Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain (47800 Views)

FG Withdraws Power Of Attorney For 40% Shares In Discos From BPE / Gunmen Who Burnt Uzodinma's House Killed 2 Security Aides (Graphic Picture) / Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by aminulive: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this afternoon reveals that the Police security aides attached to an APC chieftain and Deputy Publicity Secretary, Timi Frank have allegedly been withdrawn.

In an Open letter made available to PoliticsNGR, Mr Frank revealed that his aides were withdrawn and a warrant for his immediate arrest has been issued. Read the full letter below;

"It has become imperative for me to use this medium to bring to the attention of the general public, as well as members of the international community that on Wednesday 6th June 2018, the Federal Government ordered the withdrawal of my police security aides. Even though no reason has been given for this sudden action by the police authorities, I believe that it is connected with my fight to preserve the nation's democracy by speaking out against anti-democratic tendencies and clamouring for adherence to the rule of law under the present administration.

I also have it on good authority that a directive has been given for my immediate arrest and detention. It has also come to my knowledge that a frontline Minister in the present administration is going round media houses and online media and threatening them to either stop publishing and airing my views on national issues or face sanctions from the government.

Recall that in recent weeks, I have caused four open letters to be published in major national newspapers. In one of the letters, I passionately pleaded with Mr President to stop security agencies from harassing and intimidating Nigerians especially those perceived as enemies of the administration. I also called on relevant security and anti-graft agencies, to follow due process in the ongoing fight against corruption in the country.

I had equally called on the leaders of the international community, like the President of the United States, Donald Trump, Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres and the British Prime Minister, Theresa May, to prevail on the present administration to respect the sanctity of human lives, uphold the fundamental human rights of Nigerians, stop the intimidation and harassment of innocent citizens; and to make sure that the ongoing fight against corruption is conducted according to the principles of fairness, equity and justice. I had decried a situation where personalities mainly from the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and new Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP) arm of our party, the All Progressives Congress, are being selectively targeted for persecution in the guise of fighting corruption.

I dare say that the withdrawal of my police security aides and from other deserving Nigerians has become the modus operandi of this government in silencing the opposition. Recently, security aides of the President of the Senate, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara were equally reduced. Those attached to Senators and House of Representatives members considered to be critical of the policies and programmes of the present administration are equally being recalled.

I also want to state that impunity in the country is moving from bad to worse as evidenced by the withdrawal of my security and my being marked for arrest and prosecution, simply because I have not ceased to speak up against acts of injustice, intimidation and harassment of Nigerians, since the inception of this government.

This plot against me shows that the Nigeria Police which is supposed to protect all Nigerians has become personalized and is being used to protect only those singing the praises of the present administration. This effectively shows that the last administration was more democratic and tolerant than the present one because, despite my incessant criticism of the Jonathan's administration, he never ordered the withdrawal my police aides, as well as those of all opposition members now in government who were opposed to Jonathan and his government as at that time. This unwarranted action by the Government against me, I must say, is meant to expose me to grave danger and personal harm with the aim to permanently shut me up.

Nigerians had expected leaders in this administration to learn to tolerate criticism from the opposition as a common feature in any democratic setting. Take South Africa, for example, where a member of parliament and leader of the opposition Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party, Julius Malema, often criticizes the President of South Africa without his security aides being withdrawn or him being framed-up for arrest and prosecution.

I want to make it categorically clear, however, that no amount of intimidation, harassment and arrest will make me to close my eyes and mouth in the face of ongoing human rights violations and actions capable of truncating the nation's democracy, being perpetrated by the present administration. I solemnly reiterate my resolve to pay the supreme sacrifice if that is what is required to ensure freedom, respect for human dignity and good governance in Nigeria. However, I want to use this opportunity to inform Nigerians that the present administration should be held responsible should any harm befall me.

Finally, I urge Nigerians to rise up in defence of democracy. I also urge the National Assembly not to relent in providing leadership to ensure the sustenance of our democracy. I equally call on Civil Society Organizations and labour unions not to gloss over glaring threats against the nation's democracy. The time to speak up is now."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-fg-withdraws-security-aides-orders-arrest-ranking-apc-chieftain/

cc: lalasticlala

9 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by HungerBAD: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
What arrogance.

He said and I quote " removal of security aides from deserving Nigerians".

Deserving Nigerians?the deserving Nigerians are those getting harrassed by the SARS every day on the road,while going about their legitimate businesses.

This guy reminds me of all the big Pastors in Nigeria,who go around with plenty of security details,but still tell their followers to have faith in God against Armed Robbers.

SECURITY DETAILS to all Politicians should be removed,so that these thieves can now start understanding what ordinary Nigerians go through.

