Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Obasanjo In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo In Lagos (1086 Views)

Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) / Cheers As Atiku Stoops To Greet Obasanjo In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo In Lagos by lakeside4love(m): 9:54am On Apr 13, 2007
2 days to the Guber Election,

He has relocated to Lagos, What is he doing in Lagos?

Has he came to do the same thing he did in Ogun state in 1999 n 2003?
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 10:27am On Apr 13, 2007
He came to Lagos to sow confusion remember when he went to Ibadan some weeks back to confirm Adedibu as the Godfather of Oyo politics violence escalated. When he went to Ondo to label Mimiko corrupt, violence escalated to unrivalled proportion.

Since it is so obvious that Koro is unpopular in Lagos and that Koro would lose he came to do what he knows to do best. I think the man takes pride in seeing his homeland in chaos. What has he done for Yorubas in 8 years? other than to enthrone questionable characters like Adedibu and Akala, Fayose, Koro and set the south west the bedrock of intellectualism back by 60 years by enthroning intellectually disabled people like the above.

Imagine Ekiti home of many Professor governed by a tout like Fayose, Ibadan the headquater of the western region where legends like Awolowo, Akintola and Bola-Ige held sway now in the hands of Adedibu and Alao-Akala and now wants to hand over Lagos the center of excellence to Koro and his thugs God forbid!! We reject them.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2007
@dayokanu

What has he done for Yorubas in 8 years?

Another Cheap Tribalist statement from a Parasitic Elite. So because he is Yoruba he should put integrity aside as though only Yoruba's live in THE SO CALLED YORUBA STATES.

This is very below the belt we are Nigerians. If you have a problem with him let us hear it don't bring in Tribalism. He holds the Office the PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, HE OR ANYONE CEASES TO BE A YORUBA MAN OR TRIBAL LEADER WHEN HE GETS INTO THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT.

Nna Abeg no try to divide us along Tribal ethnic or Dialect line this is very cheap politicking.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2007
What I am saying is that for him to have a say in the politics of the South West he must be able to point to something he has done for the South West.

You can say what he has done for your part of the country. It's a well known fact some part of the country would benefit from a President than some.As bad as IBB was people in Minna like him because he developed Minna. When most of us were celebrating Abacha's death some ppl in the North were mourning him.
If not that the north has enjoyed being President for a long time do you think their roads would be Okay or that they would have more states and Local government ? Why do you think that roads in the North are better than in the south I think it is because more Northerners have ruled and have settled their part of the country. Or why do you think some part of the countryare complaining of marginalisation?
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by ThirdEye1: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2007
Dayo, my man why bother to reply Backslider, don't u know that he's an agent of destruction, he's obviously under the pay of Papa and Pikin.

The name Backslider should take ur mind back to when Kokoro did the same to Lagosians.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2007
@ Dayokanu

I will never go into the gutter of tribalism.

But I will tackle all your question.

What I am saying is that for him to have a say in the politics of the South West he must be able to point to something he has done for the South West.

You can say what he has done for your part of the country. It's a well known fact some part of the country would benefit from a President than some.As bad as IBB was people in Minna like him because he developed Minna. .

Very flawed statement go check Minna those time I know have some that was in Charge a military installation in Minna please don't go there IBB built third mainland in lagos as corrupt as he was. What corrupts this military people is Civilian tuition Most Soldiers don't know how to steal money. THE MILITARY IS A WEAPON SO AS TRIBALISM IS A WEAPON.

You are talking with one that knows the game.
When most of us were celebrating Abacha's death some people in the North were mourning him

well if you were celebrating the death of Abacha that is your right. Please Who are the US you are talking about Yar Aduas family and the rest northern people.

Who is a Northerner? One that speaks Hausa? or a TIVI NUPE KANURI BEROMS IGALA please don't even go there.

If not that the north has enjoyed being President for a long time do you think their roads would be Okay or that they would have more states and Local government ?

