Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing (4695 Views)

Islam And Catholics Come From The Same Place — Pete Edochie(vid) / Christians Come And Explain This My Heart Hurts (photos) / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2018
Ubenedictus:

There is nothing flawed about it every mother of the king in the davidic dynasty is a queen mother having her own throne besides the king.

Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ a king according to Luke 1 of the davidic dynasty, his mother is automatically queen mother... Simple as ABC as for early Christians see them below.

St.Jerome tells us "We should realize that Mary means Lady in the Syrian language."

St. Peter Chrysologus says "The Hebrew name ‘Mary’ means ‘Domina’ [Lady] in Latin. The Angel therefore calls her Lady so that the Mother of the Lord, whom the authority of her Son made and caused to be born and to be called the Lady, might be without servile fear."

St. Ephrem has Mary say:
"Let Heaven sustain me in its embrace, because I am honored above it. For heaven was not Thy mother, but Thou hast made it Thy throne. How much more honorable and venerable than the throne of a king is his mother."

He also says of her:
"...girl, empress and ruler, queen, lady, protect and keep me in your arms lest Satan who causes evil exult against me, lest my wicked foe be glorified against me."

St. Gregory Nazianzen calls her "the Mother of the King of the entire universe" as well as "Virgin Mother who brought forth the King of the entire world."

Epiphanius of Constantinople said that the unity of the Church would be preserved "by the grace of the Holy and the con-substantial trinity and by the prayers of Mary, Our Lady, the holy and glorious Virgin and Mother of God."

St Andrew of Crete tells us "His ever-virgin Mother, from whose womb He, being God, took on human form, He today transports from earthly dwellings as Queen of the human race."
also : "the Queen of the entire human race faithful in reality to the meaning of her name, who is exalted above all things save only God himself."

St. Germanus says to her : "Be seated, Lady, for it is fitting that you should sit in a high place since you are a Queen and glorious above all kings."

St. John Damascene calls her : "Queen, ruler, and lady"

An Anonymous Eastern Father calls her "the perpetual Queen beside the King, her Son...whose glorious head is crowned with a golden diadem."

St. Ildephonsus of Toledo proclaims "O my Lady, my Ruler, Thou who governs me, Mother of my Lord...Lady among the handmaidens, Queen among sisters."

Why don’t you show us the bible to back up the adoration and worship of Mary sir..... educate us on that sir.

And also every Christian is a saint says the bible you gave the world....
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2018
Kingdante:

Why don’t you show us the bible to back up the adoration and worship of Mary sir..... educate us on that sir.

where did you see it?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2018
Kingdante:

I work with facts and figure, that information is on Wikipedia and on every major website owned and/or affliated to the Catholic Church, I was a seminarian (order of st Augustine) and we were ever taught that same information about the council of Nicaea ...... I will like you to enlighten me pls if you have a different view or understand regarding that, I am open minded.

You must have been the most ignporant seminarian ever!!!little wonder you were eventually led astray.The biblical canon was never discussed at all at the first council of Nicea.No catholic seminary will teach such false information.It is not contained in any Wikipedia article either.Furthermore theer was nothing like the east orthodox church and assyrian church of the east at the first council of nicea.They didn't exist then.

The main agenda of the council was

enda and procedure[edit]

A fresco depicting the First Council of Nicaea
The agenda of the synod included:
1.The Arian question regarding the relationship between God the Father and the Son (not only in his incarnate form as Jesus, but also in his nature before the creation of the world); i.e., are the Father and Son one in divine purpose only or also one in being?
2.The date of celebration of Pascha/Easter
3.The Meletian schism
4.Various matters of church discipline, which resulted in twenty canons 1.Organizational structure of the Church: focused on the ordering of the episcopacy
2.Dignity standards for the clergy: issues of ordination at all levels and of suitability of behavior and background for clergy
3.Reconciliation of the lapsed: establishing norms for public repentance and penance
4.Readmission to the Church of heretics and schismatics: including issues of when reordination and/or rebaptism were to be required
5.Liturgical practice: including the place of deacons, and the practice of standing at prayer during liturgy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2018
Do you know Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

If you truly read your bible you should have Seen that in Matthew 6:7

the bible does not condemn repetitive prayers.Rather it condemns vain and repetitive prayers.Several cases of repetitive prayers bound in the bible.Psalm 136 icontains a lot repetitive prayers "his love is enternal" what do you have to say about that?

