Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,177 members, 7,849,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (72101 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Commend Satomi For Subsidising Fuel / Zambia Now Enjoys 24 Hours Electricity / 24 Hours Electricity In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Abagworo(m): 4:21am On Dec 19, 2018
BrokenCock:
i swear! Na only for north these constant light dey oh! Ones u cross lokoja upwards na steady light.

PH still dey ration light since 1990.

PH has stable power except you are on 11kva.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by GEJDHERO: 4:23am On Dec 19, 2018
pawesome:
I no longer care about billing... If them like, make them bring 200k bill for the month, Na still 3k I go pay... After all when they come to meter you, your debts will be cleared for free
disconnection dey oo.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Teacher1776(m): 4:24am On Dec 19, 2018
duduade:
Please can't Maiduguri people transport the light to Lagos
Abi? Instead of clamoring for prepaid metres, they are begging for reduction in supply. They should loan us just 12 hours a day.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by GEJDHERO: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

I had experienced similar thing but I received the shock of my life when the bill started increasing. Those NEPA staffs as I call them knew that we pay certain amount on monthly basis yet they increased our bills so as to pay more whereas my peeps on prepaid metre pay less yet they still use all their gadgets. This time around they use energy saving bulbs instead of the yellow one. This is in addition to other appliances they have.Since the electricity company has target to meet, they astronomically increase their charges in order to recoupe what they had spent on purchasing electricity from Genco.
Those ur peeps might be bypassing.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by GEJDHERO: 4:31am On Dec 19, 2018
Abagworo:
History has been made by Buhari. It has never happened in Nigeria from 1960 to 2015 that communities and cities get more power supply than required. Next level!
Next level to more killings and sufferings.Fashola say Buhari is not responsible if you don't have light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by unyimecc(f): 4:49am On Dec 19, 2018
constant power supply is for Northern state while the southern state are suffering in darkness...
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Mizwisdom(f): 5:34am On Dec 19, 2018
Those pips relocating abroad because of light should try North
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by obaataaokpaewu: 6:10am On Dec 19, 2018
ZUBY77:

And you think this is happening in Maidugri of all places?
People still stay in Maiduguri. So yeah, it's possible
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by omoelerin1: 6:43am On Dec 19, 2018
wickyyolo:
People who are not creative and don't produce anything have more light than the SE who are. More productive. Naija we are going no where. Giant of shit
And some ignorant liked the comment of this shallow mind. What a terrible are these south easterners!

g
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sleezwizz: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2018
WaffenSS:
See them.clamoring for prepaid meters

Same meters they'll turn around to bypass

Thieves

No mind them... Na thieves plenty pass out of these customers... Give them prepaid meters and they will still steal (Bypass) from the discos...

One was caught in my area and ended up paying #350,000 as fine....

Majority of those customers saying they vend #2000-#3000 every month have bypassed their prepaid meters...

2 Likes

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sleezwizz: 6:51am On Dec 19, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Those pips relocating abroad because of light should try North

So that Boko Haram can bomb/kill them abi? undecided
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Chigold101(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2018
hisgrace090:
Naija wahala too much not small.

So this folks are now rejecting constant power supply which everyone is praying for? Here in the south east many people still get light ones a week from eedc.
don't you think the headline is a little misleading?
The people are actually protesting being over billed not really about 24hour Power
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sleezwizz: 6:54am On Dec 19, 2018
pawesome:
I no longer care about billing... If them like, make them bring 200k bill for the month, Na still 3k I go pay... After all when they come to meter you, your debts will be cleared for free

Who told u that... u go carry ur gbese enter ur prepaid meter...

I mean they will move the outstanding on ur bill into ur prepaid meter whenever u are given... so u go still pay that gbese by fire by force or no light for u grin

Wise up bro
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sleezwizz: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2018
Chigold101:
don't you think the headline is a little misleading?
The people are actually protesting being over billed not really about 24hour Power

Its not about issue of been over billed... the more stable electricity is the more u pay..

The amount u pay for electricity depends majorly on availability of supply (how stable)... thats what most people dont understand...

