Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Islam and Racism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam and Racism (8654 Views)

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Islam And The Prophet Muhammad / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam and Racism by AbuTwins: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2018
Question

If one finds that there is racism in oneself. How can one rid oneself of this bad trait? This is becoming a problem as people are becoming aware of it and a solution is needed.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) is His slave and Messenger.

Racism is a fatal disease and a very dangerous matter. Whenever it spreads in the community, it divides them into groups and parties. The racists act according to their emotions rather than their minds. Islam totally disapproves of this and strongly condemns it.

Islam teaches us that the origin of all mankind is one; all of them belong to Adam and Adam was created from dust. Allah Says (what means): {O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.} [Quran 49:13]

Allah made different groups and tribes only to allow them to know one another, and not to stimulate boasting or fighting between them. The difference of languages, colors, nationalities and wealth are not criteria to boast and show off. Indeed, the supremacy and superiority are based only on piety (Taqwa, God fearing) and this is something between Allah and his slaves and no one knows its extent except Allah Alone. The location of piety is the person's heart and Allah Alone knows what the hearts conceal.

Allah Says (what means): {…then it is truly from the piety of the heart.} [Quran 22:32]

The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “The piety is here, (and while saying so), he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim to look down upon his Muslim brother. All things of a Muslim are inviolable from his brother in faith, his blood, his wealth and his honor (should be respected)." [Muslim]

In fact, the differences of languages and colors are among the wonderful signs of Allah that proves His Might and Greatness. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said in his last sermon: “There is no preference of an Arab over a Non-Arab, or a white over a black, or a black over a white, except by the (degree) of piety.” [Ahmad]

In another Hadeeth the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said about racism: “Leave it (that call) as it is a detestable thing.” [Reported by Imaam al-Bukhari]

Therefore, racism is totally rejected by Islamic teachings. Muslim scholars and reformers have always denounced it. It has always been the weapon of foolish and arrogant people; by using these hateful feelings they always cause much harm to mankind as a whole.

Actually, the founder of racism is Iblees (Satan) who objected to Allah's Order when ordered him to prostate to Adam.
He claimed: {[Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."} [Quran 7:12]
So, Allah punished Satan by driving him away from His Mercy and Blessings. Therefore, whoever is affected by this disease should fear Allah and try his best to get rid of it, seeking refuge with Allah.

The best way that could help one to get rid of this disease is to ponder over the Quran and Sunnah, and to read the biography of the companions of the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention).

Allah knows best.

Source

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islam and Racism by grtboy51(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2018
4th FTC today

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam and Racism by tasteofcash: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2018
a
Re: Islam and Racism by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks op kiss kiss
Re: Islam and Racism by lapazi(m): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2018
With all the atrocities we read daily being meted on domestic workers all over the Arab world, one can only conclude that racism is a big problem there, yet too many people in the region deny it.

Sometimes i just ponder if they read the Qur'an or practice the sunnah at all.

11 Likes

Re: Islam and Racism by Gweedorian(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Muslim Arabs were the pioneers of the worst inhuman Slave trade in Africa and were the last to officially abolish it even after much pressure from the Western world. So many black African males were castrated and lots of horrors unimaginable to the human mind. Try and read up " Islamic Jihad: A legacy of Conversion,Imperialism and Slavery" by Mohammed Asghar Khan. Very eye opening read. There should be free PDF versions on the net.
Believe it or not you can't have an Arab supremacist ideology like Islam without some form of racism.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam and Racism by Gaddafiyusf(m): 9:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Jothamthompson:
BUHARI must GO

Buhari must go in 2023 you mean
Re: Islam and Racism by Jothamthompson: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:

Buhari must go in 2023 you mean

Yes OK. He will leave for Duara 2019 n back to Sudan 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam and Racism by Demmzy15(m): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2018
TheModsMustDie:
[s]Islam is racist.

Yoruba moslem are not considered pure moslem by the Northern Moslems and they can't lead prayers.

Nairaland is racist also because your forced to accept somebody bla bla bla before you can comment on a Moslem thread.

The mods must die![/s]
Shut up Yoruba Christian, I call prayer in my mosque despite being a Yoruba. The man who leads the prayer who fortunately has the best voice in Qur'an recitation is a Yoruba Man, in fact when the prayer is about to start and the Fulani man is to lead and he sees the Yoruba Man, he quickly withdraws and asks the Yoruba to lead all.

