Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Is It Mandatory To Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Mandatory To Get Married? (2111 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Is It Mandatory To Pierce The Ear Lobes Of A Newborn Girl? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by medoyejoseph: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Spyker: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
shocked
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by coolier(f): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
No, but then why walk alone?
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by meyri: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2010
No. But culture say you not fulfilled until you are married with kids.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Busybody2(f): 1:44am On Aug 07, 2010
It is not compulsory, besides not everyone is going to get a suitable suitor and get married and not everyone is going to remain married.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2010
been wondering about this thing of late, have a very cute woman in a r/ship with, but i times i get to wonder if i wont one day be bored,
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by mylove4him(f): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2010
Two are better than one says the Holy Book. Marriage is ordained by God and it is better to get married so that when one partner falls the other can be there to raise him/her up.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2010
it is not compulsory, there is no way everyone on this planet will get married, and besides not everyone is even happy in their marriage, so whats the point of being in an unhappy marriage when you could be single and free?

do what you think is right for you and will make you happy, if you feel right about marriage then go for it and i hope you have a very happy marriage, if you prefer being single aint nothing wrong with that either just make sure that whatever decision you take it is yours and you are not doing it because of what others/society will say

peace out
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Busybody2(f): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
mylove4him:

Two are better than one says the Holy Book. Marriage is ordained by God and it is better to get married so that when one partner falls the other can be there to raise him/her up.

Er . . . The same Holy Book also says men are better off staying single and not marrying, so that they can concentrate on serving Him undecided So it is safe to deduce from that passage that it is weak men who no fit hold body who should marry cool
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by mutter(f): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2010
We owe it to the future generation to uphold the institution of marriage.
no better form of raising children like in a family with a mother and father.
Sometimes that cannot be achieved but it should remain the standard way of bringing children into the world and raising them
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by bawomolo(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2010
coolier:

No, but then why walk alone? 

some people are loners. example is lawrence of arabia.

not married doesn't mean you are alone either, the people could just be gay grin
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by mamagee3(f): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2010
No, it's not.

There are people that don't get married throughout their lifetime.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2010
For Guys No!!

For girls (especially Nigerians/African): Yes.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by invisible2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2010
Are you shying away from responsibilities?
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by harakiri(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
Nope. . .

I realized this as i got older. Marriage is over hyped. If the deranged divorce laws in the U.S was properly implemented in a country like Nigeria whereby we have carved niches for ourselves for "bringing out the worst" from good things, ladies would be sending divorce papers 4 hours after wedding OR they would wait until they had a baby and send divorce papers straight from the maternity ward so they can collect alimony. I see a lot of married couples who had previously had BIG weddings and i'm grateful i'm still single at 30 and i'm may or may not consider marriage until my mid-late thirties.There isn't anything in it really.It's just an over rated license to have SeXXx and bear the responsibility of raising children.

End of!
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by coolier(f): 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
bawomolo:

not married doesn't mean you are alone either,

I haven't said that.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by beingme(f): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2010
its ur choice so stop making something out of it.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by kufreabasi(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
medoyejoseph:

[color=#990000][/color]

@poster,
How did you come to this world?
Morever, marriage is God's agenda to human existent.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by rubi(f): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
It is not mandatory

but it is good for to kids know that they came from a happy wedlock rather than a product of just good romance outside of wedlock

Remenber two heads are better than one
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by whiteroses(f): 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2010
not really but later you will be tired of been alone, nobody to share your thought and steps in life with, life gets complicated as ppl get older, some situation comes you cant share with anyone but you will be able to share it with that one person that will always think with you.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Get Married? by femmy2010(m): 12:12am On Aug 12, 2010
There is great power in positive thinking.

(1) (Reply)

The Women Who Think They're Too Clever To Have Babies / Things People Do To Destroy Their Marriage/relationship / If You Had Privilege To Determine Your Country Of Birth Will You Have Chosen NG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.