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by SalamRushdie: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
So do speaking the truth Timi Frank is the latest victim of the Buhari show of shame vindiction... Buhari is nothing but a vile character bred to breed only hate and vengeance... Buhari will not declare killer Herdmen wanted but will declare those that speak up against killer herdsmen wanted .... God help Nigeria

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
shocked. Is not better than framing you up? Besides,you re not in their good books,so let it go.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by CilicMarin: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why should you be provided with security?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Maldek666: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
APC will destroy the zoo.

And I am loving it.

Zoo MUST Fall.

Pro-Biafrans and Biafrans, Please rejoice. Do not let the tribulation get you emotional.

Truth is that we love it when the zoo crumbles.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Modus operandi of assassins...

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
Why should you be provided with security?

Why was it provided in the first place?

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Paperwhite(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
"This effectively shows that the last administration was more democratic and tolerant than the present one because, despite my incessant criticism of the Jonathan's administration, he never ordered the withdrawal my police aides, as well as those of all opposition members now in government who were opposed to Jonathan and his government as at that time"

Timi Frank & all the then PDP "rebels" or whatsoever they called themselves will all continue to recieve their reward.
Jonathan was gentle but you all took it for mumuism. Now enjoy "change" being serve red hot.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ok
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Sirjamo: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
This Okoro is a useless attention seeker

10 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by overhypedsteve(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Two things you need to know about this Buhari's action.
1. 2019 is around the corner and preparations are being made for a "peaceful" transfer of power.

2. When Your Final Research Project is due and you don't even have a topic yet, who would you go to? When your Msc Papers are long overdue for defense but you have no idea how to go about it yet, who will you go to? what about your Phd Research papers? Your Assignments, Your Term papers, your conference papers? who will do all this for you? well I know the answer. we will. we the team of professional researchers with years of experience writing research papers for Nigerian and International Students. We are here for you when you have a deadline that must be met, we are here for you when you are having a marriage crisis and you are too distracted to write anything on paper, we will be here for you in your darkest nights when the thoughts of your recent break-up have ruined your intellectual ability to co-ordinate a research, when your supervisor just canceled your almost completed research and ask you to write a new one we will be there. Whenever you think you can't, Look to those who can. book a research paper right now here https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by flexyrule(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
This Gollum never realized that having security detail attached to him using tax payers money was illegal, he realize after they were withdrawn.

This one day just break.
Good morning Gollum.
Best of luck finding the ring.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Biglittlelois(f): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
The beginning of the end of Apc

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Ahmed0336(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Was he expecting FG to double the number of his security aid after publicly apologizing to GEJ and Rubbishing APC?

Good Morning Timi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by luvguy(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
bullhari has finished dis country....remember u woun't be there forever.....vanity.....

3 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Biglittlelois(f): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Esseite:

Good question

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by bedspread: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari is on his Fast Lane to Destruction

2 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
shocked
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by tolexy007(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Esseite:

dont mind them

7 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Offpoint: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by kpaofame: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin
Ghen Ghen

Action time don reach for senate house, Ghen Ghen Everybori start to throw chairs cheesy

This is exactly what Buhari did in the 80's arrest and detain anyone opposed to his way of leadership whether guilty or not,
He said it recently that People are Guilty in his eyes until proven innocent not the other way round as he was told now, that he wish he can just put on his khaki and lock them all up in Kirikiri.... So much for a reformed Democrat

I am still waiting for update on Babachir's case...or he do not have a case to answer
[b]Jail all corrupt fellows not just the ones that opposes you that is what i clamor for

Afterall corruption is not beneficial to the common man

6 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by nwakibie3(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
the beginning of the end of APC grin

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by zombieHUNTER: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
He has been going around speaking against the tyrant...

He thinks this is democracy? grin

A leopard never loses its spots

Buhari is a dictator

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Blessynokoro: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
nawa o

Meanwhile

IF YOU CAN’T LAST 2MINS OR WATERYSPERM, TRY Bitter Kola and Watermelon Seed (Every Man Needs This!) THANK ME LATER

Click for details

https://m.facebook.com/BitterKolaWaterMelonSeed
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by okolet(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin
Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by seekier(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
No be una make Presidential aspirant before him come win am?

3 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by mayskit4luv(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
When everything was fine whom did you tell?

3 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by mybestlove(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Enjoy your change while it lasts. You advocated for rallies against Jonathan those days.

See your Buhari and enjoy his government. Mad people everywhere.

You asked us to vote for Buhari and we did so, why are you complaining now.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain by Abbeyme: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Is that all??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FCT 25% Requirement: Olisa Agbakoba Saw This Coming / Security Aide Of Governor Amosun - "Robot" Killed On His Way Back From Work.PICS / Don't Share The Video Of Boko Haram Shooting The 5 Aid Workers - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.