Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

A Blogger's Rant #childnotbride - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Blogger's Rant #childnotbride (324 Views)

Sochey's little Rant book! / My Ordeals On Becoming A Blogger / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Blogger's Rant #childnotbride by Akukom: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2018

My neighbour is just 16! How crazy can people be O my God, what is this world turning into… my pregnant neighbour is just 16 and she’s married to a man whose age is no lesser than 45. I can’t even date him and she’s married to him. That’s so insensitive of her parents, its pure wickedness and hatred. I am filled with disgust at the pure insensitivity of humans; this girl can barely take care of herself not to talk of two human beings, I pray she doesn’t suffer complications during child birth. She is just so young; I can’t even imagine my younger sister telling me an older guy is checking her out not to talk of talking marriage with her, I will kill someone. What a wicked world.

Talking to Amanda, she narrated her story to me of how her aunt came to cajole her parents to marry her off to a rich suitor due to their inability to provide the necessary needs of their children which led to her marriage to this paedophile. Well Amanda looks more mature than her age which led to her parents increasing her age and eventually lying to the man about her age, according to her the man later found out and still agreed to marry her that he liked them innocent and city girls aren’t that.

I have watched her these past few months, watched how she had changed from a young, innocent village girl to a young mature woman with loads bigger than her shoulders, her walking system changing due to well we know what, her body becoming quite more attractive leading to all these boys ogling for her body.

I have seen the neighbours turning blind eyes to her predicament but I’m sure they know what she’s going through; we all know what she’s going through in the hands of that man. In all of that I see her pain, her emptiness, her hurt, her envy seeing the young girls going to school why she’s not, the way she feels when she knows she’s stuck in a man’s house with no other future to look forward to; faced with responsibilities that are not meant to be hers at this time of her life all in the name of helping her family.

Why didn’t the boys learn trades, why didn’t they tell them to hawk, why marriage of all things, it’s really horrible, seeing a young girl her age in a man’s house as a wife not a daughter. Girls her age are having boys break their hearts, first loves, they are trying out dresses for parties, they are taking their first bad steps in life, and they are losing their virginity. They are having sleep overs, they are gossiping about cute boys.

Ooo her teenage days are lost in the arms of an older man, in a home as a wife, and with another human coming from her. It’s a sad feeling and a sad thought to think of; it is disheartening that the issue of child marriage has not really been a thing of debate in the world because it still happens and everyone just sympathises from afar with no action whatsoever. The abuse these young ones face in the hands of their husbands, or is it their short lived goals and aspirations or the complications faced during child birth which eventually leads to their death.

Amanda gets beaten, even at that she cleans, cooks, and then her muffled screams from the pain of sexual intercourse with her paedophilic husband… I am going crazy thinking about this, I am going to rescue her from all of this, but how? Kill him my mind says and I think I would go with that…

Weeks, months went by and it was like my plan had been fully laid out; I go to their house to offer a helping hand..
Continue:https://akukom.com/a-bloggers-rant-childnotbride/

Source:[url]Akukom.com[/url]
Re: A Blogger's Rant #childnotbride by Ilawless(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2018

(1) (Reply)

The Power In Making A Decision / It’s Possible / Unforgiven Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.