Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,391 members, 7,954,569 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie (26032 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by smile11s(m): 2:22am On Jul 30, 2010
[flash=650,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4mo5XjmJdU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 30, 2010
I'm not even going to bother because I wont even understand any crap they say. undecided
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by snowdrops(m): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2010
this is epileptic kparokpoism, fantasmagoric innuendo, pepper-soupism and suya-ism
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by FBS: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2010
shocked grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by IVORY2009(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2010
Were is my dictionary, lol
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by omofat: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2010
It's not even funny. Those guys don't communicate. They whole point of real communication is to pass on some message so that the receiver gets it and great speakers are those who know how to simplify the message and make it easy. If you are unable to present a difficult, complicated idea/concept in such a way that a ten year old would get it, then you have a long way to go in the art of effective communication.

Those guys just show off but then ultimately come across as ignorant.

Just my personal thought undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by DoubleN(m): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2010
The Benin-Ore road is in a state of anomy! Plying the Benin Ore Road is like engaging in the Macaba-dance! Igodo Migodo i haileth thee! grin grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by whiteroses(f): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2010
the fukks competitioprikimpy
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Spyker: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2010
Grammartarian vs Grammartarian (if there is any word like that).
I just pity the children and wives of these men.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by osasp(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2010
snowdrops:

this is epileptic kparokpoism, fantasmagoric innuendo, pepper-soupism and suya-ism
tell them my broda. . .emphasise on the suya-ism tongue
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by whiteroses(f): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2010
^ he get mouth die he thinks words like meniacally flabawhelmed and postogegopropcahac will make us think he can do better and whats okotie saying, panthocrato?? these people should sit their funky ass down jare
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by MeGaStReEt: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2010
omo~fat:

It's not even funny. Those guys don't communicate. They whole point of real communication is to pass on some message so that the receiver gets it and great speakers are those who know how to simplify the message and make it easy. If you are unable to present a difficult, complicated idea/concept in such a way that a ten year old would get it, then you have a long way to go in the art of effective communication.

if you dont understand the grammar other people do
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by omofat: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

if you dont understand the grammar other people do

Clap for yourself.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by paraphase(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2010
undecided
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by MeGaStReEt: 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
omo~fat:

Clap for yourself.

i have just don that

what next?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by whiteroses(f): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2010
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8UlaaTqE0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"[/flash]
he even try there check this.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by omofat: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

i have just don that

what next?

Jump off a cliff and ensure you land head first ? sad
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by SLIGHT(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
nigerians and the grammar syndrome
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by MeGaStReEt: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2010
omo~fat:

Jump off a cliff and ensure you land head first ? sad

ha ha ha ha ha, lol

bros u mean ooo, lol na play i dey follow u dey play, we no dey quarel na, shoooooo

abeg no wish me death, i beg God take you
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin its is as a result of their ewegi eherism in the public of igwemmadu dats causing this so much oyeboism na ewgiesiesm. abeg i no try. them think say na only them sabi talk rubbish for public.if u can find those English words in the dictionary,make una repatriate me go Madagascar or Sudan. olofoisms
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by omofat: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

ha ha ha ha ha, lol

bros u mean ooo, lol na play i dey follow u dey play, we no dey quarel na, shoooooo

abeg no wish me death, i beg God take you grin

oga no vex sir, lol. me sef dey play

u sabi say everybody dey sensitive these days, oya no jump again grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by chealbaby: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
if u una no understand, other do, if you listen to okotie very well after all the big grammar he go still explain am, i know no why some people dey vex the two of them BAM
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Gentle4lyf: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2010
"Mr. Speaker, it is a pitiable disma-bisma, it is regrettably lugubrious that a country that is so blest with human resources and a country that is blest with oil but because of the mismanagement, because of the high-heartedness, because of the meningitinous skeptism, because of the directionless directionlessness, because of the cautiousless cautiouslessness, because of the purposeless purposelessness and because of the planless planlessness that has greeted the oil sector, the vast majority of Nigerians still continue to vasilitate between inexorbitant enthusiasm and irrational irrationality while the microscopic few that have piloted the affairs of this nation live in pleasantest luxury and compleasant soliditude, "

I NO FIT CONTINUE, BUT IN CONCLUSION:

"Mr. Speaker, i'm in perfect miraculum with the prayers of this motion and this is my humble locomati and the locomati as i make without lobabasha"

1 Like

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Jakumo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2010
Who is Pastor Okotie to think that he can compete with the MAIN MAN of GRAMMAR, the Always Mighty, Ever Popular  Grand Exalted Commander of the Dictionary and Beyond, the Right Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon ?

