Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment (4882 Views)

Governor Ortom Of Benue State Sacks Aide Over Mismanagement Of N500 Million / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by PapaBrowne(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
[size=14pt]Akunyili sacks aide over Soludo’s comment[/size]

By Charles Kumolu
ABUJA— MINISTER of Information and Communications, Professor Dora Akunyili, has relieved her Senior Special Assistant Media, Mazi Obi Adindu, of his duties, just as she sent her Media Assistant, Mr. Julius Ogunro, on suspension over what she described as unauthorised response to Prof Chukwuma Soludo.
She also noted that his media aides issued the press statement while she was away on an official trip to China, saying she could not have spoken in the manner the statement about Soludo was couched, no matter the level of provocation.
Akunyili, who said this in a press statement, noted that the mild family misunderstanding with Soludo should not warrant the excessive language and substance of Mazi Adindu’s response.
According to her, “I have just returned from an official trip to China and my attention was drawn to an unauthorized write–up by Mazi Obi Adindu, my Senior Special Assistant, Media, purported to be a response to some earlier defamatory statement by Professor Charles Soludo.
“I feel very embarrassed and saddened by this release issued by my SSA without permission from me. The release is too demeaning and I can’t talk about anybody in that manner no matter the level of provocation.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/28/akunyili-sacks-aide-over-soludos-comment/
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by metalgong5(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
That woman no get shame at all!! . . . . . It seems she is now getting back to her senses.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Shooooo.
Now what!

Where are the Akunyili bashers?
What do you guys have to say now you know she did not make those comments??
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
lol  . . . so we are supposed to believe Mazi whatzhisname made all that up? Mazi whatzhisname knows her well enough to make such comments, even going as far as to pretend she made the statements, without her consent or informing her? She should go a step further and sue him then if that is the case. I wonder if Soludo is going to come back claiming he was in Jamaica and his doppelganger is to blame.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by isimili: 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
The issue between Soludo and Dora is a family one. Dora's official aide should therefore not use time paid for Nigeria to defend a private family matter.

That said there must b e more to it that meets they eye. lets see where this is going.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by adconline(m): 3:50am On Jul 29, 2010
This woman is an attention deficit DIVA!!
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Eziachi: 5:58am On Jul 29, 2010
Whether you call yourself an aide or spokesperson, wading into a family matter to please your master is like wading into a quarrel between and husband and a wife.
Along the way, they will reconcile and you that interfered will become a victim.
Akunyili is the aunt of Soludo’s wife and burial ceremonies always brings the worst out of family member, especially in Igboland.

So both Soludo/Dora’s so called aides should have thread with caution, that this matter is purely a family quarrel and soon rather than later, they will reconcile, as blood is thicker than water as the said.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by sammyzacks(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2010
Some people can be overambitious.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by dustydee: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2010
lets wait and see, i'm sure we haven't heard the last of this.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
OMO IBO:

Shooooo.
Now what!

Where are the Akunyili bashers?
What do you guys have to say now you know she did not make those comments??

If I didn't know better I'd say she was related to you! undecided

Even a blind man can see what she's doing. Covering her ar**se!

From her track record, it's obvious that she said those things . . . and more. I'm not buying her cover story! undecided
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by tkb417(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
Omo Ibo

tht woman is a desperado
she can do anythn to save her neck

How ill her aide just release a statement to attack soludo with the woman knowing about it?

and how come she didnt know about this in China. China peeps dont use internet?

How an issue of that magnitude was not brought to her attention while in China is another lie

she says too much rubbish
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by texazzpete(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2010
As the NAFDAC head, she did a good job.
As the information minister, this woman is woefully inept.

But the Dora worship in Nigeria goes a long way to show how stupid many Nigerians are. And how comfortable they are with their mediocre leaders.

This is someone who lavished a fortune on 'rebranding' Nigeria, which has had absolutely no dent on Nigeria's poor image and who could only list the Dictrict 9 banning and forcing Sony to apologize as her main achievement.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
texazzpete:

But the Dora worship in Nigeria goes a long way to show how silly many Nigerians are. And how comfortable they are with their mediocre leaders.

This is someone who lavished a fortune on 'rebranding' Nigeria, which has had absolutely no dent on Nigeria's poor image and who could only list the Dictrict 9 banning and forcing Sony to apologize as her main achievement.

^^^ ROTFLMAO grin
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Eziachi: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

If I didn't know better I'd say she was related to you! undecided

Even a blind man can see what she's doing. Covering her ar**se!

From her track record, it's obvious that she said those things . . .  and more. I'm not buying her cover story!  undecided

The same can be said of you that judging by your utterance, one will easily assume that you share the same bed with her every night and possibly knew her more than her family.

This scenario is very predictable, because everytime you read about something about anyone now in Nigeria, just scroll down a few pages, you realise that the person speaking is not actually the person quoted but some media assistant and our people can kill for you if it makes them relevant before their breadmaker.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2010
I honestly do not understand the flack this woman is getting.

tkb and Uju
It is obvious that there's a lttle beef or rather misunderstanding between Soludo and Akunyili. Like most other loyal and eager colleagues/subordinates at work her PR/Media team thought it right to respond on behalf of madam with or without her express consent. But how she wasn't briefed on Soludo's alleged utterances in beyond me.

