Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,446 members, 7,954,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) (7194 Views)

Pdp: An Association Of Failures (written On September 3, 2010 At 1:01am) / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Why? W.T.F is going on? And why replace yourself with the bigot?

3 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by hercules07: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hope you can now have more time to defend Sanusi and Buhari, it can be tiring doing it alone.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Jarus(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
hercules07: Hope you can now have more time to defend Sanusi and Buhari, it can be tiring doing it alone.
Lol
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Odunnu: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
Na wa ooo
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by superior1: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
@ Jarus, I dont always agree with your opinions but you demonstrated outstanding maturity during your tenure, I think Afam better take some lessons from you and not be head swollen. Great Nigerian you are wink wink wink
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Standing5(m): 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
Afam in, Jarus out.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
I might be checking outta nairaland,this is too much! And the bigot gets to stay?
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by GARRIx7(m): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
I'm sure this has a lot to do with SEUN's immature actions in December..

@Jarus: Thanks a lot, you did a Good Job!!

2 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by sleekdot(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
Replacing a neutral with a bigot

1 Like

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Afam4ever is apt for the role. Soldier go Soldier come
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
Tusky44: Afam4ever is INEPT for the role. Soldier go Soldier come

Fixed.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by GARRIx7(m): 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
sleekdot: Replacing a neutral with a bigot

Exactly!!!
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by sleekdot(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
peckhamboi:

Exactly, Seun is a very big fool to let Jarus go, he has displayed tremendous maturity during his term and he was an asset to Nairaland.

The new mod is not only intellectually inferior to Jarus but he has already started threatening to ban people a few minutes after he was made moderator.

Maybe you should stick to programming, management is not your forte.

He has been mediocre at everything he did even his programming sef. Imagine a mod comes and within a few hours starts banning his perceived enemies.

How does one substitute an intellectual like Jarus with a bigot like Afamu

have you ever seen Afam in any intellectually stimulating argument ever on Nairaland? He only opens daft topics left and right

Show me any topic with intellectual input from Afam

7 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by free13: 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Long overdue.
grin tongue grin
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by peckhamboi: 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
sleekdot:

He has been mediocre at everything he did even his programming sef. Imagine a mod comes and within a few hours starts banning his perceived enemies.

How does one substitute an intellectual like Jarus with a bigot like Afamu

have you ever seen Afam in any intellectually stimulating argument ever on Nairaland? He only opens daft topics left and right

Show me any topic with intellectual input from Afam

I was refering to Seun about sticking to programming because of the way he just makes arbitrary decisions without thinking.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Pataki: 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
The easiest way for Seun to kill the politics section is to place that ''tribalistic'' skunk as a MOD.

Not that I am against him as a MOD, but if Seun thinks the easiest way to balance things up in the politics section is appointing that dude as a MOD, then Seun has totally gone bunkers.

I like Jarus as a MOD, I was skeptical of OAM4J when he took over from aishatu, but he learnt a lot from Jarus.

The only question I have been asking myself here is: has the prestige of nairaland gone to the dogs? undecided

Well done Jarus. Shame you had to resign in such circumstances of events that has unfolded before now, but nevertheless, you did a good job on the politics section.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nuzo1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jarus: Space reserved for update as I resigned minutes ago

Wow! I just noticed that afa4eva has taken over from you.

I joined Nairaland just in 2006; just about the same time you joined. It was more fun, educative and entertaining then. I watched you grow from a boy to an intelligent young man. We all learnt from each other without hauling tribal insults at every opportunity. I still yearn for those days. Though, I know that there's time everything.

Aside from you, I also looked forward to reading opinions from Bawomolo, Afam, Bluetooth, Eziachi, Asha80, Negro Nts, Richyblack, Almondjoy, Kobojunkie, Flgator, Gamine, Sam milla, Jakumo, josboy4life, Muza, Mc Usman, toshinad, eldee, Osunamson aka alloyemeka aka Funmi aka deepzone, becomrich, Seun, Mukina, B.O.S.S
blacksta, superboi, Davidylan aka 4him, Ibime, huxley, stillwater, hajifatty, i-laugh, ikeyman00, lucabrasi, xavier, omaj and of course tpia. Though most of their imputs these days is riddled with sentiments cos of their regional affliations.