- Do you know Baptism is full immersion in water, not sprinkling? It’s still in your bible

there is no such teaching in the bible

Do you know every according to the bible every bishop must be married? Check 1 Timothy 3:2-5 How come the Pope woke up on morning and felt celibate men commit less sin and ban priests from getting married also see what the bible says regarding those dogma and culture against marriage Timothy 4:1-3

MATTEW 19:10-12
10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and[b] there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
[/b]

- why does the pope have to choose who are to be called saint and who aren’t ? Was the average Christian in the church at Philippi called a saint, in distinction to bishops and deacons?You can check these scriptures to confirm 1 Corinthians 1:2, Philippians 1:1 .......Maybe you missed them when you read your bible sir

PLEASE THE POPE DOES NOT CHOSE THE SAINTS.GOD DOES.GET YOIUR SELF EDUCATED ON THE CATHOLIC SAINT CONFIRMATION PROCESS

Let me not even go into the Bowing, knelling and kissing of images of Jesus and Mary both at the grotto and on good Friday ( also practised in Legion of Mary and almost every society in the Catholic Church)

Let me no go into infant baptism too.

You can go on.We are ready for you

I bet you don’t even know the connection between the Catholic Church (Jesuit priest) and the Freemasonry.......

I don't know any.Please do tell me

If you truly read that bible you would have seen so much contradiction, ask questions and do a lot of thinking.

I do read them buti cant any.I hope you don't mind showing me

Your last paragraph really got me laughing, Legion of Mary is both good and holy .... what makes it holy sir educate me? Is it biblical? You talking about intercessory or mediating, if you claim to know the bible so well wouldn’t you have known that 1 Timothy 2:5 says? JESUS is the only mediator between man and God and nobody in between wasn’t that what Jesus died for? ( and pls don’t tell me about that wedding at Canaan that happened before the death if at all

You are right.That is why Mary is only mediating between man and Jesus.Same way your pastors do when they pray for you
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

where did you see it?

Where did I see what? The saint part?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

the bible does not condemn repetitive prayers.Rather it condemns vain and repetitive prayers.Several cases of repetitive prayers bound in the bible.Psalm 136 icontains a lot repetitive prayers "his love is enternal" what do you have to say about that?

there is no such teaching in the bible

MATTEW 19:10-12
10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and[b] there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
[/b]

PLEASE THE POPE DOES NOT CHOSE THE SAINTS.GOD DOES.GET YOIUR SELF EDUCATED ON THE CATHOLIC SAINT CONFIRMATION PROCESS

You can go on.We are ready for you

I don't know any.Please do tell me

I do read them buti cant any.I hope you don't mind showing me

You are right.That is why Mary is only mediating between man and Jesus.Same way your pastors do when they pray for you

If the Bible led me astray then I think I am on the right path....... except you trying to tell me the Bible led me away from God.

we talking about prayers and talking about psalms, psalms happens to be songs sir.

What could be more vain than repeating a set of prayers over and over and over again that at a time your mind will even wonder away but your month will keep moving.... you know what I am talking about but wouldn’t admit cos you want to win and argument .... lol

Actually about baptism there is a teaching regarding that in the Bible, all instances of baptism recorded in the Bible is by full immersion...... study your bible and see sir

You quoted Matt 19:10-12
Don’t quote a verse out of context, to fully understand a verse in the Bible you need to read verses before and after that verse in question.

