Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud (2038 Views)

Buhari Reinstates Retired Army General Implicated In Alleged Mass Murder / N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 03, 2010
[size=18pt]NJI Administrator in alleged N6.5 billion fraud[/size]

ADMINISTRATOR of the National Judicial Institute (NJI), Justice Umaru Eri, has been taken before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) over allegation of corruption running into N6.5 billion.

But, Eri has dismissed the allegation, saying “the institute will not be intimidated by any blackmail against its leadership”.

The EFCC and the ICPC, however, confirmed to the Nigerian Compass yesterday that investigations are on-going into the matter.

Resident Consultant of the ICPC, Mr. Folu Olamiti, who confirmed that the commission is already investigating the allegations, said even the Chairman of the commission , Justice Emmanuel Ayoola, is interested in the case and has ordered that investigations should be carried out quickly to ascertain the truth.

In the petition to the EFCC, signed by Danladi Haruna, a worker of the NJI, and acknowledged by the commission, he accused Justice Eri of inflating the cost of some of the items bought at the project site of the institute to the tune of N4.6 billion.

The petitioner also complained that the administrator was aware that his official residence was about 80 per cent completed, but still went ahead to buy a house in Garki area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) at N214.8 million, when the real value of the building as at then was N75 million.

Haruna further alleged that the N90 million generated during NJI workshops, since August 2008 till date, is yet to be accounted for by the administrator, adding that Justice Eri bought a fairly-used fire fighting truck for N68 million when the same truck was displayed within the FCT at the cost of N12 million.

The petitioner further alleged: “Justice Eri mismanaged tax payers’ money by awarding a contract worth N12 million through his Confidential Secretary for the supply of 2,000 cartons of A4 photocopy papers at an inflated price of N6,000 per carton. Meanwhile, a carton goes for N1,500 in the market.

“The items supplied to the store were looted by the Administrator and his cronies. The looting of the store is unprecedented and the 2009 audited report (which was later tampered with) showed a fraud of over N8 million in the store. From January 2010 till date, contracts worth more than N100 million were awarded, but supplies were not made to the store, yet the store received vouchers, audit vouchers, while other financial ledgers were raised and payment made for the fictitious contracts.”

But, Justice Eri, who spoke at the opening ceremony of a national workshop for court registrars and bailiffs in Abuja, noted that the institute would not be disturbed about the allegations.

He added: “Despite the enormous challenges facing the leadership of the institute to achieve the set goals for which (the institute) is established, we are incessantly perturbed by unsavouring detraction to the chagrin of the Nigerian entire judiciary.

“The current leadership of the institute, whose board of governors is headed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu, would remain undaunted, resolute and committed to resisting the unholy antics of renegades piloted by the erstwhile Secretary of the institute whose appointment was terminated along with others for acts that have fallen short of any reasonable and committed public officer.

“These renegades had for many years constituted themselves as untouchable who masqueraded as petition writers, certificate forgers, perpetrators of corruption and under previous administrators, stifled the growth of the institute.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64689:nji-administrator-in-alleged-n65-billion-fraud-&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by NaijaNaWaa: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
Bloody thieves in rotten nation.
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by horwarh(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
bloody hell!!!.if a man in the obscurity judicial institute can steal 6.5 Billion,how much will staffs in the presidency be stealing?>
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by ayo84(m): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
corruption na the order of the day for naija, its so eeasy for a politician or government official to make a billion naira just by signing his/her signature on   some contract papers.its pathetic
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by kobikwelu(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2010
as for the topic,
i am as eager to start aiming my arrows

cos i feel that there is more to this story than meets the eye (not that am making excuses for the man, or i am saying he is innocent)
but we know that every disgruntled element in government will always play the petition to get back at his /her evictees

IMO

***************************DISCLAIMER**************************
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by Akosbaba(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2010
Now i'm very convinced that if i founded a newspaper called daily corruption news,i won't be short of stories.
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by newdeal(m): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
All these negative headlines, corruption in high places, quarreling and bickering among politicians, how leaders rig elections,, ! is it that nothing good is happening among these people in leadership positions or what! Its really frustrating sometimes, hearing all these, when will we begin to get things right?
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by mrkoma2012: 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2010
At all levels of governance, nigeria officals and leaders have the act of embezzlement and corruption that i fear that this nation will never progress until maximum punishment such as death and confistication of all assets until accurate proof of earnings.
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by ahidjo: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
We just ha a hopelessly dumb president. That man disgusts me. It can only happen in a country where we have a man like him as president. Terribly pathetic!!!
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by chelseabmw(m): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2010
Every where fraud.Nigeria should be changed from Nigeria to fraud
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by sessy2(f): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
[/quote][quote author=ahidjo link=topic=490149.msg6503898#msg6503898 date=1280849632]
We just ha a hopelessly dumb president. That man disgusts me. It can only happen in a country where we have a man like him as president. Terribly pathetic!!!
not only you does he disgust my brother. sad
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by tunyus(m): 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2010
it is just very painfull somebody is from this part of the world(NAIJA)among all these idiot
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by confluence: 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
Dear All,
Nigeria is in BIG Trouble regarding this Corruption issue. That Justice in question (Umaru Eri) was Chief judge of Kogi state for more
than 10 years .While in office is the same issue Inflation of contracts sum. That is how they loot every available fund in the treasury,
For God sake that man is in his late seventies, No shame.
Re: Nji Administrator In Alleged N6.5 Billion Fraud by Kilode1: 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
These people no dey steal small money again ni?

what do they manufacture at the NJI to give this man access to N6billion? anyway, what do I know.

(1) (Reply)

Olawepo Promises 400,000 Jobs In Kwara / Northern Leader in LAgos Ask Nigerians Why They Are Not Protesting Against BH / Will Nigeria Ever Break Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.