Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

"Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce (18715 Views)

I Am Going To Privatize Our Ailing Crude Oil Refineries - Atiku Declares / Lagos Opens The First ISO-Certified Government-Owned Laboratory In Nigeria / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by FearGodinall: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mtmike:
Anybody who supports this is either dumb or has no brain at all.
My question is what is the progress of all the institution privatized by govt? ie, Disco's, Nitel etc
Just funny the way someppl call this thing an idea, I wept for this this country, truly the problem is not the leader, majority of the followers are dogmatic and dumb. Ppl that cannot even afford transport fare to go to sch will still support all in the name of PDP....dumb ppl everywhere
.Why try to rope in political lining to an important issue as this,those in support or against has nothing to do with apc/pdp but about Nigeria. Back to the topic,it's nomads and mad people that support such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by femicyrus(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
myboy2111:
Even in US, you have more Public or Goverment owned Universities. Cant we study how they make their own work?

A State or Public University is funded by US government is called as State University or Public University. It will receive full or part of funding from the State Govt. It may receive funds from Tuition, fee and Alumni. Some facts about US State Universities.

1) Tuition, fee is less at State Universities.
2) Scholarship Opportunities are good when compared to private universities.
3) In some states all govt funded universities form the state forming a system and they offer coursed at different locations in the state. Students can transfer one of those universities to another university in the system easily. Example: Texa A&M University.
List of State Universities in USA

1 Arizona State University
2 Auburn University
3 Ball State University
4 Binghamton University, SUNY
5 Bowling Green State University
6 Clemson University
7 College of William and Mary
8 Colorado School of Mines
9 Colorado State University
10 East Carolina University
11 Florida State University
12 George Mason University
13 Georgia Institute of Technology
14 Illinois State University
15 Indiana University, Bloomington
16 Iowa State University
17 Kansas State University
18 Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
19 Louisiana Tech University
20 Miami University, Oxford
21 Michigan State University
22 Michigan Technological University
23 Mississippi State University
24 Missouri University of Science & Technology
25 Montana State University
26 New Jersey Institute of Technology
27 New Mexico State University
28 North Carolina State University, Raleigh
29 North Dakota State University
30 Northern Illinois University
31 Ohio State University, Columbus
32 Ohio University
33 Oklahoma State University
34 Oregon State University
35 Pennsylvania State University, University Park
36 Purdue University, West Lafayette
37 Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick
38 Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Newark
39 San Diego State University
40 South Carolina State University
41 South Dakota State University
42 Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
43 Stony Brook University, SUNY
44 SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
45 Temple University
46 Texas A&M University, College Station
47 Texas Tech University
48 University at Albany, SUNY
49 University at Buffalo, SUNY
50 University of Alabama
51 University of Alabama, Birmingham
52 University of Alabama, Huntsville
53 University of Arizona
54 University of Arkansas
55 University of California, Berkeley
56 University of California, Davis
57 University of California, Irvine
58 University of California, Los Angeles
59 University of California, Riverside
60 University of California, San Diego
61 University of California, Santa Barbara
62 University of California, Santa Cruz
63 University of Central Florida
64 University of Cincinnati
65 University of Colorado, Boulder
66 University of Colorado, Denver
67 University of Connecticut
68 University of Delaware
69 University of Florida
70 University of Georgia
71 University of Hawaii, Manoa
72 University of Houston
73 University of Idaho
74 University of Illinois, Chicago
75 University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
76 University of Iowa
77 University of Kansas
78 University of Kentucky
79 University of Louisville
80 University of Maine
81 University of Maryland, Baltimore County
82 University of Maryland, College Park
83 University of Massachusetts, Amherst
84 University of Massachusetts, Lowell
85 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
86 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
87 University of Mississippi
88 University of Missouri
89 University of Missouri, Kansas City
90 University of Montana
91 University of Nebraska, Lincoln
92 University of Nevada, Reno
93 University of New Hampshire
94 University of New Mexico
95 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
96 University of North Carolina, Charlotte
97 University of North Carolina, Greensboro
98 University of North Dakota
99 University of Oklahoma
100 University of Oregon
101 University of Pittsburgh
102 University of Rhode Island
103 University of South Carolina
104 University of South Dakota
105 University of South Florida
106 University of Tennessee
107 University of Texas, Austin
108 University of Texas, Dallas
109 University of Utah
110 University of Vermont
111 University of Virginia
112 University of Washington
113 University of Wisconsin, Madison
114 University of Wyoming
115 Utah State University
116 Virginia Commonwealth University
117 Virginia Tech
118 Washington State University
119 West Virginia University
120 Western Michigan University

National Assembly should be privatised.

