Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? (14531 Views)

Which Course Do You Wish You Have Studied? / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria / Pls I Need Help For Waec Requirements To Study Any Engineering Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by shomatth(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
Of d Greatest Mechanical Engineers.D best Engineering course is Mech Enger.it lead to d creation of chemical engineering.And it is applicable in diff aspect.As MECH ENGER,i can work as fluid Engineer in oil company.
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2013
shomatth: Of d Greatest Mechanical Engineers.D best Engineering course is Mech Enger.it lead to d creation of chemical engineering.And it is applicable in diff aspect.As MECH ENGER,i can work as fluid Engineer in oil company.

yea i agree with you but are mech engrs also good at manipulating raw materials into finished products?
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by henry457: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2013
i hav read pples opinion on de best engineerin course,well sum re sayin electrical,mechanical,chemical,etc bt nobody wants to talk abt computer engineerin despite we all knw dat de world is becomin global bt i want 2 include dis course Electronics and Computer Engineerin despite is a new course which is offered in only 2 university;Unizik n Lasu,do u tink dea is any engineerin course beta dan dis Electronics n Computer Engineerin base on hw d world is becomin global
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by GoGod(f): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Civil Engineering
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2013
henry457: i hav read pples opinion on de best engineerin course,well sum re sayin electrical,mechanical,chemical,etc bt nobody wants to talk abt computer engineerin despite we all knw dat de world is becomin global bt i want 2 include dis course Electronics and Computer Engineerin despite is a new course which is offered in only 2 university;Unizik n Lasu,do u tink dea is any engineerin course beta dan dis Electronics n Computer Engineerin base on hw d world is becomin global

well i agree with you,but the arguement is dat it's easy to learn the basic things a computer engineer does without even going having a university education. some of the greatest computer engineers also did same. infact in the nearest future almost everyone wud become a computer engineer, and it might no longer be considered a professional course
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2013
@GOGOD i'l agree with you but you must give me reasons
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by GoGod(f): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
D risn s ma Fiance
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
hahahaha....ur fiance is a civil engineer?
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Abbey2sam(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
desertboom: @ Odirah. Nice to know you are NUC staff please I have questions that demands answer from you. I am studying mechanical engineering in Imo State University (300 level) but the course is not accredited including Civil, Elect/elect and agricultural engineering infact the entire faculty is not accredited since It's existence for the past four years. However, I just want to know the criteria for accreditation of engineering faculty. Can four department be accredited at thesame time? Please, I need enlightenment because I want to change to another course like industrial physics. Thanks

Guy, seriously speaking you wil be holding a certificate of attendance after 5years.

The criterials are not that much, just adequate lab materials and qualified lecturers.

Goodluck
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
uniabuja is also facing same crisis, but it's currently being resolved
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Calebsworld(m): 12:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Richiez: who know the best school in Nigeria where one can study Engineering
FUTA bro,u will be glad u did.best sch of Engineering in Nigeria.
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by majortele(m): 2:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Elect/elect
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Calebsworld: FUTA bro,u will be glad u did.best sch of Engineering in Nigeria.
so gist us about FUTA nah so we can believe
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2013
majortele: Elect/elect

do you have unarguable reasons?
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by GoGod(f): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Richiez: hahahaha....ur fiance is a civil engineer?
yea nd i knw wht he s up to wf dat course
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Calebsworld(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Richiez:
so gist us about FUTA nah so we can believe
seeing is believing.
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by tosnat: 3:38am On Jan 04, 2013
Yoruba engineering
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
tosnat: Yoruba engineering

