Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter (16074 Views)

Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by lookingfly: 8:53am On Dec 12, 2018
KenOne:
You see the kind of lawmakers PDP produces, a PDP lawmaker that does not know the rules of the house.

PDP will be killed in February presidential election and buried in March governorship election.
what is this one saying undecided
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by straighttalk(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2018
Mutually
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by lookingfly: 9:00am On Dec 12, 2018
jomoh:
Now I know the Nigerian “law makers” are very foolish and in intelligent.

There are some people hell bent on ensuring that the election is cancelled (like in kenya) because of an electoral bill that will cause so much confusion.

They knew they want to amend the electoral law but went on a 3month unnecessary recess now they’re trying to muzzle the president into signing.

Bunch of jokers.
do you know how many times buhari has refused to sign the bill?

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Xisnin(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2018
kollinpowel:
So many house members are just in the house for the sake of their pocket ,but their head is as blank as a plain paper. If truly they don't have any hidden agenda in the bill sent to the President why insist on him signing it ASAP and if am not mistaken this particular bill spent over 8 months in the house before sending it to the table of the president to sign.
They thought he was like Jonathan who won't go through what is been sent to him.
Are you looking in the mirror?
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by unitysheart(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2018
new2012:
This guy has been in the House of rep for 16 years... 16 fuckkng years!

And so? Lawmakers can die while in office. They are not limited by terms.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Ologogoro: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2018
nnachukz:
From the way they are sounding, both the PDP and some APC members looks like they are in to override the President's decision. Even the so called impossible 2/3 can be gotten. You can see members from both divides hammering on their right to override him.

Its clear you don't understand politics. Do you expect the APC reps to say they can't override him even though they knew the house can't get 2/3 of the members required to do it. Even the PDP Reps know its not possible.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by teepain: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2018
wink
lookingfly:

All over The world, Presidents withhold their assents to bills; Presidents have the right to assent to or veto any bill while the Lawmakers reserve the right to override the veto, if they can muster a 2/3rd majority.

If they can't muster the required 2/3rd majority, it means the bill is not as popular with the legislators as they want us to believe!
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Zona123(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2018
zlantanfan:
PDP and stupidity, the president isn't a rubber stamp to sign all your wishes, he has his constitutional duty to pass or sign.

If they are intelligent they would be finding the impossible 2/3 and stop wailing

Get sense you no want, is the National Assembly a property of the PDP or us it only the PDP senators and REPS that passed the bill? Which party has the majority in both chambers? You better receive sense or keep quiet when you don't understand the issue on ground. No be must say you go contribute
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Zona123(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2018
MYBLOCUS:
NO HIS NOT GOING TO SIGN IT LET THEM GO TO HELL ALL THEIR PLANS AS BEING BUSTED ,THAT WAS HOW 2015 ELECTION WAS CONDUCTED WHY NOW
Whose plans? Oh goodness me, when will since people become sensitive? Wait are you trying to tell me that the APC senators who are the majority in a house where this bill was passed are planning against your lord and god Buhari?
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by docadams: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Madaki, should be guided accordingly! Don't be too hasty!

Rather table it on the Order Paper for debate.

Okay

I eagerly await Gbajabiamila's side of argument today.

I want to know how they can defend the presidency refusal to sign the electoral bill undecided

Do they need to defend the president. Nooo! They can afford to leave the house to PDP members to filibuster until time to vote. Result won't still change.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by dokunbam(m): 10:50am On Dec 12, 2018
teepain:
wink

All over The world, Presidents withhold their assents to bills; Presidents have the right to assent to or veto any bill while the Lawmakers reserve the right to override the veto, if they can muster a 2/3rd majority.

If they can't muster the required 2/3rd majority, it means the bill is not as popular with the legislators as they want us to believe!

cool
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by akdjr(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2018
Always read before making comment.
success1smyn:
the president is afraid most Nigerians are not with him so he wants to get those stupendous figures (from kano, katsina and kaduna) by hook or by crook.

any which way my advice is this

fix the road to daura and let it be in good shape come 2019 (obasanjo going back to ota in 2007 comes to mind)
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by success1smyn(m): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2018
akdjr:
Always read before making comment.
what do you mean

am talking about why the president did not sign the bill into law
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by new2012: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
unitysheart:

And so? Lawmakers can die while in office. They are not limited by terms.

I know that man.. Please say same for David Mark. Naija ain't that ripe
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..David mark has stayed linger in the senate..my brother the youth has no future in this country

I disagree. Any youth who has a game plan they will dedicate themself to fully can become a political leader today. The main problem today is that many young people now want to be Davido or Tiwa Savage so they restrict themselves to hurling insults at leaders while failing to get involved in politics and deliver the change they want to see.

Governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello, is 43. Meaning he became governor at 39. The Nigerian youth should therefore stop complaining as if they have no chance at all to lead. You have to work for it yourself because no one will come to your house and give you political office or power. How many youths are card-carrying members of Political Parties and paying their dues at ward and local government level?
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by babyfaceafrica: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
Oshigun:

I disagree. Any youth who has a game plan they will dedicate themself to fully can become a political leader today. The main problem today is that many young people now want to be Davido or Tiwa Savage so they only rrstrict themselves to hurling insults at leaders while failing to get involved in politics and deliver the change they want to see.

Governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello, is 43. The Nigerian youth should therefore stop complaining as if they have no chance at all to lead. You have to work for it yourself because no one will come to your house and give you political office or power.
hahaha bello is 43 and is one of the most useless governors, dino is a youth and a nuisance in the senate..Dimeji bankole was 37 when he became senate and please what was his achievement?.. the old men has so toxified the political environment that it even infects the youth....I repeat youths cannot soar in this Nigerian environment politically
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
hahaha bello is 43 and is one of the most useless governors, dino is a youth and a nuisance in the senate..Dimeji bankole was 37 when he became senate and please what was his achievement?.. the old men has so toxified the political environment that it even infects the youth....I repeat youths cannot soar in this Nigerian environment politically

Let us not reduce this argument to semantics. You said youths have no future in the Country and I showed otherwise. I did not tell you that it is the right sort of youths involved in politics in the main. The point is that there are youths involved nonetheless meaning your claim of youth disenfranchisement is not strictly true.

I can agree with you that more youths of the right calibre need to join our politics but they must present themselves first before anyone considers them for uplifting as happened with Bankole, Bello, Melaye et al. Stay on the sideline complaining and nothing will change.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by jomoh: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
lookingfly:

Yes he rejected them due to numerous errors.

Errors I believe were intentional to delay the process and bring this public outcry.

Technology for all these electronic voting were allegedly bedgeted for by INEC but they cut the budget and are still forcing the president to sign the law when they didn’t provide money for it.

Everything about the electoral law is a trap to score cheap political points and not to ensure free and fair election as they’re trying to make people believe.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Deepthoughts: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
zlantanfan:
PDP and stupidity, the president isn't a rubber stamp to sign all your wishes, he has his constitutional duty to pass or sign.

If they are intelligent they would be finding the impossible 2/3 and stop wailing
You are just a zombie, buhari has refused to sign this bill for more than four times now despite all the concessions made by the NASS to accommodate his shenanigans,in fact in this last case ITA ENANG his adviser on national assembly matters was co-opted into the bill making process n given a draft of the bill for executive perusal ahead of passage by the NASS,there was no complain from buhari only for him to refuse to assent to it n you zombies want everyone to agree that your fake Mr integrity is acting in national interest!, it's not every body that is ass licker like you.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by zlantanfan: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
Deepthoughts:
You are just a zombie, buhari has refused to sign this bill for more than four times now despite all the concessions made by the NASS to accommodate his shenanigans,in fact in this last case ITA ENANG his adviser on national assembly matters was co-opted into the bill making process n given a draft of the bill for executive perusal ahead of passage by the NASS,there was no complain from buhari only for him to refuse to assent to it n you zombies want everyone to agree that your fake Mr integrity is acting in national interest!, it's not every body that is ass licker like you.
your bitterness would only consume you, why don't you go and accent it yourself
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by lookingfly: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
jomoh:

Errors I believe were intentional to delay the process and bring this public outcry.

Technology for all these electronic voting were allegedly bedgeted for by INEC but they cut the budget and are still forcing the president to sign the law when they didn’t provide money for it.

Everything about the electoral law is a trap to score cheap political points and not to ensure free and fair election as they’re trying to make people believe.
these are all invalid excuses.... The president knows if the next elections is to be fair, he's loosing.so he simply would not sign.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by jomoh: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
lookingfly:
these are all invalid excuses.... The president knows if the next elections is to be fair, he's loosing.so he simply would not sign.

Imagine what you just said.

Visible errors in an electoral law is an invalid excuse?

Removal of card reader is an invalid excuse?

Removing funds budgeted for what you’re including in the electoral law is invalid?

There’s no reasoning with you people.

You’re only grappling at congectures that are not tenable in any sane gathering.

How are you to determine he will loose if he decides to sign the law.

Non of you has provided any legal basis to compel the president to sign the law but the president and his people has provided you with a very valid point.

He has stated the international charters on elections worldwide(not changing the rules of electoral law less than 6months to election). No one has tackled it. Instead you keep repeating “it’s because he will loose”.

Keyamo has provided you people with precedence of a cancelled election as a result of such. None of you has tackled it. Instead you keep repeating “it’s because he will loose”.

