NNPC too'....which is a valid question.

14 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by deleo16(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
When we say people should vote for sound and intelligent person na same old papa them go vote for same old PDP and corrupt APC we are not ready I don't see anything articulating in the next fours or next level of recession we are not ready my mind on 2022 is it not same thing Bismarck rewanwe a renowned economist ask that some zombies were attacking him common sense is lost to na so we shout "sai baba"not knowing sey na recession they knock ,we are articulating now only God knows which style this political elites wan use surpress Nigerians this time

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
How can you privatize an entity that is sustained by royalties and shares from joint ventures? Can the NNPC boast of any asset they solely have and run? How does NNPC compre to ADNOC or Saudi Aramco? This is a no no for me.

4 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by asobo: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
I won't be surprised if he steps down for my Daddy. Everybody is Atikulating. Even grandma is atikulating. Nairalanders don't be left behind. For the atikulated if anybody tells you Atiku is not formidable in Adamawa, north east and the north entirely just laugh at them and pass. No need for long argument, we just have few weeks to the election. All hail the Wazirin Adamawa our incoming president come 2019.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by BabaO2: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ndonu101:
Kingsley Moghalu should step down and support the Atiku/Obi Ticket

He will do a good job as CBN Governor

Nigerian politics is quite complex
why do you claim he is supporting Atiku's view? Even at that, both views are wrong. NNPC is a supervisory body, how can you privatise that?

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Backs Atiku On Privatizing NNPC by Deeldorado: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yes...only on the 'who will they sell NNPC too'....which is a valid question.
Yes and on the percentage to be sold. He proposed 49-51 percent public private sector partnership too which I agree with. I agree these are valid questions and issues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: We’re Waiting For Supreme Court Judgement, Kogi Govt Insists / History Of Ibadan (pix Of Old Ibadan) / President Yayi Of Republic Of Benin Showers Praises On President Jonathan -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.