Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,118 members, 7,863,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Lion Killed In Kogi State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lion Killed In Kogi State (8822 Views)

Read How Lion Killed, Prophet Aboderin. / Dino Melaye Attacked By Men In Army Uniforms In Kogi State. Photos / Dino Melaye Shuns Threats, Commissions Various Projects In Kogi State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by onegig(m): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fake images.

That's not Nigeria. Even the camouflage worn by the guy behind does not reflect that of the Nigerian army.
Looks more like the Ugandan Army or so.

People should stop posting things they have no verifiable information for.

Edit....

A reverse image search shows this happened in Guinea and not even Nigeria.

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
this man should be arrested if its true. that is how our dinosaurs went into extinct. The guy does not even look like a Nigerian
Bro, dinosaurs' extinction was attributed to climate change not humans interaction. Dinosaurs went into extinct at the end of the Cretaceous Period. Humans first appeared on earth durng the Quantenary Period; that's about 98m years apart.

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by ednut1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
ahaz:
my brother I have once engaged in argument over the existence of lions in Nina.
there were lions in the wild but we have killed them all. D remaining are in yankari reserve
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by godfatherx: 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
ahaz:
bros am not talking of reserves but natural habitat.. just want to know.
And if they do were are they naturally found?
Yes it existed in the past, in almost every forest in SW, SE and Middle Belt towards North East but due to hunting activities, agriculture and civilisation, they have been driven to almost extinction in Nigeria, I doubt if there are any free ranging left. At the slightest possibility, one may be found in the Forests of either Benue, Taraba, Adamawa, Plateau. I'm not sure.
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by 0monnak0da: 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
this man should be arrested if its true. that is how our dinosaurs went into extinct. The guy does not even look like a Nigerian
So what if they go extinct?
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by eejo(m): 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
There are lions in kogi state which i can confirm but the picture is what i cannot say if it is real or not
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Sanchez01: 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2018
ahaz:
I got this from Facebook and decide to share..please how true is this?
Oga Bello, well done o

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilippHenschel/status/1034498256984784896
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by supereagle(m): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
darfay:
What rubbish.

Stop people why not capture and sell to one of the numerous deprived zoo's in the country and get money for your work but they rather kill it for pepper soup and snap on facebook for the world to cheer @ their stupidity

Can you capture it?

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Ayobami7(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
各大主流音乐平台同
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
Rextizzle:
This can't be in Nigeria, maybe some other shithole African country.
EXACTLY my thought.
Where you wan see LION for Nigeria....
NIGERIA BUSHES weh military don comb with
Operation Python Dance
Operation Crocodile Smile
Operation Snake in the Monkey Shadow
Operation BetNaija
Operation Lafia Doyle
Nigerian Soldiers kill more BUSH MEATS than our established Hunters....

2 Likes

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by shugabasbn: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2018
No free lion in Nigeria, I really doubt this pic
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Legitinfo3(m): 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
Kill it before it kills you Biko�
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Legitinfo3(m): 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2018
EVILFOREST:

EXACTLY my thought.
Where you wan see LION for Nigeria....
NIGERIA BUSHES weh military don comb with
Operation Python Dance
Operation Crocodile Smile
Operation Snake in the Monkey Shadow
Operation BetNaija
Operation Lafia Doyle
Nigerian Soldiers kill more BUSH MEATS than our established Hunters....

Haha all operation be making sense �
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by BluntBoy(m): 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
mytime24:
In kenya

It can't be Kenya.

Kenya takes wildlife conservation very seriously. No one will dare kill a lion and display it without fear.
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by SKhanmi: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2018
overdrive:
absolute fallacy.there are no lions in the wild in West Africa.

I also used to believe that until we saw one cross the expressway in the hinterlands of Kwara. They exist. Only rare
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by SKhanmi: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2018
Most of you would change your minds if you visit some totally rural places in Nigeria. There are still places where this wild animals exist in few numbers. You want to tell me elephants, lions,leopards & fvking gorillas are totally extinct in Nigeria? Kindly stop being chronic city huggers and travel around. I wonder what official statement you people rely on by the way.
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
You slowpoke, this isn't how Dinosaurs went into extinct.
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by Babanah: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
Every animal for Naija na yanka!
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
You slowpoke, this isn't how Dinosaurs went into extinct.
You dummy, I was just been sarcastic
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by grandstar(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
SKhanmi:
Most of you would change your minds if you visit some totally rural places in Nigeria. There are still places where this wild animals exist in few numbers. You want to tell me elephants, lions,leopards & fvking gorillas are totally extinct in Nigeria? Kindly stop being chronic city huggers and travel around. I wonder what official statement you people rely on by the way.

In parts of Cross River state, I earnt there are still elephants and gorillas

Rhons can also be found around parts of the river Benue.

However, lions and other cats species are mostly extinct as none for been sighted for decades.

If they've been sighted, we should at least hear of one or 2 reports
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
You dummy, I was just been sarcastic
It's 'being', m0ron.

Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by slimfit1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
This man should be arrested that is our national treasure
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by slimfit1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
This man should be arrested that is our national treasure. That alone could create jobs not everything we see that has to enter mouth. The government should give people incentives so that things like this can be saved and games reserves open up. Look at Kenya and South Africa.
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by SKhanmi: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
grandstar:

However, lions and other cats species are mostly extinct as none for been sighted for decades.

If they've been sighted, we should at least hear of one or 2 reports

I mentioned rural. There are places where the highest phone You'll find is a Nokia torchlight, let's not forget illiteracy. And the habit of rushing to snap things isn't one of the core villager attributes. Now the lion I said we saw,it was around this Fulani nomads area. People who still trek far distances to the nearest river to wash plates,half naked. You're getting my drift? I doubt if they know what social media is. So who's gonna report? Who will take them serious. The city bred people don't even know they exist. It's that bad. Don't mind all those reports o,na armchair investigations & deductions. That's how they said the manatee is extinct in Africa until boys kill & chop 2 big ones for Delta. Awon wildlife journalistsmiley
Re: Lion Killed In Kogi State by grandstar(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
SKhanmi:

I mentioned rural. There are places where the highest phone You'll find is a Nokia torchlight, let's not forget illiteracy. And the habit of rushing to snap things isn't one of the core villager attributes. Now the lion I said we saw,it was around this Fulani nomads area. People who still trek far distances to the nearest river to wash plates,half naked. You're getting my drift? I doubt if they know what social media is. So who's gonna report? Who will take them serious. The city bred people don't even know they exist. It's that bad. Don't mind all those reports o,na armchair investigations & deductions. That's how they said the manatee is extinct in Africa until boys kill & chop 2 big ones for Delta. Awon wildlife journalistsmiley

Thanks. I didn't know you sighted a lion.

Manatees plenty. They keep popping up here on Nairaland.

An elephant was even killed in Ekiti state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Nigerians Tired Of Govt’s Rhetorics, Want Action – TUC / Nigeria Once The Richest Nation On Earth / Nnamdi Kanu Slap His Mother Disturbing PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.