Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,597 members, 7,843,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President (36739 Views)

Varsity Lecturers, Zamfara Workers, Abia Doctors Celebrate Christmas Without Pay / Zamfara Workers Bid Gov. Yari Farewell / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Daboomb: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
princechurchill:
They should sell zamfara state and turn it to grazing farm

You cannot sell our SHARIA STATE and dash it to Fulani Herdsmen!

They should call that Governor Yerima who lied to us that Sharia would solve all our problems, to come and explain how he is living a life of opulence, marrying underage girls all over the place while people of Zamfara are suffering otherwise, his hands should also be cut-off, Sharia-style.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by tayo4ng(m): 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
Zamfara should be sold to other neighboring state coupled with the killing going on there regularly,
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by gabicon: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
What does Zamfara produce? Nothing, if that is the case how will their government increase salaries?

Zamfara has potential but it takes a leader with a vision to see it and actualise it. Come to think of it Zamfara can be the world capital for cashew nuts or moringa.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by keryj(f): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
And there is heavy federal presence in the state. Just that they are so backward with their stupid Sharia chant.

Lots of big men but with much more almajiri

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by ogene007: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
They should ask Sharia to bring in the necessary investments that would create jobs. Very soon, the only thing that would be done with the ever reducing federal allocation is the payment of salaries. This was one of the states created for the sole purpose of getting more share of the national cake which unfortunately is under steady decline. These are one of the major opponents of restructuring because they exists just for the sharing of national cake. I predict these kind of states to go bankrupt within the next 10 years.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by keryj(f): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
gabicon:
What does Zamfara produce? Nothing, if that is the case how will their government increase salaries?

Zamfara has potential but it takes a leader with a vision to see it and actualise it. Come to think of it Zamfara can be the world capital for cashew nuts or moringa.

Zamfara produces a lot, they are good and focused farmers. You need to see them always serious in their farms. Tomatoes, Onions, pepper, maize, guinea corn, set potato and much more. They shouldn't just be lacking anything food. Just bad leaders in this country
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Chukazu: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Abia state minimum wage is not up to 6k .
The people at NLC are crooks, they only using workers to gain popularity. If they new all the while, what did they do to change it?
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by abbeyty(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
If they will allow me to open a bar or a brothel in their state I promise to pay my workers more than minimum wage.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by mukhcech(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
IshiYANSH:

I'm sad to announce a rape incident in one village in Enugu by Fulani herdsmen. The son of the victim is known as Biguyman. He's a jobless boy and had to drop out of school because his father can't even afford to rent a decent apartment for the family. The poverty is real. I have attached picture of their apartment to buttress my point.

Now the raped woman is lying in the hospital with nobody to help and the son can barely feed to sustain himself. He has resorted to begging on Nairaland. It's a shame we have big men in this country who can't give to the poor and needy.

You know you are Mad.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by udemzyudex(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2018
Suffering and smiling, believe me the mumu workers will still vote in mass for him.

They deserve the kind of government they get, I'm just waiting for an opportunity to fly out of this shit hole.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by TruthinAction: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
khalifjgusau:
Local government workers in Zamfara state are the worst paid in Nigeria as they are still earning N6,000 (less than $20) a month as minimum wage, a far cry from the N18,000 set nationally.

Ibrahim Khaleel, National President Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) made the sensational revelation in Abuja, ahead of the 40th anniversary of the union.

Khaleel said Governor Abdulaziz Yari’s non-compliance with the N18,000 minimum wage, was the real reason he is obstructing the actualisation of the proposed N30,000 minimum wage.

Khaleel, who is also the National Treasurer of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), insisted that the low-earning power of Zamfara residents was responsible for the rising insecurity in the state.

The labour leader noted that as long as the workers were not well paid, there would be no peace in the state.

Khaleel also accused Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau state of not fully compliant with the N18,000 wage. He said council workers in the state only get a fraction of the N18,000.

He regretted that the nation’s local government workers were the most vulnerable in the world.

Khaleel also said the local government system in the country was discriminated against.

According to him, the welfare of workers in the system can only be enhanced if the local government areas are allowed to function well.

On local government autonomy, the union leader said only 12 states had taken their stand on the issue, with nine of them supporting autonomy for the local government and three others voting against it.

http://thelagostimes.com.ng/zamfara-workers-worst-paid-in-nigeria-minimum-wage-n6000/

I just knew it would be one of the of the northern states.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Ugosample(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
IshiYANSH:

I'm sad to announce a rape incident in one village in Enugu by Fulani herdsmen. The son of the victim is known as Biguyman. He's a jobless boy and had to drop out of school because his father can't even afford to rent a decent apartment for the family. The poverty is real. I have attached picture of their apartment to buttress my point.

