Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t (17171 Views)

Do Not Celebrate Yet Chris Ngige Warns APC / We Will Support A President From The West If He Is Not Tunubu. / Stop Linking Me To Re-Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu, Ngige Warns IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by chinwe1960: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2018
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has warned the South-East they could miss out on a chance to produce the president of the country in 2023.

The people of the zone have failed in their bid to have one of their own as the leader of the country since the return of democratic rule in 1999, and Ngige believes they have a chance to grab the post if they play their cards right in the 2019 general elections.

Speaking with reporters in Obosi in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State on Sunday, Ngige said President Muhammadu Buhari’s reelection was the South-East’s shortest route to the presidency.

He said, “This man (Buhari) has only one term (four years) to do and go home, and an Igboman will replace him. But if you leave this shortest route and take a gamble, you are on your own.”

He added, “If Igbo refuse to play their cards right in next year’s general elections, the South-West will take away the chance from them.

“They will produce the next president after Buhari, because the zone has shown demonstrable commitment to Buhari’s cause.

“My good friend Babatunde Fashola has blown the whistle. What he said should be a warning signal to the Igbo, because you can’t stop the South-West from producing the next president of the country after supporting Buhari and the APC government.

“That is why I’m telling our people now to come out en masse in next year’s election and vote for Buhari, so that nothing will stop you from succeeding him in 2023.”

He described the vice-presidential slot given to the Igbo by the Peoples Democratic Party as a “mere spare tyre that might be used for over six years”.

According to the minister, it is not true that Buhari hates the Igbo, stressing that the late Dr Chuba Okadigbo, Edwin Ume-Ezeoke and others were close friends with the President.

The minister said the Buhari government had provided infrastructure in the South-East, saying he deserved their support.

He insists the real Buhari is the one ruling the country, dismissing the rumours about a cloned Buhari at Aso Rock.

Ngige said “we should stop listening to all these gutter talks” that one Jubril from Sudan or Chad is the one ruling the country, as the real Buhari is dead.

He said, “I’m talking to you as medical doctor. If you are well treated by your doctor, you will be rejuvenated; that’s the case with Buhari. That is why is bubbling with life. His doctors treated him well.”

The minister added, “I see him regularly. He’s the Buhari who worked as the minister of petroleum; he the Buhari who was the Head of State of this country. He remembers all these.

“I asked our people to come out and vote massively for him in the 2019 general elections. We should stop listening to all these gutter talks. The man in Aso Rock is Buhari and no other person. I see him regularly. He’s the man that employed us as ministers and the one we meet with during FEC meetings.”

Source :
http://www.statereporters.com/2018/12/10/ngige-warns-igbo-lose-2023-presidency-south-west-dont-vote-buhari-now/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by emmie14: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2018
Let the presidency go to South west. We have adopted Atiku no going back.

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Omeokachie: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2018
SW can take 2023 as long as we get rid of the incompetent lifeless tyrant in 2019.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2018
The North is interested in holding the power beyond 2023 by voting massively for Atiku cheesy

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2018
Omeokachie:
SW can take 2023 as long as we get rid of the incompetent lifeless tyrant in 2019.

You're right.. APC will never give the SE Senate President, DSP, Speaker as we have witnessed before.

It is better to give the North another 8 years through Atiku Abubakar grin

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by helinues: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2018
Ngige stop playing smart. No major political party in Nigeria will zone their presidential candidates to SE. Not with the current Nigeria political structure.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Ehiscotch(m): 7:20am On Dec 10, 2018
I so do not envy the igbos right now. They have only two choices: the north or the north.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by banom(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2018
Why is it that all Buhari's close friends are late?

14 Likes

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by wilcox(m): 7:26am On Dec 10, 2018
Sometimes I just regret why I bear the same middle name with this man. How will Igbo presidency shape the life of igbos? So we should vote for buhari to continue with his project of destroying the economy and what gives him the assurance that he will hand over power to southeast when he can't appoint any service chief from the zone.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by oyin44: 7:27am On Dec 10, 2018
This and that..jubril or no jubril..it infuriated northern oligarchy a lot..and it might be a credible to Buhari and a discredit to Atiku..
Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by PureMe01: 7:27am On Dec 10, 2018
Ehiscotch:
I so do not envy the igbos right now. They have only two choices: the north or the north.
i envy the yorubas right now.They have the presidential candidates of both APC & PDP from SOUTHWEST. zombie!!!

