Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,503 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (72098 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Commend Satomi For Subsidising Fuel / Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity / 24 Hours Electricity In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by lawani: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
All these campaign lies.

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by maslong(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
This people and backwardness eeeeh undecided
Why not just request for billing reduction undecided
poverty will never leave those people for ever.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by mistyMen: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

I meant that if you using heavy gadgets and want to keep them running at all times, Prepaid meter will finish one

Was telling you to give it a try
U mean prepaid meter is no adviceable if u use heavy equipments.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by mechanics(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
That's serious o, even power state don't enjoy constant light like them, they should be happy.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by eneyoduke(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Fake news and hate speech
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
mistyMen:
U mean prepaid meter is no adviceable if u use heavy equipments.

Yeah! You will be on the losing side
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by pacespot(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
we should mark this down as unprecedented precedent in the history of Nigeria for future reference, residents protesting against too much of power supply. But they should channel their protest in the right way: "give us meter"

My generator fuel is now turning liquid because I have not had reason to power my home with generator for six months due to 24/7 power supply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by mistyMen: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
pacespot:
we should mark this down as unprecedented precedent in the history of Nigeria for future reference, residents protesting against too much of power supply. But they should channel their protest in the right way: "give us meter"

My generator fuel is now turning liquid because I have not had reason to power my home with generator for six months due to 24/7 power supply.
Where is ur location?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by mistyMen: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

Yeah! You will be on the losing side
And I was planning to get one.I use 3ACs
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
mistyMen:
And I was planning to get one.I use 3ACs

grin grin grin Give it a try and you will understand

Keep the water heaters on too
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by ogundeleai(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
Same development is being experienced in most parts of ibadan... Any area not enjoying an average of 18hrs of power supply is having peculiar issue be it transformer defect or technical issue yet to be unravel.... Initially people claim power stability is as a result of raining season but dry season has set in and situation is even better from good. I just believe in This president to restore dignity of this Nation.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by ikcid: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Dabiridamilare:

Yea. Gwandu Lg
Oh! that's nice.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by johnDkay(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
efighter:

Since you drug pushers, kidnappers and armed robbers are more creative and productive, kindly use your creativity and productivity to generate and distribute light to your houses and companies. ISI EWU......
is you hot tempered?

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by ZUBY77(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
They are prolly on 33kv line. They should protest to be metered and not reduction in availability

Don't even believe this shit

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by davillian(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
duduade:
Please can't Maiduguri people transport the light to Lagos
Over here our light dropped from 17 /19hrs to 7hrs per 24hrs in my area in lagos
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Colb461: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
yeah it true sha in Maiduguri where I am dier is 24 hr electricity and by d way is DAT not hw naija is suppose to b.so y complaining..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by obaataaokpaewu: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
ZUBY77:

Don't even believe this shit
I believe it, because I have had such experience. 33kv lines are straight from TCN and have power flowing 247 except it trips on fault or TCN's maintenance. So on the average, they may be having upto 20hours monthly supply. If YEDC is to bill, they will bill for the energy they draw from transmission, so they will end up overbilling majority of the people that are on direct connection

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sirjamo: 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
When I posted it here last month that its 23h electricity in Yobe, I was attacked and called all sort of names, I demand an unreserved apology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by tete7000(m): 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jonathan:
And you say Buhari is not working .
These people should get the prepaid meter and stop wailing about outrageous postpaid bills

See as you talk as if prepaid meter is something they go to supermarket and get off the shelves. If it is that straightforward, everyone would have it, who likes to pay for something he doesn't use. The problem is that Buhari government since they came onboard has ensured the meters are not available. All these caption of 24hrs uninterrupted light is just a ruse, if you read well, you will understand what people are complaining of is outrageous billing. BEDC here in Asaba are doing the same, giving a moderate electric using household a bill of N23000 monthly with light that is barely available. The most ironic part is they disconnect you and still keep bringing more outrageous bill for power they themselves cut off. Buhari govt is a colossal failure.

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by UrVillagePpl: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Equity311987:
please don't do what we affect corpers in maiduguri.
light is part of what we are enjoying oooo

so won continue to b corper,,.

even after ARTICULATED/OBI 2nd term...
K continue
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by asobo: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
myboy2111:

Maiduguri not Yola...The name of the company is Yola Electricity Dist. Coy
Yola supplies them light.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
johnlvis:
Give me the light i will pay anything.
You would be first to led the protest when you get constant power with exorbitant charges
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Elxandre(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

True but you will be most sure you have consumed more than what you paying for. Try load a meter and switch on 2 units of 2HP AC before going to work, Tell me what reading you find on your meter when you get back from work grin grin grin

If you want to see more miracles, Keep the water heaters plugged in and running grin grin grin

It depends on life style though; I presume
Why would you leave an Air conditioner or heaters switched on without usage?
I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

Bro

Dont pray for prepaid meter

I know what am talking about from experience

If you use heavy household equipment's, You will understand

Prepaid metre remains the best.If you have heavy gadgets, just switch off some appliance to use them.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
Skirmishes:
Funny enough.. Yola Electricity Distribution Company (YEDC) was bought by Atiku Abubakar during the privatisation programme. This is a major plus for Atiku..
Are you he doesn't want to use it to his advantage
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Elxandre(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
ogundeleai:
Same development is being experienced in most parts of ibadan... Any area not enjoying an average of 18hrs of power supply is having peculiar issue be it transformer defect or technical issue yet to be unravel.... Initially people claim power stability is as a result of raining season but dry season has set in and situation is even better from good. I just believe in This president to restore dignity of this Nation.....
Which Ibadan undecided

No be only 18 hours.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Denikayan: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Prepaid metre remains the best.If you have heavy gadgets, just switch off some appliance to use them.

At a time, but I see that routine as a task. Its tedious

Going on and off everyday is work and knowing I will be watching the reading of a meter makes me sick
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by xcelentattitude(m): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
Is the OP smoking weed? How can someone work from 7pm to 4pm. Abi, Is the person working 'anticlockwisely' ni. And please, don't judge my choice of grammar, if it isn't in your dictionary, add it.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:

At a time, but I see that routine as a task. Its tedious

Going on and off everyday is work and knowing I will be watching the reading of a meter makes me sick
It is the best because you save cost.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Jeromejnr(m): 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
xcelentattitude:
Is the OP smoking weed? How can someone work from 7pm to 4pm. Abi, Is the person working anticlockwisely ni. And please, don't judge my choice of grammar, if it isn't in your dictionary, add it.

Lol
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by xcelentattitude(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Elxandre:

Which Ibadan undecided

No be only 18 hours.

In my hometown Area in Ibadan (olororo, challenge), They still ration the light and we only have light from say maybe 12am - 5am. When the light is completely useless to you, abi pesin no go sleep? The light is in sharp contrast with that of where I live in Abj.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
Na prepaid be the answer.

When elecltricity units reach like 10, I no dey even charge laptop again, talk more of to use my freezer, I dey shut down till alert enter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / Chukwuma Ochonogor: We Are Offering Nigerians 6 Million Naira Loan Within a Day / Peter Obi's Lookalike Spotted In Jos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.