Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? (3206 Views)

All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. / Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls / Why People Are Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by urahara(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
Why are atheists and irreligious people fond of blaming Nigeria or Africa's problems on religion.

After all we were not the only ones the whites brought the religion to. How do they associate economic failures to religion ?

I'm just curious undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by okrikaboi: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
Rich Islamic countries take their religion seriously including poor war ravaged ones the problem ain't religion the problem is the making of an indigenous brand the country can sell America for examples sells fashion, entertainment,etc to its unique buyers Africa. Africa should make something unique that the world hasn't seen our problem ain't religion we should learn to give back to society the average african wants to control his people wants them to asslick him

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
urahara:
Why are atheists and irreligious people fond of blaming Nigeria or Africa's problems on religion.

After all we were not the only ones the whites brought the religion to. How do they associate economic failures to religion ?

Nobody said religion is Nigeria's problem... Religion is PART our problem. Causes of Nigeria problem plenty, and religion is one of the causes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by urahara(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2018
frank317:

Nobody said religion is Nigeria's problem... Religion is PART our problem. Causes of Nigeria problem plenty, and religion is one of the causes

How is religion Nigerias problem ?
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by OpenYourEyes1: 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
frank317:

Have you done a research on this? Can I see it.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
urahara:

How is religion Nigerias problem ?

How is religion one if the causes of Nigeria's problem u mean?

When people believe in an unseen being, they can believe in anything. It shows to a large extent how gullible they are. It also shows they are intellectually lazy.
They become victims of con men.
Further they wait on this God to come help them on things they can do. They rather pray than work.
While the bible encourages Christians to work as well as pray, but the fact is that both cannot go together. Because u believe God will help, ur hustle can NEVER be like someone who thinks he just as himself no matter what u tell urself.
U see people live hypocritic life pretending to see and communicate to what they have never seen and communicated to they blame unseen forces for their problems and accuse innocent people of masterminding their failures.
They live a life where they think they know what they don't know and it control their whole essence of living.
When they fail, they say its Gods will and when they win they say it is God, this is a strong case of a people who don't believe in themselves...

So do u think a group of people who live as I have described above will succeed better than people who depend on themselves for everything?

That's Nigerian for u, one of the most religious countries in the world.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

Have you done a research on this? Can I see it.
Sorry, I have no research work for u, but u can see my opinion above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by urahara(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
frank317:

How is religion one if the causes of Nigeria's problem u mean?

When people believe in an unseen being, they can believe in anything. It shows to a large extent how gullible they are. It also shows they are intellectually lazy.
They become victims of con men.
Further they wait on this God to come help them on things they can do. They rather pray than work.
While the bible encourages Christians to work as well as pray, but the fact is that both cannot go together. Because u believe God will help, ur hustle can NEVER be like someone who thinks he just as himself no matter what u tell urself.
U see people live hypocritic life pretending to see and communicate to what they have never seen and communicated to they blame unseen forces for their problems and accuse innocent people of masterminding their failures.
They live a life where they think they know what they don't know and it control their whole essence of living.
When they fail, they say its Gods will and when they win they say it is God, this is a strong case of a people who don't believe in themselves...

So do u think a group of people who live as I have described above will succeed better than people who depend on themselves for everything?

That's Nigerian for u, one of the most religious countries in the world.

Nigerians may believe that a god can solve their problems but after praying , they still go and hustle like mad. smiley
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
urahara:

Nigerians may believe that a god can solve their problems but after praying , they still go and hustle like mad. smiley

Lol... What's hustle like mad? Nigerians think science is devilish and are waiting for Christ to come while we waiting on God to help us in everything we do.
Why do u think there is ritual killing, yahoo plus rumors, many churches etc rather than good scientists and industries. Why do u think a government will always ask people to pray over situation they should think out ways to resolve? Why will our president be sick and Nigerians will be praying for him instead of equipping their hospitals and ensuring the rift treatment. Why should someone steal money and blame it on snake?

If u think religion is not part of Nigeria's problem then u are part of Nigeria's problem.

When people give their tithe what do u think they are giving it for? What are they expecting? Do u know how this expectation can slightly affect their hustle? Even Christians who failed to pay their tithe will blame their failures on their inability to tithe, what does this tell u of a people?

As long as u depend on God ur hustle can never be full, u must reserve some strength since God is there by the corner to finish it up for u.

Well, this is me is why religion is part of Nigeria's problem... The bad news is that Nigeria has many problems.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by lepasharon(f): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
urahara:

Religion is PART of the problem

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2018
I'm not religious and I don't believe religion is the problem of Nigeria. Religion has rather been a solution to poverty, hopelessness and loneliness.

It's why it's the biggest creation of man.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
luvmijeje:
I'm not religious and I don't believe religion is the problem of Nigeria. Religion has rather been a solution to poverty, hopelessness and loneliness.

Religion is not Nigeria's problem but religion is part of Nigeria's problem
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2018
frank317:

I've read your reasons but in making your point you failed to realize that men are wired to believe in something.