I thaought your tenureship and most importantly your membership was a good run. However, it clear that you were biased in some of your inputs regarding some of our so called leader. A typical example was samusi of the CBN. Some could argue athouritatively that this man was paying you.

Aside from the sanusi issue, most of your inputs were balanced, objective, corrective and well written.
Hopefully, you will get back at being very vocal as the burden of being a moderator is no more on you.

Thank you!
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Jarus(m): 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
peckhamboi:

Exactly, Seun is a very big fool to let Jarus go, he has displayed tremendous maturity during his term and he was an asset to Nairaland.

The new mod is not only intellectually inferior to Jarus, but he has already started threatening to ban people a few minutes after he was made moderator.

Jarus cheers for a job very well done. Buena suerte.
Thanks. But let's spare Seun. In fairness to him, he has tried. He convinced me to stay at least on 3 resignation occasions in the past far back 2011. He did his best. It takes humility for a forum owner to publicly apologize to his staff as he did last month. Let's give it to him. I just had to go, we can't be here forever, it's not possible. Na soldier go, soldier come, barrack remain.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Igwe9(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
peckhamboi:

The new mod is not only intellectually inferior to Jarus, but he has already started threatening to ban people a few minutes after he was made moderator.

Jarus cheers for a job very well done. Buena suerte.
And that's why you are calling somebody a fool?

2 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Jarus(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nuzo':

Wow! I just noticed that afa4eva has taken over from you.
I joined Nairaland just in 2006; just about the same time you joined. It was more fun, educative and entertaining then. I watched you grow from a boy to an intelligent young man. We all learnt from each other without hauling tribal insults at every opportunity. I still yearn for those days. Though, I know that there's time everything.

Aside from you, I also looked forward to reading opinions from Bluetooth, Eziachi, Asha80, Negro Nts, Richyblack, Almondjoy, Kobojunkie, Flgator, Gamine, Sam milla, Jakumo, josboy4life, Muza, Mc Usman, toshinad, eldee, Osunamson aka alloyemeka aka Funmi aka deepzone, becomrich, Seun, Mukina, B.O.S.S
blacksta, superboi, Davidylan aka 4him, Ibime, huxley, stillwater, hajifatty, i-laugh, ikeyman00, lucabrasi, xavier, omaj and of course tpia. Though most of their imputs these days is riddled with sentiments cos of their regional affliations.

I thaought your tenureship and most importantly your membership was a good run. However, it clear that you were biased in some of your inputs regarding some of our so called leader. A typical example was samusi of the CBN. Some could argue athouritatively that this man was paying you.

Aside from the sanusi issue, most of your inputs were balanced, objective, corrective and well written.
Hopefully, you will get back at being very vocal as the burden of being a moderator is no more on you.

Thank you!
Thanks Nuzo. How time flies. You remind me of Nairaland Politics section of yesteryears - 2007/2008. How we passionately defended our opinions then. How you returned from China to give a shot at House of Rep seat in your state etc. We missed you here.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by PaulJohn1: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
I'm really going to miss this guy big time undecided

Your decision is best for you.

Good luck( Goodluck ebeleckukwu ) Jarus

2 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by PointB: 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jarus did a fairly good job for most part of his tenure. However, for the last three months or so, Jarus somehow (deliberately or naturally) lost the plot.

He put in half hearted efforts in some of his own initiatives, arrogate to himself the power of judge, jury and executioner; and wielded the big stick (ban) frequently in a seemingly sadistic manner, against perceived enemies.

Later on his own suppressed ethic bigotry overwhelmed him, giving him a false sense of superiority and invincibility!

Then finally he failed to heed to Achebe's proverbial advice that: "A man does not challenge his Chi to a wrestling match," by taking on Seun the site owner, subtly and then full-frontal.

This is the true story of Jarus' reign. The story of a humble technocrat who became Abacha! A story other 'good' MODs will do well to learn.