The best Okotie could offer in his video clip were the phrases "Terraquious Globe" and "Quotidian Operation of the Exalted God".   Frankly I was disappointed, bearing in mind that our man Patrick described himself as being maniacally bewildered, as well as overghasted and flabberwhelmed, due to his habit of taking a "bath in the aqua of political crosscurrents" that traverse Nigeria's geopolitical landscape.  There is no comparison between The Master and the poor imitator.

Pastor Okotie was clearly way out of his depth in his bumbling attempt to emulate the One and Only Patrick Obahiagbon.   Pastor Okotie should apologize IMMEDIATELY for his blasphemous rambling, and issue a solelm pledge NEVER to attempt such impudent antics again.   This is an outrage.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by snowdrops(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
Jakumo:

Who is Pastor Okotie to think that he can compete with the MAIN MAN of GRAMMAR, the Always Mighty, Ever Popular  Grand Exalted Commander of the Dictionary and Beyond, the Right Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon ?

The best Okotie could offer in his video clip were the phrases "Terraquious Globe" and "Quotidian Operation of the Exalted God".   Frankly I was disappointed, bearing in mind that our man Patrick described himself as being maniacally bewildered, as well as overghasted and flabberwhelmed, due to his habit of taking a "bath in the political crosscurrents" of Nigeria.  There is no comparison between The Master and the poor imitator.

Pastor Okotie was clearly way out of his depth in his bumbling attempt to emulate the One and Only Patrick Obahiagbon.   Pastor Okotie should apologize IMMEDIATELY for his blasphemous rambling, and issue a solelm pledge NEVER to attempt such impudent antics again.   This is an outrage.
You tell it brother as it really is. weldone.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by tosinaded(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2010
I swear i tut okotie was the shiznit,till i heard obahiagbon!
Guy is a genius!

Instead of hating we should build our vocabs by listening to them. . . .

Obahiagbon's speech on the benin ore road is a classic!

It is sardonic,it is lugubrious. . . .culpability should be placed where culpability is!

Put the fucn blame on them. . .at those hating. . . Put the blame on the useless leaders that has reduced our educatn to nothing
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by dlox01(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2010
omo~fat:

i think YOU have a long way to go. Just coz you dont understand what they say does not mean they are not correct/or speaking crap. To people that understand its music to thier ears and a joy to watch but to people like you its difficult and i think you should go upgrade your skills then you can place such a comment because you are the one that is ignorant
you analyse it, they understand you(1) understand themselves(2) understandz himself(3), u basically understand yourself(1), just step up!!!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by maxtop(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

I swear i tut okotie was the shiznit,till i heard obahiagbon!
Guy is a genius!

Instead of hating we should build our vocabs by listening to them. . . .

Obahiagbon's speech on the benin ore road is a classic!

It is sardonic,it is lugubrious. . . .culpability should be placed where culpability is!

Put the fucn blame on them. . .at those hating. . . Put the blame on the useless leaders that has reduced our educatn to nothing
LWKMD, they are really 2 of a kind but i will go for Obahiagbon anyday coz he makes me laugh and laugh. Here is an excerpt in one of his interview and am sure you cant help but laugh when you finished reading coz the interviewer was confused,

Bosede: Welcome to NTA live from the national assembly
 honorable Patrick Obahiagon 
also known as igodo migodo. You are welcome, sir.

O: The pleasure is mine, Bosede

B: so, how are u today?

0: Very good. In a proper order. Very ready. Always ready for parliamentary work.

B: I know you were at the Edo state house of assembly. So how has your experience in the state assembly prepared you for the challenges of the national assembly?

O: Fantastic. Don’t forget I did 8 years at the Edo state house of assembly and by the grace of the don apticate of the universe, that opportunity has assisted me colossally in dotting the parliamentary “I s” and crossing the legislative “T s” and has put me in good speed for the due discharge of my parliamentary onnus probandi 

, because when you examine the relationship between parliament at the state level and parliament at the national assembly, the difference, if any, is one of a twoodledum and twidlydim, little or no difference.

