Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi (36705 Views)

I'm Under Pressure To Support Buhari - Umahi / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP / Arthur Eze Donates N1 Billion To Support Buhari, Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by References: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi has debunked the insinuation that South East Governors influence results to help President Muhammadu Buhari achieve 25 per cent of votes in states in the zone.

Umahi made the declaration on Monday in Abakaliki while addressing newsmen, noting that the insinuation was unfounded and blamed such on fake news purveyors in the social media.

“Why do we need to negotiate for the sex of a child when the child has been given birth to? “The fact is that the president remains the boss of all governors and any reasonable governor must respect the president, party differences apart.

“You gain nothing by castigating him and such castigation does not stop him from being the president. “You should rather make him your friend and see how you can get something for your people. “The bible tells us that when the ways of a man is pleasing unto God, it keeps his enemies to be at peace with him,” he said.

The governor noted that those who lived for themselves end up heating the system as they collected their salaries at the end of the month, fed freely among others. “I am in a hurry to change the story, narratives of Ebonyi people so whatever vehicle of peace that I need to join to achieve this, I will join.

“Our people are good in social media but will never go to get their voter cards and will be announcing results,” he said. He enjoined journalists to vote in the elections to enshrine good governance despite their election monitoring schedules. “I expect 90 per cent success in the elections of March 9 and I want you to ask me question on this, that day. “All the prophecies made on this election failed and you (journalists) were the ones propagating these prophecies. “People will just wake up and declare: thus says the lord and this is unfortunate,” he said.

Umahi commended INEC for ensuring a hitch free election but urged it to ensure the efficiency of the card reader which recorded several hitches on Saturday. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/south-east-governors-did-not-influence-results-to-favour-buhari-umahi/

30 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by nrexzy: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
A true governor has spoken...
The people 1st....
Not those busy blasting the President forgeting his your leader and can decided to make ur state ungovernable....

Happy for Ebonyi state with the progress they have made so far ..

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by koolgee(m): 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by FedericGodwin: 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
Yes, this is one of the best and refined people from that region.
Others hate without reasons.
They don't want pmb have just few votes? Jokers

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Anagha123: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
Shut ur mouth, we all know Umahi is a Freind of Buhari and hated Peter Obi. He didn't really campaign for Atiku/obi but was busy campaigning for his re-election. You can see that in the turn out of voters

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
tongue

All these weak votes
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
Pity grandpa is dead embarassedhe'll be cracking up in his grave
right now.. cheesy...Grandpa I dedicate PDPiggs eternal failure and ridicule in your memory...We'll all be having a get together party at my abode..We all should gather round for the sendoff oh! sorry wakekeeping of our beloved loosing looting loosers grin

But buhari aka baba go slow your own sef dey ur body small...
Surround yourself with more knowledgeable and selfless NOT SELFISH people..Thats all thats needed
Remember SELFLESS!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by tribalistseun: 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
This traitor, I pray APGA wins in Ebonyi state gubernatorial election.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by HighKing01(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nigeria will still be a shithole 50years from now

5 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by IjebuWarrior: 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
NONSENSE...

We need some form of revolution in this country ASAP! The rate at which people like Tinubu and all other politicians are looting Nigeria's resources is alarming. Yes, I'm angry and jealous when someone steals my property yet, flaunts it right before my eyes. angry

They all need to be killed! angry

10 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by martineverest(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
the all gagged obi.....kudos to those governors.no time for the Chinese Ibo man

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by BabaIbo: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Them betray Obi no be small, but they will soon taste their own defeat

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by dhardy09: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Traitor you will be humbled like Dankwanbo of Gombe

18 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Viergeachar: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ok
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by awa(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
South East are advance Electorates...They know what they want. They are carried not away by bandwagon. Umahi you are a disgrace

14 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by decencymoni: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
nice speech

1 Like

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Ceekay212: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ebonyi......

13 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by emrys2955: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
hmm you quote where will suit wat u are saying.
you hypocrite who are from your father the devil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
hitch free election?
you are mad o
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by 2fine2fast(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by DonMarkuzi(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
Umahi
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by jchioma: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
Playing safe game.

1 Like

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Wizygreat12: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2019
Close that ur eye in shame

2 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by SIRTee15: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2019
These southeast governors really do ATIKU strong thing.....
Normally, ibo man no dey vote.....
Election results are simply written in governors office or Godfathers house and handed over to INEC to announce....
This time, nothing of such happened and Atiku's yansh was allowed to be displayed in public....
Seriously, Peter Obi na bad market.....
And Nnamdi kanu inconsistency didn't help matters....

19 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Emmaxx: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2019
Well said cheesy
Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by Uchan4u(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2019
Is he trying to say he was working against his party because he is respecting the president?

10 Likes

Re: 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
nrexzy:
A true governor has spoken...
The people 1st....
Not those busy blasting the President forgeting his your your leader and can decided to make ur state ungovernable....

Happy for Ebonyi state with the progress they have made so far ..

But he's going... He insulted Pmb by locking him out of the township stadium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: IPOB Gives Conditions To Forgive Igbo Politicians / Ebele Obiano Dances & Celebrates The Start Of Her Journey To The Senate (Video) / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.