Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos (2627 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Accused Of Destroying Ohafia Communities In Abia / Ekiti Asphalt Plant Commences Operation (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu: How I Was Smuggled Out Of Nigeria During Operation Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by PrettyCrystal: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2018
The Nigerian army has been accused of extra-judicial killing after some men believed to be soldiers killed two unarmed elderly men in cold blood. 

Activist and social commentator on Nigerian and international affairs, Kayode Ogundamisi, revealed how the men were led to their deaths before they were executed along with their donkeys. 

It is suspected that the men were aiding Boko Haram elements in the northern part of the country that's why they were executed but Nigerians have argued that they would have been arrested and interrogated to gather more information and not killed since they were unarmed.

Writing about the issue on Twitter, Ogundamisi said; 

I support and appreciate the sacrifice of our military, however the activities of few bad eggs should never be condoned, covered up or allowed to be the price we have to pay for fighting the insurgency. 

A lot had been achieved in terms of security and the rules of engagement, we have a lot to do, and we can improve. Acts as seen in the video will compromise the heroic efforts of the greater majority of our forces, who by the way are doing their very best within the limitations.

Despicable acts isolates our military and puts our forces in grave danger of not getting the needed cooperation from the locals. The insurgents will use, have been using isolated incidents as a means of getting the corporation of locals who pass information to Boko Haram ISWAP.

It is understandable that the men in the video were on edge, suspecting the civilians of being Boko Haram informants, If they are found to be Boko Haram informants, why execute them? Why not hold them? take care of them so they can be used to gather more info and intelligence.

That the executors even filmed the execution show they have normalised such extra judicial killings, it means more efforts is needed to support our troops on rules of engagement, the impact of loosing comrades to terrorists could see them thinking more of revenge than win battles

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/soldiers-execute-unarmed-men-during-clearance-operation-in-borno.html

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by PrettyCrystal: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2018

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by madridguy(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2018
lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Donald95(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2018
What proof Does These Weaklings have to backup their boko Haram assertions on these old men .They are always Good at showing off muscle when they see unarmed citizen.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by pyyxxaro: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
lalasticlala

Leave lalasticlala alone

He's in zaa ozaaaa room with Aunty Tonto lipsrsealed
Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by azpekuliar: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Each time Amnesty International calls them out, they will deny with their lying filthy mouths.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by austinsmat(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
It is finished. No wonder NA don't want unisef again in the northeast.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by helinues: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
This is barbaric and must be condemned

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by DrGoodman: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Just like the NA always does

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by BoboKush(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2018
There was a country
Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Warship: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Zoo

Murderers in uniforms

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by magoo10(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2018
Anybody aiding and protecting Boko Haram members must be a harden criminal unfortunately their elite made us to know that bokoharam is north and north is bokoharam.
Kill them terrorists
Non is worth living

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by goodnessme1(f): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2018
nigeria army only get power where unarmed and helpless people dey.but when they see armed boko haram run away.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Warship: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2018
magoo10:
Anybody aiding and protecting Boko Haram members must be a harden criminal unfortunately their elite made us to know that bokoharam is north and north is bokoharam.
Kill them terrorists
Non is worth living

How do you know he works for BH and even if you are right, do you know if he was forced to work for BH.?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by austinsmat(m): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2018
Warship:

How do you know he works for BH and even if you are right, do you know if he was forced to work for BH.?
don't mind him, he is one of does pay per post on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by magoo10(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2018
Warship:

if you catch a thief and he tells you he was forced to steal what will you do to him?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Warship: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2018
magoo10:
if you catch a thief and he tells you he was forced to steal what will you do to him?

Hand him over to the military police.

You must be a Yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by magoo10(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2018
Warship:

Hand him over to the military police.

You must be a Yoruba man
lol bros I am Ibo and a non tribal one for that matter.
I no you expect me to support bokoharam but how will I support animals that drink human blood.
In as much as python dancers deserve every punishment for killing innocent harmless protesters anyone providing refuge for the bokoharam group also deserves death because they also aide in taking human lives.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by jchioma: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2018
Nigerian soldiers have been so demoralized that killing of unharmed citizens is now seen to be normal.
Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by daddytime(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2018
Jeez...this is extra judicial, a norm the Nigerian military and police have for long embraced as normal and taken to new levels.

I am glad this very one was caught and recorded on tape. The ICC needs to look into this and bring these uniformed killers to book.

Enough of the wanton slaughtering of unarmed civilians from the East to the Middle belt, South and North.

What evil....even the poor innocent ketekete that was forced into being a transporter most likely against his wish was not spared..

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Auladimeji1: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2018
What if that man is an informant of Boko harm,everyone is a suspect. Shelah angry

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Auladimeji1: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2018
Warship:

Force?Boko harm doesn't force the male to join them.The male join voluntarily because they enjoy so many benefits
Only the female were force but not all

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Blakjewelry(m): 7:41am On Dec 16, 2018
mehn this is bad, what of the many untold ones hmmm
Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by balanceofterror1(m): 7:42am On Dec 16, 2018
Donald95:
What proof Does These Weaklings have to backup their boko Haram assertions on these old men .They are always Good at showing off muscle when they see unarmed citizen.

Watch your tongue and stop insulting the army. This is why people like you are beaten up daily by our men.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by bubu2019: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2018
magoo10:
lol bros I am Ibo and a non tribal one for that matter.
I no you expect me to support bokoharam but how will I support animals that drink human blood.
In as much as python dancers deserve every punishment for killing innocent harmless protesters anyone providing refuge for the bokoharam group also deserves death because they also aide in taking human lives.

I swear you are not Igbo my niga.igbos don't reason the way you do.complete morron

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Donald95(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2018
balanceofterror1:

Watch your tongue and stop insulting the army. This is why people like you are beaten up daily by our men.

Will you shut up. You ought to be ashamed of your Army

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by FarahAideed: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2018
They soldier in video accused them of trying to run away when they saw their vehicle coming . But the question is which sane Nigerian doesn't try to get away when they see the POORLY trained Nigerian Army show up , doesn't the military men action justify why these two old men tried to hide when they saw them ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by jessedaflow: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2018
Nigerian army re damn mad, they need to undergo rehabilitation, or rather sack all,starting frm their general burutai and start recruitment process all over again, hw can u kill an armless man, even if he is an isis, then wat will u be expecthng frm their brothers,children to do, well, they will want to revenge by joining bokoharam..thereby increasing the number of bokoharam millitias.. get ready 4 more combat.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by magoo10(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2018
bubu2019:

I swear you are not Igbo my niga.igbos don't reason the way you do.complete morron
that one is your business
If insulting people are your qualification of being an ibo then you should ask where you come from, there must have been some mix up in your blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Accused Of Executing Unarmed Elderly Men During Operation . Photos by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2018
Huuuuuuhh

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sai Bubu Won! / What Is The Benefit Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? / I Didn’t Strip Anybody, They Were In Sex Escapade ― Gbagi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.