Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing (4631 Views)

Islam And Catholics Come From The Same Place — Pete Edochie(vid) / Christians Come And Explain This My Heart Hurts (photos) / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2018
I need a Catholic to tell me where and when this happened, who recorded it or where did the church get it from.

Quoted from the Roman Catholic Missal - These events are said to have been experienced by the "Virgin Mary"

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ

At dawn of the first day of the week, I was with John and Peter. I was in my room alone: John and Peter were in the next room. I woke up. There was a light: it was all over the room. There was my Son: He came forward, He said to me, "Come, for you are the one worthy to be the first to see My risen body." The Lord permitted me to kiss His hand and to be embraced. The Lord in His glorified body in which He had the scars of the nail prints in His hands and feet and the scar of the lance in His side, was no longer the bleeding Son I saw on the way to Calvary: His body was full of light, a light that was emanating from His body. Jesus then said to me , "Do not, My mother, tell My disciples until I have sent Mary Magdelene because it is all in the plan of the Father. They will come to faith by seeing and touching. I have come to you because you have faith. Pray that My disciples will accept Me risen from the dead." Then He went away to appear to Mary Magdelene, to the women, and then to His disciples.

The Descent of the Holy Ghost

It was the day of Pentecost: the city of Jerusalem was crowded. Every people from every known nation of the world who were of the Jewish faith came to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Booths. The disciples and the relatives of my Son and I were still in the upper room, when suddenly we heard a rushing wind: In the room we could feel wind on our faces and then we saw fire right in the midst of us: a fire that was not of this world but a fire that came upon our heads and as it touched us we were filled with the immense power of God. We felt joy and peace: we felt love. All our fear was gone: we no longer had a fear of who came to the door. The disciple John came to me and said , "Mother we are free! We are free!" Peter came to me, "My Lady, look the promise of your Son is here." I said to Peter, "This must not be kept to yourself: go and tell everyone about Jesus." The apostle Peter took the lead and opened the door of the upper room and the apostles and the disciples went out. There were people from every nation, from every language, and yet every one was understanding Peter's sermon. Everyone was understanding the message of salvation. Peter said, "We are not drunk. This is the fulfillment of what was said by the prophet Joel: the Spirit of the Lord will come down on all flesh. Save yourselves," he said, "Repent of your sins and be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and you too will receive the Holy Ghost." On that day three thousand entered the Church of my Son. I was still in the room listening to Peter and seeing the apostles baptizing those who came forward. Jesus again fulfilled His words: the power of the Spirit was upon His disciples who bore witness to Him

The Assumption of Mary

I knew that my last days were to come. After Pentecost, John and I went to Ephesus and we lived there for thirty years. I told John, "My days on earth are coming to an end. I wish to go back to Jerusalem and to be with all the apostles and to say farewell. " John complied and we went to Jerusalem. I asked once we arrived in Jerusalem to send for the apostles. This was before James was executed by Herod. They all met with me except Thomas. I told the apostles, "It is time for me to leave you, my sons. I must go to be with Jesus but I am not leaving you orphans like my Son did not leave you orphans. Now that I am going to be with Jesus I will pray for you and I will be concerned with your welfare." Peter came to me and said, "Mother, when you see Him, tell Him I love Him." I told Peter, "He knows that you love Him, by you feeding His sheep." I laid back and I fell asleep. With great sorrow, my sons, the apostles, laid me in a tomb. No sooner that they closed the door of the tomb I heard my Son's voice, "Come, My beloved mother. Awake, I have come for you." My eyes opened and Jesus in all glory came for me and angels were attending Him. "Come, My beloved Mother," He said, "Come, and inherit the Kingdom prepared for you by My Father." The angels lifted me up in their hands and I went and followed my Son into Heaven. I heard the choirs of angels and the choirs of the Just as they sang a hymn of praise to the most Holy Trinity. They said, "Blessed are you oh God of host: You in Your greatness have exulted Your handmaid. For the one who bore Your Son, the spotless Virgin Mary, has been made worthy to sit at His right hand. Welcome, oh daughter of God. Welcome oh Mother of the Savior. Oh welcome, bride of the Holy Spirit. Welcome, handmaid and Queen."