2 Likes

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
greenek:

Who told you that school do not generate enough?
Let me speak for unilag.
500k for school fees per diploma student, and dey admit about 1k - 2k diploma students yearly, please do the Maths

25k for the entrance form, about 5k buys the form, then 1k - 2k gets admitted. Do the Maths please.

The cheapest hall in unilag collects nothing less than 100k per use, unilag has about 7of those halls of varying grandeur there's always Sha an event in unilag. Even if no event, student fellowship hold service in atleast 3 of the halls weekly. Please do the Maths.

Unilag bread is 300naira. Once you taste the bread, you get hooked, it's madly delicious. They sell atleast 500 (this is vaguely underrated score, dey sell far more than this) loaf daily.. Please do the Maths

Unilag water.. There's no student price for water o, the same price as water outside, 150 per bag..

Not to mention the shops for lease, payment for parking spacing in unilag by other organizations.

That's the few I can remember now.

Many if this schools generate loadz of funds internally. Many of them does diploma or foundation or preddegre, minimum schools fees is 150k, where does the money go to?

Govt are not doing their part, we all know that, allocating less than 10% of the annual budget for education is grossly unfair looking at the numbers of public university in Nigeria,.

The senator calling for privatization of the university, would he and his cohorts agree for their overly inflated salaries and allowance be subsidized by say 70%, even at going home with 30% of what dey earn now, dey are still going home with alot.

Privatization of public university is not the solution, dey would only end up making nigeria grossly uneducated

While I may have exaggerated the whole scenario, you're wrong to think 500 million from diploma students for a session and the 125 million paid for diploma form would be enough to maintain infrastructure, invest in researches, maintain laboratories and what have you. Unilag Students pay #25,500 only for hostel fees and not #100,000 as you earlier stated. This is paid via remitta and goes to directly to CBN. Even when you sum it all up, it still amounts to nothing, compared to what is required to fund a standard university with over 80 department.

The seven storey library being built beside Mariere hall would be worth #2 billion on completion. How many more breads does Unilag have to sell to make up for that, if the management were to fend for itself. Probably, the project wouldn't take off at all for fear of squandering a fortune on it or it would take a life time to complete.

To you, #2 billion is a huge sum of money but to a school that have one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria, it's merely a fraction of the fund needed. Unilag pays about #80 million on electricity on monthly basis and it would does so for at least 9 months every session.

You say so much about income but not a single thing about expenditure. May I ask why our schools are still in terrible states even after they earn so much internally generated revenue as you claim and still obtain more from the government?

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by FearGodinall: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ben bruce mr.common sense should be stoned to death.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by ihatesycophant(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
I'm using my search light looking for private university that is affordable for ordinary family in Nigeria but I didn't see. Private enterprise are profit making ventures. They may not go on strike but can ordinary man cope with their fees, putting in mind their are ordinary men earning as low as 10,000 naira and they must send their wards to tertiary institution.
That suggestion can only work when we have vibrant economy where all materials from building to stationery are easy to come by. His suggestion hit rock.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by CrystalMax: 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
Must every sector be privatized before they work?
Who will operate it after privatization, Robots I suppose? There's no common sense in that suggestion. Leadership is our problem in this country. Smh.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
bid4rich:

Pls cant you argue logically without adding insult? You can see why we are where we are!

Back to the discussion,Where is NITEL today? Where is Ajaokuta steel among many others. Its obvious that. As a matter of fact, if these institutions/universities are in public hands, there will be a lot of competitions that will drive down the fees they charge in the long run. It's a very simple analogy. Even as I speak some government / state institutions are paying up to 200k. Yet it is government. I think you look at it in that direction
I'm telling u, few private uni pay not up to d 200k or a lil above 4 some pure theoretical dept des days, even som category of poor ppl can afford private primary n sec sch 4 their kids nowadays...isnt it because of high competition amg d school owners? *Nigerians hardly tink in long run*...I'm not sayin free education isnt d best, but once our Leadears cant giv it, den we sud hlp ourselves. 4 dis point...U ar just a darling
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by bid4rich(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
sherylbakky:

I'm telling u, few private uni pay not up to d 200k or a lil above 4 some pure theoretical dept des days, even som category of poor ppl can afford private primary n sec sch 4 their kids nowadays...isnt it because of high competition amg d school owners? *Nigerians hardly tink in long run*...I'm not sayin free education isnt d best, but once our Leadears cant giv it, den we sud hlp ourselves. 4 dis point...U ar just a darling

God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Felixv: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Germany China and Japan also

1.Are highly industrial countries which export in bulk...meaning their governments make trillions in dollars in tax revenue. Nigeria exports just oil, some cocoa,some beans, and we are not the number one producer in any one of them commodities.