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by buhariguy(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2018
Because they don't have sense

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Ziggylady(f): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2018
Chris Nigie you are as delusional as your fellow APC goons with no sense..Fashola and every single APC Yoruba political stake-holders are all gunning for a yoruba person in 2023(delusional thinking though) .,That is why they are the biggest supporters of buhar/jubril right now regardless of how terrible this government has been cos they want Osinbade to 'take-over in 2023, come what may,while mumus like you are still fooling yourselves with 'Igbo Presidency' in 2023..

If an Igbo Presidency will ever happen in 2023(highly unlikely) then i can assure you that it is more likely with PDP and not with jubril/buhari/tinubu/APC..

We are wiser than y'all..Sorry.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2018
PureMe01:
i envy the yorubas right now.They have the both presidential candidates from APC & PDP from SOUTHWEST. zombie!!!

Don't mind the Zombie.. The best way is to sensitise the North to hold on to power beyond 2023 through Atiku cheesy

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dumahi(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2018
emmie14:
Let the presidency go to South west. We have adopted Atiku no going back.

Do you ever listen to yourself while talking or typing? You've just said the PRESIDENCY should go to South West as you have adopted ATIKU? So, you are supporting someone to be president but want the presidency to go elsewhere? Well, I understand what you meant to say, but you ended up saying something else. Now, instead of working on this obvious lack of yours, you will begin to rant in defence of it but I won't reply.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2018
The North likes power so it is better to vote Atiku and hold on to power for another 8 years instead of voting Buhari for a miserly 4 years..

Atiku should campaign with this!

cc: Saraki.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Otsam(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2018
chinwe1960:
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has warned the South-East they could miss out on a chance to produce the president of the country in 2023.

The people of the zone have failed in their bid to have one of their own as the leader of the country since the return of democratic rule in 1999, and Ngige believes they have a chance to grab the post if they play their cards right in the 2019 general elections.

Speaking with reporters in Obosi in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State on Sunday, Ngige said President Muhammadu Buhari’s reelection was the South-East’s shortest route to the presidency.

He said, “This man (Buhari) has only one term (four years) to do and go home, and an Igboman will replace him. But if you leave this shortest route and take a gamble, you are on your own.”

He added, “If Igbo refuse to play their cards right in next year’s general elections, the South-West will take away the chance from them.

“They will produce the next president after Buhari, because the zone has shown demonstrable commitment to Buhari’s cause.

“My good friend Babatunde Fashola has blown the whistle. What he said should be a warning signal to the Igbo, because you can’t stop the South-West from producing the next president of the country after supporting Buhari and the APC government.

“That is why I’m telling our people now to come out en masse in next year’s election and vote for Buhari, so that nothing will stop you from succeeding him in 2023.”

He described the vice-presidential slot given to the Igbo by the Peoples Democratic Party as a “mere spare tyre that might be used for over six years”.

According to the minister, it is not true that Buhari hates the Igbo, stressing that the late Dr Chuba Okadigbo, Edwin Ume-Ezeoke and others were close friends with the President.

The minister said the Buhari government had provided infrastructure in the South-East, saying he deserved their support.

He insists the real Buhari is the one ruling the country, dismissing the rumours about a cloned Buhari at Aso Rock.

Ngige said “we should stop listening to all these gutter talks” that one Jubril from Sudan or Chad is the one ruling the country, as the real Buhari is dead.

He said, “I’m talking to you as medical doctor. If you are well treated by your doctor, you will be rejuvenated; that’s the case with Buhari. That is why is bubbling with life. His doctors treated him well.”

The minister added, “I see him regularly. He’s the Buhari who worked as the minister of petroleum; he the Buhari who was the Head of State of this country. He remembers all these.

“I asked our people to come out and vote massively for him in the 2019 general elections. We should stop listening to all these gutter talks. The man in Aso Rock is Buhari and no other person. I see him regularly. He’s the man that employed us as ministers and the one we meet with during FEC meetings.”

