Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Linux or Windows Operating System? - Computers (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linux or Windows Operating System? (31397 Views)

Which Operating System Is Best Mac Or Windows? / Itunes , Winamp and/or Windows Media Player 11 / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by jogego(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2006
Yeah I have seen that page several times but if you do go onto the ubuntu forums, you will see there are several issues especially with the wireless. For me, wireless not working is unacceptable. Also there has been problems getting the function keys and double-clicking working on the touchpad.

I had though that Edgy will sort this things out, but it seems that Edgy has yet to address these stuff though Fedora 6 seems to work much smoother on the macbook.

Well, am not getting my macbook till a few weeks so we shall see how Ubuntu runs.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Niggy(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2006
?why are some people getting hitchy about LINUX. Torvaldo said " if you use or don't use linux you do him no favor, " So the quicker you get this idea of learning and optimizing linux capability to solve your system services the better. I love linux not because of what it can do, but what it makes me to learn. A good system administrator is one who can balance the potential of any OS to maximize profit. If there are things windows is doing fine for you, use it to solve them and if linux is behaving fine on a certain part, all to the good!Linux has been serving me good so i use LINUX ONLY. I would not trade the fact that linux don't not mount the file system of my p910i phone throught the sync station to having to live with viruses on windows who does sees my p910 fine. Hell no! Just relax, with time all these things you ve been enjoying on windows will be ported to linux. Infact some have been already. And if you are losing your patience, you can learn to do them to help others too. oops! Don't forget that the developers in linux are not been paid for the work we complain about. They make no profit. These programmers are just like you. They have to learn new things to improve their skills, so pls stop complaining if linux is not doing you any good. Just leave it.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by allonym: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2006
Niggy:

?why are some people getting hitchy about LINUX. Torvaldo said " if you use or don't use linux you do him no favor, "

Exactly, Linus is right. Do yourself a favor, use Windows.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2006
What can I say? I'm glad to be back. Esquire nice one! You seem to be so sure that I'm a gurl -- here's from me to you kiss. What kinda of phone are you using? I never got the name in your previous threads.

Adewale, hmnn, how can I help you? I have not had an experience with a Motorola Phone, so use my advice without expecting any warranty wink. First ACM is an USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters. That's what the log file you copied showed. So in your case the device you should point to is /dev/ttyACM0.

The next thing is the number you'll dial. It's *99***X# What is X? On my phone (SE K700i), I have 3 internet profiles:

MMS
Access
Access!WAP

in that order. Since I use Access!Wap (AW for short) to connect on my machine, X for me is 3. On your phone it may be different. If you're not sure of the order, you can experiment with all of them. By the way, I can only use AW profile to connect on my machine, the other two don't connect at all.

About username and password, I use wap and wap respectively even though the AW profile on my phone is blank for these fields. Reason: my connection manager (YaST2 modem on Suse) forces me to specify a username and password.

That's about all the advice I can give you for now. Please post any problems you may have. By the way, Ubuntu is very good with things like this. Don't bother about the phone name, it may be a wrong ID issue (that's gist for another day).

I hope that helps?

About the Linux/Windows things , I reserve my comments. Niggy, I'm on your side smiley!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2006
What can I say? I'm glad to be back. Esquire nice one! You seem to be so sure that I'm a gurl -- here's from me to you kiss. What kinda of phone are you using? I never got the name in your previous threads.

Adewale, hmnn, how can I help you? I have not had an experience with a Motorola Phone, so use my advice without expecting any warranty wink. First ACM is an USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters. That's what the log file you copied showed. So in your case the device you should point to is /dev/ttyACM0.

The next thing is the number you'll dial. It's *99***X# What is X? On my phone (SE K700i), I have 3 internet profiles:

MMS
Access
Access!WAP

in that order. Since I use Access!Wap (AW for short) to connect on my machine, X for me is 3. On your phone it may be different. If you're not sure of the order, you can experiment with all of them. By the way, I can only use AW profile to connect on my machine, the other two don't connect at all.

About username and password, I use wap and wap respectively even though the AW profile on my phone is blank for these fields. Reason: my connection manager (YaST2 modem on Suse) forces me to specify a username and password.

That's about all the advice I can give you for now. Please post any problems you may have. By the way, Ubuntu is very good with things like this. Don't bother about the phone name, it may be a wrong ID issue (that's gist for another day).

I hope that helps?

