Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi (22056 Views)

Atiku Visits Kabiru Turaki After He Was Released By Efcc(photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Ekweremadu Over Assassination Attempt On His Life(pics) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2018
gare:
[s]A source said, “He was told that Obi does not have any corruption case against him and that he does not belong to any faction of the party.

“He was also told that Obi’s emergence has further raised the acceptability level of the PDP across the country.”

This is a wonderful credentials, this what Nigerians should be looking for, you think if Obi had any corruption case against him EFCC or APC would not have announced to the whole world, you can see a man running for an election without any skeleton, what APC had on him was that he was a Tribal bigot, which we all handled. My next VP in the making and My Next President after we finish Atikulating.[/s]
Peter Obi has many corruption cases not yet opened by EFCC. EFCC will be pouncing on him soon or as soon as Buhari wins.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by nwanyionitsha: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2018
OfficialAPCNGR:

He's an ethnic jingoist
Take dagger! Oya stab your sef! Oya, fall down and die.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by nwanyionitsha: 8:27am On Nov 28, 2018
MarianaTrench:
Obi may be an Igbo son but we shall still not vote for his party cos the front runner of the party is a well known treasury robber! angry
Speak for your self, you have only one vote.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by gare(f): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

Peter Obi has many corruption cases not yet opened by EFCC. EFCC will be pouncing on him soon or as soon as Buhari wins.

Can you listen to yourself, Pouncing, if they do they would have brought it up now, I am just trying to dignify you by responding to your message , because from your comments it is obvious you are not into politics, try another section maybe Romance or whatever
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Quorax: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

Atiku did the wrong thing. simple. buhari consulted Tinubu before he chose his VP, infact tinubu nominated Buhari's VP but Atiku felt he can do as he likes when it comes to SE. He's wasting his time.
If Atiku can refuse to consult the SE leaders now he's a candidate and even refuse their request, is it when he's president that he will?
u don't like Obi. I have been reading your post since the emergence. U are quick to switch handle to spew nonsense. The masses are the ones to vote. If you are really a big boy person as u claim, u should know that this changes nothing because the people heavily jubilated.

Atiku did the right thing in the face of the igbo masses otherwise, there wouldn't have been mass jubilation among Igbos.

Let's meet at the polls.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 8:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Quorax:
u don't like Obi. I have been reading your post since the emergence. U are quick to switch handle to spew nonsense. The masses are the ones to vote. If you are really a big boy person as u claim, u should know that this changes nothing because the people heavily jubilated.

Atiku did the right thing in the face of the igbo masses otherwise, there wouldn't have been mass jubilation among Igbos.

Let's meet at the polls.
That I dont like obi is neither here nor here. I was the first person on this forum that announce that Atiku will have issues with his peter obi's selection, a lot of people attacked me then, what is happening today? Nobody heavily jubilated except obis well funded social media. Peter obi is not popular on ground. You will see the result in 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Quorax: 8:35am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

u are the only one against Obi on this forum. You are in minority as far as this matter is concerned.

You want Ekweremadu but he can never become the president of this country... Political post is not his birthright. Being in the Senate for years is enough.

Obi rested, run billion dollar deals after his governorship tenure ended. That shows a man that doesn't need politics to survive nor have tendencies to steal public funds.

Ndi Igbo are solidly behind OBI and there is nothing you and ur Ekwere-ewedu can do about it.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Quorax: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

That I dont like obi is neither here nor here. I was the first person on this forum that announce that Atiku will have issues with his peter obi's selection, a lot of people attacked me then, what is happening today? Nobody heavily jubilated except obis well funded social media. Peter obi is not popular on ground. You will see the result in 2019
Nah.. U only said so because u are working for Ekwere-ewedu and you know Obis emergence will spoil is silly presidential ambition

People attacked u are they not the same people u say Obi is not popular?

We go see Las las...

All I know is that Igbos are behind OBI. Nothing u can do about it. Obi didn't sponsor me or my relative's who are in Far East sharing the Atikulated Obediently
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2018
Quorax:
Nah.. U only said so because u are working for Ekwere-ewedu and you know Obis emergence will spoil is silly presidential ambition

People attacked u are they not the same people u say Obi is not popular?

