Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari (23062 Views)

Anti-party: Labour Party NEC Suspends Ag Chairman Apapa, 5 Others / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman / FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Islie: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
By Jude Aguguo Owuamanam

Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has ordered the suspension the Accountant-General of the State, Mrs. Stella Udogwu.

Okorocha also ordered for the arrest of the Branch-Managers of Ecobank and Access Bank over the non-payment of November Salaries of the local government workers in the State.

The suspension of the Accountant-General is with immediate effect.

A statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwemeodo, said that the governor had directed that the October and November Salaries of Workers in the State be paid at the same time in October.

He added that the governor had thought that the directive has since been carried out accordingly, only to be told that the directive had not been adhered to.

The statement quoted the governor as giving the directive when he attended an event to mark the 40th Year Anniversary of the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees, NULGE at the Hero’s Square in Owerri.

The statement said that the governor ordered that the November and December Salaries should now be paid on December 3, 2018, since December 1st and 2nd are not working days, and equally announced N10,000 each for the workers as their Christmas bonus and N2.5m as car allowance for each of the Local Government Directors of Administration and General Services.

The governor said, “From today hence forth, there won’t be any need for any Local Government Worker to try to convert to the Ministry to be able to get to level 17 or become a Permanent Secretary. Today, I have officially lifted the embargo on Local Government Staff getting to level 17. Hence forth, Staff of the Local Government Civil Commission will be promoted to level 17 when they are due for it”.

He added,“I had released the salaries of every Worker in Imo State since the second week of October and so if local government workers are been owed, then somebody must take responsibility of it and will be dealt with according to law. This is a criminal act aimed at disgracing this government. What they do is that, they take the money and put in the bank and collect the interest.”

The governor said “An acting Accountant-General will be appointed with immediate effect and the Secretary to the State Government should direct anybody next to her to act immediately. Your salary must be released and your December Salary shall be paid immediately. All the interests from the salary kept in the bank must be collected and shared to the Local Government Workers who are the owners of the money, I order for the immediate arrest of the Branch-Managers of Ecobank and Access Bank with immediate effect”.

He continued “N2.5million has been approved for each of the Directors of Administration and General Services as vehicle allowance. They could use it to buy their vehicles themselves or the ministry can coordinate it for them. The treasurers will only be given the same when the government finishes the investigation and discover that they are not guilty of the salary fraud”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/okorocha-suspends-ag-orders-arrest-of-bank-managers-over-non-payment-of-salaries.html

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by KanwuliaExtra: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
Time to act to save his skin.
Yeye man! grin
See who dey investigate and suspend pesin?
HYPOCRITE! cheesy

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
Rochas the comedian

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
We warned him that power is transient but he thought eight years is eighty years.

It is well with him.

The low blow he received from his own party is phenomenal and for that he has my sympathy

20 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Lionsbet: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
Is this not the governor that was erecting statutes all over his state.

You spend millions on the statute of Jacob Zuma, pls how much is Jacob Zuma worth?

In other news Have you heard of a new sports betting website designed for you to win big, sit back and read why you should stick with Lionsbet.

¤ Frequent player points, you get point for every game you play with a minimum of #100. And once this point has been accumulated up to 1000 points you can turn it into cash. 

¤Deposit achievement. You get part of your deposit back when you use Lionsbet. 

¤Cash back feature where you get 15% of your winnings if one game cuts your ticket 

¤There is the cash out feature which enables you to cash out at any point in time. 

¤Lionsbet have the highest odds in the market. This is the fact, you can compare. And it has helped me a lot. 

¤100% first deposit bonus up to #100,000 I.e if you deposit #100,000 you get an additional #100,000 which shows in your acct immediately.

¤They have the fastest payout ever. They even payout during weekends. One time I got alert at 6am lol

¤Amazing accumulator bonus when you pick at least 3 games. One of a kind

¤Free giveaways via social media giveaways, just ff them on their different social media platformsp plus free browsing on MTN.

Link on my signature. Bet responsibly!!!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Richdad50(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
The Country's biggest problem is 'Rural Nigeria'. Their gullibility is astonishing but i do not blame them in totality. I blame our leaders who deemed it fit not to educate them so as to gain and retain control.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by yjgm(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nice one Mr governor. This is a progressive government doing it well. Enjoy the festivities Imolites. Don't let haters spoil the party. Okorocha has tried his best.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by tstx(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
Iberibe Governor

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Yankee101: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
You can't arrest any bank manager

They can only disburse money you have through instructions

The power of expenditure lies with the Accountant General. A governor is not a signatory to a State government account. She most likely saw you were giving her an illegal instruction to pay money the state does not have cos of elections and she refused.
Thieves

AGs that have been helping to steal suddenly grow a conscience before elections or handover to a new government

