Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Deleted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deleted (4728 Views)

Attention Moderators: Who Deleted My Comment On Jonathan's Shopping Spree? / post deleted / DELETED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deleted by Abagworo(m): 2:29am On Jul 30, 2010
@chinenyen.it would be wise if you write in centralised igbo because your message cannot be understood by most other igbos.
ChinenyeN:

ikenwan, gbahnuo ya onu l'uka na.

''imee nn'ahu odo m'akwuruzie ni odu''.
Re: Deleted by ChinenyeN(m): 2:43am On Jul 30, 2010
I hear you, Abagworo, but I did not write that for other Igbo. If though, I write for other Igbo, then I'll write in a more generalized way.
Re: Deleted by ikenwan: 3:51am On Jul 30, 2010
lol no worries, I have much respect for Ndi Aro. That was me just making trouble cheesy
Re: Deleted by yarodin: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
I am quite sure these Aro people contributed to the defeat of Biafra. I mean if they could sell their fellow Igbos for some cheap whisky and snuff to the white man imagine what they will do when they were starving inside Biafra. I am quite sure they were the main saboteurs of Biafra, but are here on NR running their mouths screaming for Biafra.
Re: Deleted by abadaba(m): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
yarodin:

I am quite sure these Aro people contributed to the defeat of Biafra. I mean if they could sell their fellow Igbos for some cheap whisky and snuff to the white man imagine what they will do when they were starving inside Biafra. I am quite sure they were the main saboteurs of Biafra, but are here on NR running their mouths screaming for Biafra.
Nna Bros, take am easy. I don't want part two of that nonsense.
Re: Deleted by basktmout: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2010
ziddy:^^^^casketmouth is a mongol born to osu parents.i love this arochuku thread. very educative. now we know why biafra is an exercise in futility.

Ziddy your face is o.s.u and an exercise in futility. Go flush it down the toilet.
Re: Deleted by MaziUche0(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
yarodin:

You should definitely take those words back if you know what is good for you. Aro warriors with our Bende and Ohafia allies showed everyone how a real Igbo man fights!
Re: Deleted by ChinenyeN(m): 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
Commot. Nwa Nmogho.
Re: Deleted by MaziUche0(m): 12:06am On Jul 31, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Commot. Nwa Nmogho.

Sorry about Obegu. We should have kept marching through Ngwaland until we got to the British.
Re: Deleted by ChinenyeN(m): 3:08am On Jul 31, 2010
What's done is done, but sentiments will persist.

Arochukwu does have my respect though, in as much as trade and business is concerned. In fact, in the Igbo film that I'm currently writing, the Aro are specially featured for that very reason.

So, I don't mind you exhibiting Aro pride and posting Aro history. It's actually refreshing, to me. Just don't twist history, while you're at it.

I do have some questions though. .
1. What's the meaning of "Ibini Ukpabi"?
2. Why is the Aro flag designed as such?
3. Do you speak Aro [fluently]?
Re: Deleted by ikenwan: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2010
MaziUche0:

Sorry about Obegu. We should have kept marching through Ngwaland until we got to the British.
Hey now! What's all this, then?
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
Deleted
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
Deleted
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
Deleted
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
Deleted
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
Deleted
Re: Deleted by yarodin: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
Everything this OSU has stated is totally rubbish.  These outsiders are probably some slaves that escaped from somewhere and ended up in Igboland.  Thanks to the good gestures of their Igbo hosts they were able to settle down and start anew.    All of a sudden this bunch of nut cases are claiming that they defeated various Igbo villages blah blah blah blah.  To all these I say bull crap, these "THINGS" were known to sneak around and kidnap unprotected men, women and children,  and sell them into slaves.  These "THINGS" called Arochukwu introduced backstabbing to Igboland, so I guess they accomplished something afterall.
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2010
yarodin,

Your jealousy of the Aro know no ends. Remember the Aro influence can be felt throughout Alaigbo and our communities were widespread throughout Eastern Nigeria.

Should I send my Ohafia and Abam boys after you? They are still our warriors who do our bidding.

It must make you angry that no one talks about your insignificant clan, but the Aro are the most well known of any Igbo clan. So stop spreading your lies. We were business men of the purest excellence.
Re: Deleted by asha80(m): 12:05am On Aug 26, 2010
Funny how someone that says we should get over clannishness is here dis[laying it at its fullest.
Re: Deleted by AndreUweh(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2010
yarodin:

Everything this OSU has stated is totally rubbish.  These outsiders are probably some slaves that escaped from somewhere and ended up in Igboland.  Thanks to the good gestures of their Igbo hosts they were able to settle down and start anew.    All of a sudden this bunch of nut cases are claiming that they defeated various Igbo villages blah blah blah blah.  To all these I say bull crap, these "THINGS" were known to sneak around and kidnap unprotected men, women and children,  and sell them into slaves.  These "THINGS" called Arochukwu introduced backstabbing to Igboland, so I guess they accomplished something afterall.  
Yarodin, your post above is offensive. I only expect such a crap from guys on the other side of the great divide. Not from you my dear.
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 12:15am On Aug 26, 2010
asha 80:

Funny how someone that says we should get over clannishness is here dis[laying it at its fullest.