Now back to what you quoted, you need to understand that Jesus was initially answering questions regarding divorce, then his disciples said in that case it’s good not to marry at all.... then from verse 11- 12 , Jesus answered them saying this message not everybody that can take it, but those who can accept the words lets them do( he wasn’t talking about marriage on those last verses )

Also this is 1 Timothy 3:2-5

"A bishop, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)

Even Peter who you claim to be the first Pope was married.

Now about the saint thing!

this is a link to how the Catholic Church chooses her saint.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27140646

Oh you want to argue the saint part? Ok kindly educate me how the Catholic Church choose who to call saint if you have a different opinion sir.

Like I said earlier every Christian is a saint, can show you in the Bible if you want me to.

Can you back up your Mary mediating between man and Jesus with a biblical reference ? (I am waiting for you to come up with wedding at cannaa) If Jesus wanted a mediator between him and man he wouldn’t have come to die for us, he would have sent a prophet or messenger to do that as he did in the Old Testament, He loves and seek a one on one relationship with man................ can show you places in the Bible where elders in church pray with or pray for early Christians.

Also you stated something about tithing on one of your earlier post can explain that point to me pls..... cos it seems you don’t know Catholic pay tithe too.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Ubenedictus(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
Kingdante:

The catholic church does not believe in or practice adoration of mary.
To adore mary is a sin called idolatry. we do not do such.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 2:51am On Dec 22, 2018
Ubenedictus:
The catholic church does not believe in or practice adoration of mary.
To adore mary is a sin called idolatry. we do not do such.

Its called veneration right? The word veneration, worship and adoration actually have same meaning �‍♂️

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2018
If the Bible led me astray then I think I am on the right path....... except you trying to tell me the Bible led me away from God.

we talking about prayers and talking about psalms, psalms happens to be songs sir.

What could be more vain than repeating a set of prayers over and over and over again that at a time your mind will even wonder away but your month will keep moving.... you know what I am talking about but wouldn’t admit cos you want to win and argument .... lol

bikonu what sort of ignoramus is this? Psalms are not prayers? what exactly are you smoking? palsms are one of the most strongest prayers in the bible.The walls of Jericho cam down simply by singing and praising the Lord.Your pride will not allow you admit you were wrong.

Now what about the winged creatures who go on repeating the same things over and over again?

Revelation 4:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’[a]

who was, and is, and is to come.”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever,

You quoted Matt 19:10-12
Don’t quote a verse out of context, to fully understand a verse in the Bible you need to read verses before and after that verse in question.

Now back to what you quoted, you need to understand that Jesus was initially answering questions regarding divorce, then his disciples said in that case it’s good not to marry at all.... then from verse 11- 12 , Jesus answered them saying this message not everybody that can take it, but those who can accept the words lets them do( he wasn’t talking about marriage on those last verses )

Also this is 1 Timothy 3:2-5

"A bishop, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)

Even Peter who you claim to be the first Pope was married

How exactly did I quote it out of context? Is that passage not explicit enough? et me even post the whole chapter here

When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

what exactly is not clear here? It clearly says that there are those who have chosen to become enuchs for the sake of the kingdom of God.What other interpretation do you have for that? Even in 1 Cor 7:38 did the Bible not tell us that he who doses not marry even do better? do you know more than Jesus and St Paul?

Can you back up your Mary mediating between man and Jesus with a biblical reference ? (I am waiting for you to come up with wedding at cannaa) If Jesus wanted a mediator between him and man he wouldn’t have come to die for us, he would have sent a prophet or messenger to do that as he did in the Old Testament, He loves and seek a one on one relationship with man................ can show you places in the Bible where elders in church pray with or pray for early Christians.

oh so you even know about her intercession at the wedding at cana.What again will cure your ignorance.There are lots of places where the apostles parayed for people and they received their healings.I cant even imagine someone is asking this.Are you for real?