But why this warped fate befalls 'good' MODs is a story for another thread!

3 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by free13: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
PointB: Jarus did a fairly good job for most part of his tenure. However, for the last three months or so, Jarus somehow (deliberately or naturally) lost the plot.

He put in half hearted efforts in some of his own initiatives, arrogate to himself the power of judge, jury and executioner; and wielded the big stick (ban) frequently in a seemingly sadistic manner, against perceived enemies.

Later ethic bigotry overwhelmed him, giving him a false sense of superiority and invincibility!

Then finally he failed to head to Achebe's proverbial advice that: "A man does not challenge his Chi to a wrestling match," by taking on Seun the site owner, subtly and then full-frontal.

This is the true story of Jarus' reign. The story of a humble technocrat who became Abacha! A story other 'good' MODs will do well to learn.

Well said.
He was an ethnic and religious bigot.
Pride comes before a fall.

4 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Jarus(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
PointB: Jarus did a fairly good job for most part of his tenure. However, for the last three months or so, Jarus somehow (deliberately or naturally) lost the plot.

Later ethic bigotry overwhelmed him, giving him a false sense of superiority and invincibility!

Then finally he failed to head to Achebe's proverbial advice that: "A man does not challenge his Chi to a wrestling match," by taking on Seun the site owner, subtly and then full-frontal.

What is this one saying? Perhaps someone should remind him that I resigned voluntarily based on personal principle, and still remains jn good term with NL powers that be, including Seun, that if I decide to return, it won't take 2 hours to get the position back. What some of you are begging for, some of us drop it voluntarily. Far back 2011, I had turned in my resignation , only being persuaded to reconsider. So I don't know what you are sermonizing over

13 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Ufeolorun(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
It makes a lot of sense ojare and i am not surprised,like I said on the thread congratulating the new MOd.,when you give powers to people you should also trust their judgement, elevating one of those people who have turned NL into a joke,one of those who water down any thread as they deem fit,obviously mean you do not trust the judgement of the current moderators and you rate them in the same category with your new moderator.

1 Like

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by PaulJohn1: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jarus, better ignore some posts.

Some fellas are here to be noticed and nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Desola(f): 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
You made the right decision, Jarus.

You are one of a kind; a rare gem and certainly a cut above the rest.

It was a privilege knowing you as a mod and you will always be held in my highest estimation.

Moving on...

3 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by PointB: 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jarus:

What is this one saying? Perhaps someone should remind him that I resigned voluntarily based on personal principle, and still remains jn good term with NL powers that be, including Seun, that if I decide to return, it won't take 2 hours to get the position back. What some of you are begging for, some of us drop it voluntarily. Far back 2011, I had turned in my resignation , only being persuaded to reconsider. So I don't know what you are sermonizing over

Whether you resigned voluntarily or was forced to resign is not the business of my post. Like I always advice, read my post again slowly this time around, perhaps then you will get the message.

2 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jarus don resign? shocked

Chai, I pity the defenders and goalkeepers of the opposing teams at that Ajah Emirates Stadium. Dem never see grin

@ Jarus, feel free to pop into the sports section anytime.

Wishing you the best as you embark on another phase of your Nairaland journey.
Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Ufeolorun(m): 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2013

Later on his own suppressed ethic bigotry overwhelmed him, giving him a false sense of superiority and invincibility!

Then finally he failed to heed to Achebe's proverbial advice that: "A man does not challenge his Chi to a wrestling match," by taking on Seun the site owner, subtly and then full-frontal.

You most times come across as a bloviator with no strong conviction whatsoever,ready to take any position just to have a long winded chat.It is shocking the admin. is pandering to the whims of people like you.Yes, people like you keep the forum going/active because of your love for soggy arguements

3 Likes

Re: Jarus (August 3, 2010 to January 1, 2013) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Well done Jarus. I love some of the initiatives you started during your tenure. Hopefully OAM4J and Afam4eva will continue them after you. Best of luck with all your endeavors smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Many Evils Of Governor Ikedi Ohakim / Rivers Govt Officials Shun Chief-Justice’s Valedictory Ceremonies / The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.