We go see Las las...

All I know is that Igbos are behind OBI. Nothing u can do about it. Obi didn't sponsor me or my relative's who are in Far East sharing the Atikulated Obediently
The people that attacked me are members of peter obi's well funded social media team. On ground peter obi is not popular. Anambra people know him as selfish and greedy man. This same peter obi was chased out of main market when he went to campaign for pdp candidate in the last governorship election. He also lost his ward and LGA to obiano during the same election. 2019 will further confirm my point

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Firgemachar: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2018
goshee:
that's because they aren't follow follow or zombies like othets

And they always end up at the bottom of the totem pole... grin
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by hush15: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2018
TheGreenLand:
Atiku the loser...

Buhari , the nation destroyer....

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by CoolAmbience(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2018
DrDauda:
tongue

My friend shut d furck up. There is nothing wrong with favouring people you know during award of favours as long as merit is not relegated to the background. Hypocrites like you will do the same thing if not worse, if you were in Atiku's position as privatization chairman .just get the furck outta here.

If there is anyone who should shut up, it is you.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Quorax: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

The people that attacked me are members of peter obi's well funded social media team. On ground peter obi is not popular. Anambra people know him as selfish and greedy man. This same peter obi was chased out of main market when he went to campaign for pdp candidate in the last governorship election. He also lost his ward and LGA to obiano during the same election. 2019 will further confirm my point
I am a full blooded Anambra son and I don't know him as such. Obi was the man who cleaned up the haphazard nature of Onitsha entrance and gave way for ease of traffic and other things.

As I am typing this, I am standing next to Ebonyi son as we await a client for a deal. I told him what your likes are saying and he said you won't succeed
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by kingsley989(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2018
MobilityExpress:
Ok, let me get this straight, so Atiku, a party deserter, came back to win PDP presidential nomination and what does he do, he picks a running mate from another party that is a competitor to PDP. What happened to PDP loyalists? And Atiku thinks they will just be happy about it. Lol, ok, just wait till the elections, PDP loyalists will be the ones who will sabotage Atiku by themselves. But it’s none of my business *sipping my tea*
oga shut up.ignorance always killing our people. who told you Atiku chose a running mate from another party.Mr peter is a PDP member,pls next time get ur facts ryt and be ATIKULATED.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2018
Quorax:
I am a full blooded Anambra son and I don't know him as such. Obi was the man who cleaned up the haphazard nature of Onitsha entrance and gave way for ease of traffic and other things.

As I am typing this, I am standing next to Ebonyi son as we await a client for a deal. I told him what your likes are saying and he said you won't succeed
grin grin

It is well
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by deboysben(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2018
oluwasegun007:
Are they still on this obi issue...

They better support him.

He's the closest they've had to Aso rock since 1999..

No matter what happens , if either Tinubu, osibanjo or fashola shows interest after Buhari complete his term, I'll vote them...you know why?? They are my kinsmen.

Igbo people should learn how to play politics in an entity like Nigeria.
I love you for this write up it's shows you are different from other nairaland Yoruba

No tribalism support your own and don't curse others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Ganduri: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2018
MobilityExpress:
Ok, let me get this straight, so Atiku, a party deserter, came back to win PDP presidential nomination and what does he do, he picks a running mate from another party that is a competitor to PDP. What happened to PDP loyalists? And Atiku thinks they will just be happy about it. Lol, ok, just wait till the elections, PDP loyalists will be the ones who will sabotage Atiku by themselves. But it’s none of my business *sipping my tea*

hows that your business? Atiku left power since 2007, Obi was exceptional as State gov perfect choice. Atikulating OBIdiently.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Ganduri: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