May I refer you to the recent sacking/resignition of Shirley Sherrod in America. The woman lost her job due to untold and unwarranted pressure from the Obama Administration which was in turn brought upon by the media. It so turned out that the alleged utterances made by the woman are not only false but they were also taken out of context.

How Akunyili is covering her behind or being a desperado even after sacking these people i no understand. I'm not sure what other actions she coud've taken to make you guys see and understand how genuine she is in this matter.

By the way, this is a family issue. It'll get squashed in no time.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
Maybe if madame minister didn't have a history of a 'loose tongue' people wouldn't doubt her. . . undecided
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Okijajuju1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2010
How has the Mighty Former NAFDAC boss fallen.

She should never have become minister of Info. she should have rather opted for health or remained with Nafdac.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mazi is a smart guy. Gosh the gut is prolly somewhere in d Bahamas enjoying his pension. Am sure Dora paid handsomely for her loose tongue.
Dora has lost her credibility, her drama is fooling no one.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by mustafar1: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
if she cant control her staff, i wonder how she expects to do the nations job. but as some ppl here say, she is an amazing woman bla bla bla
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by basktmout: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ujujoan:Maybe if madame minister didn't have a history of a 'loose tongue' people wouldn't doubt her. . .   
Your face is a loose tongue.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by philip0906(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2010
@okija_juju
true dat. . .such a pity embarassed embarassed
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Gifo(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2010
@ Okija_j: She actually opted for the Minister of Health position, but politics at the presidency prevented that from happening. But in Nigeria everybody(almost) likes big position and money, so she took what was available.

Now we have seen that the position one occupies can bring the best or worst in one.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by goggs(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2010
My advice to Madam Minister is to resign.

Her family uses thugs to settle quarrels, imagine! She cant control her staff. She couldn't even set/enforce standard protocols for press releases in her own office now using the press aide as a fall guy. She has brought the office of the minister to disrepute. Imagine the damage it would cause to Nigeria if the matter were to be a National matter.

Imagine her saying that according to auditors NNPC is not insolvent when the Managing Director of the NNPC himself put it in writing to the Minister of State for Finance! Which auditor was Akunyili talking about when two months earlier Mr President requested that the Minister of Finance engage a world class auditor to audit NNPC. If the internal auditors of the NNPC were to be believed then why hire external 'world class' auditors to do the job? The MD of NNPC is yet to deny his letter. Any student of economics 101 would know that when your liabilities are more than your income you are broke, simple. The story about NNPC being owed 1 trillion Naira by the FG amid NNPC's own debt of 400 or so billion Naira is just like the banking sector. Whats the difference between 'insolvent' oceanic bank, intercontinental and  NNPC? May be Jonathan should deploy Sanusi as petroleum Minister so he can sack the entire NNPC management and prepare the company for sale. What is good for the private sector is good for the public corporations shikenan.

Back to Akunyilli. As the DG of NAFDAC she performed very well; as a minister, she is a disaster!
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by jokingmary(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2010
Gifo:

@ Okija_j: She actually opted for the Minister of Health position, but politics at the presidency prevented that from happening. But in Nigeria everybody(almost) likes big position and money, so she took what was available.

Now we have seen that the position one occupies can bring the best or worst in one.

Exactly
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2010
Dora is confused.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2010
I think she's plain to the truth.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by chessguru(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2010
@ Post
Prof Dora is very much in order and there is nothing obvious to say she was responsible for the press release except of course the SSA sacked insists she made in the absense of that Prof Dora is very much in order and a respectable person at that. she has done the right thing
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by nnalove(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2010
you can now see for those of you dat were accusing her for allegation leveled against her by pr soludo yesterday. You can now see dat she was not responsible for all d rubbish comment. But all came through her SSA, wen she was away self.you can now imagine dat e lady is with her senses and does not want family matter to speech like gospel. She is d model for our women. So wat ever u say show her some respect cos she worth morethan pr solo wat ever. I ARREST MY CASE
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by sheyee(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
Just like a chess game, Mazi was sacrifice, Madam Dora must be a very good chess player
Sharp babe, grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by shellicon(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2010
If is an Hausa man or Yoruba man dat acted like Dora everybody will clap now dat is Igbo Nigerians will raise an eye-brow.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by Mhmd(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
Waooh!!! Her performance as NAFDAC DG was a fluke, now if the truth be told she is disastrous, very supercilious and a total failure, she better reap all she can now because her political career is ending soon. Power misused can be very dangerous you know … seeking for powers comes with a lot of temptations and if not well handled it really can be ruinous.
Re: Akunyili Sacks Aide Over Soludo’s Comment by kobikwelu(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2010

But the Dora worship in Nigeria goes a long way to show how silly many Nigerians are. And how comfortable they are with their mediocre leaders.

@texazzpete

what is  the work of an information minister??
and let us know how she has not met up with expectations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Owes His Aides Six Months Salaries / 'I Will Dedicate My Life To Jihad'---- Boston Marathon Bomber / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.