Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System (23140 Views)

Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System / 60 Reps Seek Change From Presidential To Parliamentary System / Tanko Yakassai: People Who Control The Media Wants Nigeria To Break-Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by IBvoss(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
rottennaija:

Before answering airing my idea, I would want to say, today, we look to Ghana for what they have achieved so far in their economy. But we forget that they was a time Ghana was worse off than Nigeria. General Jerry John Rawlings carried out what was basically a purge in Ghana and reposition the country as we come to see and appreciate it today.

I'm not in anyway saying we should try that in Nigeria. Not that we can even succeed, even if we try. But truth is, the average Nigerian is corrupt. It's endemic in our system. More than 95% of our leaders and politicians are corruption and the younger generation are trained to be corrupt after their master.

If we can purge them, then we can set ourselves free and start something new. But it's impractical, not even the law can help purge them because the law was made to favour them.

But without stopping corruption in our system, forget it, we will always build on faulty grounds. And those coming to invest in our country will be the corrupt minded ones and so corruption begets corruption.

This... Even if we purge these sets of corrupt politicians, the new ones to occupy the vacant positions are just going to be exactly the same. The difficulties of Nigeria can be extremely alleviated just by the creation of some very stringent laws regarding corrupt and fraudulent practices, but the present lawmakers and executive will never let that happen, as it is to their disadvantage.

They want things to all remain the same. In fact, most Nigerians with political aspirations don't want the system to change, so that they can have their own 'take'.

Even if by some miracle, the proposed brutal laws on corrupt practices and others are created, as long as the same set of people still remain in power, the laws will be non-functional. The corrupt judiciary and executive arm will still find their way around the laws.

The future of Nigeria lies with the people. We need to change our docile and passive attitude to give Nigeria a baptism; a baptism of blood! We can't rely on the government anymore, we need to take matters into our own hands and purge these criminals out of our system; with iron and blood!

It's not going to be easy, many would die, there would be conflicting view and factions, things could go wrong at any time, but i believe it's the only choice we can afford, for a timely revitalization of our country.

APC, PDP... All these political parties are one and the same. They are collectively a single coat with different colors!

If Nigeria is to have a radical positive change, these people and their system must die! The like-minded new generation of thieves they're grooming to replace them, must also be cut off. We must undergo a nirvana rebirth; birth from destruction, just like the Phoenix which rises from its own ashes and soars among the high heavens.

We too can soar like the Phoenix, but there must be a sacrifice. There is always a price for everything and that price is war! The government has failed us and we must point our blades towards them.

Even though they might appear to hold enormous power, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, more stronger than the unified will of the people. It all in our hands, it's all our choice, no one is going it do it for us. I know we are ready, even though it might not look so on the surface, subconsciously we are. We are fed up with how things are. Deep down, no one is happy with what Nigeria has become.

There may be smiles on our faces, but those are just to cope with the pain of our bleeding souls. All we are lacking right now, is a pioneer to steer us to that direction; the direction of revolution!

No one wants to be that pioneer right now, but sooner or later it's going to occur. I prefer, it be sooner than later. At least, I want to witness a better Nigeria in my short my time on earth, so I can depart peacefully, fully aware I'm leaving a safe ground for my descendants and theirs to come.

The aftermath of a revolution is always never a smooth transition. But one thing we must have in place and commit to ourselves, are institutions and laws that extremely prevent all manner and sorts of corrupt and fraudulent practice and promotes responsibility while breeding honesty.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by Bacon21(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
Foolish idea that would only make it worse
Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by Mccullum: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
Not all parliamentary system of government use unicameral legislature, UK parliamentary has three legislatures the first is The Queen in council, the second is House of Lords and the third one is House of Commons as they manage it well without allowing larger part of government funds to be for payment of salaries to political office holders unlike Nigeria that allows that to happen.

No system of government that is bad but insincerity of political actors makes it look bad, I think what Nigeria need is genuine zeal to server not to embezzle and let justice to stand for all.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by DogmaNation: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
The subject at hand is beyond your scope of understanding. Do well to trudge along to other threads that suit your mental and emotional specification boy.

Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by anukulapo: 3:07am On Dec 14, 2018
Corrinthians:
Even though its a noble idea, these guys know they're simply chasing shadows.

Nigerians and they themselves know one if the things every Joe on the streets yearn for since '99, and that is for these men to Considerably cut back on their salaries and allowances and push for capital punishment for corruption, sadly, these two are the LEAST TALKED ABOUT items by the crooks.

Wouldn't such laws as stated above be far less easier to draft, pass, and implement as opposed to such complex endeavour like changing our system of government?

These guys are simply jobless and looking for ways to appear busy. Last time we checked, they have over five hundred bills unattended to on their desks.

Keep decievinf yourselves thinking you're deceiving Nigerians.
Let us take it easy on them. They're just trying to work for the largees they get for seating and doing whatever. Lol.

We're stuck with these guys.

Worse, I think many people are not sure they want want. Make the country good OR be in the shoes of these opportunities and oppressors.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System by foxton: 7:14am On Dec 14, 2018
ManirBK:
To HELL with Legislooters united we are moving to the next level Buhari till 2023!
speak for urself, ODE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suleiman Musa Nasko: Constituents Chase Niger State Lawmaker Out Of Community / Photos: Yahaya Bello, Kogi Governor-Elect Receives Certificate Of Return / #PDPHouseOfHunger Trends On Twitter (See Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.