Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Give Me More Time, Pray For Me, Buhari Begs Nigerians At 76 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me More Time, Pray For Me, Buhari Begs Nigerians At 76 (355 Views)

Ex-Military Governor, Tunji Olurin Dies At 76 / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give Me More Time, Pray For Me, Buhari Begs Nigerians At 76 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari clocked 76 years on Monday , and with just 60 days to the 2019 presidential poll, he asked for more time and prayers to fix Nigeria .
The President was 73 years old when he took over the reigns of power for the second time in 2015 .

Buhari spoke at the Presidential Villa , Abuja , shortly after the 203 - member Guards Brigade held a special parade to honour him .

The parade performance and rendition of birthday songs were adjudged the first elaborate birthday ceremonies held for the President since 2015 .
The event took place at the Fore Court of the Presidential Villa.

Speaking with State House correspondents after he cut his birthday cake and the ceremonies were rounded off , the President said he was impressed with his aides , who put the event together .

“ Well , I am impressed with it , they (aides ) have put a lot of time behind it , I thank and appreciate them very much” , he said .

Looking ahead , Buhari said he would keep reminding Nigerians about where he met the country in 2015 and where he had now taken it .

He explained , “We will keep reminding Nigerians about what we have done, how we met the country, what we have been able to do for the time we came in to now with the resources available to us . ”
Buhari specifically appealed to Nigerians to give him more time and to pray for him....

https://punchng.com/give-me-more-time-pray-for-me-buhari-begs-nigerians-at-76/

That is what we are saying. Leaders in Nigeria have a serious problem. They are all infected with the sit-tight syndrome and once they cling to power, they never want to leave. Imagine Buhari asking Nigerians to be patient with him and technically asking them to vote him in again in spite of his obvious inability to handle the economy of the country or bring any visible change to any section of the nation.

Someone should ask him how many tenures/terms Nelson Mandela stayed in power to achieve the remarkable successes he achieved before he left government.
Re: Give Me More Time, Pray For Me, Buhari Begs Nigerians At 76 by StillX10(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
We cant be praying for you while you keep suffering the nation, we can only pray for you to get out of office

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Ex-defence Chief, Alex Badeh Shot Dead / State House Candidate In Akwa Ibom Denies Being Sponsored By Another Candidate / Apc Justifies Udom’s Re-election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.