Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? (1161 Views)

Conte 'In Advanced Talks To Succeed Mourinho At Tottenham' / Throwback Photos Of Louis Van Gaal And Jose Mourinho At Barcelona In 1997 / Wenger To Replace Mourinho At Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Mourinho was given his marching orders on Tuesday morning, with the club saying they will appoint a permanent replacement in the summer.

So, who will replace Mourinho? And who do you think will take over?

The candidates for the job this summer

Zinedine Zidane 10/11 (Betfair)

Few first-time managers can say they won the Champions League during their first season in charge. None can match Zidane's astonishing record of three in three years. Fact he is untried outside of the context of Real Madrid gives some reason for caution, but is the only coach of his profile out of work, which makes him the obvious choice.

Antonio Conte 4/1

From one confrontational former Chelsea manager who alienated much of a once-thriving squad to... another. Conte's impact in his first season at Chelsea make him a viable contender if Ed Woodward is looking for a quick fix, but he would buck the time-honoured trend of attempting to correct the flaws of the previous appointment with the next.

Mauricio Pochettino 5/1

Stock at a high after leading Tottenham on a very tight budget, but no summer signings and ongoing stadium woe creates a feeling that he may look elsewhere this summer. Appears to have every necessary attribute to succeed at the top, but lack of trophies are a nagging if tedious doubt.

Laurent Blanc 5/1

Played for United and taken charge of Bordeaux, France and Paris Saint-Germain as a manager but has not worked since 2016. Nevertheless, seems to have some sort of contractual agreement to appear in any piece speculating about Manchester United’s next manager, so here he is.

Arsene Wenger 14/1

Wenger has been waiting for the perfect job to come around since leaving Arsenal in the summer, with Bayern Munich talked about as a next destination. Surely it won't be Old Trafford? But wouldn’t it be fun!

Leonardo Jardim 22/1

Led Monaco to their first Ligue 1 title in nearly two decades in 2016-17, playing an attacking style of football with a young and impressive side. Ended badly, sacked a few months into this season.

Massimiliano Allegri 33/1

Heavily linked with Chelsea last summer before the appointment of Maurizio Sarri. The Juventus manager looks capable of presiding over a Ferguson-like spell of dominance in Serie A and has shown little indication he is keen to leave. But when Man Utd come calling… (and potentially throw in a now-vacant suite at the Lowry)

Diego Simeone 33/1

Arch pragmatist has had Atletico Madridpunching above their weight for several years in La Liga. Unlikely to reduce number of “Attack, attack, attack!” chants coming from the Stretford End.

Source: https://destinedboy..com/2018/12/talk-of-the-day-who-will-replace-jose.html

cc:mynd44

Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2018
hmm!

Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2018
zidane please come

Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2018
lol!

miss u!

Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Strangebuttrue(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2018
no coach will do well at man u .they don't have the players to challenge for title
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
No thanks to Jurgen Klopp and the beautiful Horlhamhi

Amaka United needs a father-like coach not a military dictator.

Here are my recommended coaches:
-Kadiri Ikhana; The father in law of Yakubu Aiyegbeni will no doubt bring that player-coach relationship to Amaka United. The gaffer who had a fruitful spell with the people's elephant will make an impact if not his first season.

-Austin Eguaveon; Highly friendly with his boys and also build a long lasting relationship with his employer's, the Benin born tactician will also be a good fit for the club. He helped guild Nigeria to a 3rd place finish at the 2008 AFCON competition.

-Imama Amakakpabo; You may wish to call him the "Nigeria Guardiola" he proved himself as a good coach as the handler of the flying antelope.

Other notable names for the job are
Gbenga Oguntoye
Okey Emordi
Samson Siasia
Aminu Maina

2 Likes

Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
No thanks to Jurgen Klopp and the beautiful Horlhamhi

Amaka United needs a father-like coach not a military dictator.

Here are my recommended coaches:
-Kadiri Ikhana; The father in law of Yakubu Aiyegbeni will no doubt bring that player-coach relationship to Amaka United. The gaffer who had a fruitful spell with the people's elephant will make an impact if not his first season.

-Austin Eguaveon; Highly friendly with his boys and also build a long lasting relationship with his employer's, the Benin born tactician will also be a good fit for the club. He helped guild Nigeria to a 3rd place finish at the 2008 AFCON competition.

-Imama Amakakpabo; You may wish to call him the "Nigeria Guardiola" he proved himself as a good coach as the handler of the flying antelope.

Other notable names for the job are
Gbenga Oguntoye
Okey Emordi
Samson Siasia
Aminu Maina
maybe they just simply have to go for one of your listed recommended Coaches.. it won't be bad at all if they choose to have a Nigerian Coach.
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
lol
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

maybe they just simply have to go for one of your listed recommended Coaches.. it won't be bad at all if they choose to have a Nigerian Coach.
Lol, I need them to pay for recommendation fee. If they can get a wasted Lukaku for £75million, then they can fork out my price. cheesy
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Lol, I need them to pay for recommendation fee. If they can get a wasted Lukaku for £75million, then they can fork out my price. cheesy
lol
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

lol
How are you dear?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
How are you dear?
I'm very well. Trust you good too.
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

I'm very well.
Trust you good too.
Yeah, I'm very sweet.

How did you check out prey Bayern Munich?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Yeah, I'm very sweet.

How did you check out prey Bayern Munich?
I had wanted to ask you that earlier...well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see how it unfolds.
Though, I'll have to go by Klopp's words "it's going to be a tough one", (for both clubs) because Liverpool isn't going to make it easy for Bayern and I won't be much surprised if Klopp's men pull through successfully.
Buh, only time will tell.
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

I had wanted to ask you that earlier...well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see how it unfolds.
Though, I'll have to go by Klopp's words "it's going to be a tough one", (for both clubs) because Liverpool isn't going to make it easy for Bayern and I won't be much surprised if Klopp's men pull past Bayern Munich successfully.
Buh, only time will tell.
I am wary of Bayern on and off form, but I see Liverpool going through. You reside in the SW?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
I am wary of Bayern on and off form, but I see Liverpool going through. You reside in the SW?
yes
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

yes
That's cool, lemme guess. Ogun?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by Horlhamhi(f): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
JasonScoolari:
That's cool, lemme guess. Ogun?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by JasonScoolari: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
Horlhamhi:

nay..
Ibd?
Re: Talk Of The Day! Who Will Replace Jose Mourinho At United? by destindd(m): 8:47am On Dec 19, 2018
lool

(1) (Reply)

Mascot Reveals That Lionel Messi HUMS Argentina's National Anthem(pictures) / Help! Help!! Help!!! What's This On Betking? / Where Is Murphy Jemba And Sean Amadi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.