Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! (3779 Views)

Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill / Sanusi Seeks Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2010
AjanleKoko:

No need for government to increase anything.
They should just come out with their blueprint for the sector, roles and responsibilities, tariff guidelines, and then do their licensing regime.
Then leave the distribution part to the private sector, and let competitive forces determine the rates, just like it did for telecom.

Now that is a very sensible contribution. They need to seize the bull by the horns.
Re: Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2010
kilakhan:

this man is a disaster. how can you advocate a 200% increase in electricity bills in a country where people struggle to feed themselves? will making more money available to NEPA/PHCN make any difference? what efforts have been made to bring to book all the rogues that have fed fat of NEPA/PHCN all these years? will the increase not correspond with increased fraud at PHCN? i beg make we hear word Sanusi.

Please brother, is the man really a disaster? Is it his mandate "to bring to book all the rogues that have fed fat of NEPA/PHCN all these years"? Is it everybody that is "struggling" to feed himself in the country? I know my gateman and barber do not "struggle" to feed themselves, rather they work just like most of the rest of us. I can understand your initial anger but what Sanusi has "suggested" is plausible enough. This move, even though it will initially strain the consumers especially lower income earners, will ultimately lead to the stability and growth capability of power in Nigeria. (Provided the process is free from corruption).

Personally I prefer attempts be made to remedy the power situation that fail, to wallowing in the darkness indefinitely.

It should be noted that consumers are expected to pay for the KWh they consume. The story here does not have all the information contained in the THISDAY article, which went more into detail on the different payment plans for the different levels of consumers.
Re: Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! by oneminman(m): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
Sanusi shld shut up and stick to what he knows best 'economy destabilization'. When the electricity is available the basic rule of demand and supply will determine the price of electricity. All these men and their know-know.
Re: Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! by koolguy88(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2010
see, this man called sanusi used tax payers money to bail banks, robbing peter to pay paul. now again the same man wants the common man to pay double to PHCN that has never meet up with its requirement for light to the masses; ENOUGH IS ENOUGH in this country, the masses are suffering, let us all join hands and say no to MR Sanusi's plan oooooooooooooooo
Re: Sanusi Seeks 200 Percent Hike In Electricity Price ! by hercules07: 3:59am On Aug 01, 2010
I support Sanusi up to an extent, first charging should be by prepaid meters, two privatize but tightly regulate distribution, also augment generation (don't privatise fully), create local grids that will serve people locally and when there is excess, shift it to the national grid. People who want to invest need to take risks, not everything will be handed to them on a plate, there are millions of customers waiting for them. People should be careful when comparing telecomms to power, you can flash with phones, u can't with power.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo Was Attacked At Lagos Airport. / Get To Know Senator Dantong Gyang | Biography Of Senator Dantong / Lagos Slum's Legal Victory Presents Path To Future For Nigeria's Least Fortunate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.