Tithing is not compulsory in the catholic church.Catholics are free to contribute 0.5% 0.67%,1%,1.5%, 100%or even 200% of their incomes to the church as they deem fit.There is no recommended percentage of contribution to the catholic church.It is not a son in the catholic church not to donate 10% of your monthly income.and certainly God will not curse you for not donating up to 10%

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

bikonu what sort of ignoramus is this? Psalms are not prayers? what exactly are you smoking? palsms are one of the most strongest prayers in the bible.The walls of Jericho cam down simply by singing and praising the Lord.Your pride will not allow you admit you were wrong.

Now what about the winged creatures who go on repeating the same things over and over again?

Revelation 4:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’[a]

who was, and is, and is to come.”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever,

How exactly did I quote it out of context? Is that passage not explicit enough? et me even post the whole chapter here

When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

what exactly is not clear here? It clearly says that there are those who have chosen to become enuchs for the sake of the kingdom of God.What other interpretation do you have for that? Even in 1 Cor 7:38 did the Bible not tell us that he who doses not marry even do better? do you know more than Jesus and St Paul?

oh so you even know about her intercession at the wedding at cana.What again will cure your ignorance.There are lots of places where the apostles parayed for people and they received their healings.I cant even imagine someone is asking this.Are you for real?

Tithing is not compulsory in the catholic church.Catholics are free to contribute 0.5% 0.67%,1%,1.5%, 100%or even 200% of their incomes to the church as they deem fit.There is no recommended percentage of contribution to the catholic church.It is not a son in the catholic church not to donate 10% of your monthly income.and certainly God will not curse you for not donating up to 10%

Funny dude, you must be acting this but just incase you ain’t acting let me try explaining, Psalms is derived from the Greek translation, ψαλμοί, psalmoi, meaning "instrumental music"

Here is a link to a catholic website they explain what psalms is to you, at least you will believe them better.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/psalms

You are going over and above to prove that vain repetition is allowed by sighting various stuffs not relevant to the subject of discussion....... you just pick whatever you see from the internet and paste within cross checking them, that verse you quoted on revelation the beast was not praying Oga, they were Praising God.

You left tutorial on how to pray and how not to pray and went to revelation to pick a vision of things that were to come, and you obviously want to hold that as a yardstick to vain repetition practiced in the Catholic Church?

Regarding the marriage (I already showed you in the bible where it states that it’s a must for bishop to get married.... but that scripture wouldn’t matter to you cos you trying to defend the church you know nothing about) stuffs thank God you said those who choose not to marriage(free will) ..... but unfortunately they didn’t choose not to, the pope woke up and morning and said married men commit more sin, and stopped Priest from getting married (and all of a sudden that logic was taken over the the word of God) at the end what are seeing today? Priest lashing underage altar girls ...

You just shot yourself, how does the disciples praying for someone validates the veneration and worship of Mary?
Even Jesus sent them out to pray and heal the sick in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ never a time did he ask them to come to him via Mary,

You clearly don’t know what the bible says about “ Queen of heaven” ........ now ask yourself how does worship of Mary originated ? Also you should be asking yourself why didn’t the pope put all these biblical verses (regarding bishop getting married, Worship of Mary, kissing of the statue of Jesus, holy communion etc) into considering and do things according to the bible, why do they allow man made dogma and culture to supersede the word of God as stated in the bible.

Nice one you just realised now that catholic pay tithe cos your previous ignorant post didn’t suggest that..... I like how you change like chameleon... lol

Also Can you pls back up those percentages of tithing you posted with the bible ?
Also Did that bible give us a recommended percentage ?

Can you also talk about the Harvest levy paid by both workers and student and how it’s posted on bulletin with names and amount paid...... back it with the bible pls and what that money is used for.

Also talk about how people (Catholic and non catholic) are called to come to the pulpit to make contributions to the Harvest and how it is embarrassing to some wealthy people who are not prepaid.

Also explain the bazaar where food stuffs brought to thank God are auctioned out for twice or trice the price and who those money goes to....... back it with that bible sir if you can sir

Let me not go into how dey call on Chelsea fan, Manchester United fans, ppl born from Jan to dec.... People from IMO state, delta state, university and secondary student etc to come launch for the Harvest.

Also explain the meaning of children and adult Harvest sir...