Tackle the two key points and stop the invalid point of “he will loose, he will loose”.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Deepthoughts: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2018
zlantanfan:
your bitterness would only consume you, why don't you go and accent it yourself
your own zombism will disgrace n destroy you, very soon you would be taken to next level of buhari feaces consumption from the present level of ass licking,I'm sure you would say it's very delicious.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by Godblesspmb: 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
jomoh:

wailers can go to HELL I don't care.all i know is that my president ll not sign that useless Bill and there is nothing PDP can do. GOD BLESS PMB
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by FearGodinall: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
jomoh:

There are some people hell bent on ensuring that the election is cancelled (like in kenya) because of an electoral bill that will cause so much confusion.

They knew they want to amend the electoral law but went on a 3month unnecessary recess now they’re trying to muzzle the president into signing.

Bunch of jokers.
Have you even read electoral bill or just reharseing people's comments,in the build up to the 2015 general election when the card readers were introduced to enhance credibility in our electoral system,
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by FearGodinall: 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
jomoh:

Bunch of jokers.
Have you even read the bill or just reharseing people's comments in ignorance,during the build up to the 2015 general election when the card readers were introduced to enhance credibility in our electoral system,though ther were winners and losers but does the card readers serve the purpose to help sanitize our electoral system yes but lack the necessary legal backing therefor,some selfish politicians take advantage of this loopholes and manupulated the system,that's why this bill was sponsored to give the necessary lagal backing to insure free,fair and credible election and above all, solve the problem of ballot box snatching and unnecessary rigging in our electoral system.
Re: Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter by jomoh: 12:12am On Dec 13, 2018
FearGodinall:
Have you even read the bill or just reharseing people's comments in ignorance,during the build up to the 2015 general election when the card readers were introduced to enhance credibility in our electoral system,though ther were winners and losers but does the card readers serve the purpose to help sanitize our electoral system yes but lack the necessary legal backing therefor,some selfish politicians take advantage of this loopholes and manupulated the system,that's why this bill was sponsored to give the necessary lagal backing to insure free,fair and credible election and above all, solve the problem of ballot box snatching and unnecessary rigging in our electoral system.

Obviously you’re replying from a preprogrammed mind set the president doesn’t want to sign the bill because it won’t favour him. So you assume I’m condemning the bill because I believed the bill won’t favour the PMB.

With what you wrote above it’s obvious most of you people don’t read between the lines. So let me enlighten you.

These law makers had the whole of 3years after the 2015 election to amend the bill and even test run it at various elections that took place during the years in different states but No they didn’t. They were busy following Saraki to CCT. They didn’t bother to amend it when they were winning but they waited until they lost elections in osun, ekiti, kwara and other places before they decide to amend it. FINE. NO PROBLEM.

But then they still had from January till December to present the bill to the president but NO. They knew they wanted to amend the law but decided to put the NASS on a 3months recess for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. They came back and presented an error filled bill which was sent back.

By the time they finished the correction election campaign has started. We are already 3months close to the election proper.

They new they wanted to amend the bill and INEC was getting ready by budgeting the funds needed for the technology in the bill but yet they cut the bill and diverted the funds to their personal projects.

Now the president has raised these two questions and I’ve not seen anyone answering it. Rather they keep shouting that the president knows he’ll loose.

Here’s my response to someone else I’ll like if you can give answers to the questions there cos that person has refused to answer it.

Imagine what you just said.

Visible errors in an electoral law is an invalid excuse?

Removal of card reader is an invalid excuse?

Removing funds budgeted for what you’re including in the electoral law is invalid?

There’s no reasoning with you people.

You’re only grappling at congectures that are not tenable in any sane gathering.

How are you to determine he will loose if he decides to sign the law.

Non of you has provided any legal basis to compel the president to sign the law but the president and his people has provided you with a very valid point.

He has stated the international charters on elections worldwide(not changing the rules of electoral law less than 6months to election). No one has tackled it. Instead you keep repeating “it’s because he will loose”.

Keyamo has provided you people with precedence of a cancelled election as a result of such. None of you has tackled it. Instead you keep repeating “it’s because he will loose”.

Tackle the two key points and stop the invalid point of “he will loose, he will loose”.

The bottom line is that the timing of the amendment is late now. A lot of court cases and confusion will arise after the elections due to misunderstanding and misinterpreting of the electoral law proper. This will lead to a lot of cancellation of elections like it was done in kenya.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Trusts Women More Than Men - Garba Shehu / Eedris Abdulkareem: Nigerian Govt Covering Up For Gumi, Bandits / UNICAL Sex Scandal: Minister Kennedy Fumes, Vows To Prosecute, Jail Anyone Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.