Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife (6100 Views)

APC To Governor Adeleke: Stop Twerking In Lagos & Abuja Nightclubs, Face Govt. / Ooni Of Ife: Things Are Very Hard. We Should Pray For God To Help Tinubu / Buhari: I’ll Finally Crush And Defeat Terrorists Before I Leave In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by nairavsdollars(f): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2018
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife, former governor of Anambra state recently clocked 80 years. In this exclusive interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI in his Asokoro, Abuja residence, he shares his thoughts on the state of the nation and the 2019 general elections. Excerpts:

Congratulations sir on your 80th birthday. What are your thoughts on Nigeria?

My perspective on Nigeria at my 80th Birthday is that it is a monumental failure. This is not the Nigeria for which I led a carol on the night of our independence. I was a headmaster of a small school but I organised a night carol on the day of our independence. We walked around on foot, making merry and praising God. This is not the Nigeria which we celebrated then. That Nigeria ended in 1966 and that is why some older people like us are talking about restructuring. In 1954, our founding fathers chose a structure for Nigeria. It was a federal system with regions as federating units. In those days, Obafemi Awolowo could do what he liked; the same with Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and so on. The result was clear. The World Bank made a statement about Nigeria. During that period, the World Bank said parts of Nigeria were growing faster than the rest of the world. That is because of the structure which enabled the regions to grow at their own pace and made what is happening in the regions belong to the people of the region. I pay tax, you pay tax and there is nothing else except our taxes. So, anybody whether a Premier or Governor knows that he is investing the money of our sweat. Now, things have changed. The Prime Minister of Britain, Theresa May came and said Nigeria is now the poverty capital in the world; the leader of poverty. We couldn’t challenge her because she said the truth. Nigeria which produced things and we were referred as the fastest growing in the world is now referred to as the leader of poverty.

What do you think has changed between then and now?

What changed was that that structure agreed by our founding fathers was junked. Because of the coup, there was a threat of war and we literally fought war. The Nigerian military naturally wanted something that is fast in defeating Biafra, so they said one way to defeat Biafra easily was to isolate the Igbo from the rest of the South East. So, they decided to create states leading to the creation of 12 states. Therefore they succeeded really in isolating the Igbo. It would have been alright if after the war we had gone back to the regions, but we didn’t. Instead, the Northern leaders of Nigeria were creating states and local governments without giving any attention to fairness. We ended up with 36 states and 774 local governments. The military did not care, they just allow things to go the way they chose because they are a unitary government and therefore, they wanted everything centred in the capital. So, Nigeria collapsed. As I said it and I am now reiterating it, the military who ruled Nigeria ruined the country. Now, we have no choice if we want Nigeria to progress, we must restructure and allow Nigeria to go back to the agreed structure.

One of the agenda on the manifesto of the APC is the issue of restructuring. Why do you think the ruling party has refused to do that almost four years after being in government?

Well, I don’t know. APC and Buhari their presidential candidate made many promises. At one stage, people were even joking with their name saying ‘APC means All Promises Cancelled’. So, APC made promises it did not keep. They promised change, but there was change from frying pan to fire. Exchange rate, petrol price and every other things they promised they will do, they did not do. We thought they understood what they were saying about restructuring and therefore they will go ahead and do it. When they did not restructure and are even opposed to it, it becomes clear that APC is not for the strength of Nigeria. So, we of the South- East, South- South, South- West and Middle Belt have decided that we will support the candidate who is serious about restructuring. It is one of the reasons why Atiku is the first. Atiku started with the agitation for restructuring before me and before most of us. But we hear that he may not do it after he has been elected. We believe that it is a campaign of calumny against him. But if we give him six months and he doesn’t do it, we begin to fight him. I had a meeting with the Middle Belt just before you came in and we agreed on one thing. We will support Atiku all the way but if after six months he has done nothing about restructuring, we begin to fight him all the way.

The APC is telling the people of the South East to support President Buhari now and get the presidency in 2023, do you see them fulfilling this promise when the time comes?

I was a guest on a programme at Arise Television and somebody asked me that question. The major problem I have is that I believe in the restructuring of Nigeria, therefore, the permanence of one Nigeria is my interest. The way Nigeria is going now, there can be no guarantee that Nigeria will survive another two years. If Nigeria does not survive another two years, what then is the use of Igbo presidency by 2023? There will be no Nigeria to govern. Therefore anybody telling you about 2023 must be joking because Nigeria may not last till that time.