Mary is Crowned as Queen

When I arrived in Heaven, the angels quickly put a robe of gold upon me. Then they put a mantle full of jewels and then I was led to the throne of the Trinity. God the Father said to me, "Oh My daughter you have been faithful as My instrument. You have brought up my Son in dignity and goodness. You have been faithful as My servant and as My daughter. You have kept your soul spotless by being faithful to My grace which I have given to you since you were conceived in your mother's womb. Welcome, My daughter into Our presence: come closer, you merit the crown of Our favor." I approached the throne of the Trinity and then God the Father, Jesus my Son, and the Holy Spirit Who is God, crowned me with a crown of gold and jewels. There was great rejoicing in Heaven: the angels began to sing, "Glory to God! Glory to God! Glory to God!" and the saints began to sing "Blessed are You, oh God most high, for You have exalted Your servant Mary to be Queen: to be honored above all creatures." And the angels also joined in the praises by saying, "Blessed are You, oh God of host, for You have thought it worthy to exalt and crown the lowly creature Mary as Queen of the universe." My Son took me by the hand and led me to the throne prepared for me. "Sit here, My Mother," He said, "This throne is yours. I have prepared it for you. It is here that you will rule with Me for all eternity: it is here that you will intercede for the world and I will hear whatever you say for I love you and I wish to honor you." I said, "Oh my Son, it is good for me to be here but I also pray that soon Your apostles, Your disciples, and all Your people will be here with us to praise You, to love You for all eternity." "Yes My Mother," He said to me, "I will give to you whatever your heart desires and from now on all men that acknowledge Me as their King must also acknowledge you as their Queen and Mother."

I would really appreciate if any Catholic can explain where these came from.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by DAramis: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2018
The right question I have for you is this.

Would you actually believe, if a catholic should explain some of this mysteries or you expect to hear some lies that will help to enforce your already predetermined mindset?(An assumption of mine sha).

What matters is your perception bro. Where others see 9 another person will see P even though they are looking at the same written stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by luvmijeje(f): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2018
Do you that the Bible you are holding (the new testament) that they were the primary custodian of it.

So whatever is written there is the gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by hisgrace090: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2018
What you will get is abuse not answer as they'll give you non.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2018
hisgrace090:
What you will get is abuse not answer as they'll give you non.

I am aware of that and I am equally ready too.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:
Do you that the Bible you are holding (the new testament) that they were the primary custodian of it.

So whatever is written there is the gospel truth.

What is your point? Are you a Catholic? or are you disapproving the quotations?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2018
DAramis:
The right question I have for you is this.

Would you actually believe, if a catholic should explain some of this mysteries or you expect to hear some lies that will help to enforce your already predetermined mindset?(An assumption of mine sha).

What matters is your perception bro. Where others see 9 another person will see P even though they are looking at the same written stuff.

This is not a mystery perception thing, it is a direct claim from the Roman Catholic Church. Those write ups depict first hand experience of Mary herself. None of it is found anywhere in the Bible yet it is a belief of the largest denomination in Christianity. Whether it is true or not, my question is where was it gotten from.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by bot101(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

I am aware of that and I am equally ready too.

Lol, he already has a premeditated mindset. Anyways, unlike every other Christian denomination, the Catholic church has a history that continues after Jesus's death. We have the Bible and more when it comes to Christian history. That you don't know the history of even the Bible you preach with (the reason you are asking this question) isn't the fault of Catholics. Go read how the bible was compiled, how the books that became part of it were chosen, why certain books were committed, then it will all begin to make sense to you.

The Bible documents the very beginning of Christianity, there's been over 2000 years since then. The Catholic church has documented, and continues to document those 2000 years.

Note: Not all Catholics even know this, only those who have dedicated some time to doing deeper research, and a few pastors too, most of whom would only tell you if you are pretty inquisitive.

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by xtravanganza: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2018
At times we need to do things the old fashion way. instead of creating confusion on nairaland, just go to any Catholic church and meet the parish priest. he'll confidently answer all you questions.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2018
bot101:

Lol, he already has a premeditated mindset. Anyways, unlike every other Christian denomination, the Catholic church has a history that continues after Jesus's death. We have the Bible and more when it comes to Christian history. That you don't know the history of even the Bible you preach with (the reason you are asking this question) isn't the fault of Catholics. Go read how the bible was compiled, how the books that became part of it were chosen, why certain books were committed, then it will all begin to make sense to you.

The Bible documents the very beginning of Christianity, there's been over 2000 years since then. The Catholic church has documented, and continues to document those 2000 years.

Note: Not all Catholics even know this, only those who have dedicated some time to doing deeper research, and a few pastors too, most of whom would only tell you if you are pretty inquisitive.

To start with, I am no longer a Christian. When I was a Christian, I was a Catholic. I was an altar server who later went into the Seminary and then dropped so I can boldly tell you that I know so much about the Roman Catholic Church, so much than you even think you know.

Christianity came from the Roman's and the first church is the Catholic Church. In the early stages of Christianity in Rome, the people held different beliefs and knowledge about Jesus. When Constantine the Great (Saint Constantine) converted to Christianity, he and the Nicea council (The first one set up in 325) integrated Christianity. They did a lot of changes, brought about the Nicene Creed (presently used in the Catholic Church) and selected the books of the New Testament. These things happened over hundred years after the supposed death of Jesus and his disciples - Apostles.