Now the raped woman is lying in the hospital with nobody to help and the son can barely feed to sustain himself. He has resorted to begging on Nairaland. It's a shame we have big men in this country who can't give to the poor and needy.

what's going on in Nigeria?

How come these fulanis keep acting with impunity and no one in govt is doing anything?
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by tiredoflife(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
PreciousJuice:
Set aside hatred and bitterness, 2019 is around the corner, vote wisely, vote progress, vote to secure the nation's Treasury from getting into wrong hands again, Nigerians are not goats, we are wise, we let the mistakes of the past guide our path to a better future
Also, the most ridiculous propaganda (accusations of impostor) against the present administration shows how desperate and clueless some components of confusion are, these set of individuals are bent on taking gullible Nigerians for granted, taking advantage of them (gullible Nigerians) by feeding them pathetic and ridiculous lies.
This Nation is ours, we don't need them (confusionists) to tell us who is dead or alive, they tried this before but eventually abandoned their perilous course and went into exile, lols
Patriotism is the key to making the right choice in the coming election, we say NO to Treasury looters and agents of backwardness.
God Bless Nigeria.

So ur vote wisely is buhari
U are not wise at all angry
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
mhen dis is ridiculous o. all dis North are uneducated.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
Allylic:
I don't support the idea of been paid #6000 but let us say the truth here..
I have stayed in gusau,zamfara state for two years and I can say that 95% of all those lg staffs are illiterate and they hardly go to work..
It is only in Zamfara state that workers resume 10 and close 10:30..Most of them are farmers..
Gov. Yari pay your workers and stop erecting bill boards everywhere

Ah mitiku
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Gandollar(f): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
khalifjgusau:
Is that all you have to say?
Yes. They are fanatic about religion and it made them lazy. They drool all day doing nothing but observing the moon. The little they are paid I even too much cos they are unproductive.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by somehow: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
Plateau and Zamfara should be forcefully turned to farms!
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Gandollar(f): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
abluck:

Ah mitiku
Pelee jareh
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by BabaAroba: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
kwara state also paid #6000 as minimum wage
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Hardey466(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
Monday Quote
The art of being happy incorporates the ability to see the beauty everywhere and to be able to enjoy simple things. Start your Monday with this art.

I'm aspiring to become UBA campus ambassador.
Help me actualize this dream.

Please Like| Comment| Share to various WhatsApp groups| Use the link as status and plead to friends to like

Thanks��
God richly bless you
I'm grateful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq2tCM_F7wP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=m8zoryvckuz8
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Abagworo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2018
Before you claim to pity them also bare in mind that 6,000 Naira in Zamfara State will feed and cloth you better than 20,000 Naira in Rivers State.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by tsannee(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
Democracy has more harm than good
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by tsannee(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
Democracy has done more harm than good in Nigeria
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Papertrail11(m): 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
a lot of states in the north have to merge even south too ebonyi benue
kwara kogi
most of em are not bankable
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by sean079: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
Actually zamfara local govt staff aint doing nothing throughout the whole month. Only day they resume work is when allocation arrived from abuja. After sharing, everyone goes back to his normal routine. Some are even teachers in public School while some are traders.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by kstyle2(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2018
Princedapace:

God is not going to do anything if we dont do it
Exactly. Simple things that can be done, we always rely on God to come and do it for us. I guess he's the one giving the politicians the outrageous salaries they get

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Belleful: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
evil man. no wonder he is against the new minimum wage. may the God's punish him
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Evergreat2014(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
Allylic:
I don't support the idea of been paid #6000 but let us say the truth here..
I have stayed in gusau,zamfara state for two years and I can say that 95% of all those lg staffs are illiterate and they hardly go to work..
It is only in Zamfara state that workers resume 10 and close 10:30..Most of them are farmers..
Gov. Yari pay your workers and stop erecting bill boards everywhere

You have said nothing but the truth.

I have been here for over 18years. Your assertion is completely true. Lazy lots.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by sonnie10: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
Believe it or not, 90% of workers in that local government don't know how to write their names. Some don't even show up for work in a whole month.

Not that they deserve to be paid less but productivity is important too.
Re: Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President by Bimpe29: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2018
AbdulAzeez Yari deserve to be flogged in public. #6,000 as minimum wage in this time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi / Buhari: Those Plotting Nigeria’s Destruction Will Have Shock Of Their Lives / Meet The Prof. Osinbajo's Pretty Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.