About the Linux/Windows things , I reserve my comments. Niggy, I'm on your side smiley!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2006
Why wount i know you are a lady,cos you emmit some kind of feminine aura wink wink smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy the name of my phone is sagem mys-7. Na micro$haft (according 2 Chxta) smartphone see how you can help me. Cheerio
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Chxta(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2006
We have a similar argument (about Window$ and Linux) going on at Juventuz, and this was someone's reply to a Window$ apostle's assertation that people like Window$ because they don't want the effort to learn Linux:

Paul mentioned that people don't want effort. That's true.

Tried activating a Windows XP licence recently? Microsoft Office licence too? Windows Genuine Advantage (sic) giving you any hassle? Had to reinstall Windows after a serious virus infection? Or do you set up a decent anti-virus, anti-spy/adware and firewall program?

I'm still a Windows user more often than not, but it's becoming a major pain in the ass to use their product.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2006
Well i don't understand why people get hysteric over the mention of the name linux, like its some kind of menace. Allonym you don't say «do yourself a favour a favour use windows» well i don't know what you mean by that statement but you sound 2 me like a conventional windows user thats comfortable with his situation even when he is been torted so Go and search well, most linux user are one time windows power user so what more can you say. I preach linux 2 guys and everywhere i go cos They believe in my capabilities as a window user so check the begining of this very thread most of you advocating windows cannot even convince yourselves SO STICK 2 WHAT YOU KNOW. Cheerio
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2006
most people get scared of linux for a lot of reasons, take an example, the only reason i kept using linux b4 i discovered d [i]wondament[/i] grin of KDE is just determination not to quit. so if every one would start using Kde on their distros that would encourage people to start using linux
also people want to be spoon fed and that what windows gives u can easily recognise your devices not like linux that u wud be looking for /tty what does an average computer user know about that
its easier to learn windows than ever learning linux and thats what the average user wants. They just want simple plain english and thats MR GATES simple but yet effective charm
default Gnome theme is so misleading KDE RULEZ
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Chxta(m): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2006
One of the most common complaints about linux is that it doesn't run application X. "How can I use it if I can't run X?"

Well, I gave it some thought and here is my feeling. First of all, let's clarify one thing. Applications are not like snow flakes - no two are alike. There are lots of applications that do roughly the same thing. If you don't like Ms Office there is StarOffice, OpenOffice, Word Perfect etc. It's just not true that "if I can't run application X then I'm doomed because it has all the functions I need". Of course, it may be the case that X does things in a more efficient way and using Y would take you longer and make it more of a pain. But if you *are* contemplating a change, then obviously things won't be exactly the same as they are now. If you buy a new house, the new kitchen won't be a carbon copy of your current kitchen will it.

To the meat of the issue. What I think is a fundamental error in thinking is "since linux doesn't run X, there's something wrong with it, it's not as good as Windows". This is where I think the user has to accept some responsibility. To give a sufficiently contrived example, if you buy a car from Ford that only runs on gasoline from BP, is it fair to blame Shell for that? Does this make Ford evil? You could say that, they are limiting your freedom of choice. But did you not still give them your money? It's like the iPod example we talked about. If you buy songs on iTunes, you can only play them on iTunes or the iPod. You cannot play them in linux because of DRM. Apple have signed a deal with the recording industry that limits the user's freedom to use media they have purchased in any software/device they might want to, that's a bad thing. But did the user not choose to enter into this contract (unwittingly most likely)? Companies always try to screw consumers, that's why consumers have to be aware of what they're dealing with.

If you base your whole business on one application that only runs on Windows, that's your fault. If Windows stops supporting it and your application suddenly stops working in Windows Vista, you're the only one with a problem. Or if the company abandons the product, again you're screwed. It's called vendor lock-in, you assume that a company will continue making decisions in your favor. So if you say "without application X I'm unable to run my business at a profit", that's your problem, isn't it?

But this doesn't in any way mean that linux isn't capable enough to run the same applications. To give you an example, one of the areas where linux lags behind is professional audio production. All the best known products are Windows/Mac only. So a bunch of audio professionals who like linux and would like to use it for work decided to fix the problem. This isn't my field, so I don't know what the demands are. But today you can take Ubuntu Linux and install a full suite of professional audio production tools (again I can't tell how 'good' they are, but they are created by the people who need to use them) and have a fully functional system. For instance, when you're recording you don't want your computer to suddenly lag and mess up the recording, so there are kernel patches that guarantee a response time in milliseconds to events. This gives you a technical guarantee that your computer will not exceed a certain latency and thus you can be sure that you can record without this concern. The same idea is used in embedded devices, medical devices etc, systems that require a certain response time. Now tell me, can you achieve the same in Windows? I don't know Windows internals, but my guess would be a big fat no.