Have you asked yourself why the Gospel of Peter (the first and most renowned Apostle of Jesus, also the first pope of the Catholic Church) was not included in the New Testament? If you are a Catholic, take your time and go through the non-canonical gospels and figure out why they were rejected. The Gospel of Mary is even sourced from Mary Magdalene not even the "Virgin Mary ".

So my question still remains, where was these texts and first hand narrations of Mary gotten from?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2018
xtravanganza:
At times we need to do things the old fashion way. instead of creating confusion on nairaland, just go to any Catholic church and meet the parish priest. he'll confidently answer all you questions.

Lol. Are you for real. Can you walk into a Mosque and ask them how do they know that Muhammad spilt the moon. You will get your head off your neck. As far as I know, in Christianity, believers are not allowed to question everything. They are just to have faith and believe, that is nonsense to me
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 9:48am On Dec 16, 2018
bot101:

Weldon sir, the dude just want to know no need for insult sir just explain to him besides aspostle Paul has a premeditated mindset too and God changed him, explain what these dudes is asking sir.

Also saying “we” have the bible and more rrally got me laughing..... the “more” you referring to isn’t even available to every catholic out there, it’s locked up somewhere in Rome....(mind you I av a catholic for over 25years was an altar boy, I almost became a priest so I know what I am talking about )

With all due respect I know the history of the bible, the history of the Roman Empire as well.

Oga sir if you can or will educate our ignorance pls other wise just chillax sir..... no need for insult we are here to learn and unlearn and learn again right?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
Kingdante:

Weldon sir, the dude just want to know no need for insult sir just explain to him besides aspostle Paul has a premeditated mindset too and God changed him, explain what these dudes is asking sir.

Also saying “we” have the bible and more rrally got me laughing..... the “more” you referring to isn’t even available to every catholic out there, it’s locked up somewhere in Rome....(mind you I av a catholic for over 25years was an altar boy, I almost became a priest so I know what I am talking about )

With all due respect I know the history of the bible, the history of the Roman Empire as well.

Oga sir if you can or will educate our ignorance pls other wise just chillax sir..... no need for insult we are here to learn and unlearn and learn again right?

Thank you Brother. All I want is the source of those texts, that's all
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:
I need a Catholic to tell me where and when this happened, who recorded it or where did the church get it from.

Quoted from the Roman Catholic Missal - These events are said to have been experienced by the "Virgin Mary"

I would really appreciate if any Catholic can explain where these came from.

Kindly indicate the source of this your story.My explanation will depend on that
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

You did not post the source of your story.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 10:23am On Dec 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

You did not post the source of your story.

Really? Meaning you didn't read my post.

I said quoted from the Roman Catholic Missal. Try and grab a copy of the Missal or the Sacramentary and open the pages of the Glorious Mysteries.

I quoted the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

You welcome man, we are all here to learn bros......
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
I suppose by now most Catholics will be back from Mass. C'mon where are y'all, don't disappoint me
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by OpenYourEyes1: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

To start with, I am no longer a Christian. When I was a Christian, I was a Catholic. I was an altar server who later went into the Seminary and then dropped so I can boldly tell you that I know so much about the Roman Catholic Church, so much than you even think you know.

Christianity came from the Roman's and the first church is the Catholic Church. In the early stages of Christianity in Rome, the people held different beliefs and knowledge about Jesus. When Constantine the Great (Saint Constantine) converted to Christianity, he and the Nicea council (The first one set up in 325) integrated Christianity. They did a lot of changes, brought about the Nicene Creed (presently used in the Catholic Church) and selected the books of the New Testament. These things happened over hundred years after the supposed death of Jesus and his disciples - Apostles.

Have you asked yourself why the Gospel of Peter (the first and most renowned Apostle of Jesus, also the first pope of the Catholic Church) was not included in the New Testament? If you are a Catholic, take your time and go through the non-canonical gospels and figure out why they were rejected. The Gospel of Mary is even sourced from Mary Magdalene not even the "Virgin Mary ".

So my question still remains, where was these texts and first hand narrations of Mary gotten from?

Many seminarians I know end up being destroyed by the teaching of the seminary schools. Wonder what is going on?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

Many seminarians I know end up being destroyed by the teaching of the seminary schools. Wonder what is going on?

I'm not trying to be biased but if God exists and the Bible is his word and Heaven and Hell is real, All Catholics are going down to Hell. To me, Catholism is a religion on its own. They hold various strange beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by OpenYourEyes1: 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

I'm not trying to be biased but if God exists and the Bible is his word and Heaven and Hell is real, All Catholics are going down to Hell. To me, Catholism is a religion on its own. They hold various strange beliefs.

