Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam (31867 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Abdukareem Abdullah Is Dead: Igbo Muslims In Enugu Mourn Death Of Chief Imam / Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Ihekenma590(f): 6:03am On Nov 30, 2018
Muslims of Igbo extraction have expressed disaffection against the delay in the appointment of an Igbo Imam for the National Mosque Abuja,  as promised by the Sultan of Sokoto and the President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammadu Abubakar Sa’ad III when the Murshid of the Mosque was appointed. According to the group, The Sultan made the promise to erase any tribal attachment on the Imamship of the national institution, considering the fact that the three Imams under the Murshid are two Hausas and a Yoruba. Speaking under a non-government organization, Igbo Muslim Forum (IMF), the Southeast Muslim faithful explained that when the promise was made, the Igbo Muslims were happy to be carried along by the Sultan in that regard. But it has been too long when the promise was supposed to have been fulfilled. ISI Hijab controversy: MSSN talks tough In a statement signed by the coordinator general and secretary of the forum, Suleman A. Afikpo and Dr. Muhammad Amaechi, respectively, they recalled recent convention convened in Abuja by the South East Muslims of Nigeria (SEMON) where some members of the Igbo Muslim Ummah expressed displeasure over the promise described by some as normal lip service. They said that the matter had become a subject of discussion at every forum of the organisation. “The acquiescence of the President General of NSCIA, echoed further by his Secretary General, published in all the major Nigerian dailies after their meeting of the 6th Extended General Purpose Committee in October 9, 2017, was one pronouncement that placed smile on the faces of every Igbo Muslim. “In readiness, we converged in a general meeting that screened and produced three eligible scholars from amongst us for the duty. Follow-up letter dated 16th April 2018, with Reference no: IMF/NSCIA/18/01 was disseminated”, the statement noted. “For over a year now, there has not been any response to our letter nor the said imamate position filled. While we wait in anticipation, we grieve and grumble at the neglect being meted on us. We humbly want to use this medium to remind the authorities in charge, lest our case be held under administrative redtopism.”  
http://mognews.com/2018/11/30/igbo-muslims-grumbles-over-delay-in-appointment-of-imam/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by computerglobal(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2018
wink
Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by themosthigh: 6:06am On Nov 30, 2018
Nice. It should have been done since.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by ednut1(m): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2018
No comments

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by dokyOloye: 6:07am On Nov 30, 2018
Lolz.
Hausa Muslims wey go still call una arna (infidel)
If fight set,both Igbo and Yoruba Muslims go de run de go Sabongari grin grin

257 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2018
Igbos have Muslim amongst them? shocked shocked

This is one of the most shocking news I read on nairaland

230 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by donofdons: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2018
Agitation

1 Like

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Uyi168: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2018
Igbo-muslim...
That combo nor just follow at all..

190 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by kestolove95(m): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2018
The real Igbos are Muslims

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by kingharzy: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2018
undecided

Ds ones no knw wetin dae sweet dem.

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by ussy09(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2018
Good moves, no discrimination in Islam.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2018
Which one is Igbo muslims grin

mumus

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Geoxplorer: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2018
I love Igbo muslims. I wish i can find a good igbo muslim lady to marry...

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by bashir1451(m): 6:14am On Nov 30, 2018
I am greatly in ur support, Dear Igbo brothers BUT more Patience please since the position is not yet filled out.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by iammo(m): 6:20am On Nov 30, 2018
smiley Igbo Jews want lefelendum, Igbo governors want Igbo service chiefs, Igbo Muslims wants the post of national Imam of the central mosque, Igbo youths want atiku

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by EbonyWoman(f): 6:21am On Nov 30, 2018
smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by centurionpapa(m): 6:22am On Nov 30, 2018
Dear igbo brothers,
There's no ethnicity in Islam. The position should be filled with most knowledgeable scholar.
During the Ottoman empire turks Muslims were the head as against the Arab where prophet Muhammad(S. A. W) himself came from.
Beside imamship shouldn't be coveted

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by technicallyrich(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2018
Dont understand what you mean by igbo muslim.
The muslim from ss and se biafra always do it for a reason for connectio etc like my elder bro asari dokubo.
We only have oyoroba muslim in the entire south
ss and se biafran wont buy that muslim

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:24am On Nov 30, 2018
Look for other options because you will not. it is a promise cheesy
Geoxplorer:
I love Igbo muslims. I wish i can find a good igbo muslim lady to marry...

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by centurionpapa(m): 6:27am On Nov 30, 2018
stupidity:

It's not shocking at all.
Alhaji Abdul azeez ude and the former imam university of ibadanare some of the many prominent igbo Muslims

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Promismike(m): 6:27am On Nov 30, 2018
Ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by dokyOloye: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2018
stupidity:

Yes.
A lot of them.
But dem de behave well because dem drink beer well well grin
No MURIC behaviour at all.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by omoadeleye(m): 6:30am On Nov 30, 2018
Igbos self always feel cheated in every leadership role, they want to be a leader all by all means and yet can't work towards it by proving their loyalty... you have to work towards something and stop having a feeling of entitlement to every...

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 30, 2018
centurionpapa:

It's not shocking at all.
Alhaji Abdul azeez ude and the former imam university of ibadanare some of the many prominent igbo Muslims
enligghten me please. Do they change their name to Muslims name or they still go with their Igbo names? I can’t imagine somone called Emeka being a muslim. Asin it just doesn’t relate. Lol. Please pardon my reasoning. This is the first I’m hearing Igbo being Muslim.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 30, 2018
dokyOloye:

Yes.
A lot of them.
But dem de behave well.
Dem drink beer well well grin
No MURIC behaviour at all.
lol. To be honest I’m shocked. This is the first I’m hearing this. I can’t even imagine a mosque in Onitsha or Enugu with Igbos attending. It doesn’t make sense to me. Please pardon my reasoning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by dazzlingd(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2018
Female igbo Muslims are not rare, for the love of money, these igbo girls readily convert to be with one alhaji or younger rich Hausa boy just to go to Dubai and Saudi

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by Promismike(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2018
ussy09:
Good moves, no discrimination sin Islam.
sure.

Hypocrite!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam by centurionpapa(m): 6:33am On Nov 30, 2018
kaluxy007:
Which one is Igbo muslims grin

mumus
Some of the first igbo Muslims are
1. Alhaji Suleiman onyema the chairman of jamaatul nasril islamiyyah
2. Alhaji Abdul azeez ude
3. Alhaji yahaya ndu
4 Dr sheik salihu okenwa a member of national hajj commission.
The above people at one time or the other contributed to the progress of Islam in their various jurisdiction.
May Allah reward them

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meat Inscribed With "Allah" In Arabic, Seen In UI / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam / Secrets Of A Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.