I am here to learn, enlighten me sir.

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Funny dude, you must be acting this but just incase you ain’t acting let me try explaining, Psalms is derived from the Greek translation, ψαλμοί, psalmoi, meaning "instrumental music"

Here is a link to a catholic website they explain what psalms is to you, at least you will believe them better.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/psalms

You are going over and above [b]to prove that vain repetition is allowed [/b]by sighting various stuffs not relevant to the subject of discussion....... you just pick whatever you see from the internet and paste within cross checking them, that verse you quoted on revelation the beast was not praying Oga, they were Praising God.

You left tutorial on how to pray and how not to pray and went to revelation to pick a vision of things that were to come, and you obviously want to hold that as a yardstick to vain repetition practiced in the Catholic Church?

e be like say you don begin smoke that thing again? where did I state that vain repetition is allowed? I have clearly shown you that the bible does not disallow repetitious prayers but rather vain and repetitious prayers.How exactly you want me to break down further this simple issue is what exactly I don't understand? You don't even now what prayer is? you don't even knw that praises and singing are forms of prayers? How exactly do you dabble into biblical arguments if you don't this basis fcats about prayer? !!! chai!!! I have never seen a more exuberant display of ignorance than the one you just spewed above.

Regarding the marriage (I already showed you in the bible where it states that it’s a must for bishop to get married.... but that scripture wouldn’t matter to you cos you trying to defend the church you know nothing about) stuffs thank God you said those who choose not to marriage(free will) ..... but unfortunately they didn’t choose not to, the pope woke up and morning and said married men commit more sin, and stopped Priest from getting married (and all of a sudden that logic was taken over the the word of God) at the end what are seeing today? Priest lashing underage altar girls ...

there is no where the scriptures says a bishop must get married!!! stop telling lies!! The scriptures makes it clear that there are people who have on theiur own accord chosen to be enuchs.St Paul of tarsus the great missionary of the first century was one of such people.He was not married.The catholic priests were not forced into the catholic priesthood by the pope.The on their own accord chose to become priests of the catholic church so STFU and stop making a fool of yourself.Even atheists and married pastors also engage in adultery and paedophilia so STFU.

You just shot yourself, how does the disciples praying for someone validates the veneration and worship of Mary?
Even Jesus sent them out to pray and heal the sick in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ never a time did he ask them to come to him via Mary,

You clearly don’t know what the bible says about “ Queen of heaven” ........ now ask yourself how does worship of Mary originated ? Also you should be asking yourself why didn’t the pope put all these biblical verses (regarding bishop getting married, Worship of Mary, kissing of the statue of Jesus, holy communion etc) into considering and do things according to the bible, why do they allow man made dogma and culture to supersede the word of God as stated in the bible.

The same way the apostles prayed for people to Jesus are the same way, Mary prays to Jesus for us.As for worship of Mary catholics don't worship mary,If you people worship Mary in your church then that is your own business.The catholic church will have nothing to do with that and I don't have to explain the abominations you commit in your church.

Nice one you just realised now that catholic pay tithe cos your previous ignorant post didn’t suggest that..... I like how you change like chameleon... lol

Also Can you pls back up those percentages of tithing you posted with the bible ?
Also Did that bible give us a recommended percentage ?

The catholic church does not pay tithe if your definition of tithe is a compulsory 10%.Simple put the catholic church does not require its adherents to deposit 10% of their earnings to the church.People are encouraged to donate freely to the work of the church of their own freewill whatever percentage or amount they deem it fit as clearly prescribed ii the scriptures in 2 Cor 9:7
2 Corinthians 9:7 New Living Translation (NLT)

7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”[

Also talk about how people (Catholic and non catholic) are called to come to the pulpit to make contributions to the Harvest and how it is embarrassing to some wealthy people who are not prepaid.