I am not displaying anything. This is a history lesson for all the naysayers of the Aro Igbo. Aro Igbo history is rich and should not be forgotten. And this thread also correct past statements concerning the Aro Igbo.
Re: Deleted by asha80(m): 12:46am On Aug 26, 2010
EzeUche:

I am not displaying anything. This is a history lesson for all the naysayers of the Aro Igbo. Aro Igbo history is rich and should not be forgotten. And this thread also correct past statements concerning the Aro Igbo.

Which past statements about aro is this thread disputing?

Aro history is rich.Did anybody say otherwise?
Re: Deleted by yarodin: 1:01am On Aug 26, 2010
EzeUche:

yarodin,

Your jealousy of the Aro know no ends. Remember the Aro influence can be felt throughout Alaigbo and our communities were widespread throughout Eastern Nigeria.

Should I send my Ohafia and Abam boys after you? They are still our warriors who do our bidding.

It must make you angry that no one talks about your insignificant clan, but the Aro are the most well known of any Igbo clan. So stop spreading your lies. We were business men of the purest excellence.

Yes business men when it comes to selling innocent men, women and children. For how much will you sell your mother?
Re: Deleted by yarodin: 1:05am On Aug 26, 2010
Andrew I will calm down on my rants but that Eze of a boy started this crap.
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 1:14am On Aug 26, 2010
asha 80:

Which past statements about aro is this thread disputing?

Aro history is rich.Did anybody say otherwise?

Go through the thread and you see which information I am disputing.
Re: Deleted by amazonia(m): 1:56am On Aug 26, 2010
@Ezeuche, man are you nursing possible Aro secession from the greater Igbo ?
Re: Deleted by EzeUche(m): 2:03am On Aug 26, 2010
amazonia:

@Ezeuche, man are you nursing possible Aro secession from the greater Igbo ?

No! I am proud Igbo. We Aro are Igbo to the core and we will never forsake our Igboness for expediency like other groups.
Re: Deleted by ChinenyeN(m): 4:44am On Aug 26, 2010
EzeUche:

The Aros were highly respected and appreciated within the Igbo and non-Igbo lands of eastern Nigeria. The Aro man was regarded as a sacred being not to be attacked, killed or looted of his merchandise, for such an act against the Aro man brought instant punishment on the perpetrators. Given the protection the Aro man had, from both the influence of ibini-Ukpabi and the Ohafia/Abam warriors, he enjoyed free trade within the region
In some communities, maybe. . . but, uhm. . . . let's try to not get ahead of ourselves here. . . .
Re: Deleted by ChinenyeN(m): 4:57am On Aug 26, 2010
EzeUche:

No Apologies for Slave Trade, Says Aro Council of Elders
As in. . . No apologies for the kidnapping of powerless women and children, and no apologizing as well for the use of mercenaries to raid communities for slaves, and also no apologies for effecting an operation that displaced a great many communities and devastated many peoples' livelihoods. Of course, you lot did nothing wrong, whatsoever. So. . of course, you lot have nothing to be sorry for. Nonsense.
Re: Deleted by EzeUche2(m): 5:48am On Jan 31, 2011
Mehn if only I was born during the days of the Aro Confederacy. Nostalgia! smiley
Re: Deleted by PhysicsMHD(m): 6:12am On Jan 31, 2011
Revisionism?

Bush Warfare – The Early Writings of General Sir William C.G. Heneker:

The members of the deputation were blind-folded a day’s march
off, and were sometimes marched round the country for a week before being brought
to the sacred grove. A voice then spoke from the bowels of the earth, and astonished
the, wonderang applicants by the accurate knowledge possessed. A great many of the
members of the deputation disappeared, and were never heard of again; these were
popularly supposed to have been sacraficed to the god, but the Aros really turned
them into slaves. The power of the Aros grew, and the country about was parcelled
up amongst the 14 towns. The buying and selling of slaves, was the Aro merchants’
chief form of business. Towns outside the area were raided, and slaves, pro-cured in
this manner, should the “long juju” not produce a sufficient number. Shortly before the
operations of the Aro Field Force began, the town of Obegu, friendly to the Government,
was raided by the Aros, who massacred some 400 men, women and children. The
objects of the expedition were primarily to subjugate the 14 families of the Aro tribe and
destroy the “long juju,” then to capture the ringleaders in the Obegu massacre.
Re: Deleted by EzeUche2(m): 6:15am On Jan 31, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Revisionism?

Where is the revisionism? I am proud of my Aro heritage. Even though there are some dark elements in Aro History, we still resisted British incursion into the hinterland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Government Defends Makoko Demolition / The Kind Of Raods TA Orji Constructs / Governor Fayose And Wife In His 1960s Official Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.