Do you think this is what IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu is agitating for, that is the restructuring of Nigeria?

Yes but I don’t understand everything about IPOB. For example, they said no elections in 2019. Is it for Buhari to continue in office or what is the reason for that? They said no election in Anambra. I tried to come in and convince them about it. If Nnamdi Kanu were around, I will like to have a conversation with him because he is spoiling his name by talking about no election.

The election is around the corner and there is an upsurge in insecurity, do you think this may affect the elections?

That is what I am telling you that our country may not last beyond 2021 or 2022. Therefore we should all pray for peace to return for Nigeria to survive and for APC to go. I am not a member of PDP or APC but I always like to tell the truth. The APC has failed completely. There is no need to pretend. It is total failure and that is not good for Nigeria. Anybody who is a good Nigerian will not want this party to continue.
https://www.independent.ng/nigerians-should-pray-for-apc-to-leave-in-2019-ezeife/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Homeboiy: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2018
Your opinion sir

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by CarGuideNG: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2018
If a solution to a problem isn't working, the answer is to try another.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

We have customized VIN Checks and reports for car buyers to ensure you don't end up with cars with dangerous and hidden damage history this holiday season.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8259720_20181204085552_jpegccf87edfe98ea2d6a277c4c616323ce9

Signature.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by jerryunit48: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2018
Me vote for APC?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by zombieHUNTER: 7:08am On Dec 04, 2018
APc is Evil

Only blood drinkers chant sai barber

26 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by YoungLionken(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2018
It's only a child or a fool that needs to be told about the APCheat, how they've plunged Nigerians into hardship and agony. PMB is a senile who cannot give a sound reasonable speech as the president, his ministers are being inflicted by the virus, military have been reduced to boyscout, parents, children are complaining no money, insecurity, the deteriorating state of power, scarcity, and I can go on and on but... Let's not only pray but visit our designated polling centers to cast our votes for PDP... Sowore and others lack what it takes(experience) to rule, being good isn't enough reason to rule a nation like Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2018
F. T. C for the first time in 19,000 years wink grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by lanrexdo(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2018
They are all talking about party. why not just let us have better politicians rather than party this and that. The people are all the same.. APC ooo.. PDP oo.. They are usless mf that only think about there pocket and the future of there children!

Let us get thing right here in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Abfinest007(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2018
only pray won*t do it .go n get ur pvc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by naija01: 7:09am On Dec 04, 2018
Both APC & PDP Should leave...

AAC is the New Sheriff in town...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by constant1960: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2018
Like for Buhari

Share For Atiku

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by sulasa07(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2018
Pray for APC to leave so PDP can return to power and offer the country to North Korea as slaves again, right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by GoldChest(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2018
He will leave by the grace of God
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by batstan(m): 7:11am On Dec 04, 2018
Your entire generation failed us.
Stop playing the smart card.

angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by nairavsdollars(f): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2018
Oya APC..In Jesus Name, die by fire! die by fire!! die by fireeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by yinchar(m): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2018
Trash from the elder of potopoto region.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by IMASTEX: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2018
Voting does the choice not your wishful prayers. The people should be well enlightened to make their choice after the following fundamental questions:
* ABILITY: What have you done in any capacity of service?
* INTENTION: What are you offering?
* INTEGRITY CHECK: How do you intend to make your promise a reality?

We have prayed enough, it is time to take action.
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by ChopBellefull(m): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2018
U don't pray dem out, u vote dem out
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Cajal(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2018
Atikulooters and atikuloosers and atikuliars

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by michoim(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2018
Rather Nigerians are praying that APC should continue till Christ come...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by AleAirHub(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2018
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Denikayan: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2018
Eziefe presently has acute malaria so I won't regard his speech

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Denikayan: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Oya APC..In Jesus Name, die by fire! die by fire!! die by fireeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Ogun lakaye will bath with the blood of all PDP followers and members.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2018
We rather pray for your isi-ewu beard to turn black , OLE! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by israelmao(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2018
Prayer titled:Buhari's 2019 Exit Prayer
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by chinedumoooo: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2018
President Muhammad buhari remain the best president Nigerians had produce and also remain the man to beat in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by tobby98: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2018
Its a national duty to chase em out
Re: Nigerians Should Pray For APC To Leave In 2019 –Ezeife by eagleae7(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2018
I rather vote for SDP than to vote for APC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Passes ₦17.126 Trillion Budget For 2022 / “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot / Happy Birthday General Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.