Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

"Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce (18733 Views)

I Am Going To Privatize Our Ailing Crude Oil Refineries - Atiku Declares / Lagos Opens The First ISO-Certified Government-Owned Laboratory In Nigeria / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nosu(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Countries around the world are trying to make education as free as possible but one father, uncle and brother is suggesting we privatise the universities.

Students are struggling to pay the present tuition fee and he is taking about privatisation.

We have wicked and insensitive leaders in this country.

They always don't want to think to resolve problem, always looking for the cheapest way out of every problem even at the detriment of the masses

5 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Yourenemy(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Fortunately Ben Bruce is right.....very right.

But all these dafts can't reason....even they love the strike..

They are not aware ASUU is using them to enrich themselves not them coz as far as govt continues to manage there must be strike especially naija govt.
you and Bruce lee are the daft one here who can’t reason, if privatized,automatically the schools turn into a private school, is it all parent that will be able to afford their fees, or did they provide you with any student loan? If that’s the case most student in the govt schools would have been in a private schools if they have the funds to pay. Common sense is not common.

3 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by rapid101(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2018
ednut1:
hahahahahaha naso. If i hear say govt give pple loan
my brother dat d issue oh
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nosu(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2018
nzeobi:
before you condemn him profer a better alternative to the quagmire.
me thinks govt should pay salaries of the workers and let the money the school generates be used for infrastructures.

Can't you think? Are you as dull as Ben bruce
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by MalcoImX: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2018
So that only his children will have education.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by bid4rich(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2018
flexyrule:
Nigerians are not ready for progress. When an idea is presented to them, they first rush to attack the messenger, instead of brainstorming on the idea being presented.

I think you are one of the few that are thinking on this platform....... They want govt to do everything for them. Help me ask how many university government of America or UK controlling and how many times they have gone on strike.

We are not ready to learn from developed world or perhaps 'youths cant think well of a reasonable suggestion'
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Yourenemy:
you and Bruce lee are the daft one here who can’t reason, if privatized,automatically the schools turn into a private school, is it all parent that will be able to afford their fees, or did they provide you with any student loan? If that’s the case most student in the govt schools would have been in a private schools if they have the funds to pay. Common sense is not common.

I now agree and strongly hold the view that poverty has really configured many minds and brains that they can't reason again......

Poverty is a very deadly disease.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by afroxyz: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Pamtoye:
I support him on this one... Strikes has crippled d Nigerian education system..... Privatization is d way.... But the way fees will skyrocket will be scary...... But u'll sha have a very quality education... So no loss... No price is 2 much 2 invest on education !!

please what quality have the present private universities brought to education?

2 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Mrbaz1: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
hakeem4:
i do not think you understand his point. since the government is not capable of handling the affairs of government owned university they should sell it to private people or companies who have the capability to manage it

@bolded does not make any sense. silverbird is doing fine
.lol then u are lost by still thinking silverbird is doing fine... My dear do you know the salaries of workers there hasn't been Paid for months now. Spit on that talkative albino

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by dingbang(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
One day, they will call for the privatization of Nigeria.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Mrbaz1: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I now agree and strongly hold the view that poverty has really configured many minds and brains that they can't reason again......

Poverty is a very deadly disease.
rich man... Well-done ooo
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by afroxyz: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
bid4rich:

I think you are one of the few that are thinking on this platform....... They want govt to do everything for them. Help me ask how many university government of America or UK controlling and how many times they have gone on strike.

We are not ready to learn from developed world or perhaps 'youths cant think well of a reasonable suggestion'

your argument is selective. why don't you reference Germany or Scandinavian countries where there is free tuition? The private universities in the US, how many average Americans can attend them? Ben Bruce who benefited from a public education system is saying you should privatise it not because it is expensive, but because they refused to maintain and fund it and you are supporting them. Mr man go and think

3 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by TGMISKY(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Privatizing the Universities will be good but it may end up making the school fees out of the reach of poor families. Take the already private Universities for example. I just hope FG will not listen to this talk.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mrbaz1:
rich man... Well-done ooo

Response purely shows signs of poverty.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by afroxyz: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nosu:
Countries around the world are trying to make education as free as possible but one father, uncle and brother is suggesting we privatise the universities.

Students are struggling to pay the present tuition fee and he is taking about privatisation.

We have wicked and insensitive leaders in this country.

