Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? (2194 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2010
Funny, right? But it's a basic truth. Am yet to see a non-yoruba man or woman going to mountains or hills to seek the face of God. Yorubas, especially members of local churches can't do without these mountains. If you do not see him in "Ori-oke Babalola", you'll definitely find him in "Ori-oke Isegun". Could it be genetic, ancestral, or they're just being religious?
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by snowdrops(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2010
cant you guys stop stirring tribal nonsense
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by Acidosis(m): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2010
snowdrops:

cant you guys stop stirring tribal nonsense
take this antonym for your nonsense. . Religious observation
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by snowdrops(m): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2010
you think no one would recognise your ilk here in religion. politics section has become too hot for you eh?

grow up kid, grow up. all this igbo-yoruba juvenile insults have to stop.
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2010
^^ As you can see, I move around the site, spreading like staphylococcus. Politics is hot but am hotter! I'm not stable in the political section because I like disseminating every information from my Pastor, Mentor, my Author and ofcourse my Tutor.
BTW, what do you have to say (topic)?
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by snowdrops(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2010
You sound more like a amoeba to me.
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by Acidosis(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2010
Acidosis:

Funny, right? But it's a basic truth. Am yet to see a non-yoruba man or woman going to mountains or hills to seek the face of God. Yorubas, especially members of local churches can't do without these mountains. If you do not see him in "Ori-oke Babalola", you'll definitely find him in "Ori-oke Isegun". Could it be genetic, ancestral, or they're just being religious?
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by Image123(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2010
Maybe there're more rocks and mountains in their area?
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by jom28gy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
That is where juju are concort,it is a practice of Jewish and Islamic culture,they simply therefore, worshiping culture instead of worshiping God.
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by tpia6: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Only The Yorubas Visit Mountains For Prayers. Why? by tpia6: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
its the need for solitude- are they disturbing you?

you'll still be the one to complain you dont like hearing church service.

(1) (Reply)

Question To The Atheists! / Note: satan In Human form Is ruling a Country / NBM Mourns TB Joshua, Says Filling The Vacuum Of His Death Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.