For instance you. You believe in your fellow men..... The scientist. But science don't give hope. It doesn't give love. It doesn't give companionship the way religious does. You all failed to realize the need to believe in something is just as critical as the need to live.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
luvmijeje:

I've read your reasons but in making your point you failed to realize that men are wired to believe in something.

For instance you. You believe in your fellow men..... The scientist. But science don't give hope. It doesn't give love. It doesn't give companionship the way religious does. You all failed to realize the need to believe in something is just as critical as the need to live.

Believing in something is not the problem. Believing in urself makes more sense than believing in a magical sky Daddy. Its both childish, distracting, hypocritic and delusional.

I don't believe in scientists... I don't even know how to believe in scientists. But I'd rather trust science to do the job. Heck, I wish I was one.

Believing in the wrong thing is what I perceive religion as. Believing in a God u have never seen to do unseen things for u is why I think religion is part of Nigeria's problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by hahn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
frank317:

Religion is the knot that holds our problems together

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by obinna58(m): 1:00am On Dec 09, 2018
urahara:

There many things we neglect and underrate but if you truly look with an open mind/heart you'll be able see how those things shape and direct our lifes and nuture,
False hope is one major thing we fail to realize how dangerous it can be, someone falling into an ocean keeping in mind that it's not as it seems, many marriages today are people with no hope for their future children yet believed it's how God wants it, ending up breeding Pridectors causing more harm to the society, that's due to competitions and societal expectations brought up by religion on how best we should live, no cares for true happiness, all are in quest trying to reach up to religious demands, intoreleance and mind limitations, no freedom of sexual life or speech.
In a sane society a woman will keep an *mbecile for 9months fully aware and determined to keep it, hoping for miracle as God never disappoints, perhaps not wanting to sin, suicide bombing, refusal of blood transfusion, unfair treatment btw sexes, hypocrisy, jealousy and religious violence, all in the name of religion, religious leaders keeping sheeple in shape as not fight political leaders as its God's own fight while they get supplied with bundles of money.

Religion leads to backwardness and poverty, you can only imagine how much successful those Arabic countries can be without religion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by obinna58(m): 1:08am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

You're not religious since when
Seems we've gotten into you grin
Tell me what I don't know grin
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by urahara(m): 4:45am On Dec 09, 2018
frank317:

Lol... What's hustle like mad? Nigerians think science is devilish and are waiting for Christ to come while we waiting on God to help us in everything we do.
[b]Why do u think there is ritual killing, yahoo plus rumors, many churches etc rather than good scientists and industries. [/b]Why do u think a government will always ask people to pray over situation they should think out ways to resolve? Why will our president be sick and Nigerians will be praying for him instead of equipping their hospitals and ensuring the rift treatment. Why should someone steal money and blame it on snake?

If u think religion is not part of Nigeria's problem then u are part of Nigeria's problem.

When people give their tithe what do u think they are giving it for? What are they expecting? Do u know how this expectation can slightly affect their hustle? Even Christians who failed to pay their tithe will blame their failures on their inability to tithe, what does this tell u of a people?

As long as u depend on God ur hustle can never be full, u must reserve some strength since God is there by the corner to finish it up for u.

Well, this is me is why religion is part of Nigeria's problem... The bad news is that Nigeria has many problems.

That's not the fault of the abrahamic religions
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2018
urahara:

That's not the fault of the abrahamic religions

Its obvious u have nothing to say..perhaps we should declare the thread closed. I however hope u have learned something today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2018
frank317:

Believing in something is not the problem. Believing in urself makes more sense than believing in a magical sky Daddy. Its both childish, distracting, hypocritic and delusional.

I don't believe in scientists... I don't even know how to believe in scientists. But I'd rather trust science to do the job. Heck, I wish I was one.

Believing in the wrong thing is what I perceive religion as. Believing in a God u have never seen to do unseen things for u is why I think religion is part of Nigeria's problem

That's your opinion and it's an opinion I strong disagree with. Believing in something greater than you makes you feel sane. It enables you to rationalise a lot of things your senses can't process.

When I see some of you speak, I'm like you all are still living in a bubble. I'm like these guys love seeing themselves spewing bullshit.t
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:33am On Dec 09, 2018
obinna58:

You're not religious since when
Seems we've gotten into you grin
Tell me what I don't know grin

Please and please I'm not an Atheist and I'm not a religionist. And I know I'm still going to repeat it 1000 times.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by hopefulLandlord: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:
Believing in something greater than you makes you feel sane.
Speak for yourself
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Speak for yourself

I will speak for myself the day you all stop making fallacy of generalisation.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

I will speak for myself the day you all stop making fallacy of generalisation.

What?
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by McCoy662(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2018
How is religion not our problem when we pray more and work less for almost everything??
An average African prays for a good leader without casting his/her vote. we believe good leaders are from God and so we have no part to play.
An average African student takes more time in prayers than in studies. we believe that all we need to succeed is prayers.