Like I said in the other thread, there are solutions if you want to find them. There was an article on newsforge.com a few months ago about a publishing house that switched their entire business infrastructure to linux. Now publishing is still a Windows/Mac stronghold. But they spent time looking for linux based solutions and they found them. I bet they had to replace just about every single application they were using, but apparently it was worth it. Of course, this would only be possible as long as there are sufficient alternatives to use.

Finally, I sympathize with people who don't have a choice. I hear all the time that "we use Windows at work, I'm stuck". And that's understandable, there's nothing you can do. If you own the business, obviously you have a lot more power to change how things are.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 12:12am On Oct 05, 2006
Let me start wit you Adewale lets see your sole complaint bout linux is the detection of your phone is that not it? I told you bout my phone and my computer  OS now tell if i were 2 be using a linux phone and linux OS would linux not detect the phone better than windows did 2 my phone?. Now tell me if you take a boy who has no prior computer knowledge and train him with linux alone and all that now ask him 2 work with windows  will he be able 2 stand Windows? Absolutely not. Thats how it
is you've been used 2 window all your waking live so thats why you are finding linux tough. It is not so hard 2 learn its because you are comparing it with linux which you don't have teacher for unlike windows. Chxta i can always relate 2 you thoughtful, educative and informative post keep the flag flying brotherman.
Adewale just got a dvd rom 2day 2 support my cd - rewritter cos i use the later alone before.By the way when did you install Kubuntu or its the KDE at kde-look.org more light. Cheerio
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:35am On Oct 05, 2006
@esquire
lets start this way, its not as if am advocating windows in anyway, cos am tired of pirating. so am considering other options like open source softwares and i mean throwing away windows completely, but i just have to use windows cos of my phone. just yesterday i got rid of over 1300 viruses and trojans after weeks of not being able to access my dos prompt, whats there to advocate. thank God for free laptops for the little ones it wud be running on linux you know. i really miss red hat, those 3 cds had everything not like this ubuntu(amyway its easier a bit) but Gnome is hell.
esquire lets swap cds i'll give u the ubuntu for kubuntu or can u burn it for me thnx grin grin

does anyone know anything about symphony os
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Romulus(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2006
Hey y'all. Simple truth is this. Fine, Linux is a very good operating system. You know, considering all that networking and security shit. I agree cuz i use it, but when is comes to doing the pc job and versatility, Windows isn't bad as well. Linux users all act like they neva started with windows. They just always want to boast of that psycological difference which is not what an ordinary pc user is after. I ain't taking sides tho' but its not like Windows is a bad as people say it is and the thing is those people that SHOUT about Linux have probably not used it or even exploited its real power. O.S na O.S abeg. Linux or Windows.

NB: Can you run Unreal Tournament 2004 on your UBUNTU?

Linux user, Answer now?
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Niggy(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2006
jez! who says UT4 can't run on linux. @Romulus i think these links will be good for you.

http://www.lokigames.com/products/ut/
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/unrealtourn2k4/ut2004-lnxpatch3369-2.tar.bz2.html

With Linux all things are possible!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by Romulus(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2006
RUN IT NOW! GUY, we dey wait u!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2006
@fisayo
i almost got connected to the web on ubuntu i got an article from uncle che and it worked but when i tried changing the number from *99# to *99***3# it says invalid code , i'll copy the result to you later
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 4:27am On Oct 07, 2006
@adewale, hmnn:?$%#
I think you're very near the promise land.  At least your computer is communication with your phone now (anytime you try to connect, you see an indication on your phone, abi?).  As per the problem of X in *99***X#, I think you should experiment from 0-9, one of them will be correct.  I just discovered that my method for knowing X was a fluke smiley.

In my previous thread, I said that X was the index number of the connection profile, e.g on my phone

1 MMS
2 Access
3 Access!WAP

since I was using Access!WAP, mine was 3. I was wrong! Each connection profile has a unique ID (called External ID on SonyEricsson Phones). It is this number that should be X. On my phone for instance, the external IDs of the connection are

MMS 2
Access 5
Access!WAP 3

Can you now see why mine was fluke? The Access!WAP index no and ID are the same. I think the real challenge for you will be getting this number. On my phone it was in the Connection Details section. That's why I said that you should experiment, it's seems faster smiley or you may just check the number that Windows dials when it wants to connect using your phone.