Bro/Sis, God exists 100%. Don't let anyone deceive you my friend.
The righteous will live forever. Evildoers will be destroyed. God's Law is Universal..

We are under God's test. He selects the best by testing them

"Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth" - Revelation 3:10
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

Bro/Sis, God exists 100%. Don't let anyone deceive you my friend.
The righteous will live forever. Evildoers will be destroyed. God's Law is Universal..

We are under God's test. He selects the best by testing them

"Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth" - Revelation 3:10

I don't want to divert
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Kingdante(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

I don't want to divert

Bros watch how they will avoid this topic like a plague, even the so called priest wouldn’t even touch it with a long stick..... one of the major issues is that they don’t read the bible, any catholic that takes his or her time to studying the bible is on its way out of the Catholic Church......

I can give a list of over 20 practises and/or dogma they that aren’t in the bible or goes against biblical principles......and sincerely I don’t blame them the deception is crazy!!! It’s the so called leaders of the Catholic Church (pope, cardinal etc) that is to be blame for the evil.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
Kingdante:

Bros watch how they will avoid this topic like a plague, even the so called priest wouldn’t even touch it with a long stick..... one of the major issues is that they don’t read the bible, any catholic that takes his or her time to studying the bible is on its way out of the Catholic Church......

I can give a list of over 20 practises and/or dogma they that aren’t in the bible or goes against biblical principles......and sincerely I don’t blame them the deception is crazy!!! It’s the so called leaders of the Catholic Church (pope, cardinal etc) that is to be blame for the evil.

Not one single Catholic here had even the mind t I'm answer my question
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Empredboy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
From your write up is there any message contrary to the gospel passage? From Jesus appearing to Mary to when they were filled with the holy spirit? If john the beloved can write the revelation I don't think there is nothing the holy spirit can't do to make her write her own story.
Come to think of it, if all the gospel reading can give different account of the same events why can't she do such too remember that she was in the upper room when the holy spirit came down like fire which means she had been with the disciples since Christ death.
Also from the bible account we were told she lived with john who Christ handed her to.
So what is the big deal in the passage if I may ask you? Is the passage repugnant to people's opinion? Is it a wicked message that you created a thread for? Or you just want to make things out of nothing?
For the fact that you claimed to be an ex seminarian your question shows how you lived in the seminary. I will leave you to your conscience. If you feel what you did in the seminary was good or bad I leave with God
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
Empredboy:
From your write up is there any message contrary to the gospel passage? From Jesus appearing to Mary to when they were filled with the holy spirit? If john the beloved can write the revelation I don't think there is nothing the holy spirit can't do to make her write her own story.
Come to think of it, if all the gospel reading can give different account of the same events why can't she do such too remember that she was in the upper room when the holy spirit came down like fire which means she had been with the disciples since Christ death.
Also from the bible account we were told she lived with john who Christ handed her to.
So what is the big deal in the passage if I may ask you? Is the passage repugnant to people's opinion? Is it a wicked message that you created a thread for? Or you just want to make things out of nothing?
For the fact that you claimed to be an ex seminarian your question shows how you lived in the seminary. I will leave you to your conscience. If you feel what you did in the seminary was good or bad I leave with God

Who was there when she was coronated according to the passage? Who wrote it?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Empredboy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

who was there when God created the World that made us believe that this whole earth and everything in it was created within 7days? And you called yourself a seminarian? I beg which congregation were you? And at which level did you stop ?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by StormInc: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
Empredboy:
who was there when God created the World that made us believe that this whole earth and everything in it was created within 7days? And you called yourself a seminarian? I beg which congregation were you? And at which level did you stop ?

Lol you are derailing. God creating the world is in the Bible. Where was this one gotten from, simple question.
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Empredboy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

this question of yours can't be asked by children in the cathiesm because if Mary coronation is the only bone of contention in this case then you need to ask yourself if you would have believed if was written in the bible? So I believe you would have doubted her conception If it was not written. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Empredboy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

Lol you are derailing. God creating the world is in the Bible. Where was this one gotten from, simple question.
blessed are those you didn't see but yet believe. I want to be sure that you were really a practicing Catholic by telling me the congregation you were
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Anas09: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

You have been an alter servant and later went to the Seminary yet you just saw this now?
Re: Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing by Empredboy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
StormInc:

so if the person who wrote the bible had written her coronation just as he wrote her conception you would have believed? Man of little Faith. What has her coronation got to do with your salvation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Telugu Christian Christmas Mp3 Songs FREE Download / Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija / Can I Ever Win Or Am I Fighting A Lost Battle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.