hahahahah lwkmd....na wa oh...yoruba engineering are u serious
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Salzyswaag(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Chemical engineering is d answer.take it or leave it! Peace!!!
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Let me speak as a practising engineer. I won't be mentioning my specific discipline here.
First of all, I want to correct a notion - there is nothing like 'best' engineering course. Every engineering discipline is good on its own merit and has its strategic role in the engineering family. Instead, aspiring students may have a particular interest in a particular field of engineering. So talk more about personal preference and not whether a course is the 'best' or not.
Also, when it comes to job versatility and demand in Nigeria, mechanical engineering still comes first. Mechanical engineering is the most demanded in Nigeria. It is also the widest engineering discipline. Electrical and chemical engineering are also quite widely applicable.
At the end of it all, most young engineers in Nigeria want to end up in the oil and gas industry, so it doesn't really matter which of the discipline you have a degree in; we all wanna end up collecting fat salaries in an IOC. Nobody wants to end up in the manufacturing industries, FMCG's, banking sector, etc. So the most important thing is to have that engineering degree.
Also, it's safe not to read a particular engrg course just because you want to end up in a particular industry. Go for a course you have a natural preference for!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by tosomaju(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2013
U just can't take it away from mechanical engineering, all other engineering are branches of mechanical, no wonder its the GES/GST/GNS of the faculty of engineering. One of the hallmark of a fulfilled man is having offsprings that are striving well. Am really proud of electrical and chemical engineering, u guys are not a disappointment to ur father mechanical, but remember that "okro no dey grow pas the owner" @least show some respect.
The day mechanical will shift from its number one spot will be that day that the earth will stop to rotate, afterall 'when there is motion, there is mechanical'
wait a minute, what is it about me and "the first and best"? i wonder!
#I rep youhigh#

1 Like

Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2013
@ x-fire and tosomaju nice point!
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Richiez(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2013
@salzyswagg, can u add more swagg to ur point? u sound very confident
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nellyunique: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
@salzyswagger Are you a chemical engineer? I would like to know.I have interest in that course but surprisingly I dont fancy the oil and gas industry rather I would like to work in a manufacturing industry or under a recycling company.I dont know why,but is it ok?
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nellyunique: @salzyswagger Are you a chemical engineer? I would like to know.I have interest in that course but surprisingly I dont fancy the oil and gas industry rather I would like to work in a manufacturing industry or under a recycling company.I dont know why,but is it ok?
If you want to work in a manufacturing or recycling company, mechanical engineering is your best bet. Chemical engineering is also good but mechanical engineering will give you more opportunities in that field.
Also, you don't have to work in the oil and gas industry. It's a matter of preference. In reality, only few engineers will end up in the oil and gas industry, so it's good to keep your options wide open.
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nellyunique: 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
@x-file I appreciate but I want a course with lots of chemistry especially organic chemistry
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nellyunique: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
x-file I appreciate but I want a course with lots of chemistry especially organic chemistry
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by aia99: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
tosomaju: U just can't take it away from mechanical engineering, all other engineering are branches of mechanical, no wonder its the GES/GST/GNS of the faculty of engineering. One of the hallmark of a fulfilled man is having offsprings that are striving well. Am really proud of electrical and chemical engineering, u guys are not a disappointment to ur father mechanical, but remember that "okro no dey grow pas the owner" @least show some respect.
The day mechanical will shift from its number one spot will be that day that the earth will stop to rotate, afterall 'when there is motion, there is mechanical'
wait a minute, what is it about me and "the first and best"? i wonder!
#I rep youhigh#
who told u other engineering courses are branches of mechanical engineering,pls make sure u do ur research very well,also remember dat all engineering courses serve their own purpose.There is nothing like one of dem is the best,@ Op i prefer Electrical & Electronic Engineering just because it serves as form of modifiaction to other engineering courses and this is how it does dat,replacing the old iron wit an electric iron,replacing the former grinding stone wit an electric grinder,replacing the former train wit electric train,replacing the hand fan wit electric fan, replacing normal letter message with electronic messaging,replacing the normal way of producing metals(metallurgy) wit electrical method,instead of shouting when u want to pass message to a large group of people at a far distance u can do dat using an electronic microphone.dere are still more,the day like charges around d earth start to attract,dat is day d earth wud stop to exist,therefore for this earth to continue to exist all aspect of engineering must be considered

1 Like

Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nellyunique: x-file I appreciate but I want a course with lots of chemistry especially organic chemistry
Aiit. Chemical engineering will fit you.
N.B. Mind you, chemical engineering is not all about chemistry. It involves a lot of mathematics, some physics and basic engineering sciences.
Regards...
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Nellyunique: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
Mathematics is my second love,physics I love too but not as much.Tanks x-file
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Calebsworld(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Food engineer is one of the best engineering course,without food human race would have been wiped out.by the time all the oil well dry up,the Fed will open their eyes to Agriculture.Shalom.
Re: Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? by Andybaby: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Environmental/Civil/Water Engineering

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For 2018 UCLAN Cyprus Scholarship For International Students / FG Offers Placement To Ukraine-based Nigerian Students Amid ASUU Strike / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.