The only difference of course being that, whereas in the state house of assembly you only impact on a micro pedestal plane, at the national assembly, you are talking at a macro level. So if you ask me, there is a dialogical rapport between parliament at the state level and parliament at the national level. It is one of a micro cossum in a macro cossum.

So in a nutshell, I want to say that my experience in serving as a legislator for 8 years, and my experience when I was leader of the Edo state house of assembly for 4 years, put me certainly in good speed for this assignment at the national level.

B: Is that why you have been a vibrant member of this national assembly as it were?

O: Partly yes. Partly yes. It is terra ferma for me and not terra incognita. It is familiar to me and once you were ceased of the muances of parliamentary discourse and discobolus it follows therefore that it will be familiar to you too, partly
but again, partly it is equally responsible
, for the fact that you cannot succeed as a parliamentarian if you are not cosmopolitan. You must be prepared to immerse yourself in societal dialectics for you to be able to contribute efficaciously in a utilitarian modus.

So, if you are a parliamentarian and you don’t go through the ritual of even reading newspapers, you don’t bathe yourself in the aqua of the political cross currents, then you are going to be deuced, you are going to be paralytic in your contributions. So yes, my experience in the state of assembly has been responsible for my vibrancy in one breathe. At another breathe, my desire to perpetually entrench myself in political, social and intellectual currents have equally contributed in its own stead.

B: So in essence, what challenge are you giving to your other colleagues?

O: Sactas Simplicitas. They must avoid regular big stouting , suyaing , big stouting and peppersouping. Those are not the real issues. They must be prepared to immerse themselves in societal dialectics. They must put their nose to the grind stone. Chief Obafemi Awolowo the ikene philosopher said the difference between me and my other colleagues, was that when my other colleagues are cavorting in the dark alleys, I am in my library working myself 19 to the dozen.

You cannot succeed in life if you are not disciplined. You must be puritanical in your
predisposition, you must engage in an exercise of self purification and mortification, you must engage in an exercise of self abnegation, you must engage in an exercise of spiritual emulation. You must discipline the flesh. You must conquer the flesh. You must allow the spiritual aspect of you preponderate the material aspect, especially when you have been chosen to represent the people. So that at the end of the day, you can really say: vendi, vidi, vicki

B: what is the meaning of that?

O: I came, I saw, I conquered.

B: Sir,just like I told you that you are vibrant contributor to debates on the floor of the house at times does it really bother you whether the people get to understand what you say because of those big big grammar.

O: Well, let me say that I have been maniatally bewildered, in the words of Peter Pan, “overghasted and flabberwhelmed” when I am confronted by people as to what they stigmatize as my verbabodical dimosophy gyrations .But let me use this opportunity to say that I have never set out
, I don’t deliberately set out to confuse my audience. Certain you want me to be dumb, when I talk, they just come, misuse less packadoo . I bet you don’t give what you don’t have, what I have, I give.

B: So what is your parting word to Nigerians?

O: My parting word to Nigerians is to be patient with the president of the country President, Umaru Musa Y’aradua. I appreciate that a lot of people at this time are becoming very critical in assessing the president because they believe that 8 months is enough to chart a visionary trajectory. I share those sentiments, but at the same time, let us not forget that the country was in a state of economical quagmaya, political fantasmagorie and social stupor at the time the president came on board. So I appeal to Nigerians to be a little bit patient with him.

But at the same time, I want to appeal to Mr. President to see the victory in the cause as a wake up challenge, for him to leave the position of recupensy into one of recusansy. 8 months, people should be able to say “this is the direction of Mr. President”. 8 months, people should be able to say “Mr. President’s stance for this”. There is a difference between amiability; there is a difference between decency and activism. The president must leave his position of political, and social and administrative lethargy and take the driver’s seat.

As Mr. President, he drives, and others follow. So whereas I appeal to Nigerians to be patient with him, I equally call on Mr. President to ascend the challenges of governance, and he cannot do that except he take the driver’s seat as the political do edger, the political emir of trans Jordan, and the political major dobo, the buck

the above is culled from: click here

88888888 88888888

After reading the above yesterday, I laughed and laughed until tears almost came out of my eyes. Where on earth did “overghasted and flabberwhelmed” come from. The words I know are overwhelmed and flabberghasted and not the other way around.