An average African business man/woman believes in tithing and seed-sowing for breakthrough in business instead of critically thinking of new ideas to deploy.

we believe our security is in the hands of God, so we don't need to fight to be secured.

we believe in forgiveness, even to an unrepentant serial criminal. we "obey the order" to forgive and accept back instead of subjecting the criminal to the weight of the law.

we so much hope on miracles which we have never experienced or seen happen hence we tend to be mentally lazier than any other race. An average African man will see no need to invent electricity cos God said all he did is good and as such, there's no need for artificial light.
In Africa, we spend all our life savings to build churches for God cos we believe when we build for God, He will in turn build our nation. that's why we boast of the largest churches in the world but not standard schools or factories.
China, Switzerland has almost zero churches but their economy is one of the best in the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by obinna58(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

Please and please I'm not an Atheist and I'm not a religionist. And I know I'm still going to repeat it 1000 times.
I'm not an atheist either or a religionist, glad people are having a positive mindset
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 8:08am On Dec 09, 2018
obinna58:

I'm not an atheist either or a religionist, glad people are having a positive mindset

So you believe in God?
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by obinna58(m): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

So you believe in God?
Certainly there's cause for existence if that is called God then let it be but I'm sure it has no connection with us for now, talk less of how he want our lifestyle to be. Believing in him is just useless but I believe one day we might know what it is.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 8:57am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

That's your opinion and it's an opinion I strong disagree with. Believing in something greater than you makes you feel sane. It enables you to rationalise a lot of things your senses can't process.

When I see some of you speak, I'm like you all are still living in a bubble. I'm like these guys love seeing themselves spewing bullshit.t

U are not even making any sense my dear lady. What makes God greater than u? He is just an idea in ur head and u say he is greater than u. God has never manifested himself in the modern world, all we have is people like u conjuring him in ur head and hearing things no one else can her, is that the meaning of greatness to u?

U are using a phone made by man, can travel a long distance in a plane made by man, can treat ur sickness with drugs made by man, yet u call God who lives in ur head, depends on u to spread his word or speak for him greater than u.

Take for instance, I don't believe in God and I don't feel his presence in anyway, how can such a being be great? What's great about a being who only manifests when u believe? God cannot even make toothpick and u call him great?

So much dependence on this nonexistent being is part of Nigeria's problem... U can see we have nothing to offer to the world at large despite worshiping this great being.... If God was great as u say, his greatness will manifest in Nigeria and there will be no excuse as to why we are backward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2018
frank317:

U are not even making any sense my dear lady. What makes God greater than u? He is just an idea in ur head and u say he is greater than u. God has never manifested himself in the modern world, all we have is people like u conjuring him in ur head and hearing things no one else can her, is that the meaning of greatness to u?

U are using a phone made by man, can travel a long distance in a plane made by man, can treat ur sickness with drugs made by man, yet u call God who lives in ur head, depends on u to spread his word or speak for him greater than u.

Take for instance, I don't believe in God and I don't feel his presence in anyway, how can such a being be great? What's great about a being who only manifests when u believe? God cannot even make toothpick and u call him great?

So much dependence on this nonexistent being is part of Nigeria's problem... U can see we have nothing to offer to the world at large despite worshiping this great being.... If God was great as u say, his greatness will manifest in Nigeria and there will be no excuse as to why we are backward.

HopefulLandlord come and see fallacy of generalisation. Frank you are something else. Writer should be more open minded but you are proving it wrong. Writer should be capable of seeing events from other people's point of view but you are proving it wrong.

Just because it has not happen to you, doesn't mean it has not happen to others.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by luvmijeje(f): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2018
obinna58:

Certainly there's cause for existence if that is called God then let it be but I'm sure it has no connection with us for now, talk less of how he want our lifestyle to be. Believing in him is just useless but I believe one day we might know what it is.

I like you and I'm sorry that it took me this long to appreciate your point of view.

Believing in God fills the Gap. It fills the gap nature have left void. You saying there is a cause of existence shows you are not putting your head under the sand.

When we as human don't learn to put ourselves in other people's shoes, it is intellectual laziness. And I'm sorry, that's how I see most Atheists.

Probably because I'm expecting so much from them, so when I see them not grasping the reason why most people believes there is God and just brush over their reasons, it bothers me.
Re: Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? by frank317: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

HopefulLandlord come and see fallacy of generalisation. Frank you are something else. Writer should be more open minded but you are proving it wrong. Writer should be capable of seeing events from other people's point of view but you are proving it wrong.

Just because it has not happen to you, doesn't mean it has not happen to others.

God, is supposedly the creator of everything... His greatness shouldn't be questioned, neither should it be selective. It should be felt by all, both believers and non believers. No one should in doubt of this greatness.
So since u have confirmed that it has not happened to me do u expect me to see him as great? More still isn't it normal that I doubt ur story since I and many other of his so-called creations have not felt his greatness?

Greatness that is selective, is that one great?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Seun Osewa An Atheist? / Mfm Prayer Points For Valentines Day / Bishop Alfred Adewale Martins Is The New Archbishop Of Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.