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/183831-disappearance-of-delta-accountant-general-in-bad-faith-gov-uduaghan-says.html

http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/08/osun-2018-anxiety-state-accountant-general-quits-aregbesola-government/amp/

18 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Nonnyflex(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
Saw when they were arresting the branch manager of access bank yesterday by 5pm...well it was an executive arrest with 2 land cruiser jeeps
Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by frankopit: 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Nonnyflex(m): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Yankee101:
You can't arrest any bank manager

They can only disburse money you have through instructions

The power of expenditure lies with the Accountant General. A governor is not a signatory to a State government account. She most likely saw you were giving her an illegal instruction to pay money the state does not have cos of elections and she refused.
Saw the arrest live at bank road
Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Makawhizzy: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
Are those banks owned by the state government because I’m confused now

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Yankee101: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nonnyflex:

All na kalo kalo. Like you said it's executive arrest. Na negotiations. I can't pay you money you don't have. And a governor is not a signatory. If Accountant General refuses to sign we won't pay sh*it.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/183831-disappearance-of-delta-accountant-general-in-bad-faith-gov-uduaghan-says.html

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Apple2: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thou I'm not a fan of his party but I sincerely commend his effort dis period, it will go a long way in peoples life and mean alot to them, thank you sir and God bless you Rochas okorocha, I'm grateful on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Yankee101: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nonnyflex:

All na kalo kalo. Like you said it's executive arrest. Na negotiations. I can't pay you money you don't have. And a governor is not a signatory. If Accountant General refuses to sign we won't pay sh*it..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Apple2: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thou I'm not a fan of him but I sincerely commend his effort dis period, it will go a long way in peoples life and mean alot to them, thank you sir and God bless you Rochas okorocha, I'm grateful on their behalf
Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Yankee101: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
Apple2:
Thou I'm not a fan of his party but I sincerely commend his effort dis period, it will go a long way in peoples life and mean alot to them, thank you sir and God bless you Rochas okorocha, I'm grateful on their behalf

That's the idea. Last minute election largesse and you forget all the terrible past 8 years in power and vote his candidate

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by teemy(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
I doubt he would have ordered for their arrest if the accusation of using the salaries for fixed deposit was not true. Notice also that he directed the accrued interest should be paid to the workers as well.
Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by chairman00100: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
too little too late okoro Bros,
l almost believed you until you said you never knew your order was not carried out, the workers were not paid in your state and you don't know? Haba Bros, we no be zombie na.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by AndLeo(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Politicians are always trying to use bankers to shine. The bank manager cannot disburse the salary without a written instruction from the government.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Vinstel: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
The madman is on the lose cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Bighead9: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
Okorocha dey vex, APC no gree give his In-law ticked. The guy be like a wounded Lion. grin

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Yankiss(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Time to act to save his skin.
Yeye man! grin
See who dey investigate and suspend pesin?
HYPOCRITE! cheesy
Let us give credit when it is deserved. No individual is perfect. You can not tell the character of someone unless he has money and power. You, the same person criticizing him, might be worse if placed in his position. It is possible.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by EmmyDJourno: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
I moved over the ruckus called Rochas the moment he tried to set a very bad example of how States should be run in Nigeria

Such fools don't deserve to be in a place of power, they should be in the bin of Nigeria's political history, he alongside the "Run Around" who has now become Ariticulate grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by 234GT(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
As a state governor, you cant arrest a branch manager. No branch manager of a commercial bank will fix salaries of civil servants to earn interests.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Xkalaban(m): 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
Well in this case I commend his actions by ordering the payment of worker's salaries. Seems the harsh realities of life regarding the current political situation in Imo has started to reset his brain. Kudos to u on this one Cọckroachass Okoronwusa grin

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by ikdaddy01(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
Na today Okorocha will bark like dog? As if he doesn't know that they 've not been paid. Believe him at your own peril.
In imo every penny goes through the gov and Uche Nwosu.
Come back by January and ask the DAGs if they smelt 2.5m car allowance.
We 'll ask the civil servants by Friday if they 've received their December salary.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Buharimustgo: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by chinedu234(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
It still beats me how hooligans and never do wells keep emerging as leaders in Nigeria. The use of I in this story points out the horrific arrogance that directs government affairs. It is indicative of the self assumed emperor status of some of these charlatans.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by kotv: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2018
He needs to stop the charade. We all know why he's desperate to have his son in law take over him. He looted that state completely dry and now he's looking for ways to save himself. Blaming the innocent bank manager will not keep all that's hidden from getting exposed

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Suspends AG, Orders Arrest Of Bank Managers Over Non- Payment Of Salari by Kelklein(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Very reckless directives!..

But some people need be taught some lessons though

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU To Buhari: You Are Slave Merchants Only Interested In Destructive Policies / Seun Okinbaloye Called Daniel Bwala A Hypocrite For Singing Tinubu's Praises / Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.