Source :
http://www.statereporters.com/2018/12/10/ngige-warns-igbo-lose-2023-presidency-south-west-dont-vote-buhari-now/

Well, one can not blame him, he's in the right place at the right time with the right statements. This is nigeria where some people a concerned about the tribe of the president rather than the performance of the president.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by PureMe01: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2018
dunkem21:

Don't mind the Zombie.. The best way is to sensitise the North to hold on to power beyond 2023 through Atiku cheesy
that's the strategy but for the selfish SE governors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 10, 2018
if we can have a leader that is free and fair, who will move this country forward,

Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba presidency does not really matter.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Ehiscotch(m): 7:38am On Dec 10, 2018
PureMe01:
i envy the yorubas right now.They have the both presidential candidates from APC & PDP from SOUTHWEST. zombie!!!

No. They have a sitting vice president and are currently comfortable with the polity. Not some dreamy group of persons who don't know where their allegiance lies and are in so many conundrums -- biafra or no biafra included too.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2018
PureMe01:
that's the strategy but for the selfish SE governors

There's nothing the selfish SE governors will do..

The North has the voting strength and should also play the tribal card like Fashola.

I'll start the movement.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by buhariguy(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2018
dunkem21:

You're right.. APC will never give the SE Senate President, DSP, Speaker as we have witnessed before.

It is better to give the North another 8 years through Atiku Abubakar grin
the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist will soon start to blame buhari when power return to SW,

Just imaging this one, blaming buhari for their self inflicted failure for producing senate president

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2018
buhariguy:
the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist will soon start to blame buhari when power return to SW,

Just imaging this one, blaming buhari for their self inflicted failure for producing senate president

The North will vote for Atiku to stay in power for another 8 years instead of Buhari's 4 years tongue

The SW will have to wait till 2027 grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2018
dumahi:

Do you ever listen to yourself while talking or typing? You've just said the PRESIDENCY should go to South West as you have adopted ATIKU? So, you are supporting someone to be president but want the presidency to go elsewhere? Well, I understand what you meant to say, but you ended up saying something else. Now, instead of working on this obvious lack of yours, you will begin to rant in defence of it but I won't reply.
He simply meant he doesn't care where the presidency goes in 2023, but for 2019, he has resolved to vote for Atiku.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Ziggylady(f): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2018
dunkem21:
The North likes power so it is better to vote Atiku and hold on to power for another 8 years instead of voting Buhari for a miserly 4 years..

Atiku should campaign with this!

cc: Saraki.

I agree.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by ZombieTAMER: 7:49am On Dec 10, 2018
Ngige is a Fool

Little did he know that Buhari and tinubu has already sealed the deal about 2023

Tinubu will take over or appoint his minion...

Silly midget

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 10, 2018
What blind, misplaced arrogance!! angry Who told you APC will go beyond a single term? Is that why you, Ngige, Okorocha and Uzoh Kalu have been positioning yourself for an imaginary VP slot, by fawning around with Buhari and soiled hands Tinubu? And those of you SE ministers in his incredibly nepotistic govt, what positions did he give you compared to his people and SW co-conspirators? Junior, insignificant ministers, right?

Did you know if God has rejected Buhari? I know some of the spiritual dimensions to these things, but won't say here or anywhere for now. But just a hint... No, I still won't say that one. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:50am On Dec 10, 2018
iAudio:

He simply meant he doesn't care where the presidency goes in 2023, but for 2019, he has resolved to vote for Atiku.

You're right and we have also resolved that the North should hold power till 2027 through Atiku cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Ziggylady(f): 7:52am On Dec 10, 2018
dunkem21:

The North will vote for Atiku to stay in power for another 8 years instead of Buhari's 4 years tongue

The SW will have to wait till 2027 grin

SW should wait till 2045 or 2053 if Nigeria still exist then.....2053 is actually the earliest they deserve.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by PureMe01: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2018
Ehiscotch:

No. They have a sitting vice president and are currently comfortable with the polity. Not some dreamy group of persons who don't know where their allegiance lies and are in so many conundrums -- biafra or no biafra included too.
the quote i mentioned was "i don't envy the igbos right now,they have to make the choice either from the north or the north".so ur mention above is simply trying to shift the goalpost.."if thou lack comprehension,thou shalt not mention"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by dunkem21(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2018
Ziggylady:

I agree.

Atiku should be paying me. I'll release another strategy before flagging off my campaign as DG of Atiku campaign group on NL.

I have over a thousand ideas never used in any campaign before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 10, 2018
An idiot that can't even win his polling unit at home still get mouth to talk.

Ewu fulani.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Military Brigade In Borno, Kills Army Lieutenant, Vigilantes / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures / Onyebuchi Chukwu Decamps From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.