And where did big stouting , suyaing , big stouting and peppersouping emerge from. These big ones sound like the grammar of drunk people, after they arrive at cloud-9. This Edo state Honorable definitely takes alcohol, else, when did suya + ing = suyaing become an English word? For God’s sake, even the handful of educated Mallams even haven’t arrived where Hon. Patrick is. What would be the past-tense of suyaing? suya’d?

I bet this Honorable could also explain the following: smallstouting, egunsisouping, ewedusouping, ekikaikongsouping, amalaing, poundedyaming, purewatering, ricing and beansing. I also bet plaintaining would have a place in the political grammatical circle.

Does this Honorable Patrick speak big grammar on purpose? doesn’t he know the elements that make up a good sentence? does adding up synonyms and antonyms in a direct sequence make up good communication – as far as this lawyer is concerned. Is there anywhere within the Nigerian Law profession that mandates lawyer to speak with words comprehensible to the rest of us? I would like to know if he writes big grammar as he speaks.

I was a student Union activist all my years in the University of Benin. Little wonder, as soon as I left the University and finished my Youth Service, I dabbled into the aqua of political arena. If I remember vividly, I contested my first election into Oredu Local Government Area (LGA) as a Councillor only one year after my Youth Service.

I am assuming that as an activist in school he was always winning debates since his co-activists could not understand what he ways saying, or?

He says: “I do not set out to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability” after being asked why he speaks big grammar.

If you have the opportunity to listen to my speeches or debates ten, fifteen years ago, then it would have been a different kettle of fish all together. So, I am convinced that I’ve tried, I am trying and I will continue to try to ensure that my language, or my idiolect is as limpid and as diaphanous as possible.

But, let me say that I am an omnivorous reader and I put my nose on the grinding stone to read for more than 7 hours a day when most innocent men are sleeping, and night marauders are doing their business. I am on my table, in my Library for 7 hours. And that has been on for over twenty years. And like I always tell people, the dictionary for me is not a reference point; the dictionary is a vade mecum, a constant companion.

I spend on the average not less than an hour a day referencing the dictionary for the past twenty to twenty-five years. So don’t be maniacally bewildered if I speak most times, from what I draw while reading. But, really, the intention is not to deliberately befuddle or obfuscate my presentations on the floor.

read on: Patrick Obahiagbon why I speak big grammar

So our guy reads the dictionary and concludes that he understands English? As much as its good to always have a comedian around the house of representatives, I hope his comedy won’t overshadow real issues on ground in the long run, as his colleagues would rather prepare for a laugh than prepare to reason out issues.

This is another one. Check out the seriousness of this guy and the unseriousness of his audience. Is there no line between making a sensible speech and complete jargon?

Lastly, Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon would make a good Pastor, I suppose. All his audience has to say is AMEN!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by omofat: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
dlox01:

i think YOU have a long way to go. Just coz you dont understand what they say does not mean they are not correct/or speaking crap. To people that understand its music to thier ears and a joy to watch but to people like you its difficult and i think you should go upgrade your skills then you can place such a comment because you are the one that is ignorant
you analyse it, they understand you(1) understand themselves(2) understandz himself(3), u basically understand yourself(1), just step up!!!

I didn't say they are "not correct", I said they are not communicating. The whole essence of communicating is to deliver a message that the receiver would understand.

I don't know about you but I would never get on an aeroplane in which your honorable Patrick Obahiagon was the the pilot. Just imagine the plane hitting a crisis situation and the guy has to bark orders to his co-pilot, ***shudders at the thought***

Your guy doesn't communicate. He jumbles up a collection of random big words without any real thread and I would bet my last dollar that you as an individual don't understand him. But it sounds like music to you so you are impressed. If you wan dance why u no kuku buy DBanj CD?

And by the way, what the heck does the higlighted portion above mean? Crikey!!!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Akosbaba(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
These guys are going to be the first set of africans to create new words in the dictionary
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Akosbaba(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
These guys are going to be the first set of africans to create new words in the dictionary
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by kaiosama(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
We need practical in Nigeria and not too much grammar. grammar takes us to nowhere!!!!!!!!!!, so to hell with their grammar. [size=8pt][size=8pt]English is another man's language and doesn't show intellectual capability of a human being.[/size][/size] they just dey help oyibo people actualize their dream of making English language a world language. Nonsense!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confession Of A Boko Haram - Who Trained With Asari Dokubo In Libya / Okowa Warns Lawan: Don’t Vilify Southern Governors / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.