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by omoelerin1: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2018
exlink10:
I have not seen a country as primitive and stu.pid as Nigeria. which kind news be this now?

first of all, the news is a blatant lie cuz no pictures to buttress the claim and the source self is questionable.

but wait ooo, maiduguri abi watin dey call them that is being ravaged by boko haram are having 24 hours electricity while Lagos or other developed cities that needs this light hardly see it. How stu.pid and foolish is this if its even tru?

i feel like vomiting on reading this news. And what is more annoying is that the primitive people there don't even know that there something called prepaid meter which they should protest to given one instead protesting the availability of electricity.

i just wish Americans or even Ghanaians dont see this news. so fo.olish.
Gibberish
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by omoelerin1: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2018
Ngwamankillyou:
Uncivilised bunch of tree climbers. I heard one hopeless animal saying drug pushing as if his families don't take drugs... Jealous inferior apes we share country with.. Separation is only the answer to know who's the best of all black race.
Mumu talk
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by pawesome(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2018
Sleezwizz:

Who told u that... u go carry ur gbese enter ur prepaid meter...

I mean they will move the outstanding on ur bill into ur prepaid meter whenever u are given... so u go still pay that gbese by fire by force or no light for u grin

Wise up bro
lol...de dia old... That's the thing they are doing in Jos... When ever they start mass metering, when ever you go for capturing after installation, they clear all outstanding debts... Nothing like make I wise up it's something that I have seen... The present compound am staying now that was what happened... So nothing like moving the outstanding to the meter... Except you go and buy the meter, that's when they will ask you to pay 25k and that's for debt recovery so not like you are buying the meter but you paid part of your debt

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by pawesome(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2018
GEJDHERO:
disconnection dey oo.
meter wey dem de fix Ontop electric pole? Once they fix it, that's all... They force the meter on you and if you refuse that you do not want the meter, they drop all your wires...so any phcn staff that says you should clear your debt before been metered wan just chop your money
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by BlessedNiel: 7:36am On Dec 19, 2018
Deceptive headline. I thought I will see people with placards protesting against 24hr power supply only to read complaints about outrageous billing. I tire for dis kind tin foil 9ja abeg
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by mikeconfidence(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
They are prolly on 33kv line. They should protest to be metered and not reduction in availability
wetin abokis sabi. Instead of controlling wetin dem dey use light do, na another dem dey talk. grin
obaataaokpaewu:
They are prolly on 33kv line. They should protest to be metered and not reduction in availability
wetin abokis sabi. Instead of controlling wetin dem dey use light do, na another dem dey talk.
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2018
maslong:

poverty will never leave those people for ever.
Lolzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by jaafree: 7:50am On Dec 19, 2018
Dabiridamilare:
Same thing in kebbi, 24hrs light supply..
. same thing here in kinkinau , Kaduna
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Sleezwizz: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2018
pawesome:
lol...de dia old... That's the thing they are doing in Jos... When ever they start mass metering, when ever you go for capturing after installation, they clear all outstanding debts... Nothing like make I wise up it's something that I have seen... The present compound am staying now that was what happened... So nothing like moving the outstanding to the meter... Except you go and buy the meter, that's when they will ask you to pay 25k and that's for debt recovery so not like you are buying the meter but you paid part of your debt

Ok... maybe what works out in Jos is different from what works out in other part of the country
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by labani06(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2018
[DC author=duduade post=73966709]Please can't Maiduguri people transport the light to Lagos [/quote]
Let me tell u these people are not rejecting this offer just like that woo look they reject this offer because of the bill they were given by NEPA a small house may be asked to pay 15k-19k- and don't forget they only use TV set and some few electric bulb
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Tonytonex(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2018
LIAR. nobody don come my house do assesment of my gadget. but they keep on increasing bills
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by Cogs(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2018
Trizzi:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/stop-giving-us-24-hours-electricity.html

You guys should get prepaid meter!
Problem solved!
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by pawesome(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2018
Sleezwizz:

Ok... maybe what works out in Jos is different from what works out in other part of the country
like I said if you go to pay for it and they tell you a certain amount to pay, you not actually paying for the meter but your debt recovery... But if you wait for mass metering, they clear it for you automatically because they forcing the meter on you with or without telling them... Even if you home or not, they fix the meter and leave
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by luluosas(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Huh! Abeg, make dem transfer am fast fast to Upper Sakponba, Benin City. We are in deep village here because no light for months now
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by BrokenCock: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Abagworo:

PH has stable power except you are on 11kva.
ig this is true then id visit again. Cos most places I stayed in PH were sharing or no light for hours
Re: Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest by veeberry(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2018
Probably they are on the estimated billing system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / Chukwuma Ochonogor: We Are Offering Nigerians 6 Million Naira Loan Within a Day / Peter Obi's Lookalike Spotted In Jos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.