2.Who told you China does not pay fees? As an example...fees in China can be as high as 3500 pounds sterling per annum (in Nigeria, fees are kept below 200-300 pounds per annum). Japanese students also pay fees (here is an example from Osaka University) plus education costs in primary and secondary school are high.

Germany is free...BUT....at the cost of half a german's income in taxes. (Try that in Nigeria...there would be a revolution before the day is over).

there are public schools in china (China is able to make education cheap and affordable, in a large part due to heavy government subsidies ) ,as a matter of fact Germany has a very good system -health,and education is free and nobody can fault the quality of both their health care and education...you are probably right about Japan -but it is extremely hard to get into university there.

Japan is offering generous scholarship schemes to low-income families in a bid to create equal education opportunities across the country.

A ¥800 billion (US$7.2 billion) government investment will enable students from low-income households to be eligible for free education at national universities. Fees at private universities, two-year colleges and vocational schools will also be subsidised from 2020,

but the point is that ben bruce should first ask his colleagues to reduce their take home pay --nigeria cannot afford it..what we need to do, is invest in the future and that is quality cheap education.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by theoldpretender(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
Felixv:

there are public schools in china (China is able to make education cheap and affordable, in a large part due to heavy government subsidies ) ,as a matter of fact Germany has a very good system -health,and education is free and nobody can fault the quality of both their health care and education...you are probably right about Japan -but it is extremely hard to get into university there.

but the point is that ben bruce should first ask his colleagues to reduce their take home pay --nigeria cannot afford it..what we need to do, is invest in the future and that is quality cheap education.

The cheapest school in China is around 2000 pounds. IE universities

In Nigeria it is below 300 pounds for the most expensive university

Germans pay half their income in taxes for the freebies you mention.

Look, if we were to apply German method of funding to Nigeria, you guys would be paying half your salary as tax, and you people won't agree.

University is expensive. It is a bitter truth.

What you want is 20000000 naira education at 2000 naira. It is not possible
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Felixv: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Look, if we were to apply German method of funding to Nigeria, you guys would be paying half your salary as tax, and you people won't agree.

you are not comparing apples to apples -the average income of a Nigerian is very low -nothing compared to that of china,germany or any other western country.

Education is a right and it should not be a privilege -you talk of taxes in Germany as if the people are groaning,I have been to Waldorf,Berlin and Heidelberg and the people there have a great life in-spite of the so called high taxes you mentioned -same in Canada where education is free.

Nigeria must invest more in education -private university are not the answer because that would lead to elitism , and then the best secondary students would miss out on a university education.

In the US now ,there are some states who are introducing some form of free education -new york is one of them and I believe California has a scheme that allow free education in community colleges.

as I stated before (which you ignored) we should not be paying our politicians huge salaries (and pensions) at the expense of our children's future. I went to university of lagos and, I and many of my colleagues were about to get a great education.

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
ogawisdom:

And your chicken brain assumes that everyone must go to school. those who can't afford it should learn hard work or a trade

You're million miles away from your username. Even the bible esteems education.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Ken4agent(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Privatize Gov skools kill u there!!
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
writerights:

While I may have exaggerated the whole scenario, you're wrong to think 500 million from diploma students for a session and the 125 million paid for diploma form would be enough to maintain infrastructure, invest in researches, maintain laboratories and what have you. Unilag Students pay #25,500 only for hostel fees and not #100,000 as you earlier stated. This is paid via remitta and goes to directly to CBN. Even when you sum it all up, it still amounts to nothing, compared to what is required to fund a standard university with over 80 department.

The seven storey library being built beside Mariere hall would be worth #2 billion on completion. How many more breads does Unilag have to sell to make up for that, if the management were to fend for itself. Probably, the project wouldn't take off at all for fear of squandering a fortune on it or it would take a life time to complete.

To you, #2 billion is a huge sum of money but to a school that have one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria, it's merely a fraction of the fund needed. Unilag pays about #80 million on electricity on monthly basis and it would does so for at least 9 months every session.

You say so much about income but not a single thing about expenditure. May I ask why our schools are still in terrible states even after they earn so much internally generated revenue as you claim and still obtain more from the government?

I never said unilag pays 100k as school fees, the highest fee I paid was 19100..

I'm not saying that the schools should be self funded from IGR, but their IGR should go a long way in assisting their internally generated expenditures eg energy, maintenance of facilities.
Unilag doesn't pay 80m,its pays 50m for power. With their IGR, dey should be able to cover up for this cost.
TSA by this buhari govt is a good ideological but as a failed state, it's very bad.