MAYBE THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE IN YOUR CHURCH,DEFINITELY NOT IN TEH CATHOLIC CHURCH.GIVING IS PURELY VOLUNTRAY AND THAT IS WHY TEH CATHOLIC CHURCH DESCENDED ON FR MBAKA OR TRYING TO FORCE PETER OBI TO DONATE MONEY

Let me not go into how dey call on Chelsea fan, Manchester United fans, ppl born from Jan to dec.... People from IMO state, delta state, university and secondary student etc to come launch for the Harvest.

Also explain the meaning of children and adult Harvest sir

and what is wrong in calling aman utd or Chelsea fans to come and give thanks to God/ Are there not also Gods's children? what is wrong in calling people born in any month or from any state to give thanks to God? Do you just criticize anything for the sake of it?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
imagine someone who does not know that singing or praising God is a form of prayer opening threads to bash catholics!!! chai!!! grin grin grin
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

e be like say you don begin smoke that thing again? where did I state that vain repetition is allowed? I have clearly shown you that the bible does not disallow repetitious prayers but rather vain and repetitious prayers.How exactly you want me to break down further this simple issue is what exactly I don't understand? You don't even now what prayer is? you don't even knw that praises and singing are forms of prayers? How exactly do you dabble into biblical arguments if you don't this basis fcats about prayer? !!! chai!!! I have never seen a more exuberant display of ignorance than the one you just spewed above.

there is no where the scriptures says a bishop must get married!!! stop telling lies!! The scriptures makes it clear that there are people who have on theiur own accord chosen to be enuchs.St Paul of tarsus the great missionary of the first century was one of such people.He was not married.The catholic priests were not forced into the catholic priesthood by the pope.The on their own accord chose to become priests of the catholic church so STFU and stop making a fool of yourself.Even atheists and married pastors also engage in adultery and paedophilia so STFU.

The same way the apostles prayed for people to Jesus are the same way, Mary prays to Jesus for us.As for worship of Mary catholics don't worship mary,If you people worship Mary in your church then that is your own business.The catholic church will have nothing to do with that and I don't have to explain the abominations you commit in your church.

The catholic church does not pay tithe if your definition of tithe is a compulsory 10%.Simple put the catholic church does not require its adherents to deposit 10% of their earnings to the church.People are encouraged to donate freely to the work of the church of their own freewill whatever percentage or amount they deem it fit as clearly prescribed ii the scriptures in 2 Cor 9:7
2 Corinthians 9:7 New Living Translation (NLT)

7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”[

MAYBE THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE IN YOUR CHURCH,DEFINITELY NOT IN TEH CATHOLIC CHURCH.GIVING IS PURELY VOLUNTRAY AND THAT IS WHY TEH CATHOLIC CHURCH DESCENDED ON FR MBAKA OR TRYING TO FORCE PETER OBI TO DONATE MONEY

and what is wrong in calling aman utd or Chelsea fans to come and give thanks to God/ Are there not also Gods's children? what is wrong in calling people born in any month or from any state to give thanks to God? Do you just criticize anything for the sake of it?

Hahahahaha...... the thing dey pain you? It’s normal, it’s very painful when you get to realise that all what you believed from childhood is a lie and against biblical teaching.

What could be a better explanation of vain repetition than repeating “Hail Mary..... “ 100 times when praying the rosary......

If you actually read your bible you would have come across 1 Timothy 3:2-5

“A bishop, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)"

But I know you clearly wouldn’t see that part of your bible.

In 1079 AD celibacy was first enforced for priests and bishops by Pope Gregory VII. Before this time, they were permitted to marry....... go check the reason Pope Gregory gave for stopping it..... stop quotting verses about castrates enuch.

Btw if the catholic priest and bishop were cool about the celibacy thing it wouldn’t be a subject of debate among leaders of the Catholic Church till date.

If we were to go by your reasoning that the same way the apostles prayed for people to get healed that’s why you guys are trying to do by worshiping Mary?

The apostles were not venerated (which has same meaning as worship check your dictionary) before they laid hands on people to heal them..... so cos people who were ill or tormented came to the apostles to get healed that’s the reason you worship Mary, so she will in turn pray to God? That reasoning is faulty.

