Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices (12532 Views)

APC Fixes New Dates For Closure Of Purchase, Submission Of Forms / How Boko Haram Terrorists Rape Women, Girls In Nigeria - Amnesty International / Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu Calls For Closure Of Some Government Parastatals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by dominusgai(m): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
EVarn:
The concept of national security is often for the greater good of the majority.

I am not condemning AI for speaking up for people, but we have to make AI understands that speaking up for people is the only business they have in Nigeria. Going to the extremes of training spies, sponsoring dissidents, and carrying out activities that could exacerbate the conflict cannot be tolerated.
Sir, please where is the proof of this spy training?

Or is training of journalist to penetrate where access is blocked for no potent reason now spy training?

If that is the case I thing 75% of US journalists would be spies.

Or you think say international journalist na Nigerian journalist when day report crisis from 2 streets away or no day try penetrate somewhere because government talk am?

In fact telling an international journalist that a place is off limit is encouraging him to look into it the more
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by UncletC: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
winj3:

Pal,

There is clear evidence that Amnesty International is run by the CIA and other western security forces. If any African country start to progress against any form of economic and social programs they do something to tarnish it so you can go back to square one.

A destabilized Africa means big business for western companies and government exploitation.

Stupid talk does not fix Africa's problems - use some commonsense!

you lied big time. you must be APC.
there were times Amnesty International have bounced hard on US......stop lies, it not a branch if CIA anything... if I were close, I would knock you for saying they don't want us to develop, do we even have the money? They sponsor health, send in huge fund every year... which money are they making from Nigeria... the UNICEF staff, is it Nigeria that pays them..... you lacked common sense and then retorted to telling lies
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Did democracy son cast finish wen is the next military takeover coming
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by EVarn(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
dominusgai:

Sir, please where is the proof of this spy training?

Or is training of journalist to penetrate where access is blocked for no potent reason now spy training?

If that is the case I thing 75% of US journalists would be spies.

Or you think say international journalist na Nigerian journalist when day report crisis from 2 streets away or no day try penetrate somewhere because government talk am?

In fact telling an international journalist that a place is off limit is encouraging him to look into it the more
Training journalists to go into restricted zones in order to sate vain curiosity is dangerous.

I don't understand what you mean by "for no potent reason", if the fact that those restricted areas are terrorist hotbeds and classified as Theatre of War(TOW) isn't potent reason enough to warrant military restrictions, then perhaps we need to reinvent the meaning of potency.

If those same journalist get kidnapped and hacked to death in front of the camera, everyone begins to blame the Nigerian army for not securing the lives of journalists in the area. It also has the added effect of strengthening the terrorists' media and propaganda initiative.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by dominusgai(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
EVarn:
Training journalists to go into restricted zones in order to sate vain curiosity is dangerous.

I don't understand what you mean by "for no potent reason", if the fact that those restricted areas are terrorist hotbeds and classified as Theatre of War(TOW) isn't potent reason enough to warrant military restrictions, then perhaps we need to reinvent the meaning of potency.

If those same journalist get kidnapped and hacked to death in front of the camera, everyone begins to blame the Nigerian army for not securing the lives of journalists in the area. It also has the added effect of strengthening the terrorists' media and propaganda initiative.

Bros, that is the essence of journalism, something 90% of Nigerian Journalist don't understand.

Journalist risked their lives to bring news of world war 2, they risk their lives to snap pictures of dead people killed by biological weapons in Syria.

They risked their lives to bring the news of waterboarding in Guantanamo.

They risked their lives in Iraq and Iran and Afganistan to report soldier brutality.

Without risking their life, no journalist can bring news capable of making other world leaders pay attention to issues
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by winj3: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
UncletC:

you lied big time. you must be APC.
there were times Amnesty International have bounced hard on US......stop lies, it not a branch if CIA anything... if I were close, I would knock you for saying they don't want us to develop, do we even have the money? They sponsor health, send in huge fund every year... which money are they making from Nigeria... the UNICEF staff, is it Nigeria that pays them..... you lacked common sense and then retorted to telling lies

You are s small boy or girl, you know nothing so please shut up!
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
afroxyz:

please go back to the kitchen and wash plates. you have nithing to contribute. when adults are talking you can either seat and listen or walk out.

Adult that thinks like a toddler. Shame dey catch me on ur behalf

1 Like

Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by JuanDeDios: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
EVarn:
The concept of national security is often for the greater good of the majority.

I am not condemning AI for speaking up for people, but we have to make AI understands that speaking up for people is the only business they have in Nigeria. Going to the extremes of training spies, sponsoring dissidents, and carrying out activities that could exacerbate the conflict cannot be tolerated.
YOU believe AI is training spies and sponsoring dissidents in Nigeria or anywhere? Ok.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by EVarn(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
dominusgai:

Bros, that is the essence of journalism, something 90% of Nigerian Journalist don't understand.

Journalist risked their lives to bring news of world war 2, they risk their lives to snap pictures of dead people killed by biological weapons in Syria.