They always don't want to think to resolve problem, always looking for the cheapest way out of every problem even at the detriment of the masses

don't mind the fools supporting him. Ben Bruce that benefited from public education
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Patode: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
This is the same Ben Bruce that would not support the construction of the Maritime University in Delta State. He sat in the Senate when they slashed the construction budget to 1/3 of the proposed amount.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by deleo16(m): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
ednut1:
hahahahahaha naso. If i hear say govt give pple loan. Entry govt jobs is between 40 to 70k . Private sector nko average of 70k. So how long would a grad take to pay an estimated 2m in loans. Do u think govt would increade wages Story
thank you most don't know what they are saying here agreeing to privitization even the Americans now student loans is in billions most are not able to pay back why can't we learn from Singapore or China or Korea especially must it be USA ni sweeden and Finland University is free and someone is telling us to privatize it's lack of vision they should learn from great AWOLOWO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Ategberoson(m): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
I thought atiku is the messiah and he will win what then is the need to privatize public universities since he will performed better? God forbid to allow people these enter next year, Nigerians are in trouble

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by BluntBoy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
hakeem4:
i do not think you understand his point. since the government is not capable of handling the affairs of government owned university they should sell it to private people or companies who have the capability to manage it

@bolded does not make any sense. silverbird is doing fine

Bruce is not making any sense.

We are not ripe for privatization of higher institutions. Even the highly subsidized school fees in our public institutions are still a problem for many Nigerians to handle. If we privatize now, higher education will become even more unaffordable.

2 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by uridadole: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
Thank God he is of 5% extraction. His opinion is inconsequential. How on earth will politicians suggest education should be taken away from the poor.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:
It seems like the Dubai trip was about selling anything sellable( assets) in Nigeria.

Why not sell Silverbird group first before we can take you serious.

Hello? Silverbird Group is a private sector enterprise.

!Na wa.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by SEGLIZ: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
come to think of it, Mr Bruce is making sense.
privatize our universities,
privatize our judiciary,
privatize our legislature,
privatize our executive,
privatize our LGA's,
privatize the States,
privatize the FG.
then finally
privatize the country.
my question is after privatizing everything what then would they do with the revenue being generated.
after privatizing the institutions what would government spend money? keep saving it in foreign reserve? agbada reserve or suit reserve?
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by deleo16(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
SEGLIZ:
come to think of it, Mr Bruce is making sense.
privatize our universities,
privatize our judiciary,
privatize our legislature,
privatize our executive,
privatize our LGA's,
privatize the States,
privatize the FG.
then finally
privatize the country.
my question is after privatizing everything what then would they do with the revenue being
it's visionless leaders that cant handle leadership that sell all u listed I forgot most Nigeria politicians don't know anything about leadership
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by lereinter(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Oga

impossible

because of ASUU strike govt institutions can never be privatized

don't be stupid bruce

atikulated 2019
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by micflo28(m): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
This is the worst advice ever. So that children of the less privileged wont have access to education due to exorbitant tuition fees. No way Ben. Retract this advice quickly.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by SEGLIZ: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
deleo16:
it's visionless leaders that cant handle leadership that sell all u listed I forgot most Nigeria politicians don't know anything about leadership

I try to imagine in what way would citizens enjoy or benefit from the state in by way of educating the citizens and social infrastructure / amenities. all this they willing and ready to sell.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by 77up(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hahahaha another shot , home goal at its peak grin . PDP is a joke , why is sell sell sell sell everything in their head now ?

And to think some people are still supporting this really funny. How many Nigerian can afford Convenant University? How many Nigerian can afford even Atiku's American University?

Nigerians please let's wake up , lets avoid these set of people from gaining power again by voting for Buhari, Let's forget the hate and whatever we have against Buhari personality, PDP back in power 'll really spell
doom for this country , I'm saying my own now .

Most of them already know what hardship is all about now because there is no room for stealing and sharing , just imagine they gain power back , the way they 'll siphon the treasury 'll be magical .

Am not saying Buhari is perfect but he's better than these thieves my people please , PDP has noting to offer this country .

It's understandable that Buhari might have done some wrongs , stepped on so many toes but trust me he's a human like us and we are not perfect .

According to Tony Mommoh, there is truly Unger in the land but Buhari economy policy is not responsible for that .

Buhari is like prophet in our generation and every prophet 'll go before you 'll knw their impact , no prophet was not castigated by their people am sure we all know that .

Let's be careful and cast our vote for Buhari/ Osinbajo.

1 Share

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by DBS4lyf: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
They should just privatize nigeria.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by frankmoney(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
grandstar:
Good Idea but Nigerian students aren't ready to be pay the real cost of education and there are no student loans available
exactly

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by micflo28(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
This guys need to think out of the box. Universities should be granted autonomy to build dere igr's. Govt should give dem full independence to generate their own revenue, and dedicate enough money through research grants. Universities abroad are solutionists researching building and selling its own products instead of depending so much on govt. Or govt monitoring and taking all the generate and dole out paltry sum for its devt.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by frankmoney(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
nzeobi:
before you condemn him profer a better alternative to the quagmire.
me thinks govt should pay salaries of the workers and let the money the school generates be used for infrastructures.
the school can't generate enough money due to the amount students pay
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by frankmoney(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Hello? Silverbird Group is a private sector enterprise.

!Na wa.
that almost went bankrupt and all her assets are being handled by amcon a federal agency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FAAC: See How Much FG, States, LG Councils Shared In June / Bayelsa: Dickson Congratulates Diri, Ewhrudjakpo Over Supreme Court Verdict / Obaseki's First Day In Office As Governor Of Edo (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.