Have you check what the bible says about “Queen of heaven” isn’t that one of the titles they told you to call Mary?

Yeah you can try to deny it avoid some questions by saying if that’s how it’s done in your church bla bla bla or you can continue shouting STFU that’s what man made dogma does to people..... totally lack of respect ... lol
Come shut me up with the bible, I was expecting you to answer all my questions with biblical references.

If it was a Pentecosta Church that was calling man untd or Chelsea fans to come launch for harvest I bet you would have seen it as wrong but now that’s it’s your so beloved church ... nothing is wrong before you, how frivolous does a church has to be to do that?

As for the tithe thing... it’s fixed at 10% says the bible... says the Catholic Church as well, check the link and pix below.... now who is ignorant ?

https://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=11586

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Ubenedictus(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
StormInc:

All the early Christians are Catholics, no surprises Christianity came from them. Why won't they praise and exalt her? You are all in the same wrong direction
that should instruct you, all the early church was catholic not protestant believing as Catholics believe today
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Ubenedictus(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
Kingdante:

I can’t be going back and forth with you..... now you sounding pained, take it easy.

I said Eastern Orthodox Church sir,

Anybody with internet can get the history of the origin of the bible, I mean anybody and don’t act like you got information not available to the public(those kind of information are locked up in a secret library in Rome that even most cardinals cant access)

Anybody can read the bible and understand with the help of the Holy Spirit, and you will be playing yourself if you think or believe that the Holy Spirit is found or available only to catholics cos at the end of the day God is not interested in which set you belong to be it Anglican or Pentecostal.

Your last paragraph really got me laughing, Legion of Mary is both good and holy .... what makes it holy sir educate me? Is it biblical? You talking about intercessory or mediating, if you claim to know the bible so well wouldn’t you have known that 1 Timothy 2:5 says? JESUS is the only mediator between man and God and nobody in between wasn’t that what Jesus died for? ( and pls don’t tell me about that wedding at Canaan that happened before the death if at all)

I have some questions for you sir...

- Do you know Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

If you truly read your bible you should have Seen that in Matthew 6:7

- why does the pope have to choose who are to be called saint and who aren’t ? Was the average Christian in the church at Philippi called a saint, in distinction to bishops and deacons?You can check these scriptures to confirm 1 Corinthians 1:2, Philippians 1:1 .......Maybe you missed them when you read your bible sir

- Do you know every according to the bible every bishop must be married? Check 1 Timothy 3:2-5 How come the Pope woke up on morning and felt celibate men commit less sin and ban priests from getting married also see what the bible says regarding those dogma and culture against marriage Timothy 4:1-3

- Do you know Baptism is full immersion in water, not sprinkling? It’s still in your bible

- Do you know the Dogma and culture originated by the pope is forbidden by God? It’s in your bible in Mark 7:7-9

Let me not even go into the Bowing, knelling and kissing of images of Jesus and Mary both at the grotto and on good Friday ( also practised in Legion of Mary and almost every society in the Catholic Church)

Let me no go into infant baptism too.

I can go on and on and on..... before i left the Catholic Church I wrote over 1000 of such practises that were against what the bible says.

If you truly read that bible you would have seen so much contradiction, ask questions and do a lot of thinking.

I bet you don’t even know the connection between the Catholic Church (Jesuit priest) and the Freemasonry.......

The deception is real my brother.... peace be with you.
the eastern orthodox church wasn't there either, that church had not even been formed.

All this long story doesn't remove the fact that you lied
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Ubenedictus(m): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
Kingdante:

Its called veneration right? The word veneration, worship and adoration actually have same meaning �‍♂️
so whenever you respect someone you are adoring them abi? Your dictionary says they are synonyms so you refuse to use your head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebo {sacrifice} For Wealth & Abundance [òkànràn Méjì] / Photos Of African Pastors With Heavily Armed Bodyguards / Medieval Catholic Indulgences Versus The Tithe Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.