You tried tribalism it did not work now you want to HAUSANIZE THE NORTH ( I AM LAUGHING HERE) More of the cheap vermin from the Parasitic Elite. Some people dont know nothing about the so called north. Some of This people have a HIGH INTEGRITY and there are some that are corrupt from toe to teeth. Some dont send your millions. Look at Yar adua he saved 6 billion for his state Lagos that has made 3 trillion naira what did he do ? Should i say the southerners are corrupt? no there are southerners with a High integrity and are ready to die for this cause.

Why do you think that roads in the North are better than in the south I think it is because more Northerners have ruled and have settled their part of the country. Or why do you think some part of the country are complaining of marginalization?

Nna Men Cool down and Check with your state Government how much was released for road then come back to this place and talk. See there is poverty of immense measure in the north some people are studying on the ground in the Northern parts of Nigeria. Check out Ezekwesili's Cry on the situation of Education in Nigeria some thought it was a village in Niger republic or Chad. THE HAUSA TRIBE TOO HAS BEEN MARGINALIZED

LETS US STOP THIS TRIBALISM NOW
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2007
Incoherence at its height
Very flawed statement go check Minna those time I know have some that was in Charge a military installation in Minna please don't go there IBB built third mainland in lagos as corrupt as he was. What corrupts this military people is Civilian tuition Most Soldiers don't know how to steal money. THE MILITARY IS A WEAPON SO AS TRIBALISM IS A WEAPON.

You are talking with one that knows the game
Can someone pls interprete this

well if you were celebrating the death of Abacha that is your right. Please Who are the US you are talking about Yar Aduas family and the rest northern people.

Who is a Northerner? One that speaks Hausa? or a TIVI NUPE KANURI BEROMS IGALA please don't even go there.

What is the correlation between my statement and this response? It ia a known fact that there were wild jubilation in the street of many states in the South. What has Yar'Adua,Tiv, Nupe, Berom and Kanuri got to do with this.

You tried tribalism it did not work now you want to HAUSANIZE THE NORTH ( I AM LAUGHING HERE) More of the cheap vermin from the Parasitic Elite. Some people don't know nothing about the so called north. Some of This people have a HIGH INTEGRITY and there are some that are corrupt from toe to teeth. Some don't send your millions. Look at Yar adua he saved 6 billion for his state Lagos that has made 3 trillion naira what did he do ? Should i say the southerners are corrupt? no there are southerners with a High integrity and are ready to die for this cause.

Still dont understand

Nna Men Cool down and Check with your state Government how much was released for road then come back to this place and talk. See there is poverty of immense measure in the north some people are studying on the ground in the Northern parts of Nigeria. Check out Ezekwesili's Cry on the situation of Education in Nigeria some thought it was a village in Niger republic or Chad. THE HAUSA TRIBE TOO HAS BEEN MARGINALIZED

LETS US STOP THIS TRIBALISM NOW

What is the responsibilty of the Federal Ministry of Works, FERMA etc Do we have Federal roads? And how have they fared? The govt at the centre has failed in many aspect of governance. Pls what is tribalism in all I wrote earlier
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by tobiit(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2007
Na katata baba won cause for Lagos. no be today, he don taiilll undecided
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2007
TRY AND DEFINE A SOUTHERNER OR A NORTHERNER ON ETHNIC LINE YOU WILL FAIL WOEFULLY

ARE THERE ONLY HAUSAS IN THE NORTH? AND ARE THERE YORUBAS IN THE SOUTH?. ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALL THAT SPEAK HAUSA ARE NORTHERNERS ?

YOU WILL GET A MASTERS DEGREE IN LORD LUGARDISM.

THE NORTH IS IMPOVERISHED AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU PROOF THERE IS AN UNCLE THAT WAS HEAD OF MILITARY INSTALLATION.

YOU CANNOT HAUSANIZE THE NORTH IT IS INSULTING TO THE OTHER TRIBES OF THE NORTHERN STATES. HAUSA IS/WAS A LINGUA FRANCA OF THE NORTH STATES

THIS JUST LIKE BECAUSE WHEN ONE SPEAKS PIDGIN YOU ARE AN IGBO GUY OR A WARRI GUY THIS IS CHEAP NOMENCLATURE EVEN LORD LUGARD WILL NOT GET IT THIS RIGHT.