Islam is not like Christianity where Jewish Nnamdi Kanu curses and scolds Igbo Christians from praying near you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam and Racism by Demmzy15(m): 10:07am On Nov 30, 2018
Gweedorian:
Muslim Arabs were the pioneers of the worst inhuman Slave trade in Africa and were the last to officially abolish it even after much pressure from the Western world. So many black African males were castrated and lots of horrors unimaginable to the human mind. Try and read up " Islamic Jihad: A legacy of Conversion,Imperialism and Slavery" by Mohammed Asghar Khan. Very eye opening read. There should be free PDF versions on the net.
Believe it or not you can't have an Arab supremacist ideology like Islam without some form of racism.
Muslims participated in Slavery, not solely Arabs. And such slavery had nothing to do with race, the Turks enslaved many white people, Muslim blacks enslaved other blacks, Black Muslims enslaved whites. But unlike the European slavery where it was based on race and supported by the bible- millions perished, millions were crapped together in ships like logs of wood, some defecated on others, others died along the way, disease was wide spread. You just can't compare mehn!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam and Racism by Stalwert: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2018
Demmzy15:
Shut up Yoruba Christian, I call prayer in my mosque despite being a Yoruba. The man who leads the prayer who fortunately has the best voice in Qur'an recitation is a Yoruba Man, in fact when the prayer is about to start and the Fulani man is to lead and he sees the Yoruba Man, he quickly withdraws and asks the Yoruba to lead all.

Islam is not like Christianity where Jewish Nnamdi Kanu curses and scolds Igbo Christians from praying near you!

Is it his fault? Where is the moderator of this section? Most of this nonsense is because nairaland has become a junk site filled with mentally ill ipob touts

1 Like

Re: Islam and Racism by amalab30(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2018
I have this book downloaded in PDF. Anyone in need could PM me. Sallam!

Gweedorian:
Re: Islam and Racism by 9jamuslimaah(f): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2018
lapazi:
With all the atrocities we read daily being meted on domestic workers all over the Arab world, one can only conclude that racism is a big problem there, yet too many people in the region deny it.

Sometimes i just ponder if they read the Qur'an or practice the sunnah at all.
98% of arabs hate black people, they would rather kill their child than let the child marry a black person even if the person is muslim.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam and Racism by Pataricatering(f): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2018
Racism is a problem but Arab s sold and bought human beings like cattle ! Even prophet Muhammad has slaves - then you will now come and quote the Quran says racism is bad ! - slavery is a million times worse than racism !!!

9 Likes

Re: Islam and Racism by Demmzy15(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2018
9jamuslimaah:

98% of arabs hate black people, they would rather kill their child than let the child marry a black person even if the person is muslim.
This is not true, though some might not like their daughter to marry a black but the vast majority don't mind. The reason why many don't like marrying from others is because of the deep tribal identity. I might surprise you that even a Saudi Lady might not marry a White European man who's Muslims and this has nothing to do with race. Saudis don't even like to marry Egyptian Arab males, the just marry from within their circles. And I'm not ruling out racism in the Arab world, it exists just as every other society but it's not as you portray it.
Re: Islam and Racism by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2018
amalab30:

please how can I get the book?
A legacy of Conversion,Imperialism and Slavery" by Mohammed Asghar Khan.
Re: Islam and Racism by Princejebs(m): 10:46am On Nov 30, 2018
amalab30:

Share me whatsapp 08168062428
Re: Islam and Racism by ollah2: 10:59am On Nov 30, 2018
Africans started the slave trade in Africa and practiced it for thousands of years..
Re: Islam and Racism by amalab30(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2018
I've repsonded to your PM and emailed you bruh. Enjoy!

Princejebs:

Share me whatsapp 08168062428
Re: Islam and Racism by Quality20(m): 11:21am On Nov 30, 2018
igbos and Jews are also among d few tribes who are against racism, just like d facts contained in ds write up
Re: Islam and Racism by proxillin(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
Demmzy15:
This is not true, though some might not like their daughter to marry a black but the vast majority don't mind. The reason why many don't like marrying from others is because of the deep tribal identity. I might surprise you that even a Saudi Lady might not marry a White European man who's Muslims and this has nothing to do with race. Saudis don't even like to marry Egyptian Arab males, the just marry from within their circles. And I'm not ruling out racism in the Arab world, it exists just as every other society but it's not as you portray it.

Show us a picture of a black man marrying an arab lady.

Dont show us an arab man marrying a black lady. Black lady is an infidel. She must be married and converted to Islam... Dont bring that picture here

2 Likes

Re: Islam and Racism by deebrownneymar: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Islam and paedophiles
Re: Islam and Racism by Demmzy15(m): 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
proxillin:

Show us a picture of a black man marrying an arab lady.

Dont show us an arab man marrying a black lady. Black lady is an infidel. She must be married and converted to Islam... Dont bring that picture here
So I should start searching through History of over 1000 years for pictures to present to you an IPOB lazy yooot? grin Bro, you're high on Abakaliki weed!
Re: Islam and Racism by proxillin(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Demmzy15:
So I should start searching through History of over 1000 years for pictures to present to you an IPOB lazy yooot? grin Bro, you're high on Abakaliki weed!

I am from Ife odaye. So stop the Ipob crap.

Post 2 sample. U need not go back 1000 years. Use year 2018

5 Likes

Re: Islam and Racism by Demmzy15(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
proxillin:

I am from Ife odaye. So stop the Ipob crap.

Post 2 sample. U need not go back 1000 years. Use year 2018
So you think everyone is like Nigerians that post pre-wedding pics all over the net?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Two Conditions For A Person's Deed To Be Accepted / What Does Islam Say About Given Alms Or Sadaqa To The Pagans? / Can You Pray For The People Of Bidah After Their Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.