Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM (34228 Views)

Uche Nwosu Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by kirajustice: 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Gov. Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun says he will remain in the All Progressives Congress (APC) to contest the senatorial election in 2019 while ensuring the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He, however, said aggrieved party members who defected to the Allied People’s Movement (APM) have his blessings.

Amosun spoke on Monday in Abeokuta at a stakeholders meeting of the APC which was attended by his preferred governorship candidate and the flagbearer of APM, Adekunle Akinlade.

The governor ’s declaration came as 26 aggrieved candidates of the APC loyal to the governor announced their defection to the APM. Amosun said he had tried his best to stop the defection of Akinlade and other aggrieved candidates.

He vowed to use everything within his capacity to ensure the success of Akinlade and other aggrieved members in their new party.

Amosun also said that he would not support the governorship candidate of the APC, Dapo Abiodun.

“When these people came, they told me they are leaving the APC, I said ‘no’ but I couldn’t stop them. In fact, Akinlade has my full support.

” I am not going to stop him, everything I have, I will use to support him, let them try whatever they want to try, we also have our strategies and I am not going to hide behind one finger.

“I remain in APC because that’s what those people want, they want us to leave APC but they are joking.

“ I will stay in APC to ensure that Buhari wins in Ogun State and to let them know that they can’t subvert the will of the state.

“Every day, I will campaign for President Muhammadu Buhari, we will do everything possible to ensure Buhari wins massively in Ogun, but they should not miss it.

“ I, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun, will not support anyone they are bringing,” he said.

Amosun, who vowed to resist rigging in the state, also pledged to check violence in the electoral process.

https://politicsngr.com/just-amosun-speaks-dumping-apc-pdp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by drkay(m): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
Olowu oduru

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by TheAngry1: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
I don't necessarily like Oshiomole o!, but I like the way he is demystifying these political demigods. That fat pig in Imo wanted to install his son-in-law on the people, same way Amosun wanted to force his candidate down our throats. God punish all of una! I repeat I don't like Osho baba, but on this one o, he has my backing. After the 2019 election, Osho too should be swept away. Buhari till 2023...we ain't playing!

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by ayusco85(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
2019 where art thou? My PVC is itching to send someone bck to his village

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Racoon(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Amosun lost out like Rochas but Buhari sacrificed Amosun to allegedly to secure Tinubu's support.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by WisdomFlakes: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by deepwater(f): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018

Amosun also said that he would not support the governorship candidate of the APC, Dapo Abiodun

“ I will stay in APC to ensure that Buhari wins in Ogun State and to let them know that they can’t subvert the will of the state.

“Every day, I will campaign for President Muhammadu Buhari, we will do everything possible to ensure Buhari wins massively in Ogun,

Another Buhari As,s,s Licker spoted

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by WisdomFlakes: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
This could be really dicey for Amosun and his crew because with this brazen move, he has effectively lost his erstwhile control of the APC structure in Ogun. Osoba and Bode Mustapha (both Egbas) are ever ready to take over and seize control of that structure.

A Buhari victory (since the presidential election will come first) will likely tilt the likelihood and momentum of victory in Abiodun's favour in spite of Amosun's rebellion against his party.

It is now certain that Yewa votes will be split between GNI, Abiodun, and Akinlade. Ogun Central and Ogun East votes will also be hard fought by the major parties. Right now it's still too close to call, but my gut tells me APC will carry the day.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
He better joins the wining team. But which one be APM again?cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by IntellectOzone(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
Your request for Ogijo, Ogun state federal road is granted late... WHY
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Charly68: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
We shall see how the gambit will end ...until you guys waste all you illegally acquired like Daniel you won't be contented.. Bad losers .

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by motherlode: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
The political story is quite here again
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Dareal90s(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
Yoruba's and politics brain, very wise ppl.

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
He should do quick and decamp

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Ice4jez(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
Main characteristics of a confused party
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by linnyx: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
One leg in, one leg out
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by afroniger: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
If Akinlade fails to win the governorship under APM, it would mark the final burial of Amosun's political career as far as Ogun politics is concerned, the same way Gbenga Daniel as sitting governor under PDP was disgraced after his PPN anointed candidate (GNI) lost to the same Amosun in 2011. undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by rofanx13: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
That serves you right
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Jothamthompson: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
Atiku2019
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Pajapaja: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
Jothamthompson:
Atiku2019
In Biafra only

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Petersamuel8(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
if only there will be free and fair election, then bubu is going back to daura

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by salford: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
scammer ni man yi sha.lol
He wants to eat his cake and also have it
Funny some idiot decamped while their ring leader refused to. lol.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by thunder74(m): 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
Or he is afraid they may use Èkìtì and Ọ̀ṣun formula for him if he tries to decamp.
Like Amosu like Okorocha.
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Sakamaje: 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
Amosun should go and sleep. He has lost this one.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Opinionated: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
Good, we will now see who really controls the APC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Asari Dokubo Blasts Nnamdi Kanu / National Headquarters Building "Arewa Youth For Tinubu" Inaugurated / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.