/*Extra info
Just to be sure, I hope that you set your phone to data communication mode. I also discovered something like that on my friend's L6, it's under Connections -> USB -- something like that. I don't think it should be an issue since your kernel has loaded the cdc_acm module (that's the ttyACM0 stuff).
*/

If you eventually get it working, I will love to learn how you did it. Please use that Access connection to browse, it's better than WAP. I've been enjoying it of late smiley.

I'm a click away if you need more clarification.

@esquire
I just have a few questions:
Have you ever used your phone to browse on Windows?
Have you tried any of the steps in my previous (and other) threads?
If you have, at what point are you stuck?

I'm really sorry that I don't know much about your phone but I did love to help in any way. Cheers mate!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by kelewax(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2006
Hi,

I use both windows and linux. But I am attracted to Linux more because it forces me to learn system administration.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Puppy Linux. It is a Small Fast and Superb Linux Distro. Check this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26195.0.html#msg647111
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2006
Have you used Damn Small Linux? It is also quite powerful. I used to have it in my flash a long time ago for instant linux access smiley. I've seen puppy before but didn't know it could do all the things your pointed to in your thread
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by kelewax(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2006
@fisayo

Yes I have used Damn Small Linux. Infact I the latest version. I agree with you that it is powerful, but Puppy Linux is equally powerful and I prefer it for reasons like the ability to run completely in ram and therefore much faster than DSL. It also has the advantage being able to run as a Multisession-cd thus giving one the ability to save data and all your work on the same cd that carries the OS. Perpahps the thing that put me off most is the fact that with DSL the CD Drive is locked up and I can't use it for any other thing.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2006
Hey welcome aboard Fisayo you just seems 2 disappear like that fiam, na white collar job you dey do? Its sad have not even been able 2 browse witn it on windows cos it keeps telling me 2 connect 2 the net for it 2 find a better driver 4 my device after searching the companion cd. As for linux if i connect the device b4 KDE
start and its initialising all the hardware my phone light  will on and will off as if i depress a key on the keypad. The internet dialup configuration that i did will write connecting to access!wap till Jesus come. Frankly all the past tips i did not write them down and i just started yesternight. So more tips will be appreciated. Search for the phone on this link www.gsmarena.com and type Sagem mys-7 on the quick phone search.Will be looking forward 2 some helping stuffs. Cheerio. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2006
@esquire
see dont rely on windows to help you search for your drivers cos i can't find it, what you have to do is to manually search the drivers from ur companion cd cos no manufacturer wud be dumb to ship the phone without its drivers and by the way what service pack are you running, check if your phone needs service pack 1 or two

@fisayo
it keeps teeling me that the ppp dameon died i guess thats becos of our darlin celtel as its an immpossibility to connect during the day
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2006
My very strong point as an engineer is software troubleshooting am not fumbling here its just the truth there's no driver of any such except outlook 2002 and activesync what am really saying is that after prompting me 2 put the cd it really loaded some sort of driver 4rm the cd it usually give error message that my device may not work properly and further troubleshooting brought about searching the driver from the net. I use SP2 and the phone was manufactured 2004 so you know SP2 was launch fully late 2004 or thereabout so you know what i mean. google 4 it 4 me and paste me the link. Why this Fisayo dey run all about abi your surname na Ajala (Ajala Travel)  
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin. Thanks 4 your concern over my device we hope say it works smiley smiley
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2006
@adewale
I really don't think the problem is with celtel. I connect 24/7 with celtel (I bet you do so on windows too). If the PPP daemon keeps dying, there's still something wrong with the config. Do you see any indication on your phone when it is trying to connect? Is it possible to paste the errors you get? There is a command line utility for connection on many Linux distros: wvdial. I will write a configuration file for you so that you can connect with it. I was trying to avoid command line but I guess that's the way forward now. I will first configure it on my machine so please give me some time.

@esquire
Well, I think there's hope for the sagem. Your box seems to detect it well. Do you think you can identify the address of your device as in /dev/ttyblabla. Run

dmesg | grep -i modem

OR

dmesg | grep -i usb

At least one of them should give an indication what points to your phone. See adewale's thread on page 14 for clarification.

You guys should be patient, you will love the experience. By the way, you should be informed that this is basically not a Linux issue, you're actually learning how your phone works - Linux just opened a way for that. I sure hope that you get the *99***X# part, that is very important. If you're successful, you will be able to use your phone with almost any computer device for internet. For example, I use my phone for internet on my PDA via infrared and on my friend's PDA (and my computer) via bluetooth. I have also used a serial cable for connection. The only part that deals with Linux is for it to identify the device and create an address for it (i.e the ttyblabla stuff) successfully.