CHECK OUT WHAT THEY HAVE SPENT AND CHECK OUT 3 TRILLION NAIRA THAT BOLA TINUBU HAD AND COME BACK TO ME.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2007
ARE THERE ONLY HAUSAS IN THE NORTH? AND ARE THERE YORUBAS IN THE SOUTH?. ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALL THAT SPEAK HAUSA ARE NORTHERNERS ?

YOU WILL GET A MASTERS DEGREE IN LORD LUGARDISM. YOU CANNOT HAUSANIZE THE NORTH IT IS INSULTING TO THE OTHER TRIBES OF THE NORTHERN STATES. HAUSA IS/WAS A LINGUA FRANCA OF THE NORTH STATES

THIS JUST LIKE BECAUSE WHEN ONE SPEAKS PIDGIN YOU ARE AN IGBO GUY OR A WARRI GUY THIS IS CHEAP NOMENCLATURE EVEN LORD LUGARD WILL NOT GET IT THIS RIGHT

Are you replying to posts in another thread? Who mentioned Hausa in any of the previous posts? You dont have to educate us about the ethnic composition of the north as we all know Northern Nigeria unlike South east and South west is not ethnically homogenious
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by lakeside4love(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2007
@ backslider u r confused,
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Roscodaddy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2007
Shut up backslider,obj is a carrier of bad things,2morrow we shall disgrace him,if he thinks his presence in lagos will give pdp the votes,then he should rethink and retreat to otta farm where he belongs.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2007
@Roscodaddy

Your unalienable right to think so. This is the beauty of democracy you have your opinion and i have mine.

Just don't take up arms because OBJ is a soldier and he knows warfare very well and from what I have seen he has a HIGH HONOR IN THE ARMY.

THE MILITARY IS BEHIND HIM BECAUSE OF SOME THINGS I HAVE OBSERVED HIM. OBJ HAS RANGER SOLDIER MENTALITY AND WHEN YOU HAVE THIS YOUR MEN ARE READY TO DIE FOR YOU.

THE ARMY IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND THERE IS NO NEED TO SHED BLOOD.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2007
Okay this backslider is in Ghana!! So he does not know what OBJ stands for just because he gave you electricity in Ghana. We in Naija knows he stands for confusion and chaos.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2007
@DAYOKANU

YOU LIE THERE AGAIN.

GHANA IS CURRENTLY FACE SERIOUS ENERGY CRISES , SO PLEASE DONT EVEN GO THERE.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2007
Did OBJ give Ghana electricity or not? Do you read posts b4 you reply?
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 11:12am On Apr 14, 2007
no single volt of electricity from NAIJA
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2007
Well it was widely reported in Naija papers that OBJ as part of his big brother moves gave Ghana electricity
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by Backslider(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2007
that is very sincerely false like the others. even in ghana it is reported but i have the real info.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dollyshow(f): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2007
na wa for all these OBJ haters
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by 9ja4eva: 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2007
LOL.Upon that PDP cant still win Lagos State.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by CrazyMan(m): 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2007
What is he doing in Lagos state?

Or isn't he tired of campaigning for that Sicklier (Yar'adua)
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by dblock(m): 2:55am On Apr 15, 2007
It wasn't OBJ's decision to give the 80 megawatts to Ghana. Nigeria is bound to the deal, because of an agreement made in 1987. To back out of the deal would give naija a bad image. Plus 80 Megawatts isn't much and Naija hasn't even started distributing it.
Re: Obasanjo In Lagos by 9ja4eva: 2:40am On Apr 16, 2007
He still cldnt use his weight to influence the votes in Lagos.HAHAHAHHAHAHAH.PDP yeye party

(1) (Reply)

Cry, Nigeria, Cry: / We Won’t Probe Obasanjo – Efcc / Who Says 419 Is An Igbo Thing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.