They risked their lives to bring the news of waterboarding in Guantanamo.

They risked their lives in Iraq and Iran and Afganistan to report soldier brutality.

Without risking their life, no journalist can bring news capable of making other world leaders pay attention to issues
True, but there are reasons for restrictions,and those restrictions are for the good of everyone involved. If any journalist want to cover anything, they should acquire the necessary permission from the Nigerian army.

In fact, I am aware that the army will be willing to provide security for such media coverage.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by afroxyz: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Karatum:

Adult that thinks like a toddler. Shame dey catch me on ur behalf

have you finished the house chores? my boxers need washing
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
afroxyz:

have you finished the house chores? my boxers need washing

Tell ur mother to wash them for u - as usual

1 Like

Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by hero2000: 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
Jonathan:

These Said NGOs are funding terrorists ogbeni

Is there any proof?

Will closing their office stop the alleged funding? Abi na Amnesty Office dem dey come collect money?

Nigerian military should tell the sponsors of BH, 3½ since PMB they cannot. Just guess work.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by afroxyz: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
Karatum:

Tell ur mother to wash them for u - as usual

what a pity that your parents could afford to send you to school but forgot to give you home training
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by IbrahimDamola: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
winj3:

[s]Pal,

There is clear evidence that Amnesty International is run by the CIA and other western security forces. If any African country start to progress against any form of economic and social programs they do something to tarnish it so you can go back to square one.

A destabilized Africa means big business for western companies and government exploitation.

Stupid talk does not fix Africa's problems - use some commonsense![/s]

Stop deceiving your Muslim tyranny loving skull.

grin
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by dominusgai(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
EVarn:
True, but there are reasons for restrictions,and those restrictions are for the good of everyone involved. If any journalist want to cover anything, they should acquire the necessary permission from the Nigerian army.

In fact, I am aware that the army will be willing to provide security for such media coverage.

Bro first of all the Nigerian army will not give it. Secondly, many greatest stories that become headlines are stories that are gotten without permission from the giver.

This year alone, do you know how many leaks got out of the white house without permission of the president or chief of staff? Them plenty.

No military will give permission to any news agency when they are involved in human right violation.

Journalism is a risky profession, and those who are true journalists accept the fact that they can die on the job.

Above all, true journalism knows nothing like restrictions, they know a story and a source. If you like put 100 restrictions them go still attempt to find out about the thing you are restricting them from

No editor will ask you if you had permission. All they are concerned about is credible source.

Notice the army did not list out their actual crimes. They just gave a vague description and chunked it under national security.

Real journalist no day fear that one.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by UncletC: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
winj3:

You are s small boy or girl, you know nothing so please shut up!
you dished out lies always..... because you know CIA , you are fanning yourself...
you don't know that Amnesty international is a UK based international organization that reports even US wrong doings including UK itself..... your dull brain is overwhelming.... you now resorted to insult instead of providing your fact...
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by OreMI22: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
So that Nigerian government is free to slaughter Nigerian citizens as Buhari pleases?

Infact, the international community must place an embargo on arms and training supply to Nigerian military until it's human rights abuse stops.

If the killings and slaughter of citizens continue under Buhari regime, then freezing of the external assets of the regime members and denial of visas to all of them will become unavoidable.

Total embargo on Nigerian oil should never be off the table. Afterall, if Nigerian oil export stops, oil prices will be a little favorable for OPEC and other responsible countries.
Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by gaddafe(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Jonathan:

These Said NGOs are funding terrorists ogbeni

Why would a foreign NGO be sponsoring terrorist? If you are suspecting a foreign govt involvement then trust me they wouldn't be using NGO. They would be using the Nigerian army. A lot of foreign govt have moles they've placed in various security agencies in Nigeria. Even when IBB was head of state foreign govt still showed him private pictures of him. The buttom line is The security of this nation has been compromised long ago and only a total overhaul can solve it.

1 Like

Re: Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices by kapelvej: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2018
winj3:

Pal,

Stupid talk does not fix Africa's problems - use some commonsense!

I read your message I was happy with your level of engagement, but you disappointed yourself by ending up with insults, it is fine, that was the APC has turned this Nigerians to-Nothing but bitterness
Back to the question, when Amnesty discredited the last government same way they are doing now, the people in power today celebrated and danced, they benefitted from it even when the amnesty report's led to the none sale of weapons to fight Boko Haram, the people in power today were happy, they knew the failure of the last government will be to their advantage. If Buhari really meant well for the country, he would not have supported amnesty when they refuse to sell ammunitions to the last govt. to fight insurgency.
In conclusion, I support what you are saying wholeheartedly, but the government we have today in Nigeria is not different from any of the past.
Again I say, you write, well, you reason well, please stop being abusive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Running Because I Am Tired, Ezekwesili Reveals As She Campaigns In Kaduna / Operation Crocodile Smile II In Niger Delta Begins Friday / PDP National Spokesman Calls Amended Rivers Caretaker List Authentic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.