Obi was not picked cos of his popularity, he was picked cos of his capacity.
Buhari was not popular until OBJ and the people who decides who got what in Nigeria brought him out and sold him to zombies like you.
Its only Tinubus part of Yorubas that make so much noise about Obi cos of their fear Osibanjo position is threatened.
Ibo dnt betray people, if they dnt like you they say it upfront, I have asked every average Ibo man I know and on.the street, if they cared what the South East governors do or say against Obi? Everyone of them said to hell with the governors. Ikeremmadu is not that influential accross the South East, even in his home state, if he was he should have been the govt by now. But Chime who is.now in the APC cliooed his wings.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by osazeeblue01: 11:54am On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:
We have many better candidates than obi in the SE
Name one.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Opajyde: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Igbos are betrayal, they always look for downfall of one another.Atiku is dining with a losing region of the country.

They can't achieve anything come 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by NonsoWow: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Quorax:
u are the only one against Obi on this forum. You are in minority as far as this matter is concerned.

You want Ekweremadu but he can never become the president of this country... Political post is not his birthright. Being in the Senate for years is enough.

Obi rested, run billion dollar deals after his governorship tenure ended. That shows a man that doesn't need politics to survive nor have tendencies to steal public funds.

Ndi Igbo are solidly behind OBI and there is nothing you and ur Ekwere-ewedu can do about it.
Continue deceiving yourself. Peter Obi and his PDP will lose woefully. That is when you will understand who controls the votes in Igboland. Ekweremadu has given Atiku false hopes of reconciliation. It is too late for the broken relationship to be mended.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Ganduri: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
globemoney:

you are not Ibo, if you are you would know Ibos are not as you think. I have known them long enough to understand their ways of doing things.
Almighty Ojukwu couldnt even win his home state when he contested for the presidency, if Buhari picked Ojukwu as running mate, the best he will get in the East is a divided vote cos Ibos knw Buhari wont do or achieve anything, plus his disdain for Ibos is legendary.
Ojukwu lost out in 2003 not cos his people dnt like Ojukwu, but they knew if they voted him then it means indirectly voting for Buhari. Cos their voting strength cant deliver the mandate.
Now here is the point, wether Atiku picked Adeshina or any Yoruba against an Ibos, Ibos would still support Atiku over Buhari. Thats what you Yorubas dnt get. It has nothing to do with personal or tribal interest, but rather for peace and progress. Ibos knw a prosporous Nigeria means booming business and progress. A fragmented natiin means less business, no peace and turmoil. There have never been a time Nigeria is this divided, since the civil war, Ibos in the North East lost alot of the investements, the South East Not even the N/Central and N/East are in good terms with the North west cos of this failed divisive man Buhari. But as for you Yorubas, its not important, what matters is your position even if the country is thrown into a civil. or religious war, you rather that than join hands to douce tensions and direct the country towards a peace part. Anyways its only a fool that would think if Buhari is elected and after the killings and someone from the South west emerges that the Ncentral, North East, South south and East that bared the brunt would allow Yorubas have a peaceful reign. Keep decieving yourselves.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Quorax: 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
NonsoWow:
Continue deceiving yourself. Peter Obi and his PDP will lose woefully. That is when you will understand who controls the votes in Igboland. Ekweremadu has given Atiku false hopes of reconciliation. It is too late for the broken relationship to be mended.
Is Ekwere-Ewedu the masses?

I say let's meet at the polls please. My joy is that South East is not South West...

We shall see.
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Ganduri: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
NonsoWow:

Brown roofed inhabitant, just because you bare NonsoWow doesnt make you an ibo. lol. Afonja why are you more worried about Ibos than they are themselves? pls face your Failed APC. Ikeremmadu cant even win his state is he can he would be governor by now
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
osazeeblue01:

Name one.
I should name one? I can name a million, even Ngige is far more competent than Obi not to talk the class of Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Sullivan Chime eyc
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by globemoney: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ganduri:

