Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? (961 Views)

ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) / Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years / Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? by ireke(m): 1:01am On Apr 13, 2007
, Now the U.S. Supreme Court has spoken. Let there be no doubt, while I strongly disagree with the court's decision, I accept it. I accept the finality of this outcome which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College. And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession. I also accept my responsibility, which I will discharge unconditionally, to honor the new President-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our Constitution affirms and defends.
Al Gore 2000 Presidential Concession Speech

I am not a politician, and in my personal opinion , I think Atiku as well as his boss and number one accuser are culpable in all the corruption mudslinging. The question is that after all these attempts by Atiku to run and counter attempt by OBJ to prevent him, isn't it hi time he surrendered so that he can fight again. In my opinion (this opinion nor dey finish?) OBJ has taken this fight to a shameful extreme - using ethical and unethical, legal and illegal weapons from anywhere he was able to get them from. Atiku has also shown himself that he is not the coward they thought he was. He has won that side of the battle.

The question is "is it still likely that Atiku will contest on the 21st of April?". Is it not wiser for him to step down in the interest of the nation and our (ever) nascent democracy (?). This does not preclude him from contesting at a later date (2011) if he and his boss could manage to clean up the mess and explain away the can of worms that they already opened.

What is your opinion?
Re: Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? by con9ja: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2007
I think Atiku should just go and sit down, he was vp for about 7yrs what did he do? i am not saying obj is a saint but i think we should start facing reality in this country and stop all this sentiments, Most of the politicians as far as i'm concerned are just hungry for power and wealth they don't really have our interests at heart if not it won't be a do or die affair. If you really want to server you can at whatever level you are, If he really wants to serve the people he and other politicians that won't win should join forces with those that do and move this country forward,
Re: Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? by con9ja: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2007
Forgot to mentioni amnot a politician that's just my peronnal opinion,
Re: Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? by MP007(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2007
thank God for atiku , nigeria is stil with then mentality that a president can mess around, we forgotten that the stupid obj is a democratic president , dang! we stil learning sha, atiku is a scap goat, but tyhnak God for his sacrifice,
Re: Should Atiku Take The Al Gore Option? by osegwu(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2007
Nigerian Politics is survivsal of the fittest, no venture

no success. Each one of them beleive that he will win so

why step down? No one want to be called a looser.

(1) (Reply)

Why Would Someone Kill Another Human Being Over An Election? / April Polls Or Fools / The Best Performing Governor Is:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.