As Niggy says, if you wanna learn about computing, use Linux! You're on your road to computing freedom! Please chill for the wvdial configuration.

@kelewax
Wow! Puppy is sure powerful. Do you know if it's possible to use it on a microprocessor chip or something like that. DSL can also be run from the RAM but I don't know of the mutlisession thing - that's too much!
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2006
@ esquire am stuck to using my phone's browser cos celtel gprs isn't connecting on d pc. ur problem is ur s.p. @fisayo i feel comfortable wit d cmd line @least its beta looking dan ms dos
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by esquire(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2006
Adewale top of the day 2 you brotherman its sheer non sense for me 2 now revert 2 SP1 as you said and moreover They have the same file structure except the security fix and media player 9 in SP2 there's no much different between the 2. You use KDE now abi and have you been able 2 connect with your phone on linux before you resolve 2 your phone browser.                                                       Fisayo hmmm kia kia b4 person finish reading your post you dey offline  grin grin grin grin grin hey thanks 4 raising my hope concerning browsing on my system. I quite agree with Fisayo what happen is that the internet setting is very stable than wap cos it never gives you all the error that wap is prone like connection timed out, 404 server error, 504 error, etc which you'll never notice if you are using internet setting. Cheerio
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2006
Ok guys, I have gotten the configuration file. I am actually sending this thread from a Ubuntu (Ubuntu 6.0 Live CD) box, using Celtel via my phone (with BT). The configuration details is used to connect are below:

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/rfcomm0
Baud = 115200
Phone = *99***5#
Username = wap
Password = wap
Stupid mode = yes

Yeap, that's all! No story! How to use:
1) Open a terminal. On Ubuntu, Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
2) Type 'wvdial'. This is just to know if it's there.
3) Login as root: type 'sudo su' and enter password if prompted
4) Type 'gedit /etc/wvdial.conf &' OR 'kwrite /etc/wvdial.conf &' to open a graphical editor for your system to edit the config file.
5) Copy and paste the above into the file, as in, either overwrite it or change the parameters above in the file you have opened.
6) Ensure that parameter Modem is set to what your system points to e.g mine is /dev/rfcomm0, adewale's own is /dev/ttyACM0, esquire's is /dev/I_dunno_yet
7) Use the correct number. *99***5# points to Access connection on my phone, find out yours. You can experiment from 0 to 9, at least one will click smiley.
cool Save the file.
9) Go back to the Terminal and type 'wvdial'. If your connection is successful, you can close the editor, otherwise, modify the file to improve settings and try to connect again.
10) Post any errors here, I'm sure there will be someone to help out

I hope you're successful, your patience will be rewarded. By the way, if you're using Access!WAP, don't forget to set your browser's proxy address to 172.18.254.5
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:18am On Oct 10, 2006
@esquire
am not a software engineer but i sha know that sp2 has some issues cos i tried it once. take 4 an example i ran a program on sp1 perfectly only for me to try it after upgrading to sp2 and didn't work. so the possibility should not be totally ruled out. I'll search whatever i get i'll let you know

@fisayo
i guess the problem is from celtel or so, even after connecting my phone to my pc for just 5mins it begins to heat up. A friends sim just got perforated after his phone began to heat up. and i dont get 24/7 access like you do. i doesn't go during the day its only at night that it works and you dont dare disconnect or you'll forfeit it.
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by fisayo: 3:10am On Oct 10, 2006
Congrats adewale, at least you can now browse with your pc. I don't know about the heat issues because it doesn't affect me. Takia
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2006
@fisayo
doget me wrong when i said i connected i meant on windows but am not giving up yet anyway. also the following nos work with my phone
Phone = *99***1#
Phone = *99***2#
Phone = *99***3#
about the heating up stuff it just started so i guess it might not affect yours but i wonder why the phone should be emitting such amount of heat
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by oghos2k(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2006
I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE KNOPPIX LIVE ON CD BY ISSUING THE COMMAND knx_hdinstall BUT AM NOT SURE IF I COULD INSTALL MY MANDRAKE LIVE ON CD.ANYBODY GOT AN IDEA HOW TO INSTALL MANDRAKEI KINDA LIKE MANDRAKE COS IT LOKKS MORE LIKE XP COS OF THE KIND OF KDE DESTOP ITS GOT.GOT ANY IDEA, LET ME KNOW
Re: Linux or Windows Operating System? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2006
na wa 4dis ubuntu self it seems limited i have 2start downloading everything. Just 2run wine i downloaded flex later asked 4 m4 now asking 4 bison i don tire. i wonder why plz help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Windows 8: The Thread / Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.