Privatization of public university would fail from the start judging by hiw well other privatized sector are running.

The new library being constructed, it's not funded by the school. What's tetfund for?
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
sherylbakky:

200k, please show me facts.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
Felixv:

you are not comparing apples to apples -the average income of a Nigerian is very low -nothing compared to that of china,germany or any other western country.

Education is a right and it should not be a privilege -you talk of taxes in Germany as if the people are groaning,I have been to Waldorf,Berlin and Heidelberg and the people there have a great life in-spite of the so called high taxes you mentioned -same in Canada where education is free.

Nigeria must invest more in education -private university are not the answer because that would lead to elitism , and then the best secondary students would miss out on a university education.

In the US now ,there are some states who are introducing some form of free education -new york is one of them and I believe California has a scheme that allow free education in community colleges.

as I stated before (which you ignored) we should not be paying our politicians huge salaries (and pensions) at the expense of our children's future. I went to university of lagos and, I and many of my colleagues were about to get a great education

Thank you for this bro.

Many are saying Germans pays 50% as tax.
A German earns 5k for job a, a Nigerian earns 500naira. How do u expect both of them to be taxed same way, there's somtin called proportionality in taxation. With the 50% that's left with the German after tax, he even earns more than a Nigerian before tax.

Let those lawmakers reduce their salaries by 70%, let the 70% go to education sector.

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
Felixv:

as I stated before (which you ignored) we should not be paying our politicians huge salaries (and pensions) at the expense of our children's future. I went to university of lagos and, I and many of my colleagues were about to get a great education.

Thank you for this bro.

A German earns 5k for job a, a Nigerian earns 500naira. How do u expect both of them to be taxed same way, there's somtin called proportionality in taxation. With the 50% that's left with the German after tax, he even earns more than a Nigerian before tax.

Let those lawmakers reduce their salaries by 70%, let the 70% go to education sector.

1 Like

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Kingspin(m): 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:
It seems like the Dubai trip was about selling anything sellable( assets) in Nigeria.

Why not sell Silverbird group first before we can take you serious.

Modified: To those quoting me about Silverbird group. I think you should direct all your enquiries to AMCON
Even Dubai university are not run by government.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

German economy is by far different from nigeria's. German don't have the natural resources that we've, most of their income are generated from their various industries like manufacturing, construction etc. But for Nigeria, we generate majority of ours from oil, the 2000 you mentioned, indirectly, we pay more than that, because the oil money is everybody's money, you and I are to get our share of it from the subsisization of many basic amenities and education is part of it.
If education is properly funded from the budget and not allocate all the money to servicing the lawmakers pocket, education won't be what it is now.
The wole soyinka and Co that had free education, even cheaper than now, where did the money come from?

Not like we're not paying tax, 6% from each federal worker, 10% as VAT and WHT, where are the money going to.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
greenek:

I never said unilag pays 100k as school fees, the highest fee I paid was 19100..

I'm not saying that the schools should be self funded from IGR, but their IGR should go a long way in assisting their internally generated expenditures eg energy, maintenance of facilities.
Unilag doesn't pay 80m,its pays 50m for power. With their IGR, dey should be able to cover up for this cost.
TSA by this buhari govt is a good ideological but as a failed state, it's very bad.

Privatization of public university would fail from the start judging by hiw well other privatized sector are running.

The new library being constructed, it's not funded by the school. What's tetfund for?

The new library is fully funded by the government but imagine if that were to be the sole responsibility of the the management. The guy I initially responded to says schools should maintain infrastructure and I told him it wasn't gonna work. BTW, I'm currently a student of Unilag. Cool to know you.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
greenek:

200k, please show me facts.
Yes, oduduwa uni fee is under 200k 4 some art, social n mgt courses, Al-hikmah fee ranges frm 137-289k 4 som courses in art/humanities, social n management too. JABU fee frm 200l is a lil above 200k in som departments (NOTE: tho,not in all dept, fees ar higher in some other dept,esp science dept)...if u cant visit des schs...google is ur frnd. And just imagine 2 state govt wanted increasing lautech sch fee 2 250k. So, wot exactly ar we talkin abt here?
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
bid4rich:

God bless you jare
Amen, u too
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Gr8amechi: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
rapid101:
I support dis idea
After dis
Der ll be a private loan banks which ll be in charge of given out loans to student to pay for school fees and at d been paid gradually wen de get job wit dis out eduction system ll b competitive, churning out real graduate not d nonsense we ve. In SA and other western world dis I'd how it don were by tax is paid as revenue by dis university, at d end more money to be made by d fed. Govt and d money goes round to every citizen. He who has ear let him hear, he who with eyes let em see clearly
Which job is available??
If you think corruption from school management made the schools not work don't you think the loan bank money will also be embezzled??
Do you know that most countries in Europe have free education to all levels with high quality??
With all the fees our private universities pay how many of them are in top 5 in Africa??
You have to wake up and understand that our problem isn't about selling but we must deal with the primary issue.
What happened to power that has been privatized??
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
sherylbakky:

Yes, oduduwa uni fee is under 200k 4 some art, social n mgt courses, Al-hikmah fee ranges frm 137-289k 4 som courses in art/humanities, social n management too. JABU fee frm 200l is a lil above 200k in som departments (NOTE: tho,not in all dept, fees ar higher in some other dept,esp science dept)...if u cant visit des schs...google is ur frnd. And just imagine 2 state govt wanted increasing lautech sch fee 2 250k. So, wot exactly ar we talkin abt here?

Please properly ask this student in this schools, they pay that sum per semester..

I can boldy say this cos I have friends in oduduwa university and many of those middle range private schools like Caleb, dey pay this sum per semester and not session
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by greenek: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
writerights:

The new library is fully funded by the government but imagine if that were to be the sole responsibility of the the management. The guy I initially responded to says schools should maintain infrastructure and I told him it wasn't gonna work. BTW, I'm currently a student of Unilag. Cool to know you.

Cool to know you to bro.

Maintaining infrastructure is different from erecting it. Govt erects, the school maintains
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Gr8amechi: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
greenek:

Thank you for this bro.

It's not true that everyone pays 50% of their income, check again.
They tax everyone differently by a percentage that's based on his total annual.
The higher you earn the higher your tax, some pay 50% but not all.
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by rapid101(m): 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Which job is available??
If you think corruption from school management made the schools not work don't you think the loan bank money will also be embezzled??
Do you know that most countries in Europe have free education to all levels with high quality??
With all the fees our private universities pay how many of them are in top 5 in Africa??
You have to wake up and understand that our problem isn't about selling but we must deal with the primary issue.
What happened to power that has been privatized??

My broda Watin u want make i talk na

Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Gr8amechi: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
rapid101:

My broda Watin u want make i talk na

My brother, it's time for we to say enough is enough, just take out time and google education and healthcare in all European countries and Canada and see how well managed they are, the painful aspect is they don't have natural resources but take out time to check out Africa you would see that we are all in similar condition.
My brother, no body would save us, no one will fight our course, we must all stand up and bring a revolution, not necessarily through war but we can do it, we need an awakening to sweep the whole of Africa
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by rapid101(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gr8amechi:

My brother, it's time for we to say enough is enough, just take out time and google education and healthcare in all European countries and Canada and see how well managed they are, the painful aspect is they don't have natural resources but take out time to check out Africa you would see that we are all in similar condition.
My brother, no body would save us, no one will fight our course, we must all stand up and bring a revolution, not necessarily through war but we can do it, we need an awakening to sweep the whole of Africa
I support u
But nigeria youth re d most useless set of pple in d world. Apart from independent ve we eva agreed on any tin together?. Der ll never b revolution in nigeria
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Gr8amechi: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
rapid101:
I support u
But nigeria youth re d most useless set of pple in d world. Apart from independent ve we eva agreed on any tin together?. Der ll never b revolution in nigeria
Brother, revolution starts gradual.
I have spoken with quite a number and it's very sad how most feel but one thing you can be sure is every average Nigeria is afraid to start something but will always join once it starts.
We can come together and design a future for this nation, we can create a developmental plan that can span 10 to 20 years and create a structure and platform to achieve that
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by rapid101(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Brother, revolution starts gradual.
I have spoken with quite a number and it's very sad how most feel but one thing you can be sure is every average Nigeria is afraid to start something but will always join once it starts.
We can come together and design a future for this nation, we can create a developmental plan that can span 10 to 20 years and create a structure and platform to achieve that
am wit u, were do we start, cus I can't run away from my own country, am tired. Kill all d atikus,d Buhari's, d Tinubus, sarakis nd co
Naija must better
Re: "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce by Gr8amechi: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
rapid101:
am wit u, were do we start, cus I can't run away from my own country, am tired. Kill all d atikus,d Buhari's, d Tinubus, sarakis nd co
Naija must better
Please send me a pm.
We start there, am planning on we starting threads and different online movements to get our structure gradually started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zamfara Traditional Rulers Arrested For Serving As Bandits' Informants / Methodist Prelate, Samuel Uche, Regains Freedom / How Governors, Senators, Others Stopped Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.