Obi was not picked cos of his popularity, he was picked cos of his capacity.
Buhari was not popular until OBJ and the people who decides who got what in Nigeria brought him out and sold him to zombies like you.
Its only Tinubus part of Yorubas that make so much noise about Obi cos of their fear Osibanjo position is threatened.
Ibo dnt betray people, if they dnt like you they say it upfront, I have asked every average Ibo man I know and on.the street, if they cared what the South East governors do or say against Obi? Everyone of them said to hell with the governors. Ikeremmadu is not that influential accross the South East, even in his home state, if he was he should have been the govt by now. But Chime who is.now in the APC cliooed his wings.
Keep making noise online. Ekweremadu is more influential than Peter Obi in SE. is it not same Peter Obi that lost his own ward and lga during last Anambra poll? The governors have the political structure in SE and currently they are all against Obi. I guess it’s the people you’re asking questions will deliver the SE for Atiku when APC comes with their rigging meechinery. I laugh
Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by Cantonese: 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
DrDauda:

My friend shut d furck up. There is nothing wrong with favouring people you know during award of favours as long as merit is not relegated to the background. Hypocrites like you will do the same thing if not worse, if you were in Atiku's position as privatization chairman .just get the furck outta here.

Thank you for your response to that post. Some people either were very young during the vice presidency of Atiku or simply were not aware of political events of that time. The OP commented on what he did not know anything about.

It was very well known to all that president Obasanjo instituted an economic team. Atiku was handed that potfolio as the head of the team. Who brought in El Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu? Atiku. Atiku brought in most of the members. Obasanjo brought in Dora Akunyili having heard about her honesty in a London hospital.
Atiku as the head of Yaradua movement called the PDM was in control of the then 23 governors leading to the 2003 election. He won the governorship of Adamawa state in 1999 but was asked to drop the ticket for his deputy and become the vice president.
The reason for Obasanjo/Atiku diagreement was
1. the awesome power wielded by Atiku
2. Obasanjo kneeling to beg Atiku to allow him contest in 2003.
Obasanjo's jealousy and anger that 21 PDP governor's were waiting to vote Atiku in the 2003 presidential primary. Tony Anenih had the job of begging them all and appeasing Atiku.
After winning the election Obasanjo (a man who never forgives) chose to take his pound of flesh against Atiku. That is the genesis of the feud between them. The result is Obasanjo's move to damage Atiku's business as he did to Orji Kalu. Seeing Obasanjo's third term ambition Atiku frustrated it and their full scale war started. Obasanjo moved against all Atiku's known companies and it cost Atiku the opportunity in 2007. The rest is history.
Politicians will forever be liars. Okonjo Iweala subdued some well known truths in her book in an attempt to portray herself as very holy.
Intels which is the subject in this money laundery matter is not fully owned by Atiku. Atiku has not been tried because there is no evidence against him and his wife Jennifer. He has the right to contest and hopefully he will win.
When Buhari became head of state between dec. 31,1983 and august 1985 there was hardship in the land. Peoples businesses were destroyed by soldiers and peace taken away. Now history has repeated itself. Hardship in the land and no peace.
Buhari must go.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Atiku Visits Ekweremadu, Explains Choice Of Obi by tiger28: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
Shameless ppl! What happened to "we cannot be slaves to the Fulanis like the Yorubas did"[note : 2 major tribes are insulted in this 1 statement ] What happened to " we dont wnt NOTHING to do with the zoo"[note :Hundreds have wasted/lost their lives on this slogan] What happened to " No lefeledum no erection" JUST few months ago, the WHOLE east was shut down against the ZOO election, why the roundabout Like someone tacidly put it "the igbos do not have the patience or long haul for ANY opposition "
The other day we saw obj son[Buhari youth organisation president ] laughing and embracing his father. Many ppl made different comment but being a smart Yoruba political calculator,Obj knew what he was doing, "you dont put all your eggs in ONE basket. Hausas and Yorubas have almost equal numbers in both pdp and apc so they will ALWAYS win in any election......... What says of this foolish ppl They will be the first tribe to go to aso rock cap in hand after elections. Winning isnt by gra gra but smartness!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Odey Is Dead! / There Is A Plot To Replace Secondus With Bode George - South West PDP Chairmen / Gani Adams: We Monitored Wakili's Activities For Months Before His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.